Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Link Mayweather to Robinson, Pacquiao to Elorde or Klitschko to Pep
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
thehype
Okay, so I'm sure some of you may have heard of the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon game, where you basically try to link any actor through his/her film roles to Kevin Bacon within six steps.

Well...this is basically the same concept, except I'm curious to see who can find the shortest link between the fighters.

For example, if you were to try and link Manny Pacquiao to Julio Cesar Chavez, you might do something like:

Manny Pacquiao -> Oscar De La Hoya -> Julio Cesar Chavez

* Note: Oscar De La Hoya is essentially boxing's version of Kevin Bacon

Simple concept, but it can be trickier than you think.

So first up...an easy one...

FLOYD MAYWEATHER JR. TO SUGAR RAY ROBINSON

Or for those that want something a little more interesting...

MANNY PACQUIAO TO FLASH ELORDE

And for those that really want a challenge...

VITALI KLITSCHKO TO WILLIE PEP

Who's got the shortest link?
flazi
i cant wait to see the last one.
thehype
QUOTE (flazi @ Jun 22 2010, 03:22 PM) *
i cant wait to see the last one.

Seeing as how nobody has tried yet, I'm not even sure anyone can get the first one, let alone the last one.

laugh.gif

For the record though, they all can be done.
invertebrae
I found the second to be easier than the first. Here are two options...

Manny Pacquiao >> Oscar De La Hoya >> Derrell Coley >> Saoul Mamby >> Percy Hayles >> Flash Elorde

Manny Pacquiao >> Oscar De La Hoya >> Hector Camacho >> Ray Mancini >> Al Ford >> Percy Hayles >> Flash Elorde

...ryan
invertebrae
Here you go. Took all six degrees though!

Willie Pep >> Al Duarte >> Fernand Marcotte >> Ricky Thomas >> James Toney >> Samuel Peter >> Vitale Klitschko

...ryan
blackbelt2003
Ha ha, good shit.

Black
killer
QUOTE (thehype @ Jun 22 2010, 12:12 PM) *
Okay, so I'm sure some of you may have heard of the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon game, where you basically try to link any actor through his/her film roles to Kevin Bacon within six steps.

Well...this is basically the same concept, except I'm curious to see who can find the shortest link between the fighters.

For example, if you were to try and link Manny Pacquiao to Julio Cesar Chavez, you might do something like:

Manny Pacquiao -> Oscar De La Hoya -> Julio Cesar Chavez

* Note: Oscar De La Hoya is essentially boxing's version of Kevin Bacon

Simple concept, but it can be trickier than you think.

So first up...an easy one...

FLOYD MAYWEATHER JR. TO SUGAR RAY ROBINSON

Or for those that want something a little more interesting...

MANNY PACQUIAO TO FLASH ELORDE

And for those that really want a challenge...

VITALI KLITSCHKO TO WILLIE PEP

Who's got the shortest link?

pretty good ,going on ,i'm behind you

JonnyBlaze
Archie Moore to Chad Dawson??Lets see if it can be done..Anything involving Archie should be easy but I wanna see it done without doing it myself..hahaha..
lloyd mayflower
Moore>Ali>Berbick>Rahman>Ruiz>Jones>Woods>Johnson>Dawson is the best I can do. If I had more time maybe I could cut that down
mexi-cutioner
Moore--Ali--Berbick--Tyson--Golota--Adamek--Dawson

Best I could do, i had a hard time narrowing it down to one more
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
This should be called six degrees of boxrec. Good game though. I liked the Moore>Dawson one the best.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.