Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ward vs. Green
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
The CEO
laugh.gif

There'll be a few moments, but Andre Ward Easy Win.

Agree or disagree?
D-MARV
I have Ward taking a clear UD. I have a feeling that he will get hurt at some point though... maybe even knocked down. dntknw.gif
PR316
I favor Ward on a decision, but I'm not sure about his chin so I wouldn't be shocked if Green wins on a one punch KO.
The CEO
A KD or KO from Green is certainly in the realm of possibilities...that's why there's the old Puncher's Chance...lol...I give him about a 7.5% chance.

When Ward stands up to him and proves he ain't soft, it will basically be over...
tottenham19
Ward should win pretty clearly. Probably a decision.
Mean Mister Mustard
I haven't seen Green fight since he beat Rubin Williams on FNF so I don't know if he has imrproved or not. He fought pretty well against him, snapped the jab, showed some good defense and he still has his power. He is going to have to pump the jab and be prepared to deal with Ward's roughouse and sometimes illegal tactics. He does have a shot at denting Wards' chin, like others have mentioned but that seems to be it.
Big Slim Sweet
Green's got the tools but it seems like he's missing something. Ward takes him apart says me.
HaydelHammer
I seen his last handful of fights, even the one where his old sparring partner caught him on espn. Yes, he does have a punchers chance no doubt.

Also, remember when he had the bad habit of looking down at his feet? wtf was that sh*t all about? Said it was a bad habit from sparring. lol

Anyway, I got ward mopping the floor up with green UD. And why he didn't want to avenge his loss to miranda is beyond me. He made the excuse he was sick or had to get his issues leading up to that fight. I remember he finally got his intestines removed and "was back" ...so why not wipe out miranda to get that back? Instead he talked as if he had bigger better things..etc...I felt that was weird...just me.

D-MARV
Green is a mental case... I agree with CEO, Once he realizes he can't push Ward around it'll be Ward's fight. But Green's punching power and Ward's chin could make it interesting.
The CEO
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ May 26 2010, 03:11 PM) *
I haven't seen Green fight since he beat Rubin Williams on FNF so I don't know if he has imrproved or not. He fought pretty well against him, snapped the jab, showed some good defense and he still has his power. He is going to have to pump the jab and be prepared to deal with Ward's roughouse and sometimes illegal tactics. He does have a shot at denting Wards' chin, like others have mentioned but that seems to be it.

I believe this Green is the same Green who kept lookin' at his feet and took his 1st L against a Miranda...lol

QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ May 26 2010, 03:42 PM) *
Green's got the tools but it seems like he's missing something. Ward takes him apart says me.

Green does have some tools....but like I'm alluding to above, he also has a thing called "Fear of Success"...a prevalent condition that hinders people from taking advantage of opportunities or being the best they can be...

David Haye's got the same condition...these two talk big and act like they want it, but when It's knockin' on their door, they realize they don't really want it...guys like Green and Haye don't go for The Brass Ring...or in Haye's case, don't even step on the carousel...lol
JD
Green pops his head up when he jabs...it is the strangest shit.

Ward...EASY.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Ward has this easy. Green hasn't live up to any hype since he turned pro about seven years ago or so. He has some decent skills, but Ward has better skills. Sure he punches harder, but so did Edison Miranda. Ward has fought well the last couple years, and I can't remember the last time he was stunned. I know he got dropped by Darnell Boone and stunned badly against Kenny Kost, but that was a long time ago. Ward has improved a lot, and this fight will be no problem for him. I'd rather have seen Sakio Bika get this shot than Allan Green.
Snoop
QUOTE (JD @ May 26 2010, 08:21 PM) *

Ward...EASY.

Yup. He also drops the left after he throws it.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (JD @ May 26 2010, 04:21 PM) *

Ward...EASY.

yeah, I always kinda thought Green was a bit awkward. No matter how he tries to sell it, was he sick or not sick, dude still has an unavenged loss to Miranda.
neophyte7
ward might get KTFO- don't sleep on Green...
SENTRAL
Green is gonna put the heat on Ward, he's gonna catch him and have him doing the crazy dance but thats as good as it'll get. After the buzz Ward will revert back to his smooth mastery and Green will be chasing shadows only these shadows will have a sting about them. Green will get stung and hung and by the close he'll be singing that sweet soul tune " i cant get next to you."

Ward unanimous decision.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (The CEO @ May 26 2010, 12:27 PM) *
laugh.gif

There'll be a few moments, but Andre Ward Easy Win.

Agree or disagree?

The only way Green can win this is if he is wearing velcro shoelaces or a slip-on boot. He is one strange dude.

Like you said CEO this guy has a fear of success. He has all the tools but some vital ingrediant is missing. I'm picking Ward to win the whole thing and he should beat Green by late round KO. I'm not sure Allan has the meanest set of whiskers. Still as he hits the canvas it should give him a good look at Ward's shoelaces.
The CEO
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 28 2010, 01:18 AM) *
The only way Green can win this is if he is wearing velcro shoelaces or a slip-on boot. He is one strange dude.

Like you said CEO this guy has a fear of success. He has all the tools but some vital ingrediant is missing. I'm picking Ward to win the whole thing and he should beat Green by late round KO. I'm not sure Allan has the meanest set of whiskers. Still as he hits the canvas it should give him a good look at Ward's shoelaces.

laugh.gif

I'm feeling the Ward stoppage too...people wonder about Ward's chin, but I remember seein' Green get put on Queer St. by some sick lookin' jabroni not too long ago...

He also got dropped by Miranda...while Ward wasn't fazed by any of the few good punches Miranda landed on him...I think Ward is pretty damn tough and has more sting in his punches than people think...
STEVENSKI
Not sold on Ward. That said I think he beats Green.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (The CEO @ May 28 2010, 08:16 AM) *
laugh.gif

I'm feeling the Ward stoppage too...people wonder about Ward's chin, but I remember seein' Green get put on Queer St. by some sick lookin' jabroni not too long ago...

He also got dropped by Miranda...while Ward wasn't fazed by any of the few good punches Miranda landed on him...I think Ward is pretty damn tough and has more sting in his punches than people think...

Yeah that was the match on espn vs donny mccrary a guy that used to spar with him and catch him with the the same shot over and over again during sparring he said, he STILL got caught during the real match and was out on his feet.

Hard to find that footage on the internet, but that is the fight you are talking about I"m sure.
Keith

All things being equal... I would give Ward the nod in a close but clear decision. However, his knee worries me because he fights with his legs... and now its a reaccuring problem he is having. Thats says to me that at no time from this point foward will his knee ever be 100%. Maybe it wont matter, but if Ward isnt as nimble as he needs to be.... that "puncher chance" that Green already has could become reality.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Keith @ May 29 2010, 07:31 PM) *
All things being equal... I would give Ward the nod in a close but clear decision. However, his knee worries me because he fights with his legs... and now its a reaccuring problem he is having. Thats says to me that at no time from this point foward will his knee ever be 100%. Maybe it wont matter, but if Ward isnt as nimble as he needs to be.... that "puncher chance" that Green already has could become reality.

Where you been warchief?
Keith
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ May 29 2010, 02:39 PM) *
Where you been warchief?

What's up man? I been on a little here and there. After the Mosley fight, I had to take a little mental break, but for the past couple of weeks I've just been terribly busy with work. The end of the school year is the busiest time for me.

Our fantasy battle has tightened up considerably...
lloyd mayflower
I know. I need to get my June a little busier tho. Good to see u back anyhoo.

Wont be puttin Alan Green in my squad tho.

Ward WIDE UD
The CEO
Stan Lee should hunt Allan Green down and slap him dead in the face for frontin'...lol

You don't put The Hammer Of Thor on your body if you don't have that Warrior Spirit....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.