Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: David Lemieux
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
SENTRAL
Can't understand why nobody is talking about him. He was awesome again on Friday and I'm convinced he will rise to the top and become the man to beat at middleweight. The ease in which he took out Ayala was sensational. He's got fast hands, he puts his punches together beautifully and his technique is wonderful. He may have a short reach and his head movement isn't the best but watch him on Friday and you see a fighter destined for great things. Look how he didn't smother his work, look how he doubled up the left hook and grimace in awe at his bone shattering power. I was already a fan but now I'm convinced. The middleweight division is looking great for the next few years with not only Lemieux but also, Jacobs, Pirog, Golovkin, N'jikam and some others all on the rise.

Would be interested to see how long John Duddy would last in their with David. I'd give him 3 rounds.
salvador
I hadn't heard of him before Friday. Though it was a short fight and I didn't record or study it, he didn't impress me as particularly fast, but he is coordinated and aggressive and he gets his weight into his punches. He's definitely one to watch - and he's only 21!

Maxy

I've only seen him once before, can't recall who he knocked out but he looked good doing it. Doesn't seem overly fast but definitely has power. I think it's a bit premature to call him the future of the middleweights though.
TKOArtist
Well guys, to be honest with you all, I'm from Quebec and I've been looking at David Lemieux for his whole career and I actually seen almost all of his fights. I can definitely tell you that he's no joke! As Maxy said it, I think it's a bit premature to call him the future of the middleweight division... But he's certainly a top 10!

If I leave the fact that I'm a Lemieux fan on the side, I would say that he's never been tested with a decent fighter in his young career... However I saw Ayala lose to Arthur Abraham and Sergio Mora and I think that Lemieux sent a message there! Some would say that it don't mean nothing but I think Lemieux will definitely be a tough challenge for anyone in the division. The only thing that makes me doubt a bit... his chin!

I don't feel that he's been tested so far and that's the only thing I doubt... He's not the fastest but he's fast enough... He has the power... he can sell tickets, he had a successful ESPN debut, he has Russ Anber in his corner (to me Anber is a great boxing trainer and has a lot of knowledge about boxing, wich is a plus for Lemieux!)... He has everything to be successful...

Oh and Sentral spoke about that clown John Duddy... In my opinion, Lemieux would literaly kill him in less than 3.
D-MARV
I'm hardly impress with this guy. He may have mild success since the division is somewhat weak but he's FAR from the "future".
King Eugene
Daniel Jacobs will be the next best Middleweight in my opinion.
D-MARV
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Jun 13 2010, 09:10 PM) *
Daniel Jacobs will be the next best Middleweight in my opinion.

Jacobs owns this cat...

Erislandy Lara is the future of the middleweight division.
JD
What am I missing with Daniel Jacobs?
pesticid
Danny Jacobs will get crushed by Lemieu, I think though Danny will try to stay as much away as possible if they fight. He doesn't want to trade with Lemieu.
D-MARV
QUOTE (JD @ Jun 13 2010, 09:22 PM) *
What am I missing with Daniel Jacobs?

Daniel Jacobs is nothing special but he wipes his ass with Lemieux. One thing Jacobs has going for him is a wonderful Jab. He does bring a little bit of speed to the table and he's not afraid to put together 5 or 6 punch combinations. But like I said... I don't think too much of Jacobs either.
King Eugene
He is still early in his career and lacks experience but he's getting better with every fight. They are moving him alone at a pretty descent pace. He's fighting for Sergio's stripped WBO belt in July. He has speed power and descent footwork. He's good at creating angles as well and put together nice combos. Not sure how his chin is since it hasn't been tested but I think once he get to the elite he'll be there for a while.
JD
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jun 13 2010, 09:53 PM) *
Daniel Jacobs is nothing special but he wipes his ass with Lemieux. One thing Jacobs has going for him is a wonderful Jab. He does bring a little bit of speed to the table and he's not afraid to put together 5 or 6 punch combinations. But like I said... I don't think too much of Jacobs either.

Lemieux is young...nothing more than a prospect to me right now. Maybe he will be something, maybe he won't. From what I have seen of Jacobs, even now I don't think he would put it on Lemieux...could he win? Sure. Should he win? Probably.

I have seen a lot of Jacobs and I don't get the hype. Sure, he has a nice stick...but he doesn't really seem like he has any special qualities, whether it be power, defense, feet, hand speed...I don't know. The youngsters at middle are not the most inspiring in the sport, maybe they will develop over the next couple of years.

JD
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Jun 13 2010, 10:28 PM) *
He is still early in his career and lacks experience but he's getting better with every fight. They are moving him alone at a pretty descent pace. He's fighting for Sergio's stripped WBO belt in July. He has speed power and descent footwork. He's good at creating angles as well and put together nice combos. Not sure how his chin is since it hasn't been tested but I think once he get to the elite he'll be there for a while.

Jacobs is only 23...he does have that going for him. I guess if he is fighting for a strap he is no longer prospect level...but upside wise, I don't see what has warranted all the attention and effort to push him by GBP.

Look, I hope he becomes great, boxing needs as many top fighters as possible, I just don't see what will make him great.
The CEO
Lemieux is good...for a kid from a tertiary Boxing nation.

If he fought Jacobs tomorrow under fair and square conditions, I'd take the latter over him without hesitation...

The young, Fernando Guerrero, would whoop his ass too...
D-MARV
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jun 14 2010, 10:09 AM) *
Lemieux is good...for a kid from a tertiary Boxing nation.

If he fought Jacobs tomorrow under fair and square conditions, I'd take the latter over him without hesitation...

The young, Fernando Guerrero, would whoop his ass too...

Ive seen Guerrero in person and I watched him train a few times... This kid is the "TRUTH"! He's a future p4p player.
JD
I would take Guerrero over Lemieux or Jacobs.
SENTRAL
So no love for Lemieux? I am personally super confident that he will be the one everybody is talking about in 2011. Lemieux, if the fights get made, will knock Guerrero out before the bell for round 5 tolls. Jacobs might be a good prospect but I'm sure he wont be the pick of the crop. Pirog is moving along fast and he' s the best of the rest alongside Hassan N'Dam N'jikam, whose flashy style has made a fan of me. Its always a guessing game trying to assess who will be the next best damn thing and some of us might end up red faced this time next year but my pick is to stick with Lemieux. I hope they put him in with Duddy next but a better option could be Vera who looked OK in his win over Demers.
The CEO
Yep. No love for him here...

I predict Lemieux will still be in Montreal this time next year....having padded his resume with a few more wins and protecting that 0...

I basically see him goin' The Protected Homeboy Route for as long as he can...just like his countryman, Bute, has done so far...
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jun 14 2010, 03:10 PM) *
Yep. No love for him here...

I predict Lemieux will still be in Montreal this time next year....having padded his resume with a few more wins and protecting that 0...

I basically see him goin' The Protected Homeboy Route for as long as he can...just like his countryman, Bute, has done so far...

That's pretty standard Montreal Boxing matchmaking right there: Feed the guy a couple of stiffs and then, when an opportunity arises to fight a vastly superior fighter, rush him in there unprepared. Lemieux is a good talent but he should start fighting some contenders before he rushes out to fight any big names, otherwise the only "future" he will have is that of a premature loss on his record.
mexi-cutioner
Lemieux is the next big thing in Canada. He's mature beyond his years and is a feared puncher who picks his spots meticulously. I do agree that although he has stepped up his level of competition, he's hasn't been challenged. I'd like to see him take 2 more fights vs tough veteran opposition such as Marco Antonio Rubio, Kassim Ouma, Peter Manfredo, Karmazin, Mundine etc. before stepping into the ring for a title shot

gotta keep in mind hes only 21 and still veryraw at this point in his career he will only get better
SmartyBeardo
I like the snap in Lemieux's punches, but his speed is lacking and his chin will be severely tested.

Guerrero looks extremely tough, quick and heavy handed.

Jacobs has got tools but can he take it to the top level?

Lara has the talent to deal with them all, but he seems to lose focus and get sloppy.

My guess is that Lemieux will stay safe in Montreal and let the rest knock each other off. He will lure a relatively easy kill to Montreal and steal a belt.

For omnipotent being's sake, Liddell sells out arenas in Canada. Why would Lemieux risk venturing south?
SENTRAL
Had to bump this thread guys. Lemieux totally destroyed Camacho Jr, looked a wrecking machine in there. He's open for the counter but with that power he is a threat to anyone.
Warlord

I won't post da nudez, cuz I am a gentleman, but I figured some uv da fine posterz here wuz interested in seeing more of Fighthype's rezident female contributer. Thumbz up 2 Sentral!

Westside...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jun 13 2010, 08:17 PM) *
Jacobs owns this cat...

Erislandy Lara is the future of the middleweight division.

speaking of lara... he has called out vanes... that would be a great fight...

lara challenges vanes....
SENTRAL
Jacobs would do well to go 3 rounds with Lemieux. I like David and he is a serious puncher, something everybody loves in boxing. Pirog is another who will make some major noise in the near future. Enjoyed the Lara article on the front page and he will develop into a top middleweight once he's done his thing at 154.

Any chance of Hype or Pcraw doing an interview with David Lemieux at some point?
Maxy
I saw a gif of Lemieux sparking out Camacho. Yeah, he's got power but is he improving as a fighter with all these early knock-outs? It's all well and good destroying people but when they ain't so dumb and they counter you, make you miss and hit you back....you get me, he's raw and he needs more work.

I'll hold my hands up though....I've only seen him on you tube clips and the gif from the Camacho fight so I ain't going on much.

Nigel Benn?
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Warlord @ Oct 30 2010, 05:07 AM) *

I won't post da nudez, cuz I am a gentleman, but I figured some uv da fine posterz here wuz interested in seeing more of Fighthype's rezident female contributer. Thumbz up 2 Sentral!

Westside...

what was the subject of this thread again? . . . oh yeah, Lemieux.

I'd take Pirog over him.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Oct 30 2010, 04:49 AM) *
Had to bump this thread guys. Lemieux totally destroyed Camacho Jr, looked a wrecking machine in there. He's open for the counter but with that power he is a threat to anyone.

Nice bump. I like Lemiuex but Camacho Jr is hardly a litmus test either. David's definately a contender to make some noise in this division. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I think the real future of the MW is Saul Alvarez. I think he's gonna move in to that divsion real well.

Promoted correctly this could be a super fight in a couple of years.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Warlord @ Oct 30 2010, 08:07 AM) *

Westside...

Great work Westside it appears you've discovered that Jennifer Love Hewitt posts on these boards. I'm sure Audley Harrizon (the next HW champion of the da fucken World) and Danny 'da fuckin man' Willimaz would approve.
Warlord
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Oct 31 2010, 02:33 AM) *
Great work Westside it appears you've discovered that Jennifer Love Hewitt posts on these boards. I'm sure Audley Harrizon (the next HW champion of the da fucken World) and Danny 'da fuckin man' Willimaz would approve.

Westside...
JLUVBABY
Jack 1000
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Jun 14 2010, 07:17 PM) *
Lemieux is the next big thing in Canada. He's mature beyond his years and is a feared puncher who picks his spots meticulously. I do agree that although he has stepped up his level of competition, he's hasn't been challenged. I'd like to see him take 2 more fights vs tough veteran opposition such as Marco Antonio Rubio, Kassim Ouma, Peter Manfredo, Karmazin, Mundine etc. before stepping into the ring for a title shot

gotta keep in mind hes only 21 and still very raw at this point in his career he will only get better

Yea! I agree!

The Camacho Jr. KO was awesome! His camp wants him for a world title fight late next year. But that is too fast. I echo the contenders above for some good tests. I hope he CAN beat them and get a title shot. However, he needs to be tested first.

Jack
SmartyBeardo
Nice power is about all that can be said about that moving heavybag exercise.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Oct 31 2010, 01:45 PM) *
Nice power is about all that can be said about that moving heavybag exercise.

we agree on this one beardo...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Oct 31 2010, 12:09 PM) *
we agree on this one beardo...

I must be doing something wrong cool.gif .
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Oct 31 2010, 02:14 PM) *
I must be doing something wrong cool.gif .

yes beardo you are... follow me brothern into the light... realize that pac is doomed and we'll be on the same page... lol...
SENTRAL
David won again last night but it was a let down in reality.  A sub par opponent but another victory and at least he is staying active.  I still love the guy, love his power and love the way he wants to stay busy. 

And I still tip him as the next big thing at 160.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.