Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marquez vs Lopez
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Snoop
According to the front page, this fight is being talked about for September. I can't really call it but I think it makes for an interesting matchup. I had no idea Rafael Marquez already moved up to featherweight, nor did I know that Lopez just recently moved up from super batam. This makes it hard to call for me. What do ya'll think?
Lil-lightsout
Great match-up! I think I favor the younger Lopez by stoppage. I just don't think Marquez will be able to take the constant pressure of Lopez.
JLUVBABY
woo hoo.. im excited bout this one... gotta favor lopez but marquez def. has the punch and experience to pull this off... this is gonna be a good fight...
salvador
Perfect matchup for an up and coming fighter like Lopez; semi-sad and predictable ending for a warrior like Marquez who never made the money he deserved.

Lopez by TKO. After nine rounds of punishment I see Marquez's corner throwing in the towel.
D-MARV
WAR MARQUEZ!!!!
JLUVBABY
i can see a lot of people going with lopez and if i was a betting man id put my money on him too but like i said earlier marquez is a very live dog and as the fight nears im not sure i dont start picking him to upset lopez... lopez has a big question mark on his chin that im am very sure marquez will check... this fight has foty written all over it...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jun 15 2010, 01:22 AM) *
Great match-up! I think I favor the younger Lopez by stoppage. I just don't think Marquez will be able to take the constant pressure of Lopez.

Damn, LL, your little friend looks a hell of a lot nicer shaved.
Snoop
I think people are writing off Marquez a bit too soon. I think he causes worlds of problems for Lopez, who for me, is still a bit untested.
Fitz
I'm loving this fight. The only thing that concerns me is that they are trying to set it up before Lopez fights Concepcion. That's never a good idea to look too far ahead. That said, I think Marquez will be the underdog, though I would think that who ever is the underdog in this fight would be worth laying a bit of money on.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 16 2010, 12:35 AM) *
Damn, LL, your little friend looks a hell of a lot nicer shaved.

Thanks, I agree. laugh.gif

Lets hope we ALL never have to see that again, except for jluv who keeps it as his screen saver.
kidbazooka1
The Marquez before the Vasquez wars would have IMO been the slight favored to win but not anymore. I still give him a chance because of his power and skill but Lopez is just too young and hungry fro him now. Still even a past his best Marquez would still give Lopez loads of trouble.

Lopez by late rd stoppage or decision in a war.
BigG
Competitive fight...Marquez looked very good against Vazquez. I think Marquez is a better boxer. But Juan Ma is a strong young prime fighter who is also a good boxer..I dunno...But I'll pick Marquez by KO in 8.

Marquez is one of the finest fighters of this decade...really underrated...
Keith

Marquez grows old against Lopez.
SmartyBeardo
Lopez by TKO after 6.
JLUVBABY
i just keep thinking of the mtagwa fight.. call it a bad night or what ever but mtagwa never should have brought him to the brink... if mtagwa can do what he did i just dont see why marquezs' experience wont do him justice... again, not picking marquez but wont be surprised if he brings lopez to the brink as well or even pulls it off...
Hittman25
great fight just hope it really happens because if it does it has the possiblity to be a great fight it could go either way marquez adapts wen he fights and always finds away to hurt his oppenet but lopez is no doubt the favorite and more dangerous draw with at least two knockdowns
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.