FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
KookedKrack
Pt. 1 Insightful stuff here.

Pt 2. Speaks on Bernard Hopkins

ROME
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Jun 2 2010, 09:10 PM) *
Pt. 1 Insightful stuff here.

Pt 2. Speaks on Bernard Hopkins

Agreed. Sounds like he's incorporating some of his Karate knowledge in there as well. Oddly enough, he appears bigger and taller than Kimbo. I didn't realize he was of that stature.
King Eugene
QUOTE (ROME @ Jun 2 2010, 11:48 PM) *
Agreed. Sounds like he's incorporating some of his Karate knowledge in there as well. Oddly enough, he appears bigger and taller than Kimbo. I didn't realize he was of that stature.

This cat is huge. You see him Why Did I Get Married?
JonnyBlaze
Good stuff..Yet,he moves his head when he throws the jab..He leans in when he punches or moves in..You gotta stay back and not move your body..He is talking about all that which makes me wonder why he is moving his body the way he does and allows his opponent to use that to their advantage if they notice it..He is right about going straight out with the punch..It makes the punches so much harder to see..Also,by not putting your elbow out and or picking it up to punch,makes it so much harder to see..When you pick it up which turns your hand over,you make yourself a lot more exposed for counterpunches..It's all about being completely straight..

Good post.. thumbsup_anim.gif
JLUVBABY
seems like jai white in his own little way is telling kimbo even i can kick your ass... lol... i feel for kimbo tho... i think he was expected to be this next big thing because of the bums he was beating on youtube... fact is he was always pretty humble that i know of and never claimed to be the shit... he always said he needed a lot of work... he was moved to fast for money reasons..
Spyder
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 3 2010, 08:42 AM) *
seems like jai white in his own little way is telling kimbo even i can kick your ass... lol... i feel for kimbo tho... i think he was expected to be this next big thing because of the bums he was beating on youtube... fact is he was always pretty humble that i know of and never claimed to be the shit... he always said he needed a lot of work... he was moved to fast for money reasons..

Money and age...Kimbo ain't no spring chicken.

The first time I ever saw MJW was when he played Tyson in that HBO flick. He moved so much like Mike that it was scary!
neophyte7
watch UNDISPUTED II... JAI WHITE IS TREMENDOUS... this is one of the greatest action fight movies I have ever seen.

the straight punch mastery of hopkins was taught to him by BOUIE FISHER.. I REMEMBER AGAINST TITO IN BETWEEN ROUNDS BOUIE WOULD SAY IN A MANTRA TYPE FASHION: STRAIGHT SHOTS--- NEVER MIND THE BIG SHOTS... STRAIGHT AND QUICK

THE straight quick PUNCH THAT DROPPED CALZAGHE IS ONE OF THE BEST EXECUTED straight rights ever thrown... Classic

JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 4 2010, 06:25 PM) *
watch UNDISPUTED II... JAI WHITE IS TREMENDOUS... this is one of the greatest action fight movies I have ever seen.

the straight punch mastery of hopkins was taught to him by BOUIE FISHER.. I REMEMBER AGAINST TITO IN BETWEEN ROUNDS BOUIE WOULD SAY IN A MANTRA TYPE FASHION: STRAIGHT SHOTS--- NEVER MIND THE BIG SHOTS... STRAIGHT AND QUICK

THE straight quick PUNCH THAT DROPPED CALZAGHE IS ONE OF THE BEST EXECUTED straight rights ever thrown... Classic

I liked Undisputed 1 more..
Snoop
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jun 5 2010, 01:23 AM) *
I liked Undisputed 1 more..

The one with Wesley right? That one was dope.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Snoop @ Jun 4 2010, 08:27 PM) *
The one with Wesley right? That one was dope.

Wesley and Ving Rhames..
Fitz
I never bothered watching undisputed, it looks like a cheesy B grade movie, that went straight to DVD. Low budget fighting movies never turn out great, unless they were in the 80's when bad movies were so bad that they were good and that was acceptable back then, lol.
I think one of my brothers friends (if your reading it, was it Nick?) that liked this movie, and he has a terrible taste in movies, so it pretty much confirmed it to me to not bother watching it.
By the way, I just went on IMBD, it has a rating of like 5.8/10. Anyone other than Jonny and that neo guy think it's actually good?
neophyte7
I thought two was better and I just got done watching III ---who gives a fuck about ratings... I guarantee if you like fighting the fight scenes are tremendous. not saying it was an oscar worthy movie... One of the great scenes was in the Russian prison and the Russian champion is speaking on the art of fighting and on the wall are great fighters painted on among them was ALI on the wall amongst other martial artists like Bruce Lee... I guarantee you the 80's aint got shit on the fight scenes in this one... I have seen I. II, and III anyone else?

for some one not to watch these films because it was a DVD and the assumption that it was low grade is silly... and by the way the fight scenes in III are dope as well.

REGARDING RATINGS: perception is subjective
Fitz
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 5 2010, 03:28 PM) *
I thought two was better and I just got done watching III ---who gives a fuck about ratings... I guarantee if you like fighting the fight scenes are tremendous. not saying it was an oscar worthy movie... One of the great scenes was in the Russian prison and the Russian champion is speaking on the art of fighting and on the wall are great fighters painted on among them was ALI on the wall amongst other martial artists like Bruce Lee... I guarantee you the 80's aint got shit on the fight scenes in this one... I have seen I. II, and III anyone else?

for some one not to watch these films because it was a DVD and the assumption that it was low grade is silly... and by the way the fight scenes in III are dope as well.

REGARDING RATINGS: perception is subjective

Yeah that average rating of 5.8 came from 6,386 people voting. I don't care what those 6,386 people say, if neophyte from fighthype says it's good, that's good enough for me. I should just give it a shot.

That part sounds really good.
neophyte7
Again... I smell the sarcasm in your post... smells like rank adult urine... since you want to get into quantification who the fuck were these people surveyed... many of them could be people that don't like fighting and judge the movie in comparison to shit like WEST SIDE STORY, TITANIC ... and by the way... I am from New York.. the capital of BOOTLEG VIDEOS.. I ONLY PAID five dollars for it. Do they bootleg in Australia? LMAO-- I will send you a copy from the African bootleggers... LMAO
Fitz
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 5 2010, 10:25 PM) *
Again... I smell the sarcasm in your post... smells like rank adult urine... since you want to get into quantification who the fuck were these people surveyed... many of them could be people that don't like fighting and judge the movie in comparison to shit like WEST SIDE STORY, TITANIC ... and by the way... I am from New York.. the capital of BOOTLEG VIDEOS.. I ONLY PAID five dollars for it. Do they bootleg in Australia? LMAO-- I will send you a copy from the African bootleggers... LMAO

Yeah, there was a bit of sarcasm in my post. Sorry about that, wasn't really necessary, as your first reply to me was very civil, so I apologise. Sometimes I can't help being a little bit of a jerk, lol.
But yeah when I was asking, I already knew you and blaze liked it, and I said earlier that one of my brothers friends liked it, and he is known for liking pretty bad movies. Then I went to IMDB, and there ratings didn't look good either, and to be honest even without those rating, I wasn't convinced by it anyways. So I was seeing if anybody else other than you and Jonny had any input on it. But yeah, it does sound like a bad movie.
Also I don't think it matters a great deal on whether people like fighting movies or not. I know I like fighting, though it doesn't mean I like all fighting movies. I think most people can tell whether a movie is quality or not even if it isn't their type. Though that said, I would say a good portion of them would have liked fighting movies that voted. They watched a Wesley Snipes boxing movie that went straight to DVD, I don't think much else would have appealed to them, as reviews definitely wouldn't have been the motivating factor for them to go see it.

Fitz
Also, props for picking up the sarcasm. Lately, sarcasm has been flying over some peoples head.Just ask JD, he will know about it (he has had to spell it out for people several times recently), so good on you for picking it up.

laugh.gif
neophyte7
FITZ... IF YOU GET THE MOVIE UNDISPUTEd II ... if you watch that movie and honestly rank the movie as poor I will stay off of these boards for one month... that is how confident I am in this flick and MICHAEL JAI WHITE's performance...
JD
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 5 2010, 09:07 AM) *
Also, props for picking up the sarcasm. Lately, sarcasm has been flying over some peoples head.Just ask JD, he will know about it (he has had to spell it out for people several times recently), so good on you for picking it up.

laugh.gif

LOL...it's brutal, man.

It's not even like the sarcasm is that disguised either.
neophyte7
You have to know what sarcasm is to pick it up... LMAO happy.gif happy.gif
JD
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 5 2010, 11:28 AM) *

True true.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 5 2010, 10:28 AM) *

That's not true.

A decent boxer, with a good training camp, could pick up a shitload of sarcasm, even if he didn't know what it was.
JD
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 5 2010, 11:40 AM) *
That's not true.

A decent boxer, with a good training camp, could pick up a shitload of sarcasm, even if he didn't know what it was.

And in turn, use it to easily beat the Klitschkos.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JD @ Jun 5 2010, 10:53 AM) *
And in turn, use it to easily beat the Klitschkos.

Speaking of dudes that are sarcasm challenged.
JD
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 5 2010, 12:22 PM) *
Speaking of dudes that are sarcasm challenged.

The Klitchkos?

Yeah...they don't seem like they are to in tune with sarcasm. But at least they have their courage and the pants together.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JD @ Jun 5 2010, 11:49 AM) *
The Klitchkos?

Yeah...they don't seem like they are to in tune with sarcasm. But at least they have their courage and the pants together.

Indeed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.