Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ward vs. Green-Preview and Prediction Thread and Poll
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Who Wins the next fight in the Super Six? Vote Now!

Jack

Administrator
Jack 1000
Going with Ward by TKO 10. A punchers' chance is all that Green has. I think that this will be a beatdown.

Jack
HaydelHammer
I got ward KO...I expect ward to box him and green will walk into something mid to late b/c he can't get to ward and get finished.

I love how green acts like he's some 3 time champion or some sh*t and talks like fighters better respect and fear him because of his illustrious, dominating career.
Box in Hand
Gimme Ward in a Calzaghe vs. Lacy type ass thrashin.
SmartyBeardo
Ward by TKO after 8.

Green will have his moments in the first 4 rounds, but he will be unable to capitalize. Ward will dominate after 4. By 8 it will be obvious that the fight is over and the end will depend on Green's corner and the ref.
JLUVBABY
i voted ward by decision... i think green figures out pretty early he is out classed and goes into survival mode to finish on his feet...
E.C.LEGEND
I got Green by 6-7 round knockout. I don't think ward has had his chin checked yet. So I'm going with Green.
Lil-lightsout
Seems like a safe bet for a Ward win, but for some reason I have a feeling Green is gonna KO him. dntknw.gif
The CEO
Ward is gonna box and bully that burger into submission...
D-MARV
I'm a bit surprised that most here are picking Ward without hesitation. I'm going with Ward too but I believe that there will be a scary moment or two for Ward.
JLUVBABY
wards gonna make this fight look easy...
Keith

Ward seems the logical choic but his knee worries me. He is way to young to have such a bad knee that requires the rescheduling of fights.
PR316
Ward's chin doesn't convince me which is why Green is very live for me.

But you have to favor Ward to outbox him.,
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Keith @ Jun 16 2010, 12:51 PM) *
Ward seems the logical choic but his knee worries me. He is way to young to have such a bad knee that requires the rescheduling of fights.

keith man dont jinx us... lol...
Keith
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 17 2010, 12:07 AM) *
keith man dont jinx us... lol...

Shit... I am a jinx.
Fitz
I am going to lay little money on Green. I think Ward outboxes him comfortably, but from what I seen from Green, he can be pretty good at times, and can punch. Plus, Ward's whiskers are pretty suspect. I think laying small money on Green by KO is worth the look. Favour Ward by comfortably, but that one shot is there and more probable than most 'punchers' chance.
neophyte7
Greene has the goods. I think this is a fight where he finally lives up to his potential. I predict him hurting and stopping Ward late.
Nay_Sayer
Green is shit.

Ward shouldn't have any problems here...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Keith @ Jun 17 2010, 06:26 AM) *
Shit... I am a jinx.

who is ll going with in this one?... if he's picking green i want another sig bet... lol..
JonnyBlaze
Ward by wide decision..If Green doesn't KO him,it's all Ward..I see Ward just outboxing him..
Mean Mister Mustard
Ward's probably going to take the fight to Green and not the other way around.
JLUVBABY
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 17 2010, 07:41 PM) *
who is ll going with in this one?... if he's picking green i want another sig bet... lol..

Listen fool. You are very lucky I spared you from the Cotto-Foreman mismatch. Just cause you got lucky ONCE, one day your luck and cockiness will run out. Quit while you are ahead. laugh.gif
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 18 2010, 10:55 PM) *

Damn these dudes are lookin' lean. Almost thin. I must admit that Green looks meaner.
Imperius3
I don't think this fight is a mismatch by any means. I actually think Green will hurt Ward at some point in the fight. Ward will be hesitant after he's hurt, and Green will bank rounds. What happens next depends on Ward. If Ward has the heart of a champion, he will pull through and fall back into his groove. He will outbox Green and win the remaining rounds. I think Ward has the heart, and he will win a close decision.
Maxy
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Jun 19 2010, 06:39 AM) *
I don't think this fight is a mismatch by any means. I actually think Green will hurt Ward at some point in the fight. Ward will be hesitant after he's hurt, and Green will bank rounds. What happens next depends on Ward. If Ward has the heart of a champion, he will pull through and fall back into his groove. He will outbox Green and win the remaining rounds. I think Ward has the heart, and he will win a close decision.

I hope you are right with that because I want to see how Ward reacts to being hurt, maybe having to climb off the canvas. He looks a very good fighter but there are questions I'd like to see answered and Green has the tools to make this interesting.

Got Ward by UD.
Keith
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 17 2010, 07:41 PM) *

laugh.gif... I think it would be a mistake to outright pick Green over Ward in this one (Ward has yet to show much weakness in his game), but something stinks of upset here. Somewhere in this tournament there will be an upset. Wards knee worries me and as Froch or Kessler said on Fightcamp 360 "I dont think Wards too happy about that Fight, I think he'd rather be facing Taylor".

Green will at least test Ward in a way he has not yet been. Green possesses more speed and footwork then Miranda or Kessler... as well as having the power to put his opponents away when he connects. I believe he is better then any fighter Ward has faced... so I expect a good competetive fight.
The CEO
This isn't as much of a mismatch as Ward-Kessler was...but it's still a mismatch.

If Green knocks Ward out, I will consider it a fluke...or the 1 out of 10 a Puncher's Chance is...
Big Slim Sweet
Ward wins this fight going away, possibly surviving a scary moment or two.

Green just seems like a fighter destined to always come in second in big fights.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Imperius3 @ Jun 19 2010, 06:39 AM) *

I too think it might be more competitive than most people here think it will be. Most people say Kessler is crap but if that's the case why so much hype on Ward? I don't think he'll come in here trying to box. He will fight just like he did in the Miranda fight; on the inside, holding and hitting, let go, move around and repeat. He'll actually be risking more if he tries to fight Green from a distance than if he tries to take Green to the "dogyard", as Nazim Richardson would say.
Keith
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 19 2010, 12:07 PM) *
I too think it might be more competitive than most people here think it will be. Most people say Kessler is crap but if that's the case why so much hype on Ward? I don't think he'll come in here trying to box. He will fight just like he did in the Miranda fight; on the inside, holding and hitting, let go, move around and repeat. He'll actually be risking more if he tries to fight Green from a distance than if he tries to take Green to the "dogyard", as Nazim Richardson would say.

I agree with your assessment of how the fight will play out.

If it goes 12, the scorecards wont be as close as the fight probably is....Ward probably wins most of the swing rounds because its in Oakland. I see Ward winning 7-5 but we will probably get two 8-4's and a 9-3 card.
The CEO
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 19 2010, 12:07 PM) *

Most weren't sayin' Kessler was crap BEFORE the Ward fight...ofcourse, I was in the minority who KNEW he was crap...lol

I think the reason Ward's gettin' hype is because of the overall package he brings to the table and the way he presents himself...although he's pretty young, he comes across as a seasoned Champion...like you said, in addition to his extremely versatile and pure Boxing skills, he can tie up properly and get rough if need be...

All in all, I'm very impressed with this kid...and you will rarely hear me say that about any fighter of his age...he's grounded and exudes Class....he knows he's a work in progress and is only gettin' better and better...he's on the cusp of becoming an A- fighter.

Green, on the other hand, is somewhere between a C+ and a B-...

laugh.gif
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jun 19 2010, 02:55 PM) *
Most weren't sayin' Kessler was crap BEFORE the Ward fight...ofcourse, I was in the minority who KNEW he was crap...lol

I think the reason Ward's gettin' hype is because of the overall package he brings to the table and the way he presents himself...although he's pretty young, he comes across as a seasoned Champion...like you said, in addition to his extremely versatile and pure Boxing skills, he can tie up properly and get rough if need be...

All in all, I'm very impressed with this kid...and you will rarely hear me say that about any fighter of his age...he's grounded and exudes Class....he knows he's a work in progress and is only gettin' better and better...he's on the cusp of becoming an A- fighter.

laugh.gif

greene barely survived this fight.... didnt he make it up after that knockdown and the bell save him?
tottenham19
Ward by wide UD. Just a far superior boxer IMO.
The CEO
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 19 2010, 05:42 PM) *
greene barely survived this fight.... didnt he make it up after that knockdown and the bell save him?

Don't remember if the bell saved him or not there...Green came back to win though...as he SHOULD have...that was his former sparring partner who did him like that...

and believe me when I tell you...he was a BUM.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jun 19 2010, 06:10 PM) *
Don't remember if the bell saved him or not there...Green came back to win though...as he SHOULD have...that was his former sparring partner who did him like that...

and believe me when I tell you...he was a BUM.

i remember the fight... espn 2... i think i have the fight in my collection somewhere... i remember thinking green was done... speaking of being done my lil cuzzin that you play online will be moving down here to stay at my aunts for good which mean he'll be with me most of the time.. lol... so get ready for some online action... lol...
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jun 19 2010, 03:55 PM) *

laugh.gif

Oh I already knew you hate Kessler, no surprise there. I'm just saying how other people are downgrading Kessler but then giving high praise to Ward. Which was it? Is Ward the goods or is Kessler a bum?
neophyte7
ward is the goods. it is evident that greene is a piece of unmotivated shit who needs to give it up...
PR316
Ward vs Dirrell will be interesting now. I give Matrix a much better chance than Green because of the speed and Dirrell is busy.
The CEO
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 19 2010, 10:03 PM) *
Oh I already knew you hate Kessler, no surprise there. I'm just saying how other people are downgrading Kessler but then giving high praise to Ward. Which was it? Is Ward the goods or is Kessler a bum?

You know...I really don't HATE Kessler...he's a good, little momma's boy...I just critique the shit out of his Boxing and career to get to Calzaghe...who I REALLY hate...lol

QUOTE (PR316 @ Jun 19 2010, 11:26 PM) *
Ward vs Dirrell will be interesting now. I give Matrix a much better chance than Green because of the speed and Dirrell is busy.

Dirrell's facial gestures, words, and overall demeanor during this fight tells me he knows he's up against it...

Ward breaks into The Top 10 P4P on skills and styles alone...there isn't any competition for him.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jun 19 2010, 10:36 PM) *
You know...I really don't HATE Kessler...he's a good, little momma's boy...I just critique the shit out of his Boxing and career to get to Calzaghe...who I REALLY hate...lol

Dirrell's facial gestures, words, and overall demeanor during this fight tells me he knows he's up against it...

Ward breaks into The Top 10 P4P on skills and styles alone...there isn't any competition for him.

Just trying to rile you up CEO. I didn't know you hated Calzaghe though. I don't tend to hate guys, my HATE level is shameful compared to yours and Stevenski's but if there was one guy I dislike a bit it was Zaghe.

Regarding the Ward-Direll matchup: Direll is the fastes guy in the tournament but how will he deal with Ward's inside game and improved physical prowess? I do think Ward will box against Abraham, I don't expect him to try and chase down the Armenian.
JLUVBABY
last time i said this i got jumped.... i'll say it again... lol.. ward is a poor mans roy jones jr... he doesnt have those cat like reflexes of roy but he does a lot of things similar... ward has the better fundamentals than roy... i dont think he's as good as roy was in his prime, i know he's not actually, but he's the closest thing we'll probably ever see to that type of fighter...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.