Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: chavez jr. vs. duddy
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JLUVBABY
watched this earlier and chavez jr says something at 2:20 of this video that i find quite strange.... i guess you can take it however you wish... lol.... also, who are you guys picking in this one? i dont know who im going with yet... i give a slight edge to jr because of what he cant say about roach... lol...

SmartyBeardo
Thanks JLUV. Interesting vid. It will be interesting to see how The Little Roach's influence translates to the ring. I can't help pullin' for the guy, given the shadow he has to deal with.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 19 2010, 08:52 AM) *
Thanks JLUV. Interesting vid. It will be interesting to see how The Little Roach's influence translates to the ring. I can't help pullin' for the guy, given the shadow he has to deal with.

i like jr... win or lose i think he'll be a fun fighter to watch....
D-MARV
It's the roids????
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jun 19 2010, 04:48 PM) *
It's the roids????

i dont know... lol... i was joking... i dont think jr will beat the elite even if he was roided up... but i do think he'll be a fun fighter to watch.. he seems to be a fan friendly type of fighter...
kidbazooka1
Jr's looking pretty amn sharp i hope he stops Duddy brutaly.
neophyte7
DUDDY IS going to KTFO of Chavez JR
Jack 1000
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 20 2010, 08:18 PM) *

And in Texas, he'll need to do so to win. The WBC is already spinning the wheels for a Chavez Jr.-Margacheato showdown. No one will be doing Duddy any favors.

Jack
Mean Mister Mustard
This fight will be entertaining because both guys are evenly flawed. Chavez likes to take long breaks during fights, which enbles the guy to outwork him and Duddy has horrible defense, which always result in entertaining affairs.

According to RingTv, Chavez apppears to be clicking with Roach but the trainer admits that he has not had him for enought time to see Chavez doing everthing he has taught him.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 20 2010, 08:18 PM) *

Hahahaha no f*cking way.
neophyte7
Chavez is nothing special and DUDDY may not either but I think he is better prepared in terms of tough fights the Irishman will beat this hype job. DUDDY faced Howard Eastman took hard shots from a hard punching middleweight and beat him. Chavez JR has notHing on his resume and does not exhibit anything that points to him being able to take EASTMAN TYPE SHOTS. DUDDY is going to brutalize him...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 21 2010, 03:43 AM) *
Chavez is nothing special and DUDDY may not either but I think he is better prepared in terms of tough fights the Irishman will beat this hype job. DUDDY faced Howard Eastman took hard shots from a hard punching middleweight and beat him. Chavez JR has notHing on his resume and does not exhibit anything that points to him being able to take EASTMAN TYPE SHOTS. DUDDY is going to brutalize him...

Duddy couldn't brutalize a brown paper bag.
neophyte7
WE'LL SEE... CHAVEZ JR aint shit... living off his father's name. Duddy is going to beat the shit out of him. Duddy does not have a great resume, but Like I said Duddy has a win over Eastman... a hard punching middleweight who has been in with some greats... Chavez's resume is pitiful... Chavez JR will pissing taco sauce after this one...
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 21 2010, 07:05 AM) *
WE'LL SEE... CHAVEZ JR aint shit... living off his father's name. Duddy is going to beat the shit out of him. Duddy does not have a great resume, but Like I said Duddy has a win over Eastman... a hard punching middleweight who has been in with some greats... Chavez's resume is pitiful... Chavez JR will pissing taco sauce after this one...

Ok wanna sig bet?
neophyte7
What are the dynamics of a sig bet... I see guys throwing that challenge out... what does it entail... I might be willing because CHAVEZ JR is GARBAGE...
neophyte7
Fuck a sig bet... I just got done watching both fighters in previous bouts and I conclude that Duddy is more tested. Chavez's resume is pure shit... the purest. he has a huge noggin and I am predicting Duddy beats the shit out of him. Duddy was once talked of a an opponent for Pavlik (not that Pavlik is all that) I heard no talk of Chavez being ready for anyone. I say the Irishman has more heart and his chin has been tested. Chavez is getting beaten up.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 22 2010, 12:12 PM) *
Fuck a sig bet... I just got done watching both fighters in previous bouts and I conclude that Duddy is more tested. Chavez's resume is pure shit... the purest. he has a huge noggin and I am predicting Duddy beats the shit out of him. Duddy was once talked of a an opponent for Pavlik (not that Pavlik is all that) I heard no talk of Chavez being ready for anyone. I say the Irishman has more heart and his chin has been tested. Chavez is getting beaten up.

Hahahaha

Your tripping pal Jr's gonna beat the sh*t out of that bum just waite and see.
neophyte7
Would you care to elaborate on that which you have seen and against who... I am interested in knowing. I threw out Eastman and another Yuri Boy Campus... both not great but tough and better than anyone of Chavez's shit competition. Maybe I am missing something... But please honestly I have seen Chavez Jr multiple times and he appears slow and flatfooted. Sure he seems to have that Mexican toughness and agression, yet I have not seen him tested at all. Is it because he is like mayweather in his dominance? I saw the fight with Campas. It was give and take and Duddy answered Campas best in a fight of the year type war... Chavez has not been in those type trenches. Duddy has a great chin and unless I am blind Chavez has not displayed the type of power necessary for the Irishman.
BigG
Chavez JR will beat the shit out of Duddy. Will be a one-sided thrashing
neophyte7
Alright... Chavez is going to beat the shit of Duddy... I got it. I am changing my pick...
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 22 2010, 09:20 PM) *
Alright... Chavez is going to beat the shit of Duddy... I got it. I am changing my pick...

Glad you see it my way.
JLUVBABY
i cant believe imma order this ppv.... im hoping they keep it under 30 bucks... lol...
Jack 1000
Chavez-Duddy is not that bad of a fight, but it's certainly bullshit as a PPV. It's also bullshit because of how Arum plays the political game involving Mexican and Latin-American fighters. I hate the way that Arum plays his fighters:

1.) It's almost always gotta be against two guys that he controlls.

2.) If an opponent is someone that he doesn't control, he's got to make sure that the opponent is a tomato can who won't beat his boy.

3.) He'll cater to any Mexican-Latin American fan base for his stable of fighters thinking that they will by any Mexican/Latin-American superstar PPV, even if it's against a nobody. Do you guys think that Arum's atttitude doing it this way could almost be racist to Mexicans and Latin Americans? Could he just be assuming, "Oh, it's Chavez's kid and Mexican's love him, so I can throw him in there against anybody and they will buy it."

This is wrong, A quality fight should be a quality fight regardless of the fighter's ethnicity or nationality. People like the anticipation of a fair certain reason amount of risk involved against big punchers and big names. But there also has to be on the opponent side, a good chance for the opponent to win. And there is no way that Arum wants Duddy to win. There's no way that the WBC wants Duddy to win either. The big salivation for Arum and the WBC remains Margacheato vs. Chavez Jr. In Mexico for the newly created WBC Gold Platinum Belt for as Sulaiman might say: "Excellence and honor in boxing" for rising above injustice." (Margarito ban be damned) for glory and honor. You got Arum and Jose drinking the Kool-Aide and what's sad is that many others will follow. If you want to look at what's hurting boxing, This is it.

Chavez wins no matter what. Than watch Arum and Sulaiman try to build up Margarito like the ban never happened and how disgraceful the ban was to boxing.

Jack
salvador
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 25 2010, 08:38 PM) *
Chavez-Duddy is not that bad of a fight, but it's certainly bullshit as a PPV. It's also bullshit because of how Arum plays the political game involving Mexican and Latin-American fighters.

It really is bullshit the way Arum treats the Latino fans with all these PPVs.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (salvador @ Jun 25 2010, 09:04 PM) *
It really is bullshit the way Arum treats the Latino fans with all these PPVs.

this is very true but he will continue until the latinos stop supporting his cards... in this country (usa) latinos make up a very large portion of the fan base for fights... that is just a fact... but the latinos show brown pride (and i dont blame them) and support their fighters... arum knows what he's doing... he's a piece of shit....
Mean Mister Mustard
These guys are not high quality fighters and will lose the first time they face a real contender but this fight is evenly matched and should make for an entertaining fight. Too bad the undercard is mediocre.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 25 2010, 09:55 PM) *
These guys are not high quality fighters and will lose the first time they face a real contender but this fight is evenly matched and should make for an entertaining fight. Too bad the undercard is mediocre.

This is true. At least Chavez is fighting someone with a pulse, who on a good day can look good. Chavez many times can look like shit. Chavez Jr. won't lose a decision. But Arum's pulled worse PPV's than this.

Jack
salvador
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 23 2010, 11:41 AM) *
i cant believe imma order this ppv.... im hoping they keep it under 30 bucks... lol...

It's $39.95, which is a straight out "fuck you" to anyone who buys this piece of shit.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I think Duddy is going to beat him too. Chavez Jr. got his ass beat by Vanda two years ago. He was out on his feet against Vanda in that last round. Matt Vanda is from my state, and I love him to death. He trains hard and is a good fighter. However, he's never been a huge power puncher. If he can get Chavez Jr. out on his feet, imagine what Duddy is going to do. Duddy is tough and keeps coming. This is what Vanda did to him. He'll wear Chavez Jr. out, but will take him out in those late rounds. This is a 12 round fight, and Chavez Jr hasn't seen that. As already said, there is nobody on Chavez's resume that is close to Duddy. He's struggled against lesser fighters than this. I think Chavez wins the early rounds with his decent jab. However, he'll break down in those later rounds. I like Duddy to stop him in the 11th.

Can somebody please PM me a stream of this? If I find one I'll be sure to PM that out too. I wanna see this fight, but really don't want to pay 50 bucks to get it in HD.
neophyte7
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Jun 26 2010, 01:41 PM) *
I think Duddy is going to beat him too. Chavez Jr. got his ass beat by Vanda two years ago. He was out on his feet against Vanda in that last round. Matt Vanda is from my state, and I love him to death. He trains hard and is a good fighter. However, he's never been a huge power puncher. If he can get Chavez Jr. out on his feet, imagine what Duddy is going to do. Duddy is tough and keeps coming. This is what Vanda did to him. He'll wear Chavez Jr. out, but will take him out in those late rounds. This is a 12 round fight, and Chavez Jr hasn't seen that. As already said, there is nobody on Chavez's resume that is close to Duddy. He's struggled against lesser fighters than this. I think Chavez wins the early rounds with his decent jab. However, he'll break down in those later rounds. I like Duddy to stop him in the 11th.

Can somebody please PM me a stream of this? If I find one I'll be sure to PM that out too. I wanna see this fight, but really don't want to pay 50 bucks to get it in HD.

I said long ago Duddy batters Chavez Jr but perceived heretical so I backed off to wait and see who would come forth with some sense... I see it the same way and please ditto on the stream for me if possible
Romulus9
I absolutely refuse to pay 40 bucks for a fight when I know going in that one of the fighters will have to win TEN ROUNDS to get a draw.

We all know it.

Chavez. Alamodome. WBC. Haven't we played this game before?

The only thing that would be more insulting than the current scenario is would be if Top Rank's broadcast featured Chavez Sr. and Pernell Whitaker as part of the commentary team.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jun 26 2010, 02:46 PM) *
I absolutely refuse to pay 40 bucks for a fight when I know going in that one of the fighters will have to win TEN ROUNDS to get a draw.

We all know it.

Chavez. Alamodome. WBC. Haven't we played this game before?

The only thing that would be more insulting than the current scenario is would be if Top Rank's broadcast featured Chavez Sr. and Pernell Whitaker as part of the commentary team.

Brilliantly stated! The handwriting's on the wall for Chavez Jr. vs. Margacheato Noone wants Duddy to win. I am sure that we will already have the services of Lawrence Cole and Gale Van Hoy, just for some added protection for Chavez Jr.

Jack
JD
I want to see this...can I rationalize spending money to do so?

It's not the $40, it is the principle.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Jun 26 2010, 12:41 PM) *

hey kyle same here im working on trying to find one now...
Romulus9
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 26 2010, 08:08 PM) *
Brilliantly stated! The handwriting's on the wall for Chavez Jr. vs. Margacheato Noone wants Duddy to win. I am sure that we will already have the services of Lawrence Cole and Gale Van Hoy, just for some added protection for Chavez Jr.

Jack

Jon Schorle will be the referee.

Van Hoy or Caiz Sr. will probably make an appearance as a judge, if not both.

Chavez Jr. vs. Margarito would be insulting. Maybe Panama Lewis can train Captain Plaster and Luis Resto can work as the cutman. Just hit the sport in the balls with combinations instead of single shots.
JLUVBABY
i found a link if anybody wants it... hit me on im... imma be back and fourth on the puter so give me a sec if i dont answer right away...
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Thanks JLuv for the offer, I went out after work. I got home just in time for the main event, and found a good stream during the introductions. It was a solid fight. I truly thought Chavez would wear down, but he fought well. He got stunned good in the 6th, but it was all Chavez after that.
neophyte7
I ordered the match and have to admit it was an entertaining night. Barrera looked sharp.

Chavez jr was strong and he outlasted Duddy. That being said they better move to make some money dough off of him quickly due to his face first style. Last night took a few years off of his boxing life albeit in victory... arum is a joke matching his guys against each other.. He is talking of Yuri Foreman and Duddy in MSG. Good move maybe financially and probably good fight, just something about Arum I don't like especially after reading Shaw's words the other day on how he only wants to match his fighters against each other.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jun 27 2010, 08:08 AM) *
I ordered the match and have to admit it was an entertaining night. Barrera looked sharp.

Chavez jr was strong and he outlasted Duddy. That being said they better move to make some money dough off of him quickly due to his face first style. Last night took a few years off of his boxing life albeit in victory... arum is a joke matching his guys against each other.. He is talking of Yuri Foreman and Duddy in MSG. Good move maybe financially and probably good fight, just something about Arum I don't like especially after reading Shaw's words the other day on how he only wants to match his fighters against each other.

Didn't i tell you Jr was gonna whoop that Irishman.

I give Duddy props for hanging in there when the going got tough but he needs to stick to fighing D level comp.

neophyte7
LMAO u got it and called it.peace
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.