Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who should Cotto fight next?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
SmartyBeardo
Who should Cotto fight next- Angulo, Junior Chavez, Foreman II, The Little Green Monster II, PBF, MartiSomething, Smaritnez, PWill or someone else?

Margarito is disqualified (in an attempt to limit the profane).

I vote the dude that fought in the prelim to Cotto v Foreman. Cotto needs another confidence builder. Chavez Jr v Duddy winner might be the 2nd best option.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 9 2010, 05:30 AM) *
Who should Cotto fight next- Angulo, Junior Chavez, Foreman II, The Little Green Monster II, PBF, MartiSomething, Smaritnez, PWill or someone else?

Margarito is disqualified (in an attempt to limit the profane).

I vote the dude that fought in the prelim to Cotto v Foreman. Cotto needs another confidence builder. Chavez Jr v Duddy winner might be the 2nd best option.

I woulda said Margarito, but since he is not included...I would have to say Chavez Jr. However it would be nice to see Cotto-Angulo or Cotto-Cintron.
JLUVBABY
angulo...
D-MARV
I'd say Angulo or Berto...

PWill would be another savage beating.
pcraw
I would still keep him away from a puncher for a few fights and let him take a bite out of the Latin Snake, Sergio Mora.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 9 2010, 09:50 AM) *
Then I would have said something profane about that greasy human excrement.

Cotto v Angulo or Cintron would be interesting but I think they should come after another tune-up with Steward in his corner.

I don't like Margarito either...I started a thread a long time ago about my hatred towards him saying he should never be allowed to fight again. It would strictly be about revenge. I think Cotto, with the right strategy, could embarrass him. That is my opinion.
lloyd mayflower
I hope Cotto still has some miles in the tank, but I think he should take another fight before thinkin about an of the big guns. I'd like to see him demolish JCC jr, both for tuning up purposes, and to stick it to Arum by whipping one of his cash cows. I'm sure Miguel wouldnt be averse to sticking it to Arum any way he could
Mean Mister Mustard
I too would like to see a Berto-Cotto fight but if he has to stay at 154 I wouldn't mind seeing him take on Cintron. It would be competitive because Cintron has transformed himself into a pretty good boxer (nice defense, timing, power).
Snoop
QUOTE (pcraw @ Jun 9 2010, 03:13 PM) *
I would still keep him away from a puncher for a few fights and let him take a bite out of the Latin Snake, Sergio Mora.

Good God I would LOVE to see that one.
pcraw
QUOTE (Snoop @ Jun 9 2010, 06:43 PM) *
Good God I would LOVE to see that one.

I didn;t say I would be dying to see it, but the thread title is, "Who should Cotto fight next?" For a decent payday and to keep his chin out of danger, I would like his chances against Mora. Now if the title was, "What's the most exciting fight Cotto could be in next?" Then I would say either Angulo or Cintron.
Snoop
QUOTE (pcraw @ Jun 10 2010, 12:44 AM) *
I didn;t say I would be dying to see it, but the thread title is, "Who should Cotto fight next?" For a decent payday and to keep his chin out of danger, I would like his chances against Mora. Now if the title was, "What's the most exciting fight Cotto could be in next?" Then I would say either Angulo or Cintron.

Didn't say you did, but I do, just for the simple fact that I despise Sergio Mora.
Keith

Luis Collazo. Not a big puncher... but tough and skilled.
tottenham19
I would like to see Berto vs. Cotto if Cotto is willing to go back down to 147.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Margarito....yea i went there lol.
King Eugene
I'd like to see him Unify with Corey Spinks. He doesn't have to worry about Spink's power and Spinks has slowed down just enough where Cotto could land at will. This would be a good confidence builder as well.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Holy shit Spinks-Cotto, I didn't think anybody else would say that one. That'd actually be an interesting fight to me. I think Spinks is a level above Foreman, and can evade shots a lot better than Foreman too. If he can counter some of Cotto's shots, he would have a shot against Cotto. It's been awhile since he's been in the ring though, but I'd like to see how he looks against Bundrage. If he still has his legs, he'd be alright. He looked good towards the end of the Lattimore fight, but that was over a year ago.

Way off topic, but on facebook, I made a group called Huge Fans of Cory Spinks. I did it as a joke, but I guess his old manager, his wife, and other members of his family noticed it and joined. I guess Cory looks at it every once in awhile too. Cotto-Spinks, i gotta post that one on the wall.
ViperSniper
Like Martinez, Cotto has a lot of options at the moment as he COULD get fights with Martinez himself, Williams, Cintron, Chavez, Duddy or rematches with Margarito or Mosley but would be wise not to put him in against anyone too dangerous just yet (unless he really is going to have 1 or 2 more fights). My top preferences for Cotto's next fight if it's going to be a big fight would be..

Super Welter:
1. Foreman II
2. Spinks

Welter:
1. Berto
2. Collazo

Cotto has more logical fights at this point of his career at 154 than 147 at the moment but by saying that I still think his a tad short and small for 154. I think the best fight for Cotto would be a tune up fight as he can't rush in to the big fights like he has in the past.
tottenham19
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 9 2010, 11:56 PM) *
Is Collazo still active?

He just called out Berto.

JLUVBABY
Im with eugene and kyle.. id like to see spinks and cotto get it on.... i think that would make for a very entertaining fight...
JLUVBABY
Im with eugene and kyle.. id like to see spinks and cotto get it on.... i think that would make for a very entertaining fight...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (tottenham19 @ Jun 10 2010, 03:02 PM) *
He just called out Berto.

Whatever. Wlad knows how to call somebody out. Go to school Collazo.
Snoop
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 10 2010, 11:35 PM) *

Gotta agree with that one. It's a safe fight for Miguel, but against a qualified opponent. It's an interesting fight to analyze.
streetlion1
I have always wanted to see Mayweather vs Cotto and still do. Berto could be a nice choice also.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
If Cotto wanted to lead up to a fight with Margarito, I'd like to see him fight DeAndre Lattimore. Let Margarito get some solid wins, and earn his way to a rematch (though I think what he did to him in the first fight would make Cotto want revenge). Lattimore is a hard puncher, and he'll put the pressue on Cotto rounds 1-12. He's given Sechew Powell hell in two fights, and nearly beat Spinks. Cotto has trouble with pressure fighters, so lets see if he can build some confidence against a solid 154 contender that puts the heat on. Just a thought.
King Eugene
Man Cotto needs a break from all these tough opponents. I think he deserves an easy yet legit fight next. You could argue that in his position in the past he had no choice but to take on the top opposition but one thing you cant say is he's not fighting or attempting to fight everybody. I still say Spinks at 154 to unify and build his confidence and stay far far away from Martinez and Williams. I wouldn't mind seeing him mix it up with Kirkland either later this year or early next year depending on if Kirkland gets out in October and what type of shape he is in.

On another note speaking of Kirkland I still desire to see him and P. Williams go at it. Thats a guaranteed war!!!
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Jun 11 2010, 11:44 PM) *
Man Cotto needs a break from all these tough opponents. I think he deserves an easy yet legit fight next. You could argue that in his position in the past he had no choice but to take on the top opposition but one thing you cant say is he's not fighting or attempting to fight everybody. I still say Spinks at 154 to unify and build his confidence and stay far far away from Martinez and Williams. I wouldn't mind seeing him mix it up with Kirkland either later this year or early next year depending on if Kirkland gets out in October and what type of shape he is in.

On another note speaking of Kirkland I still desire to see him and P. Williams go at it. Thats a guaranteed war!!!

I think you are on the money with Cotto v Spinks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.