Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aaron Pryor vs Manny Pacquiao
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Classic Boxing
SENTRAL
This is a true fight fans fight.  A genuinely mouth watering prospect, a clash that could not fail to set the pulses racing, to stand those hairs up on the back of your necks.  Beautiful violence.

I'm sure this will divide opinion, though being new to the board I'm not too familiar with the individual posters assessment of Pacquaio.  He's an idol on some boards, a living legend. So can Pacquaio beat Pryor?

So guys my take on this one is Manny has slightly faster hands but not superior enough to stop Pryor going shot for shot with him. Pryor may get stung, may have to get off the floor but here is a man who took flush shots from Arguello and kept on coming. Manny catches Pryor and Pryor gets mad. Thats how the guy was, he proved it in the Cervantes fight. This is a 15 round fight and Manny cannot live with the punch output of Pryor. We are looking at 100plus punches per round and even though Pryor could box with the best of them he had it in his heart to slug.  This tactic would prevail over Pacquaio and in my view we would be looking at a devastating 10th round knockout victory for Aaron in an epic war of attrition.
neophyte7
Pryor could stick and move with the jab like mayweather when he chose to... the guy was 5"6 and no welters wanted him. sugar ray leonard was scared to death of pryor... pac may be getting hyped but he aint no aaron pryor. Pryor outclasses and outslugs Pac
JonnyBlaze
I also pick Pryor in this fight..Pryor would outbox and either KO or decision Pac-man..Good match up..This would be an amazing fight with some definite fireworks..
mbills
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jun 18 2010, 10:46 PM) *
I also pick Pryor in this fight..Pryor would outbox and either KO or decision Pac-man..Good match up..This would be an amazing fight with some definite fireworks..

Yep.. All Around better fighter/boxer.
kidbazooka1
Hahahahha damn the Pacqiuao hate here is reaching new levels.

I like Pryor he was a bad man but Pacquiao was the all around the better and greater fighter. Manny was a bit faster and had a better chin than Pryor both are known for great conditioning though Pryor was known to get pretty reckless at times and against Manny that would cost him big time.

Manny by late rd stoppage or UD.
Big Slim Sweet
Aaron Pryor is the p4p king of mythical match-ups.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Jun 29 2010, 09:54 PM) *
Aaron Pryor is the p4p king of mythical match-ups.

Can't argue with this..
JLUVBABY
aaron pryor had the black bottle... pacs got freddie roach and ariza... great fight... i got pryor in an all time great slug fest...
PR316
Black bottle vs HGH... Lol....

I think Pacquiao wins. Its probably the greatest fight of all time. But in the end, Manny wins.

PS, Leonard would have DESTROYED Pryor. It would not have been pretty.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (PR316 @ Jul 21 2010, 09:28 PM) *
Black bottle vs HGH... Lol....

I think Pacquiao wins. Its probably the greatest fight of all time. But in the end, Manny wins.

PS, Leonard would have DESTROYED Pryor. It would not have been pretty.

Why wouldn't Leonard fight him then??Pryor was down on his luck and some top guys ducked him..
PR316
Looking at the style of the matchup, it would not have been a good one for Aaron.

Leonard was bigger, stronger, faster, had a better chin, and underrated KO power with either hand.

Leonard drops Pryor early and finishes him off in the middle rounds.
neophyte7
Pryor beat Hearns as an amatuer and hearns is huge... Ray wanted no parts of Aaron Pryor. He would have been all over his ass like Duran but with more speed, movement.
PR316
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Aug 17 2010, 09:28 PM) *
Pryor beat Hearns as an amatuer and hearns is huge... Ray wanted no parts of Aaron Pryor. He would have been all over his ass like Duran but with more speed, movement.

Yeah but Pryor could also be dropped. And when Leonard finds him with that left hook(And he would), I don't see Pryor surviving for too long.

Also, Pryor at 147 was not quite the fighter he was at 140. Ray was the bigger man. Stronger, faster, more powerful, and who wouldn't be intimidated in the least by him.

I think Leonard would have gotten him out in 8 rounds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.