Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime@10PM(ET),9PM(CT),7PM (PT):Ward vs. Green (SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
For all on-going action and post fight reaction to Ward vs. Green.

Jack

Administrator
JLUVBABY
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I think Ward is going to dominate. If Green wants any shot he better come out agressive and land something big early. IF he does that this fight gets interesting. However, the way Ward has looked in his last two fights, I don't see that happening. Ward by wide UD.
Mean Mister Mustard
I never understood this "no talking during a fight" rule.
The CEO
5-0 Ward.

Description: Green holding, and Ward OWNING.

Showcasing styles and toughness...
Mean Mister Mustard
Ward reminding me of a young Hopkins. He looks a lot stronger than the last time we saw him.
salvador
Ward's turning the Super 6 into the Andre Ward Showcase.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Green looks defeated after round 8. He's been done since round four when Ward took his spirit. Ward's won every round, and is in complete control.
The CEO
LMAO...this is mean ass schooling...

Green looked like he wanted to take his ball and go home after the 6th round...

8-0 Ward.

How about that infighting?
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jun 19 2010, 10:56 PM) *
LMAO...this is mean ass schooling...

Green looked like he wanted to take his ball and go home after the 6th round...

8-0 Ward.

How about that infighting?

Reminds me of Hopkins with a tinge of Hatton the way he plants that chin on the chest and goes to work.
salvador
Andre Ward is shooting up the cool ladder like a rocket!

The CEO
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 19 2010, 10:57 PM) *
Reminds me of Hopkins with a tinge of Hatton the way he plants that chin on the chest and goes to work.

LOL...you're so retarded...not the Hopkins comparison though...

This is brutal on Green...mentally and physically...Ward's landed well over 50% of his total punches...

Green will never be the same...

11-0 Ward.
neophyte7
it is obvious that greene was not trying to win this bout for whatever reason... he should be thrown out of tourney
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jun 19 2010, 11:07 PM) *
LOL...you're so retarded...not the Hopkins comparison though...

This is brutal on Green...mentally and physically...Ward's landed well over 50% of his total punches...

Green will never be the same...

11-0 Ward.

I knew you would get the wrong idea about the Hatton refence. What I meant by that is that usually whenever a guy puts pressure he keeps a certain distance to get his bodyshots off. Hatton didn't do that, he would grab, get tight close and go to town to the body. The difference is that he was not as consistent as Ward is nor did he posses the defense, which is where Hopkins comes in because he has it.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
pure domination...120-108. Green got owned tonight.
salvador
Tarver's been great tonight.

That said, Ward ain't no Roy Jones.

And that was one lucky fucking punch that ended Roy's career.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (salvador @ Jun 19 2010, 11:13 PM) *

LOL poor Tatver, he gets no respect.

As for the Jones comparison made by Tarver; Hopkins is more like it. This kid obviously comes in with a gameplan, something that cannot be said by most guys in boxing.
HaydelHammer
green and the excuse a thon
HaydelHammer
jermain wouldn't have taken that sh*t from ward dammit.

BRING BACK JERMAIN. LOL
Mean Mister Mustard
So right now Ward has the lead with 4 points while Abraham is second with 3. He faces Froch next. Now, up to this point Froch has had relative success against guys who fight on the outside but this time he will be pressured by Abraham and with Froch's inconsistent defense I think he'll be put to sleep.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 19 2010, 11:21 PM) *
So right now Ward has the lead with 4 points while Abraham is second with 3. He faces Froch next. Now, up to this point Froch has had relative success against guys who fight on the outside but this time he will be pressured by Abraham and with Froch's inconsistent defense I think he'll be put to sleep.

I want abraham to stretch that whiny bitch out.
PR316
Ward vs Dirrell is next.
The CEO
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 19 2010, 11:10 PM) *
I knew you would get the wrong idea about the Hatton refence. What I meant by that is that usually whenever a guy puts pressure he keeps a certain distance to get his bodyshots off. Hatton didn't do that, he would grab, get tight close and go to town to the body. The difference is that he was not as consistent as Ward is nor did he posses the defense, which is where Hopkins comes in because he has it.

No I didn't...I said that because it seems like you always find a way to find some Hatton in a fighter, and that's an insult to those fighters...lol

Ward is basically not to be fucked with.....he's like a damn prime Hopkins/Mayweather hybrid...too much intelligence, too many skills and styles...I really dig his mean streak.
KookedKrack
Andre Ward has the tools to become great .......with that said Green is a fucking bum.
Big Slim Sweet
Ward is really starting to look legit. Really legit. Ward-Dirrell will be fun to watch.

As for Allan Green, is it too early to congratulate Mikkel Kessler on his advancing to the final four of the super six tournament?
JLUVBABY
i think abraham will be wards sternest test... he is solid as a rock and keeps coming... that will be the best fight of the tourney... im picking ward but abraham will be live...
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Jun 19 2010, 11:39 PM) *
Ward is really starting to look legit. Really legit. Ward-Dirrell will be fun to watch.

As for Allan Green, is it too early to congratulate Mikkel Kessler on his advancing to the final four of the super six tournament?

Kessler is going to MURDER green ass. Constant pressure in that euro style not wasting energy. We might see a towel flying in on this one.

and green will say his back was out or his cat sneezed on him or something after the fight.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Jun 19 2010, 10:57 PM) *
Kessler is going to MURDER green ass. Constant pressure in that euro style not wasting energy. We might see a towel flying in on this one.

and green will say his back was out or his cat sneezed on him or something after the fight.

what he will need to say is he had problems with his cat bleeding... lol...
The CEO
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Jun 19 2010, 11:57 PM) *

LOL!

Can't call Kessler-Green yet personally, HH...I say they're both C+ fighters as of right now...I'll go Kessler if it's across the pond though...that's for sure...lol

You say the constant, Eurostyle pressure would work against Green...I agree it probably would at its best...but Kessler-Froch looked like two blind monkeys throwing their feces at each other...their accuracy was horrendous...especially Kessler's...
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (The CEO @ Jun 20 2010, 12:10 AM) *
LOL!

Can't call Kessler-Green yet personally, HH...I say they're both C+ fighters as of right now...I'll go Kessler if it's across the pond though...that's for sure...lol

You say the constant, Eurostyle pressure would work against Green...I agree it probably would at its best...but Kessler-Froch looked like two blind monkeys throwing their feces at each other...their accuracy was horrendous...especially Kessler's...

yeah they (froch and kes) especially kessler pissed me off during that fight. They in there zero defense style yet nobody landing that BIG shot...it's like they agreed to just swing it out...etc yet NOT SWING and when they swung they looked like moose sh*t.

but the end is what got me with froch gay ass mad b/c he lost. That bastard actually think he would have got a W in the states vs dirrell? Even if it was home cooked, he can' tget mad....his punk ass got the same deal. talking about he only want to fight at home.

Bitch please....I'll strong arm his ass ski mask way in his crib and even steal the family pet cat to rub it in.
Byrd Man
you know it was a rough night for Green when his advisor hasn't updated his site yet for the fight results. lmao.
HaydelHammer
green had the longest list of excuses I ever heard...for real.

dude said "I went through three camps" .....Like we give a shit.

then he said he had to lose that one pound...came in at 166..took a lot out of him..etc ....so why join the tournament green? seriously?

then he says yeah I saw he (ward) was looking at my legs when we got in the ring...they were wobbly then.

then he says yeah after the fight I told him he could tell I was weak..etc.

who the fu*k talks themselves down like this? Why even show up? Not to mention tarver said in ROUND 2 or 3 he can't wait to hear green excuses lol

Rant off!!!
thehype
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jun 20 2010, 12:24 AM) *
you know it was a rough night for Green when his advisor hasn't updated his site yet for the fight results. lmao.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

laugh.gif

That may have been your best post ever Byrd Man.

laugh.gif

That might get you Team FightHype status.

laugh.gif

Of course, then again, seeing as how you actually still visit that site....hmmmmmmm...I don't know man....

laugh.gif
Byrd Man
QUOTE (thehype @ Jun 19 2010, 10:00 PM) *
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

laugh.gif

That may have been your best post ever Byrd Man.

laugh.gif

That might get you Team FightHype status.

laugh.gif

Of course, then again, seeing as how you actually still visit that site....hmmmmmmm...I don't know man....

laugh.gif

lmao. Man, I been telling people I go to all sites just to find any nugget of boxing information. Even that pathetic Doghouse boxing.

There's very few that I go to expecting to see anything of worth, though. lol
Byrd Man
Plus, I went there SPECIFICALLY after the fight to see what would be posted. something about how he wasn't feeling good or something.

I buy his excuses for the Miranda fight, just from what I've heard reported. the colon removal stuff and whatnot. That HAS to have a negative affect, and he still did alright (until the 10th round), but it appears his nickname should be changed to Allen "extenuating circumstances" Green
The Original MrFactor
Green is all talk, no action...Nuff said. he has the physique to beat a guy like Ward, however, he damn sure doesnt use his physical gifts. Ward can be outboxed, if you can keep him at the end of a jab. he moves in and out well. he also is a great gameplanner. you can tell he watches film. i'm starting to really like hi game. i hope to see more of this guy. i was very critical of him earlier in his career. but he's turning into one helluva fighter. I'm a believer. Dirrell may be his toughest match because Dirrell is the best pure boxer in the tourney, but i think he beats Dirrell in a similar manner to the way he beats Green. Wards biggest issue is going to be his lack of power down the road...

Ward vs. Chad Dawson will be the fight we scream for in 2011... Ward doesnt habve the power to really hurth Chad, but Chad doesnt have much power either. If they are still both undefeated in 2011, that could easily be the biggest fight for christmas next year.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Jun 20 2010, 12:11 AM) *
Green is all talk, no action...Nuff said. he has the physique to beat a guy like Ward, however, he damn sure doesnt use his physical gifts. Ward can be outboxed, if you can keep him at the end of a jab. he moves in and out well. he also is a great gameplanner. you can tell he watches film. i'm starting to really like hi game. i hope to see more of this guy. i was very critical of him earlier in his career. but he's turning into one helluva fighter. I'm a believer. Dirrell may be his toughest match because Dirrell is the best pure boxer in the tourney, but i think he beats Dirrell in a similar manner to the way he beats Green. Wards biggest issue is going to be his lack of power down the road...

Ward vs. Chad Dawson will be the fight we scream for in 2011... Ward doesnt habve the power to really hurth Chad, but Chad doesnt have much power either. If they are still both undefeated in 2011, that could easily be the biggest fight for christmas next year.

damn i hadnt even thought of this but you are right.. that would be one hell of a fight... thats a good one...
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Jun 20 2010, 12:33 AM) *
green had the longest list of excuses I ever heard...for real.

dude said "I went through three camps" .....Like we give a shit.

then he said he had to lose that one pound...came in at 166..took a lot out of him..etc ....so why join the tournament green? seriously?

then he says yeah I saw he (ward) was looking at my legs when we got in the ring...they were wobbly then.

then he says yeah after the fight I told him he could tell I was weak..etc.

who the fu*k talks themselves down like this? Why even show up? Not to mention tarver said in ROUND 2 or 3 he can't wait to hear green excuses lol

Rant off!!!

They should have let Tarver do the post fight with Green. he should have run his infamous line," got any excuses tonight Green?'
Jack 1000
Jeepers fuck!

Sparring partners put forth more effort than Green. Fuck him for the rest of this tournament and I say get Bute in there!

Disgusting performance. Green was worse than a sparring partner.

Jack
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 20 2010, 03:33 AM) *
Jeepers fuck!

Sparring partners put forth more effort than Green. Fuck him for the rest of this tournament and I say get Bute in there!

Disgusting performance. Green was worse than a sparring partner.

Jack

Does Green get Kessler next?? If so, expect Green to get stopped.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Jun 19 2010, 10:19 PM) *
jermain wouldn't have taken that sh*t from ward dammit.

BRING BACK JERMAIN. LOL

I was thinking that Taylor, dented chin and all, would have put up a stiffer fight than the shit display Green put on tonight.

Green is shit...
SENTRAL
Alan Green failed to show up. I mean seriously, did anyone tell him he was fighting for the title? A shut out is damn near what I expected but Green should have at least tried to make a fight of it. Ward was sublime, he would be the complete fighter if he had a bit of sting in his shots. That is his only flaw. Green needed a KO but he was backing off? Where was the left hook off the clinch, where was the aggression. I will avoid all Green fights in future. Then we get the excuses like we care, like we accept he was so poor because of those excuses? I think Ward potentially is the next p4p king but I only wish he had some power to back up his skills.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jun 20 2010, 02:48 AM) *
Ward reminding me of a young Hopkins. He looks a lot stronger than the last time we saw him.

Yup. He's juicing because any fighter that looks stronger & shows continuous improvement over the last time they fought is clearly a juicer.
Box in Hand
This fight was a classic case of the bully getting the fight taken to him and falling apart. Green is Cow Ass and needs to go away. He talked massive shit and lost eeeeeevvvvveeeerrrrryyyyy single round.
Maxy
Ward boxed the perfect fight, he denied Green the space to get the leverage for his big punches but he bores me to tears to be honest. I'm not a fan of the clinching and the head butting....OK, a little OTT but nah, as good as he might be I'm not a fan of Ward. Green was pathetic.
KENSOFINE
QUOTE (salvador @ Jun 19 2010, 11:13 PM) *

There's no such thing as a lucky punch in boxing. Tarver aimed and swung for his chin with the specific intention of landing it. Roy just didnt move out the way in time.
JD
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jun 20 2010, 03:33 AM) *
Jeepers fuck!

Jeepers fuck?
D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jun 20 2010, 04:32 AM) *
Yup. He's juicing because any fighter that looks stronger & shows continuous improvement over the last time they fought is clearly a juicer.

Except he is willing to do blood tests.
salvador
QUOTE (KENSOFINE @ Jun 20 2010, 08:05 AM) *
There's no such thing as a lucky punch in boxing. Tarver aimed and swung for his chin with the specific intention of landing it. Roy just didnt move out the way in time.

If a golfer aims at the flag on a par 3 and hits a hole in one, is that lucky? What if it's an amateur on his first time on a course and he hits a hole in one? Is that luck, even if he's aiming at the flag?

JLUVBABY
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.