Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UFC 115
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
Warlord
Getting ready for the main event.

Cro-Cop was awesome and funny as hell. I just became a fan.
Warlord
I hate both guys, but I'm going with Rich in this fight.

I just don't think Chuck has it anymore.
kidbazooka1
Damn i thought Barry was gonna whoop Cro Cop being that Mirko hasn't looked good since since his KO loss to Gonzaga.

I really don't care who wins the main even but im pulling for Rich aswell just because i can't srand Chuck.

Got a stream War?
Warlord
Over. Chuck KO'd by a love-tap from a one-armed fighter. Time to call it a day.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jun 12 2010, 11:36 PM) *
Over. Chuck KO'd by a love-tap from a one-armed fighter. Time to call it a day.

Seen it Chuck needs to give it up the guy has nothing left.

Now Franklin's gonna think he's a world beater after this. LOL
BigG
Yo Warlord, I noticed on Cro Cop's record that he had a no contest with Overeem...(Fedor's next challenge?)...you saw that fight?

Liddell time to hang em up.
Warlord
QUOTE (BigG @ Jun 13 2010, 11:28 AM) *
Yo Warlord, I noticed on Cro Cop's record that he had a no contest with Overeem...(Fedor's next challenge?)...you saw that fight?

Liddell time to hang em up.

Overeem was dominating the fight, but kept nailing Cro-Cop to the nuts, the same way Kongo had done previously. Eventually the ref called a DQ, and that was the end of it.

Liddell should've hung up the gloves when Dana tugged on his leash last year.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jun 13 2010, 08:08 PM) *
Overeem was dominating the fight, but kept nailing Cro-Cop to the nuts, the same way Kongo had done previously. Eventually the ref called a DQ, and that was the end of it.

Liddell should've hung up the gloves when Dana tugged on his leash last year.

All right, I didn't meet Cro-Cop. I just walked by him with my wife. I thought about going back and talking with him but I didn't want to bother the dude. He was with a couple of guys.

The only reason I went to UFC 115 is because I was going up to my room with my wife after suffering through Sex And The City Does Abu Dabi or Dubai and three dudes (already ripped) got in to the small elevator with us. I asked them where the party was and they said they were going to the fights. I asked who was fighting and they said "Liddell and some dude and Cro-cop."

Needless to say, I felt I had collected a theater full of political capital. I wanted to see Cro-cop. I didn't figure that it was sold fn out.

While this was not as exciting a buildup as PBF v SSM, it was far and away more entertaining than the Vegas event. And my wife was smokin' (as always).

For me, more than half the show was the crowd. Vancouver was definitely a tougher town this weekend.

By the way, Sex And The City in Midtown Vancouver BC was a theater full of hot women, two dudes up front and me with my wife. It was still painful.
The CEO
Watching this on a stream now...I don't like how they billed the principles in the main event as "Two Legends"....lol...Franklin ain't no Legend.
Warlord
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jun 14 2010, 09:55 AM) *
Watching this on a stream now...I don't like how they billed the principles in the main event as "Two Legends"....lol...Franklin ain't no Legend.

Haha, everbody is a legend in the UFC. Goldie even referred to Kimbo Slice as a "legend." I've learned never to take anything anyone in the UFC says at face value. It's all hyperbole.
AussieLad
Lidell needs to ditch the UFC. He isnt going to headline anymore events

He can probably make some good scratch in strikeforce.

I thought he was doing well, rocking franklin a few times. But, as always, his aggression made him over commit. Same thing happened vs rampage and rashad. He waded in taking chances, and got clipped. The only problem is that rampage and rashad have power, and his chin was broken so he couldnt take franklins shots. I dont rate franklin on the same level as rampage or rashad in terms of one punch power

Props to cro cop. I thought he was in the same stage as lidell, losing to lesser fighters. But he toughed it out and used some diversity in his gameplan. Thought his cheek was broken for sure
The CEO
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jun 14 2010, 08:38 PM) *
Haha, everbody is a legend in the UFC. Goldie even referred to Kimbo Slice as a "legend." I've learned never to take anything anyone in the UFC says at face value. It's all hyperbole.

lol...I hear that...and for the record, I don't really see Liddell as a legend either for that matter...

It's the old "We'll keep calling them legends until the marks believe it." trick...
Warlord
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jun 15 2010, 03:01 PM) *
lol...I hear that...and for the record, I don't really see Liddell as a legend either for that matter...

I definitely think Chuck Liddell is one of the most over-hyped fighters in history, probably the most over-hyped. His comp record isn't great either, but it is good enough to make him a "UFC legend", imo.

He's not Wanderlei Silva legendary, Sakuraba legendary, Rua legendary, or even Cotoure legendary. But he is Rich Franklin legendary, lol. Just as long as you remember what the UFC's standards for legendary are.
BigG
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jun 21 2010, 03:12 AM) *
I definitely think Chuck Liddell is one of the most over-hyped fighters in history, probably the most over-hyped. His comp record isn't great either, but it is good enough to make him a "UFC legend", imo.

He's not Wanderlei Silva legendary, Sakuraba legendary, Rua legendary, or even Cotoure legendary. But he is Rich Franklin legendary, lol. Just as long as you remember what the UFC's standards for legendary are.

LOL, I agree...the UFC seriously overhypes their fighters. Even Rampage and I love Rampage

Sakuraba is a legend. Prime Wand is too....Cotoure is overrated (JMO)..

The ATG's of MMA are Fedor, Sakuraba, Anderson Silva, George St. Pierre, BJ Penn, Silva....
Run and Gun Game Calls
Big G come on now, how can you say the natural is over rated?

he beat liddell, ortiz, belfort, maurice smith, mark coleman, jeremy horn, kevin randleman, pedro rizzo, tim silvia, gonzaga...And soon to be he will kick the shit out of James Toney..

randy is alot of things, but overrated isnt one of them
Warlord
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Jun 25 2010, 03:13 PM) *
Big G come on now, how can you say the natural is over rated?

he beat liddell, ortiz, belfort, maurice smith, mark coleman, jeremy horn, kevin randleman, pedro rizzo, tim silvia, gonzaga...And soon to be he will kick the shit out of James Toney..

randy is alot of things, but overrated isnt one of them

I think a lot of new fans get thrown off by Randy's shitty-ass record. They never actually look at this comp list or achievements. Randy is definitely a legend. A real one, I mean, not just a UFC legend.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.