Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: James "Tits out" Toney v Randy "The Natural" Couture
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
lloyd mayflower
This event is intriguing enough to warrant everyone getting their head above the trench and saying who they want to win, and hopefully start some quality trash talk/sig bets in the process!

Is this boxing vs MMA for you? Is it just 2 washed up fighters looking for a payday? Is a fat old bloke against a fit old bloke? Do you care who wins?

I'll kick things off by stating right now that I would absolutely love to see Couture win, preferably by a titanic hook, landed clean on Toneys chin. (His first chin, not chin 2 or 3)
lloyd mayflower
So is that you sayin you WANT Toney to win Smarty? Or that you think he will win?

2 votes made and not commented on! Come on guys!! Get in here and tell us who you picked! This is the first high profile fightb etween 2 really high profile fighters of different disciplines! The arguement is no longer hypothetical!
Douchebag
I'm rolling with JT just on principle.
King Eugene
I WANT Toney to win but not so sure he will. I haven't seen any of his MMA so I cant make an educated pick. I just know I'll be tuning in rooting for Toney but knowing that he could be submitted at any time if Couture manages to get him on the ground. Couture chin has been shaky lately so I wouldn't for once put past the chance James could catch him flush. Hell Mercer caught Sylvia flush and you seen how that ended.
salvador
I've never actually watched an MMA fight other than just flipping channels. That said, I do know Randy Couture's name and I'm intrigued.

I'd love to see what Toney's punches look like without gloves. I just hope he doesn't break his hands.

I wonder if we're going to see Olympic style drug testing here.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Jun 9 2010, 02:55 PM) *
I WANT Toney to win but not so sure he will. I haven't seen any of his MMA so I cant make an educated pick. I just know I'll be tuning in rooting for Toney but knowing that he could be submitted at any time if Couture manages to get him on the ground. Couture chin has been shaky lately so I wouldn't for once put past the chance James could catch him flush. Hell Mercer caught Sylvia flush and you seen how that ended.

That's what I was thinking too. If Toney can get get his shots in quick he might catch Couture cold. On the other hand, we don't know how good Toney's takedown defense is. I think Couture will be able to take Toney down at will and just keep him on the mat for the whole fight.
The CEO
There was a time when Toney was one of my DUDES...but that was like 5 years ago...lol....if this took place back then, I would have been rooting for Toney and easily picking Couture...and for the record, I've always liked and respected Couture...

but since it's happening NOW, I feel this could go either way, and I really don't have a preference...although I'm sure it would feel great to know some New Age, MMA garbage superfans are in pain...lol

Couture is old by any standards and has been rocked and pounded out on more than a few occasions...I don't know...I think there's a pretty good chance Toney might tippy tap that chin and finish him....whether they're standing in the middle of the ring, up against the cage dirty boxing, and even rolling around....

One more thing, I'm one of those guys who's avidly followed both sports for as long as I can remember....Boxing the wife, MMA the mistress kinda thing....for the last year or so, MMA's been more like a random, rare booty call though...lol...I got turned off by the extreme unexpectedness of it...don't get me wrong, I dig upsets....but not one in every other big fight...lol...that's why I don't bet money on MMA...even though I've secretly picked dogs like Brian Bowles and Frankie Edgar to beat Miguel Torres and B.J. Penn... focus.gif

I'm also one of those guys who doesn't get into the Boxing vs. MMA arguments either...as I feel they're 2 different sports, and there's room for both of them.

So I say, "This fight doesn't prove anything and may the best old fart win."...

thumbsup_anim.gif
Warlord
Randy will win, but I'm hoping like hell that Toney wins by murder.

Anyone picking Toney willing to man up for a sig-bet?
JLUVBABY
ive been watching couture a long time... toney 10 times longer and i have to say coture is very very good at what he does, even at his older age and i am sure coture wont try to beat james at his own game... im sure hes gonna try to take out james legs and once the legs are gone move in for the kill or a take down and end this with a ground and pound... boxing is my sport butmma has so many more faucets to the game than boxing and while properly trained boxer could exploit some of them theyd need more than just some training to get to that level to beat an elite fighter... you can argue coture is still a top 10 fighter... id like to pick toney but i just cant.. my hearts with toney and i'll be rooting for him butif i had to bet on the fight my money would have to go with couture.....
JonnyBlaze
I picked Toney as you all would have guessed..When is this fight happening??
STEVENSKI
Randy easy money. I hope he hurts Toney. Not serious but a tendon snapped or a bone broken would be music to my ears.
Douchebag
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jun 9 2010, 09:21 PM) *
Randy will win, but I'm hoping like hell that Toney wins by murder.

Anyone picking Toney willing to man up for a sig-bet?

Nice to see you trying to panhandle sig bets with any body like a 2 dollar whore after I put the battery in your back.

Don't worry, I'll be gentle when I rape your sig.
Warlord
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Jun 10 2010, 06:53 AM) *
Nice to see you trying to panhandle sig bets with any body like a 2 dollar whore after I put the battery in your back.

Don't worry, I'll be gentle when I rape your sig.

That quote was for you, little fish. Glad to see you're still taking the bait.

Remember when I told you that getting beat to the punch was your specialty? You just proved it.

You got balls enough to back your pick, little man?
Douchebag
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jun 10 2010, 06:57 AM) *
That quote was for you, little fish. Glad to see you're still taking the bait.

Remember when I told you that getting beat to the punch was your specialty? You just proved it.

You got balls enough to back your pick, little man?

Right, you pillow biting faggot. Yeah, you baited me alright, ass clown. Just remember who initiated the bet and in who's thread it took place and then ask yourself who baited who................... rolleyes_anim.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Jun 10 2010, 06:56 AM) *
Right, you pillow biting faggot. Yeah, you baited me alright, ass clown. Just remember who initiated the bet and in who's thread it took place and then ask yourself who baited who................... rolleyes_anim.gif

Sorry bit confused here. Didn't Lloyd start this thread?
GARCIA
Toney Is the MAN, Old School Bad Ass SOB!
You gotta Give him Credit for going into MMAs Backyard, Hope He wins..

Honestly i would prefer to watch JT in a Boxing Match, Hopefully he'll get a Title shot before he Retires
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (GARCIA @ Jun 10 2010, 04:29 PM) *
Toney Is the MAN, Old School Bad Ass SOB!
You gotta Give him Credit for going into MMAs Backyard, Hope He wins..

Honestly i would prefer to watch JT in a Boxing Match, Hopefully he'll get a Title shot before he Retires

After he beats Couture,he'll get a title shot in MMA..That's how it works in the MMA..All ya need to do is have 1 win and you're eligible for a title shot..
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jun 10 2010, 05:00 PM) *
After he beats Couture,he'll get a title shot in MMA..That's how it works in the MMA..All ya need to do is have 1 win and you're eligible for a title shot..

lol... thats no joke...
JLUVBABY
im surprised toney has so many votes... youd think this fight was a foregone conclusion based off the votes.... toney isnt the fighter he used to be just as couture isnt but couture has more tricks to play with as far as mma is concerned... only shot i see james having is landing the one big shot which is possible... we shall see..
Fitz
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Jun 10 2010, 09:56 PM) *

I got to respect you for initiating the sig bet, but I think Warlord is going to have a field day with your signature.
D-MARV
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jun 10 2010, 06:00 PM) *

LMAO. That's true.
pesticid
Has anybody considered the fact that even if James gets taken down, he might still be able to punch from his back. I've never seen anybody in MMA try it, but I think a good boxer with good reach can definitely have success with it. It will be funny if James gets taken down and then hurts Randy with punches from his back, that will be a first. On the other hand if James puts down Randy I hope he doesn't go to the ground and pound him. Also, have you guys thought that Randy might be able to hurt James while on his feet if James is too concerned about a take down and then Randy throws something big and lucky. Anyway, James if you're reading this, please train throwing punches while on your back, that will be crazy.
Warlord
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Jun 10 2010, 07:56 AM) *

All this, and the truth of the matter is, you're ducking me. Right, honey?

You challenged me to a sig-bet for Overeem/Fedor, I figure, let's not wait. That fight may never happen. This fight will. If you want to get your ass owned so badly, let's do it now you fucking bitch. Otherwise shut the fuck and save your lame-ass shtick for someone else. Facta, non verba.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jun 10 2010, 10:00 PM) *

True. Just like in boxing you only need to lose fights to get a title shot or get knocked out & then beat a journeyman to get a shot.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 10 2010, 07:24 PM) *
True. Just like in boxing you only need to lose fights to get a title shot or get knocked out & then beat a journeyman to get a shot.

Good point, CP.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 10 2010, 08:24 PM) *

Difference boxing's average journeyman is still way more skilled than most unskilled MMA regular dudes off the street who picked up MMA more recently. laugh.gif

My brother is a huge MMA nut, and I told him about this fight last night at his house, and he was rolling. He used to watch boxing back in the day, and he loved Toney too, he seems to think Toney has a punchers chance, but thats it.

Something else I been thinking about Toney, his balance and weight over the last few years has been horrible. So people hoping Toney can sprawl or hold off Couture from taking him down, is realistically bleak if that happens. I see Couture just taking him down right away, and being a wrestling affair. But IF Toney can keep him at a distance and hit him with some of his shots, Couture's going to sleep.

My brother has a little MMA gym he owns(nothing big or great). Mainly for people to roll around and workout, but nothing too serious. Some of the guys had a few amateur fights and stuff and come from karate or wrestling background. I have sparred with many of the guys over some time and have wrecked guys(skilled boxing background thumbsup_anim.gif ), I don't let them kick though. laugh.gif

Yes... I am very biased towards boxers.
Douchebag
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jun 10 2010, 08:20 PM) *
All this, and the truth of the matter is, you're ducking me. Right, honey?

You challenged me to a sig-bet for Overeem/Fedor, I figure, let's not wait. That fight may never happen. This fight will. If you want to get your ass owned so badly, let's do it now you fucking bitch. Otherwise shut the fuck and save your lame-ass shtick for someone else. Facta, non verba.

All in this due time. I don't believe in this one, I'm just rolling with Toney for sentimental reasons, but O is going ensure the that you walk around these parts the with your head held reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal low, Bradley. LOL
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jun 11 2010, 04:09 AM) *
he seems to think Toney has a punchers chance, but thats it.

He would be right because Toney ain't got nothin else going for him.
Warlord
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Jun 10 2010, 10:13 PM) *
All in this due time. I don't believe in this one, I'm just rolling with Toney for sentimental reasons, but O is going ensure the that you walk around these parts the with your head held reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal low, Bradley. LOL

So you're bitching out, yeah? Just say it, son. Don't be shy.

You're a failure as a father, as a person, and now, apparently, you've even failed the internet. Wow. laugh.gif
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jun 10 2010, 11:57 PM) *

You're a failure as a father, as a person, and now, apparently, you've even failed the internet. Wow. laugh.gif

For your sake, I'm going to pretend I didn't read this post.
Warlord
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 11 2010, 12:15 AM) *
For your sake, I'm going to pretend I didn't read this post.

Why, you gonna bust a CAPSlock in my ass or something?
AussieLad
Lop sided vote so far for toney to win.

Going to be alot of disappointed red faces come fight night
Fitz
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Jun 11 2010, 05:30 PM) *
Lop sided vote so far for toney to win.

Going to be alot of disappointed red faces come fight night

Well, this is a boxing forum man. Did you think the majority would be rooting for Randy? Unless, you thought this was a prediction thread? The voting is who you 'want' to win, not who you 'think' will win.
AussieLad
Whoops, thought it was a prediction thread... LOL

Still, i want couture to win as it is an MMA fight and he is an MMA legend. The same as i would want toney to win if couture moved to boxing.
Fitz
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Jun 11 2010, 07:08 PM) *
Whoops, thought it was a prediction thread... LOL

Still, i want couture to win as it is an MMA fight and he is an MMA legend. The same as i would want toney to win if couture moved to boxing.

Yep. I am going for Toney obviously, but I think Courture will win. I don't even know how good Courture is, just from word of mouth and I know of some of his results. I'm basically basing my prediction in this being Randy's sport and not Toney's.
When is this fight anyways?
KingEugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 11 2010, 05:16 AM) *
Yep. I am going for Toney obviously, but I think Courture will win. I don't even know how good Courture is, just from word of mouth and I know of some of his results. I'm basically basing my prediction in this being Randy's sport and not Toney's.
When is this fight anyways?

Funny, from what I know they haven't even signed to fight yet. I think its just verbal agreement at the moment.
Douchebag
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 10 2010, 06:56 PM) *
I got to respect you for initiating the sig bet, but I think Warlord is going to have a field day with your signature.

That's OK, just give me my props when O peels Fedor's cap.
Douchebag
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jun 11 2010, 12:57 AM) *

Getting your feelings hurt again, Bradley? Your emotions and arrogance will be your downfall. Savali!
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jun 11 2010, 01:33 AM) *
Why, you gonna bust a CAPSlock in my ass or something?

Nah, but I was going to suggest you get that gerbil surgically removed from your ass, because you rank like a decaying rodent.
Warlord
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 11 2010, 06:32 AM) *
Nah, but I was going to suggest you get that gerbil surgically removed from your ass, because you rank like a decaying rodent.

Did you truly expect to move me with such a pathetic little scree? How very quixotic of you. A man of your obvious intelligence must surely be capable of something a little less... elementary. Yes?
Warlord
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Jun 11 2010, 05:50 AM) *
Getting your feelings hurt again, Bradley? Your emotions and arrogance will be your downfall. Savali!

You think too highly of yourself, Ely. Say hello to the family for me. How is Roberto these days? Danilo and Mariel? Well, I hope.

Tell me something. What happened to that budding little career you had going with Banc of America? Are you still employed? Did you wash out of that, the same way you've done so many other times in your life?

Which job did you prefer, Van's or Papa Johns? Van's obviously had its perks, no? I mean, don't tell me you didn't pick up a couple of free items here and there. But then again, Papa Johns gave you a shot at all the free pizza you could get your oily little hands on.

Do you like Pizza, James? I do. The next time I'm down in Rhode Island do you think you could hook me up with a pie? If it's not too much trouble, I'd love an ice-cold coca-cola on the side. Thanks, buddy.

Your friend,
(Not Bradley, lol. But keep trying.)
Douchebag
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jun 11 2010, 11:53 AM) *
You think too highly of yourself, Ely. Say hello to the family for me. How is Roberto these days? Danilo and Mariel? Well, I hope.

Tell me something. What happened to that budding little career you had going with Banc of America? Are you still employed? Did you wash out of that, the same way you've done so many other times in your life?

Which job did you prefer, Van's or Papa Johns? Van's obviously had its perks, no? I mean, don't tell me you didn't pick up a couple of free items here and there. But then again, Papa Johns gave you a shot at all the free pizza you could get your oily little hands on.

Do you like Pizza, James? I do. The next time I'm down in Rhode Island do you think you could hook me up with a pie? If it's not too much trouble, I'd love an ice-cold coca-cola on the side. Thanks, buddy.

Your friend,
(Not Bradley, lol. But keep trying.)

Savali!
GARCIA
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jun 10 2010, 06:00 PM) *

Haha yea your Right lol
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jun 11 2010, 10:43 AM) *
Did you truly expect to move me with such a pathetic little scree? How very quixotic of you. A man of your obvious intelligence must surely be capable of something a little less... elementary. Yes?

No Warlord, I was making no attempt to move you. I was suggesting that you remove your decaying furry friend from deep up inside you through the miracle of modern surgery. You will stink less like an open sewer. It may even cure your proclivity for utilizing words that you perceive project an intelligent image..
lloyd mayflower
Holy shit, should have stuck this thread in the smack talk section!
D-MARV
Where's Jack?
Snoop
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jun 11 2010, 11:11 PM) *
Where's Jack?

I know right? He gets all "Lefthook" on Spyder and JohnnysTrainer but doesn't say anything to this? Where's the consistency?
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Snoop @ Jun 11 2010, 06:30 PM) *
I know right? He gets all "Lefthook" on Spyder and JohnnysTrainer but doesn't say anything to this? Where's the consistency?

Jack is pulling a Steve Smoger in this thread and letting these guys battle to the death laugh.gif I for one appreciate it, I don't know of a better feud on Fight Hype right now or maybe ever, but I'm sure some more veteran poster's could enlighten me on that point.

This feud is pure win.
Warlord
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 11 2010, 03:40 PM) *
No Warlord, I was making no attempt to move you. I was suggesting that you remove your decaying furry friend from deep up inside you through the miracle of modern surgery. You will stink less like an open sewer. It may even cure your proclivity for utilizing words that you perceive project an intelligent image..

Did you get a hold of daddy's copy of 120 Days of Sodom, young man? I must admit, I never was too fond of the good Marquis. I thought Clark Ashton Smith's Isle of the Torturers was a much superior effort, and done far more concisely, with a morality play that was sorely lacking in De Sade's exercise in decadence.

On another note, I don't think Kensofine would appreciate you hitting on me, when you are so clearly tied up with him at the moment. I would recommend you settle affairs with that young gentleman first, before you come wooing me with your talk of hamsters and gerbils running amok in anal cavities.

Thank you, sir.
Lil-lightsout
This board has been hostile lately... what the heck is going on?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.