Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yuri Foreman didnt win but he got my respect
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Hittman25
yuri foreman didnt win but he got my respect by going out there and banging with miguel cotto who has really found some life at 154.......if cotto doesnt fight margrito next i hate cotto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
neophyte7
Cotto should fight martinez at 154... Margaritio should be made to win atleast two bouts without cement in his gloves before anyone fights his cheating ass... I also think Cotto Shane at 154 would be interesting. I saw Pac at the bout with that big as steroid head. Seriously... In watching clips of Pac against cotto... Pac looks physically juiced up... A guy who was once rattled by Morales Marquez and Barrera punches now walks through shots like he is a juggernaut? Something is fishy about Pacquiao... I would love to see pac try to fight Martinez since he and Floyd are on some bullshit... Instead of looking at Cotto and entertaining Foreman. How many guys is Pac going to fight that have come of big losses? hatton, Cotto, Clottey? even his fight selection is suspect. I mean why would he be looking at Cotto?

Yuri Foreman should get his knee fixed and move down to welter... he would be more effective. he has good tools. He needs some good corner work and he should make a decision.. Boxing or Barmitzva... he may need to leave the Rabbi shit alone if he is serious about championship fighting.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Hittman25 @ Jun 6 2010, 09:40 AM) *
yuri foreman didnt win but he got my respect by going out there and banging with miguel cotto who has really found some life at 154.......if cotto doesnt fight margrito next i hate cotto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know there are a LOT of ridiculous statements fly about on this website, but that is top 3 in my fighthype career. You have literally blown me away with that one
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Hittman25 @ Jun 6 2010, 04:40 AM) *

Fuck Margarito. Dude should be a janitor of a prison.
Snoop
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 6 2010, 02:29 PM) *
I know there are a LOT of ridiculous statements fly about on this website, but that is top 3 in my fighthype career. You have literally blown me away with that one

Agreed. WTF is wrong with this dude?
D-MARV
I'm really feeling Cotto-Angulo right now...
Romulus9
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jun 6 2010, 01:29 PM) *
I'm really feeling Cotto-Angulo right now...

Good call.
D-MARV
That would be an entertaining beatdown.
tottenham19
Great showing from both fighters.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jun 6 2010, 08:29 AM) *

i wasnt gonna say nothing but i have to agree you lloyd on several grounds... first and foremost margarito doesnt deserve a shot at cotto... smarty said it best he should be a janitor in a prison... number 2 cotto deserves a break... he has been matched tougher than any other fighter i can think of in recent memory.... 3 if margacheato does fight id like to see him loaded up against pac in an all out who can out cheat who 12 round main event... but seriously i picked foreman cuzz i figured cotto to be just totally shot and judging off last night im still not sure how far back he is... foreman couldnt hurt him so for me i need to see in there with a guy with more respectabale power... with that said, my pick was foreman cuzz i thought cotto was fully shot, but my heart was with cotto... i just dont think we'll ever see him on the level he was in the past before the marg fight....
PR316
Margarito doesn't deserve anything. His cheating ass should doesn't deserve any title shot or anything. Fuk him.

Don't think Cotto can beat either Martinez or Williams, but he would give him some good fights against Angulo and Cintron. Maybe a rematch with Mosley at 154. Doubt Pacquiao comes up in weight.
neophyte7
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 6 2010, 06:02 PM) *
i wasnt gonna say nothing but i have to agree you lloyd on several grounds... first and foremost margarito doesnt deserve a shot at cotto... smarty said it best he should be a janitor in a prison... number 2 cotto deserves a break... he has been matched tougher than any other fighter i can think of in recent memory.... 3 if margacheato does fight id like to see him loaded up against pac in an all out who can out cheat who 12 round main event... but seriously i picked foreman cuzz i figured cotto to be just totally shot and judging off last night im still not sure how far back he is... foreman couldnt hurt him so for me i need to see in there with a guy with more respectabale power... with that said, my pick was foreman cuzz i thought cotto was fully shot, but my heart was with cotto... i just dont think we'll ever see him on the level he was in the past before the marg fight....

A Janitor in prison... LMFAO... make him eat shit as well.... LMAO
Col Reb
Pac should have fought Foreman while he was undefeated. That would have been easy work, and it would have netted him a 154 lb belt in a marketable fight. Too bad Freddie didn't want to make that fight; they gave Foreman too much respect.
jlupi
what about mercante.

He's bad
Hittman25
who the fuck is fitz? i dont care about anyones respect i just throw out a subject and how im feeling at the time and see how people react.....and this is funny because it seems like everyone hates margrito.........

im just sayin if i was a boxer and some one handed me my first lost and now there is talk of cheating about this person i would wanna whoop some ass.....Thats why martinez wants to fight margrito he wants to avenge his loss why duznt cotto is he scared?.......

i was really drunk when i made this thread too so dont hate the playa hate the game
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Yea, it's a fairly ridiculous statement to say you hate cotto if he doesn't face margarito next. However, I would love to see this fight happen. It seems according to HBO and many others, the only reason Margarito beat Cotto was because he had loaded wraps. Even though, there is no true evidence he had loaded wraps against Cotto and many have come out and said he was clean for that fight. Well, if that's the reason, why not fight him again? I mean if he's powerless without loaded wraps, that jab and movement should be too much for Margarito right? I've already gone into detail in another thread about Margarito's wraps, so we don't have to do that again. However, if all the things some fans are saying are true, why isn't Margarito an easy fight for Cotto? I think Margarito-Cotto 2 is the fight that makes sense, and will answer a lot of questions regarding both their careers. Even though I firmly believe Margarito didn't have loaded wraps against Cotto, this is the fight that could truly prove it. Cotto showed he still has some of the same skills he did two years ago. Margarito walks through Cotto again, stops him late, and cuts him up even worse this time.
thehype
QUOTE (Col Reb @ Jun 6 2010, 10:58 PM) *
Pac should have fought Foreman while he was undefeated. That would have been easy work, and it would have netted him a 154 lb belt in a marketable fight. Too bad Freddie didn't want to make that fight; they gave Foreman too much respect.

Agreed. They gave Foreman's STYLE way too much respect...which is why I keep saying over and over and OVER again, "Don't be surprised if Floyd beats Pacquiao even EASIER than he beat Mosley."

laugh.gif
thehype
QUOTE (jlupi @ Jun 7 2010, 09:44 AM) *
what about mercante.

He's bad

No shit.

"I don't want to see you lose your belt like that champ."

WTF?

Foreman should have said, "How the fuck do you want me to lose it fool? My fuckin knee is SHOT! Are you trying to get me knocked the fuck out?"

laugh.gif

Can you imagine if Mercante was reffing Mike Tyson vs. Danny Williams and he walked over to Mike and tried to pull that shit?

Tyson would have got up and knocked Mercante the fuck out...and then bit his ear off.

laugh.gif
Hittman25
yuri wanted to fight tho bum knee and all so why not let him fight its his belt his fight why not let him go out on his own terms...
jlupi
yuri wanted to fight tho bum knee and all so why not let him fight its his belt his fight why not let him go out on his own terms..>>>>

the dude was done, If he had any asset it was mobility which was gone. His corner threw in the towel. Mercante used a rule that is designed to keep funny business out of a fight stoppage to overrule the corner.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more_spo...en_stopped.html

and whats w mercante talking like he's a 1920's ny tough guy? he grew up in friggen garden city long island. not exactly the getto
JD
Foreman is going to have knee surgery. Torn meniscus and stretched out ligaments.
D-MARV
I don't blame Mercante for shit.
Hittman25
this is why cotto needs to fight margrito becuase if this shit was said about me i would be fighting whoever said it....

"I don't think Cotto wants to fight me again." Margarito told this reporter. "Cotto was not only affected physically, he was also psychologically battered. I've been told that whenever my name is mentioned to him, his face drops.

We crossed paths in Dallas and he was afraid to face me, he would always turn away or walk towards another direction. Who knows, maybe with Emanuel, he might get the courage to fight me again."
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Hittman25 @ Jun 7 2010, 10:29 PM) *
this is why cotto needs to fight margrito becuase if this shit was said about me i would be fighting whoever said it....

"I don't think Cotto wants to fight me again." Margarito told this reporter. "Cotto was not only affected physically, he was also psychologically battered. I've been told that whenever my name is mentioned to him, his face drops.

We crossed paths in Dallas and he was afraid to face me, he would always turn away or walk towards another direction. Who knows, maybe with Emanuel, he might get the courage to fight me again."

hit man... boxing is a business... just because margarito makes a statement like that doesnt make for an instant fight... if this where wwe maybe but the fight has to make all the sense in the world... and from cottos stand point i cantsay i blame him for not wanting to help margarito pocket a few extra million. it very well could be margarito cheated in that fight... rather he did or didnt the fight cut cottos prime short... cotto left a lot of fight in that ring that night... if he cheated, and chances are good that he did in that fight, id tell him to fuck off and go make your money else where too.. we'll never know but perception is everything...
Hittman25
i can see how cotto duznt want to fight margrito because he duznt wanna give him money but fuck that wen ricky hatton talked shit about maywheather....maywheather made the fight soo fuck all that shit about boxing is a bussiness because it was a sport first so cotto margrito 2 makes sense for the pride of cotto and for margrito to prove he beat cotto not some plastered hands....i dont like margrtio but thats how it is
Hittman25
i can see how cotto duznt want to fight margrito because he duznt wanna give him money but fuck that wen ricky hatton talked shit about maywheather....maywheather made the fight soo fuck all that shit about boxing is a bussiness because it was a sport first so cotto margrito 2 makes sense for the pride of cotto and for margrito to prove he beat cotto not some plastered hands....i dont like margrtio but thats how it is
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Hittman25 @ Jun 8 2010, 02:14 PM) *

that was hype hitman... boxing IS A BUSINESS FIRST, the second they entered the paid ranks it stopped being a sport no matter how you want to look at it... if boxing was a sport first in the paid ranks we'd see more of the fights that we really want to see... mayweather was already gonna fight hatton, hatton had to do his part to sell the hype for the fight, just like im sure mayweather was already gonna fight shane mosley after the marquez fight... this is different... it could create hype what margacheato had to say but thats because he knows his name is tainted and he needs a big fight (you dont see him calling out p. will or shane mosley) but it goes beyond business for cotto... its very personal for cotto and i think as much as these guys fight for money cotto would rather not fight anymore than fight margarito to help him pocket more money off his blood and his pride and he has a right to feel that way and i, for 1, dont blame him... and for what its worth margarito hasnt done anything to deserve a shot at the new champ anyway... besides beat a bum he would have knocked out before his hiatus in a 10 round decision.... hmmmm... sounds like he lost some punching power to me in that year off... lol... but serious even if he was wanting a fight with cotto he needs to work his way back into contention or beat someone of note to warrant a shot at least.. fight before last he was getting his meal served to him 7 course style by shane mosley and on top of that in his fight with cotto its not like it was a one sided fight till the end... the fight was close at the time of the stoppage so its not like margarito was the only beast in the ring that night... point blank, fuck margarito until he shows he can win a big fight here in the states without the plaster... (he's gonna get his shot in november anyway im sure and i dont usually root for manny pac but ill be hoping manny takes him out hatton style in that one)...
Hittman25
fuck that if its bizness then cotto and margrito would have to happen because i knw people would pay to see a sequel from the first....people that dont knw boxing and just watch it from time to time just remember a damm good fight so y not a 2.....

but ya ya margrito cheated omg everyone cheats but they get their due and shane gave margrito his due like hopkins gave trinadad his due and de la hoya gave fargas his due and maybe floyd gave shane his due too but point being this is a fighting sport so just fucking fight....

thats why mma is catching on so well cuz those guys just fight

i will say this tho i wouldnt be mad if cotto fought paul williams or martinez or ne of the other big names but boxing is classic and people remember cotto getting punked my margrito so why not try to earse that memory thats bigger than ne belt or paycheck
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Hittman25 @ Jun 8 2010, 05:58 PM) *
fuck that if its bizness then cotto and margrito would have to happen because i knw people would pay to see a sequel from the first....people that dont knw boxing and just watch it from time to time just remember a damm good fight so y not a 2.....

but ya ya margrito cheated omg everyone cheats but they get their due and shane gave margrito his due like hopkins gave trinadad his due and de la hoya gave fargas his due and maybe floyd gave shane his due too but point being this is a fighting sport so just fucking fight....

thats why mma is catching on so well cuz those guys just fight

i will say this tho i wouldnt be mad if cotto fought paul williams or martinez or ne of the other big names but boxing is classic and people remember cotto getting punked my margrito so why not try to earse that memory thats bigger than ne belt or paycheck

like i said in my last post... margarito got his hat served to him in his last meaningful fight and it wasnt close before the knockout... lets say margarito was to be given a shot vs. anybody other than pac cuzz he seems locked into that ass whippin... but lets say he did get another shot... it shouldnt come until he can at least prove he can win a high caliber fight on the up and up... his last fights before the shane fight have astoriks on them... as a fight fan i wanna see good fights and if margarito without the wraps is not the goods anymore i dont care to see him period and im sure most on this board will agree... if he is worth anything lets see him in against an angulo or i'd even take a vanes fight... after what he did he needs to prove himself again just my opinion....

and for the record not everyone cheats in the sport of boxing... there are a boatload of fighters that put in the hard work and as dangerous of a sport as boxing is they should all be on a level playing field... loaded gloves to me are more dangerous than a juiced fighter...
Hittman25
ya for sure i see what your saying im just saying if i was cotto i would want a 80 20 spilt for the fight in his favor and whoop that boys ass....but i will say they both need to fight someone else at 154......and for the record i dont like cheaters either and loaded gloves are a really scary thing.....fuck fitz dudes a bitch
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 9 2010, 02:41 AM) *
I got up earlier this morning for Marv and we e-battled. Don't know who you are, can't get up for guys like you. Stop bothering me whatever your name is

yall are sumthin else... i cut for each and every one of you guys on this board... we really need to have a fighthype meeting at a future fight or maybe the powers that be can set up conference video chat so we can start putting faces to the different personalities on here... that would be cool... ive made friends with a few of you guys and we talk on the phone or what not.... met up with one guy (hardhead) at the marquez diaz fight and i have to say true boxing fans are a truly distinct group of people... i havent talked to a bad person on the forum yet... it would be cool to meet up and shoot the shit and have some drinks at the fights with some of you guys...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 9 2010, 09:06 AM) *
yall are sumthin else... i cut for each and every one of you guys on this board... we really need to have a fighthype meeting at a future fight or maybe the powers that be can set up conference video chat so we can start putting faces to the different personalities on here... that would be cool... ive made friends with a few of you guys and we talk on the phone or what not.... met up with one guy (hardhead) at the marquez diaz fight and i have to say true boxing fans are a truly distinct group of people... i havent talked to a bad person on the forum yet... it would be cool to meet up and shoot the shit and have some drinks at the fights with some of you guys...

Have you been drinking JLUV? Sheez what with these kind of posts and then Steve and Fitz making plans to have cosy pub lunches together in Melbourne this resembles some sick gay dating site. I won't even go into LL's 'love you guys' post a few weeks back in Team FightHype.

This is boxing FFS!!!!! laugh.gif

Disclaimer: I may have posted something very similiar a few months back after getting emotional following the Cotto-Pac fight. LOL
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jun 9 2010, 08:16 AM) *
Have you been drinking JLUV? Sheez what with these kind of posts and then Steve and Fitz making plans to have cosy pub lunches together in Melbourne this resembles some sick gay dating site. I won't even go into LL's 'love you guys' post a few weeks back in Team FightHype.

Disclaimer: I may have posted something very similiar a few months back after getting emotional following the Cotto-Pac fight. LOL

oh ollie you sure know how to let your emotions be seen... lol...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 9 2010, 09:36 AM) *
I don't do photos, voluntarily.

we will have to have a fighthype get together and im personally buying beardos first drink.... he can buy my next 6.... lol..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jun 9 2010, 09:16 AM) *

LMAO!!! fuck.gif

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 9 2010, 06:38 PM) *
Sorry I missed you in Dallas. I was hoping to meet up with some fighthypers on the PBF v Mosley weekend. It appears that I was the even man out.

I'm used to buyin' and sellin' and collectin'. That's my business.

if pac fights in dallas again in november ill be going back.. we can meet up then if you go...
pacco_diablo
I lost a decent amount of money on Yuri hoping for an upset, the last leg of a parlay. Watching the fight from that perspective I wasnt too impressed with his skill. He has heart but not the skill to rumble with the top fighters, way too much hopping around, not enough action. Not to mention that boxrec has the stats wrong in giving Yuri a 5 in. reach advantage and 4 in. advantage in height. Also found out that night that Manny Steward was training Cotto.

Lesson Learned- Never bet on anything without cross checking the facts and stats.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 13 2010, 02:04 PM) *
if pac fights in dallas again in november ill be going back.. we can meet up then if you go...

Not if it is Margarito.

UFC 115 in Vancouver BC last night was Fn raucous and a ludicrous party afterward. I love BC. Bars and restaurants in Vancouver and Victoria do not hire fat and/or ugly chicks. As it should be.

Point being, the pathetic cards boxing insults the fans with simply cannot compete with mma action like I saw live last night. GM Place was packed and rockin'.

RIP Iceman.

Met Filipovic on the street.
D-MARV
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 13 2010, 10:07 PM) *
Not if it is Margarito.

UFC 115 in Vancouver BC last night was Fn raucous and a ludicrous party afterward. I love BC. Bars and restaurants in Vancouver and Victoria do not hire fat and/or ugly chicks. As it should be.

Point being, the pathetic cards boxing insults the fans with simply cannot compete with mma action like I saw live last night. GM Place was packed and rockin'.

RIP Iceman.

Met Filipovic on the street.

I tried to watch that card last night and couldn't get into it at all.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jun 13 2010, 09:18 PM) *
I tried to watch that card last night and couldn't get into it at all.

I'm with you on that. I didn't think it would be worth it on PPV, but I was in Vancouver anyway and it was the biggest show in town. And it was worth every penny live.

I mean WTF was Liddell doing in there? Dude's chin is china dropped on travertine. But he gave it his all and Franklin KOs his ass just before the bell, with his left arm broken.

Enough. This should be on the UFC section.
The CEO
That's a good article, jlupi...Mercante Jr. is crap.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.