Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Preview/Poll: Foreman vs. Cotto: Who Wins and Why?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Who wins and why?

Jack

Administrator
Jack 1000
Foreman by SD!

I think Cotto's best days are behind him and he has never recovered from Margacheato's plaster. Yuri doesn't do a lot of great things as a fighter, but he seems to be improving each time out and with Cotto on the downside, this may be Foreman's turn to shine. As long as Foreman gets through say those first 4-5 rounds where Cotto could be like the old Cotto I think he could win this.

Jack
kidbazooka1
Movers with no power never troubled Cotto. Foreman is just a bigger version of Paulie he won't have the fire power to keep Cotto off if him. As long as Cotto isn't completley done i see him takeing a close but well deserved decision.
Box in Hand
This is a sad vote for Foreman. Cotto is shot and will retire after this loss. His best days were taken from him by a cheating fuck named Antonio Margarito.
SENTRAL
I've gone for Cotto by 10 rounds TKO and my reason is I don't believe Foreman has anything in his locker to keep him at bay.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jun 1 2010, 12:45 AM) *
This is a sad vote for Foreman. Cotto is shot and will retire after this loss. His best days were taken from him by a cheating fuck named Antonio Margarito.

I agree. Its a heavy hearted prediction that Foreman will take a close points win. I also agree with you Jack that in the beginning Cotto may look good, a little flashy like he used to, but I think he will fade badly from around 8 or 9 and allow himself to get tagged relentlesly.

This will be a fight whose only consequence will be to further my vicious hatred for Antonio Margarito and Bob Arum
jonatron87
I have a feeling Cotto will win, LOL I have no valid reason just a gut feeling, we will see how Manny factors in.
salvador
If Arum thought so highly of Foreman he would have put him in with a serious opponent by now in order to build this fight up with Cotto. Foreman has 8 kos in 28 fights and has never fought any top guys. Cotto is a star and Arum isn't done making money off him yet. Cotto-Marg 2, Cotto-Angulo, and maybe even Cotto-DLH are bigger paychecks that Arum decided to pass on in order to make this fight. Cotto will look great here in what will be a badly needed tune up before another PPV.

salvador
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 1 2010, 08:59 PM) *
The latest Israeli international incident could play into the decision if it is relatively close.

What does that mean? Would Israel's attack/killing of those unarmed Palestinians be a positive or a negative for Foreman in NY?

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Jun 1 2010, 11:33 AM) *
I've gone for Cotto by 10 rounds TKO and my reason is I don't believe Foreman has anything in his locker to keep him at bay.

Co-sign. The only question I have is regarding Cotto's stamina. Cotto is a guy that likes to take little rests in the middle of rounds. Engage, step back and rest up for a little, engage again.

Against pressure fighters this doesn't work so well and he fades, but like you've stated above I'm not sure Foreman has enough pop to keep Cotto at bay nor do I see him as a pressure fighter in the mold of Marg and Pac. Overall just an average champ.

I'll take Cotto by late TKO as well.

mbills
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jun 1 2010, 11:21 PM) *
Co-sign. The only question I have is regarding Cotto's stamina. Cotto is a guy that likes to take little rests in the middle of rounds. Engage, step back and rest up for a little, engage again.

Against pressure fighters this doesn't work so well and he fades, but like you've stated above I'm not sure Foreman has enough pop to keep Cotto at bay nor do I see him as a pressure fighter in the mold of Marg and Pac. Overall just an average champ.

I'll take Cotto by late TKO as well.

Agreed.. added to which Steward isn't known as a great conditioning trainer.
tottenham19
Cotto by close decision!
Lil-lightsout
Cotto in dominant fashion, he is back!!! The extra weight will help, so he can more focus on training and less on losing weight. No doubt he wins this fight.

Also take this damn sig down already!!!!!!!!!!! It's over a month now!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!
salvador
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 1 2010, 09:59 PM) *
Negative in the fight. Positive with the huge Jewish population.

Off the top of my head I would assume that if there are any corrupt judges that they'll be voting for Cotto because he's the money guy going forward. I would also assume that if Foreman is going to attract as many Jews in NY for this fight as Arum seems to believe that Foreman's fan base at the fight will be that much more united and vocal and charged up.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jun 2 2010, 04:19 AM) *
Cotto in dominant fashion, he is back!!! The extra weight will help, so he can more focus on training and less on losing weight. No doubt he wins this fight.

Also take this damn sig down already!!!!!!!!!!! It's over a month now!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!

wanna do another sig bet lights out?... i got foreman this weekend... ud..
JLUVBABY
just watched the presser online for the foreman vs cotto fight thanks to my partna caneman... and i have to say this... if what i thik happens happens, and thats a resounding win for foreman... shame on arum for misguiding a career that could have been very special in cotto and not having his back when he needed it... something tells me the cotto train comes to a screeching hault saturday night in a division he shouldnt even be a part of... we shall see tho...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 2 2010, 12:10 PM) *
wanna do another sig bet lights out?... i got foreman this weekend... ud..

Hmmmmm... maybe? Give me a day or two to think about it. I am in therapy now from that damn sig you gave me, and I am making progress, I sure would hate to lose again. That would put me over the edge and I just don't know if I would ever be the same. Right now it's 75% for another sig bet, and 30% duck. See... I am still not all there, I can not even do simple math skills anymore.
Imperius3
I've only seen one fight with Foreman and that was his last one against Santos. He's good, but he didn't blow me away or anything. I certainly didn't think he was in Cotto's league. I think Cotto has enough left to win a close decision. I know this is his first fight at 154, but I also think the extra weight will help him. I agree that Foreman can't hurt Cotto or keep him off.

Cotto by close decision.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jun 2 2010, 05:58 PM) *
Hmmmmm... maybe? Give me a day or two to think about it. I am in therapy now from that damn sig you gave me, and I am making progress, I sure would hate to lose again. That would put me over the edge and I just don't know if I would ever be the same. Right now it's 75% for another sig bet, and 30% duck. See... I am still not all there, I can not even do simple math skills anymore.

come on lightsout... i know you want some payback.... and just so you know i already have your new sig picked out... lol...
King Eugene
Either the weight will help or hurt Cotto. Not having to suck down to 147 could be beneficial giving him more energy or the extra weight could be more damaging during the later rounds when he tires cause he is going to tire. He'll win this one but wont last long in this division.

Cotto by close UD.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jun 2 2010, 05:58 PM) *

You doing another sig bet??LL,you should be banned from sig betting..You losing the last sig bet has put all of us in therapy as well..You're too much of a risk for the rest of us..Don't do it..You'll lose again and put us in agony again..With that sig down,this is how I now feel..

PR316
Nothing really impresses me about Foreman. He's ok. A good decent boxer, nothing more. He has no power and its doubtful he can just stay away from Cotto for 12 rounds.

Cotto via UD.
d843
QUOTE (PR316 @ Jun 2 2010, 10:06 PM) *
Nothing really impresses me about Foreman. He's ok. A good decent boxer, nothing more. He has no power and its doubtful he can just stay away from Cotto for 12 rounds.

Cotto via UD.
I agree with everything you stated except with the way it ends.I got the BLOOD WARRIOR by late round stopage or even ko!
Fitz
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Jun 3 2010, 06:48 PM) *
I feel Roach would have been better suited preparing Cotto's style for someone like Foreman).

I have seen a few people write this. Maybe, maybe not. Though one things for sure, that Cotto isn't fighting Foreman for the rest of his career, so to me it doesn't really matter and he shouldn't choose a trainer for a fight by fight basis. Just ask Hopkins (Calzaghe), Hatton (Mayweather) and Oscar (Mayweather) how it worked out for them having a trainer for one fight.
I prefer someone that will suit Cotto in the long run and not on a fight by fight basis. On what I have seen, Roach is the better trainer but I think Steward is better for Cotto overall.
Fitz
QUOTE (ViperSniper @ Jun 3 2010, 07:40 PM) *
Cotto is approaching the end of his career anyways, as he has stated he wants to retire this year squeezing in 2 more fights by October. I see where your getting at with trainers as it's risky, but it has also worked for Mosley (Wright II & Margarito) & Hopkins (Pavlik). Adding on extra weight I think Cotto would be better off continuing coming forward trying to use his strength apposed to trying to box with a boxer at a heavier weight. Stewart is a great move and a WAYY better improvement from his last novice trainer but I guess I'm being picky when I say Roach would have been better suited for Cotto in these circumstances.

Hopkins went back to his old trainer in Richardson, lol. He used Roach for Calzaghe.
JLUVBABY
LilLightsout... times running low... you in or out homie?.... dont let me get on you tomorrow evening telling you you could have got some payback... lol...
1zz
Cotto by TKO,Yuri is WAAAAY overated!
neophyte7
Foreman beats him in the same fashion Amir Khan beat Paulie Malignaggi... I may be wrong, but Cotto has taken too many shots to the head
Keith
Foreman by wide UD. He makes Cotto look small and slow the first half of the fight and opens up cuts on Cotto's face.... by about the 9th rd most pure boxing fans will want to see the fight stopped because it will hurt too much to see Cotto in such bad shape... and I wouldnt be at all surprised to see Manny stop it.
Fitz
Should be a tough fight, either guy can win it and I am not confident in either pick, but I put some money on Foreman by decision, the odds were way too attractive.
streetlion1
I have Cotto winning by a close decision...I think people underestimate Cottos speed and overall boxing ability. His 2 losses were to a couple of cheaters....I think Cotto backs Yuri up with hard body shots all night long. 116-112 Cotto
JD
10 votes a piece.

I got Foreman by close decision.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Jun 5 2010, 04:24 AM) *
I have Cotto winning by a close decision...I think people underestimate Cottos speed and overall boxing ability. His 2 losses were to a couple of cheaters....I think Cotto backs Yuri up with hard body shots all night long. 116-112 Cotto

those 2 cheats took a lot out of him tho lion... we'll know tonight... i just dont see it..
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 5 2010, 01:35 PM) *
those 2 cheats took a lot out of him tho lion... we'll know tonight... i just dont see it..

Yeah, tonight is a tough one. Both fighters are first rate people, IMO. Cotto's story has turned into a tragedy. It is tough not to pull for Cotto but Foreman should be able to outbox him at this point.
kidbazooka1
Wow im suprised at how many people here are going with Foreman. As long Cotto isn't completley done and i don't think he is i don't see Yuri beating him.

And for the sake of the sport i hope Cotto runs through his ass because boxing doesn't need another Malinggagi.
lloyd mayflower
I voted that Foreman would win this but the closer it gets the more i'm pulling for Cotto. I hope he does it by KO, both to get his career back on track, and as a big FUCK YOU to the Israelis, planets biggest terrorists.
neophyte7
mayflower U speak truth about the Zionists.. what pisses me off more is this so called "Black" deceptacon president upholding the same Zionist initiatives that Bush did... but still Foreman is respectable and humble... I think he beats up Cotto decisively tonight we will see soon.
neophyte7
Wrong on this but Yuri hits like a featherweight... Cotto looks better under emmanuel Good fight for the fans. Mercante told motherfuckers to get out of the ring LMAO I loved that
Fitz
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 6 2010, 02:27 PM) *
Wrong on this but Yuri hits like a featherweight... Cotto looks better under emmanuel Good fight for the fans. Mercante told motherfuckers to get out of the ring LMAO I loved that

Yep, I agree. I thought Steward would be beneficial for Cotto and possibly the best option out there for him, and Cotto looked good. That's what he needs to do, just box. He had the tools to beat Margarito and Foreman and he was when he opted to box. The problem with him was discipline, and his willingness to trade and not know when to box and tie up. He got beat when he fought, but was successful when he boxed. Steward will help him in the boxing department and it showed tonight.
neophyte7
Yuri Foreman would be better suited at welterweight. He has some nice tools. Good jab (needs to jab, jab, jab due to a lack of power) and he a good quick right... Needs to correct that Knee problem and realize that he may need to leave that RABBI shit alone... if he wants a successful boxing career. His first loss was not bad... he showed major guts. THAT FAGGOT KERMIT CINTRON SHOULD TAKE NOTES...

I am always skeptical of boxers who wear knee braces. If his knee was solid I think we would have had great great fight down the stretch!!!
Snoop
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 6 2010, 11:05 AM) *
Yuri Foreman would be better suited at welterweight. He has some nice tools. Good jab (needs to jab, jab, jab due to a lack of power) and he a good quick right... Needs to correct that Knee problem and realize that he may need to leave that RABBI shit alone... if he wants a successful boxing career. His first loss was not bad... he showed major guts. THAT FAGGOT KERMIT CINTRON SHOULD TAKE NOTES...

I am always skeptical of boxers who wear knee braces. If his knee was solid I think we would have had great great fight down the stretch!!!

Him and Victor Ortiz.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.