Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV@12PM (PT) 2PM (CT),3PM(ET) Klitschko/Slosnoswki (SPOILERS 15Mins. Later)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
Hey All,

As God-Awful as this bout looks on paper, we will still be doing on-going and post-fight reactions for it. The no-public streams rule still applies. Use PM or E-mail only.

Jack

Administrator
oozemcbuck

That dood got some big ass arms (Sonowski).
lloyd mayflower
Vitali is turning up to the wrong gun show
JLUVBABY
if anyone has a stream please send it to my im... i couldnt bring myself to order it...
Snoop
Is it on yet?
Maxy
Yeah first round just finished....typical Vitali fight.
Maxy
Its just Vitali coming forward all the time with his left hand by his waist, sticking out his jab as the Polish fella works on the back foot every now and again throwing some punches that land short...yawn.
JLUVBABY
found a stream...lol...
Maxy
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 29 2010, 05:18 PM) *
found a stream...lol...

Yeah same here...bit dodgy though....keep getting virus warnings...lol.
SENTRAL
It looks less than poetic moreso pathetic so are we to accept this or are we to boycott the farcial trash these euro robots push upon us?
Maxy
One thing I will say is at least Albert is having a go.
JLUVBABY
im convinced that a fighter that has a punch and will put on pressure and fight vitali like albert has at times has a very good chance of beating vitali.... you guys i know wont agree but i can see a fighter like shannon briggs making a very interesting fight with vitali... he'd have to get him early but i can see a briggs type of fighter with a lot of success early... he has the size to not be dwarfed and the punch to hurt vitali early..
HaydelHammer
this fight is great. all time classic right here
JLUVBABY
fights over and i stand by what i said in my last post... soon as the klits find them selves in with a fighter that equals them in size and height that have the heart of this guy sansowski they will get tested... their poison on the division is their gross physical attributes over everyone else... im convinced a fighter their size willing to fight with them has a chance to win... their skill level is good but they are not great.... to me they are like super heavyweights fighting heavyweights... lol...
SENTRAL
Vitali was unimpressive, he always is but he looked there for the taking when he fights a good heavyweight. This 10th round stoppage does not cover the cracks at all. There are no good heavyweights.
caneman
That's the 2nd best heavy weight huh? If that's the case I already typed way too much about the division! WOW, JUST WOW!
JLUVBABY
i used to think vitali was better than his brother but not anymore... haye needs to tackle this guy first...
Maxy
I thought it was just the same old same old....nothing good about a 10 round stoppage over a bloke who was recently due to box Audley Harrison...and was an underdog in that one according to many.

Vitali-David Haye should happen now. It is the ideal time to take him on because I just dont think the big Klit can beat a live heavyweight right now. OK, bold statement....Vitali only needs to catch Haye clean and it's over...I just don't know if he will. Haye should take this fight now. Seriously.
KookedKrack
dry.gif @ this shit
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Maxy @ May 29 2010, 05:02 PM) *
I thought it was just the same old same old....nothing good about a 10 round stoppage over a bloke who was recently due to box Audley Harrison...and was an underdog in that one according to many.

Vitali-David Haye should happen now. It is the ideal time to take him on because I just dont think the big Klit can beat a live heavyweight right now. OK, bold statement....Vitali only needs to catch Haye clean and it's over...I just don't know if he will. Haye should take this fight now. Seriously.

110% agree...
Jack 1000
Methodical Klitschko breakdown, although it seems Snoz made an effort. Vitali wins in the 10th by TKO, but hardly a definitive statement.

Jack
oozemcbuck
Get ready for Haye to start running his mouth again.... He had to see something to give him confidence, and it sounds like he did.
Hops
Vitali will kill Haye and Haye knows that. Vitali, that really pissed off, will inject himself with gigatons of steroids and make Haye pay for opening his mouth up.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Hops @ May 29 2010, 07:15 PM) *
Vitali will kill Haye and Haye knows that. Vitali, that really pissed off, will inject himself with gigatons of steroids and make Haye pay for opening his mouth up.

im not convinced anymore... i was under the same assumption as most that vitali kills haye as well but rather its age (and thats not a good excuse cuzz vitali has taken the least punishment of any heavyweight champ probably ever) but he showed some major chinks in his armor yesterday... like i said a decent heavyweight willing to take a chance will earn his respect early... sonsowski got his respect he just couldnt keep up with the big guy... ive given haye a lot of flack but hayes movement and the fact that he can punch will make that very interesting... take away that jab of vitali and he's in double trouble...
lloyd mayflower
I wonder if Hayes recent silence has had anything to do with maybe an announcement hot on the heels of this fight. The next week will be interesting regarding the Haye-Klits situation cos I just cant get my head round why Haye has went quiet all of a sudden. And I dont believe all the "hes scared" nonsense. Haye knows that holding onto that belt is no good to him cashwise. He knows the ultimate prize is to get in the ring with a Klit for the most 's.

Its just a strange situation. A Haye v Vitali fight announcenent held back out of respect for Sosnowski wouldnt surprise me
d843
QUOTE (Maxy @ May 29 2010, 05:02 PM) *

Haye is a bitch!He won't take a fight with either klitschko because he is scared of being exposed of a Ho that he is.He pretty much bs everyone into thinking he would do anything for a shot @ either of them.WHAT A LIEING PIECE OF SHIT.I hope he gets knocked the fuck out by a bum in his next fight!
Maxy
QUOTE (d843 @ May 30 2010, 02:07 PM) *
Haye is a bitch!He won't take a fight with either klitschko because he is scared of being exposed of a Ho that he is.He pretty much bs everyone into thinking he would do anything for a shot @ either of them.WHAT A LIEING PIECE OF SHIT.I hope he gets knocked the fuck out by a bum in his next fight!

Well it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he will end up getting knocked out by a much lesser foe than either Klit....however, last night Vitali showed me absolutely nothing. He was poor. Do you disagree? Did you see the fight? Can you give me some insight rather than getting all emotional?

rolleyes_anim.gif
d843
QUOTE (Maxy @ May 30 2010, 02:17 PM) *
Well it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he will end up getting knocked out by a much lesser foe than either Klit....however, last night Vitali showed me absolutely nothing. He was poor. Do you disagree? Did you see the fight? Can you give me some insight rather than getting all emotional?

rolleyes_anim.gif
I disagree ,yes I watched it.I thought he wasn't to bad for a 39 yr old.he did what he was supposed to.knock a mf out!& he will do the same to haye if he would stop acting like a fuckn bitch ass trick!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 29 2010, 04:59 PM) *
fights over and i stand by what i said in my last post... soon as the klits find them selves in with a fighter that equals them in size and height that have the heart of this guy sansowski they will get tested... their poison on the division is their gross physical attributes over everyone else... im convinced a fighter their size willing to fight with them has a chance to win... their skill level is good but they are not great.... to me they are like super heavyweights fighting heavyweights... lol...

I hate when people keep sayin this..Size and height have nothing to do with it..Guys just don't know how to close the gap when it's not a hard thing to do..Parry his jab and slide to the left and towards him at the same time..Thats a basic move I've learned and is extremely effective..Or a guy should start moving to the right while jabbing and see how the Klitchkos respond to that..Also,guys need to feint the Klitchkos and work off of them based on how they respond..I've said it SOOOO MANY times,to beat the Klitchkos,you need to know how to parry a jab..Not catch it like a sissy in the ass,but parry it and then work..Slide forward and slip at the same time when they jab,then throw an overhand over his jab..There are so many things that can be done but the heavyweights today lack skill BESIDES the Klitchkos..That's why they are on top and gonna stay on top..Sure,a lucky punch could win a fight but why go into a fight thinking you're going to land it..It needs to be set up..
D-MARV
I think Haye decisions Vitali.
JD
If a fighter uses their physical advantages then it is silly to pretend they are meaningless factors.
Warlord
QUOTE (JD @ May 31 2010, 12:04 AM) *
If a fighter uses their physical advantages then it is silly to pretend they are meaningless factors.

Don't come in here talking all sensical. Who do you think you are?
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Fitz @ May 30 2010, 10:58 PM) *
I hate when people like you say stuff like this. Just because in theory you can come up with a solution, doesn't make size and reach NOT an advantage. Size and reach IS an advantage if you use it right, and Wlad at least has always used his size correctly.

Yeah,it is an advantage if you use it right..The main thing I am trying to get out there is that there guys NEED to fucking parry their jab..Fuck size and fuck weight,if a guy has a great jab you need to parry it,not just let them double and triple it up like the heavyweights are doing..If you parry correct,it is IMPOSSIBLE to double or triple up..It doesn't matter if it is a bum or fuckin Joe Louis,if you parry correct,they need to reload..If I were fighting a Klitchko in a week,I would spend 50% of my time working on parrying jabs..I doubt the heavyweights fighting them are even working on stopping a jab 10% of the time..Slip a jab or parry it,these guys just catch it and allow them to keep jabbing at a stationary target..
Lil-lightsout
Many heavies back in the day had physical advantages over Tyson(prime), but he knew how to nullify them and destroy them. Sure the Klits do know how to use there size advantages well, but it is also says how sad the lack of quality heavyweights out there to nullify them and beat them. I do give them a little credit, but lets be real with many of there recent shabby opponents over these last few years. Pretty pathetic, not that it is all their faults, but there honestly is very few to test them.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 30 2010, 11:41 PM) *
Yeah,it is an advantage if you use it right..The main thing I am trying to get out there is that there guys NEED to fucking parry their jab..Fuck size and fuck weight,if a guy has a great jab you need to parry it,not just let them double and triple it up like the heavyweights are doing..If you parry correct,it is IMPOSSIBLE to double or triple up..It doesn't matter if it is a bum or fuckin Joe Louis,if you parry correct,they need to reload..If I were fighting a Klitchko in a week,I would spend 50% of my time working on parrying jabs..I doubt the heavyweights fighting them are even working on stopping a jab 10% of the time..Slip a jab or parry it,these guys just catch it and allow them to keep jabbing at a stationary target..

Jonny mad respect for your knowledge but if you were facing the Klits next week you could spend 100% of the time working on your parrying and still get knocked the fuck out in 60 seconds. Fitz touched on it, it's not just theory it's the ability to put the theory into practice. For wont of a better word I will call that 'talent.' To me talent is the ability to execute in the ring. The same with any sport I guess. Most guys on this site know their stuff well enough in theory, but put us in a bout against a world class fighter how many of us could execute what we know?

It's why we end up posting on these boards rather than signing multi million dollar contracts with Golden Boy laugh.gif

"Everybody has a plan until they get hit."
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 31 2010, 12:05 AM) *
Many heavies back in the day had physical advantages over Tyson(prime), but he knew how to nullify them and destroy them. Sure the Klits do know how to use there size advantages well, but it is also says how sad the lack of quality heavyweights out there to nullify them and beat them. I do give them a little credit, but lets be real with many of there recent shabby opponents over these last few years. Pretty pathetic, not that it is all their faults, but there honestly is very few to test them.

Hey how long before that fuckin sig gets taken down?
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 31 2010, 12:25 AM) *
Jonny mad respect for your knowledge but if you were facing the Klits next week you could spend 100% of the time working on your parrying and still get knocked the fuck out in 60 seconds. Fitz touched on it, it's not just theory it's the ability to put the theory into practice. For wont of a better word I will call that 'talent.' To me talent is the ability to execute in the ring. The same with any sport I guess. Most guys on this site know their stuff well enough in theory, but put us in a bout against a world class fighter how many of us could execute what we know?

It's why we end up posting on these boards rather than signing multi million dollar contracts with Golden Boy laugh.gif

"Everybody has a plan until they get hit."

hahaha..You're right..It would be more like 100% of the time would be put on parrying..I wouldn't even think about getting in there with either Klitchko until I turned pro and had like 25-30 fights..hahahaha..I'm not stupid..Yet,with the parry,I would parry Klitchko's jab the same way I'd parry anyone's jab since I don't know any other way..It's like saying that now that you're in with a Klitchko or top ranked fighter,you're going to jab different or slip different than you were with a lesser fighter..Once you have the skill,it's there no matter who you're in with..Tension could play a factor, but it's not going to make you do something different,it will make you react slower and get tired faster..With the Klitchkos,I bet a lot of guys get real tense when they finally get in there with them but like I said,you're going to do what you have learned to do like jab a certain way,parry a certain way and all that..

Also,the knowledge I have is from doing the stuff I'm learning in training and of course watching a lot of fights..You all say I'm always talking about old school shit but that's because that's what I'm training to do and that's what I love..Theres a lot of lost art in boxing..
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 31 2010, 12:40 AM) *
hahaha..You're right..It would be more like 100% of the time would be put on parrying..I wouldn't even think about getting in there with either Klitchko until I turned pro and had like 25-30 fights..hahahaha..I'm not stupid..Yet,with the parry,I would parry Klitchko's jab the same way I'd parry anyone's jab since I don't know any other way..It's like saying that now that you're in with a Klitchko or top ranked fighter,you're going to jab different or slip different than you were with a lesser fighter..Once you have the skill,it's there no matter who you're in with..Tension could play a factor, but it's not going to make you do something different,it will make you react slower and get tired faster..With the Klitchkos,I bet a lot of guys get real tense when they finally get in there with them but like I said,you're going to do what you have learned to do like jab a certain way,parry a certain way and all that..

Also,the knowledge I have is from doing the stuff I'm learning in training and of course watching a lot of fights..You all say I'm always talking about old school shit but that's because that's what I'm training to do and that's what I love..Theres a lot of lost art in boxing..

I guess that's the point though isn't it? There are a lot of big guys walking around boxing gyms so what makes the Klits so special? I guess they throw quicker, with more accuracy, with more power and better technique.

It's like so many guys have a plan for Floyd's speed, yet when they get in the ring they often have the look on their faces of 'well I knew he was quick but now I'm actually in here with him I didn't know he was that quick.' In fact I saw that look on the face of a fighter not so long ago. A 1st ballot Hall of Famer no less laugh.gif
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 31 2010, 01:00 AM) *
I guess that's the point though isn't it? There are a lot of big guys walking around boxing gyms so what makes the Klits so special? I guess they throw quicker, with more accuracy, with more power and better technique.

It's like so many guys have a plan for Floyd's speed, yet when they get in the ring they often have the look on their faces of 'well I knew he was quick but now I'm actually in here with him I didn't know he was that quick.' In fact I saw that look on the face of a fighter not so long ago. A 1st ballot Hall of Famer no less laugh.gif

Very true man..I've never seen one person try to parry a Klitchko jab before though..Parry,not catch or hide behind their hands like Winky..The Klitchkos are special and are great fighters..A lot of people on here won't wanna admit that but I am a big fan of both of them..Shit,I'm one of their biggest defenders on here..All I'm sayin is parry the fuckin jab so we can see what else they have up their sleeve when the jab gets taken away or atleast most of them taken away..
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 31 2010, 01:10 AM) *
Very true man..I've never seen one person try to parry a Klitchko jab before though..Parry,not catch or hide behind their hands like Winky..The Klitchkos are special and are great fighters..A lot of people on here won't wanna admit that but I am a big fan of both of them..Shit,I'm one of their biggest defenders on here..All I'm sayin is parry the fuckin jab so we can see what else they have up their sleeve when the jab gets taken away or atleast most of them taken away..

Some big right hands would be my guess. Ha ha. Maybe guys are happy just getting hit with the jab. Less painful.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 31 2010, 01:19 AM) *
Some big right hands would be my guess. Ha ha. Maybe guys are happy just getting hit with the jab. Less painful.

Hahaha..Yet,after getting hit with so many lefts,the Klitchkos got guys beggin for the right to end the suffering..You're right though,the Klitchkos both used to be bombs away(especially Wlad) before they realized dominating with the jab is a lot easier and safer..Wear a guy down with the jab,then finish them..Smart boxing..
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 30 2010, 09:50 PM) *
I hate when people keep sayin this..Size and height have nothing to do with it..Guys just don't know how to close the gap when it's not a hard thing to do..Parry his jab and slide to the left and towards him at the same time..Thats a basic move I've learned and is extremely effective..Or a guy should start moving to the right while jabbing and see how the Klitchkos respond to that..Also,guys need to feint the Klitchkos and work off of them based on how they respond..I've said it SOOOO MANY times,to beat the Klitchkos,you need to know how to parry a jab..Not catch it like a sissy in the ass,but parry it and then work..Slide forward and slip at the same time when they jab,then throw an overhand over his jab..There are so many things that can be done but the heavyweights today lack skill BESIDES the Klitchkos..That's why they are on top and gonna stay on top..Sure,a lucky punch could win a fight but why go into a fight thinking you're going to land it..It needs to be set up..

who ever beats vitali is gonna have to do more than parry a jab blaze... he's gonna have to have the fire power and the size to make the bog boy respect them.... and i have to disagree there size and height have a lot to do with their success same as valuevs opponents have said his height is what him so akward to fight... the guys they have faced have looked a whole weight limit below them... not their fault, it is what it is... whats a fighter gonna do once he parrys the jab but dont have the fire power to keep the big boy off him?... hes gonna find himself in trouble...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 31 2010, 01:30 AM) *
Hahaha..Yet,after getting hit with so many lefts,the Klitchkos got guys beggin for the right to end the suffering..You're right though,the Klitchkos both used to be bombs away(especially Wlad) before they realized dominating with the jab is a lot easier and safer..Wear a guy down with the jab,then finish them..Smart boxing..

That's my point. How much do you think guys really want to find out what's behind door number one?

That's why I'd like to se them fight Toney. Now I don't think James could win but I think at least he's brave enough to find out what lies behind the jab.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ May 31 2010, 01:25 AM) *
Hey how long before that fuckin sig gets taken down?

Less than one day!!! Hopefully some mod or CEO can get on that ASAP, let's not keep it on longer than it needs to be.

Oh... appreciate you just skipping my comment and instead asking about my damn sig. laugh.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ May 31 2010, 02:22 AM) *
Less than one day!!! Hopefully some mod or CEO can get on that ASAP, let's not keep it on longer than it needs to be.

Oh... appreciate you just skipping my comment and instead asking about my damn sig. laugh.gif

Sorry what was your comment again? Problem is LightsOut if there are other people around it doesn't do my cred much good to spend time lingering over your posts laugh.gif

Come tomorrow I will be able to give them the proper respect they deserve.
SENTRAL
Size matters and in the case of these two brothers it will take much more than parrying a jab to topple them.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ May 31 2010, 01:38 AM) *
who ever beats vitali is gonna have to do more than parry a jab blaze... he's gonna have to have the fire power and the size to make the bog boy respect them.... and i have to disagree there size and height have a lot to do with their success same as valuevs opponents have said his height is what him so akward to fight... the guys they have faced have looked a whole weight limit below them... not their fault, it is what it is... whats a fighter gonna do once he parrys the jab but dont have the fire power to keep the big boy off him?... hes gonna find himself in trouble...

Definitely..Yet,if you can't parry a jab,you're pretty much fucked from the beginning when fighting a Klitchko..That's the very first step a boxer needs to make in beating a Klitchko..If you don't do that,you're going to get softened up with a lot of jabs,then taken out..

Tyson,Joe Louis,Frazier, and Dempsey are a few guys at heavyweight who have either had to deal with height their whole career like Frazier and Tyson or have fought guys 6'7 and KO'd em effectively..Louis could fight any sized guy and whoop em..He had different movement and tricks depending on the height of a guy..If you don't have the movement or tricks,you let the other guys advantages of height/weight or whatever play a factor..Louis vs Carnera or B. Baer are 2 huge guys he fought and he had no problem dealing with the height.

Watch Robinson vs. LaMotta then Robinson vs. Maxim and see how different he fought both guys and put it on both..Maxim was taller and LaMotta made him self a lot shorter than he was..

Yeah,the guys I named all had power but speed can make a guy respect you too,which is why guys like Mosley jump like a jack rabbit infront of Mayweather especting him to throw at any second..
ROLL DEEP
The only trouble with parrying the jab (and I'm assuming you mean pushing it to the side) is that Vitali throws a hook off his jab superbly and parrying the jab leaves people open to that.

I know you're only supposed to touch the jab to move the jab past you, but when you're getting that ram rod jab slammed in your face, you begin to be a little more desperate and wild with your technique as you try to keep that jab from landing....which opens up for the left hook after. Vitali fires that left jab, left hook off the jab followed by a BIG right well.

That happens a few times and it's easier for them to catch or just cover up.

I'm a big fan of the Klitschko brothers too. They're leaps and bounds in front of any other fighter right now and I think they would've been good competition for most era's.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ May 31 2010, 04:41 AM) *
Definitely..Yet,if you can't parry a jab,you're pretty much fucked from the beginning when fighting a Klitchko..That's the very first step a boxer needs to make in beating a Klitchko..If you don't do that,you're going to get softened up with a lot of jabs,then taken out..

Tyson,Joe Louis,Frazier, and Dempsey are a few guys at heavyweight who have either had to deal with height their whole career like Frazier and Tyson or have fought guys 6'7 and KO'd em effectively..Louis could fight any sized guy and whoop em..He had different movement and tricks depending on the height of a guy..If you don't have the movement or tricks,you let the other guys advantages of height/weight or whatever play a factor..Louis vs Carnera or B. Baer are 2 huge guys he fought and he had no problem dealing with the height.

Watch Robinson vs. LaMotta then Robinson vs. Maxim and see how different he fought both guys and put it on both..Maxim was taller and LaMotta made him self a lot shorter than he was..

Yeah,the guys I named all had power but speed can make a guy respect you too,which is why guys like Mosley jump like a jack rabbit infront of Mayweather especting him to throw at any second..

I think it would be fair to say that a smaller guy with great technique could beat the Klits but he would also have to be a special kind of fighter as well yeah? Simply having technique alone is not going to cut it. You're gonna need some 'x factor' tools to go with it.

You've given some good examples of smaller guys beating bigger guys but the dudes you've mentioned are all HoF fighters!!

Ordinarily a good big man beats a good little man. Does he beat a great little man? Hmmmm maybe not but I don't see any great smaller HW's around these days.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ May 31 2010, 04:28 AM) *
Size matters and in the case of these two brothers it will take much more than parrying a jab to topple them.

As nice as they are, those tits are starting to affect my concentration. Would you mind changing the picture Hank? Between that and LightsOut's sig I don't know where to look.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.