Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: David Haye
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
mrwigi
I just dont understand... Why make so much noise about how ur going to destroy them, and once they step out to fight, u cant be heard from.. I just dont understand... Can someone help me out please..Did i miss something in the last few months. Am i the only one that is wondering why there isnt a Haye Klit fight?
BGv2.0
I've been pretty understanding of many of Haye's moves PRIOR to this one.

I understood all the shit talking and the tasteless t-shirt to stir the Klits up. I even understood backing out of both fights with the Klits due to the restrictions they placed on him.

Taking the belt from Valuev made perfect sense.

AND....I even gave him kudos for the Ruiz win.

HOWEVER......this BOGUS F'N fight with what I consider to be one of the most overblown, useless, hype filled HW's ever.....Fraudley Harrison....I don't get it.

The ONLY reason for it has to be $$$$ that can be made from a fight between these two in England....other than that it's a totally useless fight IMHO that does NOTHING whatsoever for Haye.

I do see some method to all of his stalling, for sure in relation to Vitali.....every few months that go by Vitali gets older and slower, while Haye still has youth on his side.

I don't know if that is his purpose....but it would make sense if it was.

THEN if he could beat Vitali....he would be able to really set himself up for the harder test in Wlad.

Unlike most fight fans...I don't so much get aggitated with the talking and the stalling.....as long as he is fighting good comp while doing it....

BUT...this fight with Harrison is BS.

I can think of nearly 10 other HWs that would make more sense and still keep my respect for Haye intact.

I will say this....anything less than a blow out KO of Harrison will be unacceptable.
JD
The most recent offer was apparently 50 / 50 with no options.

JLUVBABY
i understand... haye is milking the title for what he can before the cash out.. he used the klits, and effectively i might add, to get his name in the media... he has no intention to fight either brother... what one of them should do is vacate and become number 1 in hayes division... lol... now that would be some funny shit right there...what would haye do then?
Maxy
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 24 2010, 12:58 PM) *
i understand... haye is milking the title for what he can before the cash out.. he used the klits, and effectively i might add, to get his name in the media... he has no intention to fight either brother... what one of them should do is vacate and become number 1 in hayes division... lol... now that would be some funny shit right there...what would haye do then?

It's obvious.

He'd relinquish his title and fight for the vacant one!

laugh.gif
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jun 24 2010, 12:11 PM) *
It's obvious.

He'd relinquish his title and fight for the vacant one!

laugh.gif

lol... we think alike maxy..... lol.. i believe he would give up that belt too...
D-MARV
QUOTE (JD @ Jun 24 2010, 12:14 PM) *
The most recent offer was apparently 50 / 50 with no options.

I actually read somewhere that that offer was NEVER made.
JD
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jun 24 2010, 02:37 PM) *
I actually read somewhere that that offer was NEVER made.

Yes...from Adam Booth.

But apparently that was refuted and he has said nothing since.
D-MARV
Gotcha... Haye definitely comes out looking like a bitch. He should target Vitali right now. He has a real shot against him.
JD
I mean...as I said, I would not care what Haye was doing, fight Harrison...fight Rahman...fight Adamek...get used to heavy, but man, after all that shit he talked, and after backing out of two fights, how can he be serious?
Megadeth
While I think Haye should man up and fight the elite of the division, I agree with BG in what his plan is.

Why fight the klitschko sisters when they are putting all crazy options on him. He just disposed of Ruiz in spectacular fashion once and for all. Now he is taking on Fraudley where he will make all kinds of money in England. If I were Haye I would do the same. This is a fight that has to happen immediately, Fraudley is coming off a nice win and most likely will lose his next match. If Haye wants this big money fight to happen in England he better do it before Fraudley market value is totally lost.

I find it kind of amusing that he is taunting the Klitschko's and making them wait. They always wanted to be heavyweight champions together and now they are, but there is also Haye as champ to. So they cannot totally say that they are ruling the division.

I know Audley is a tomatoe can, but at least i heard of his name and the name of most of his opponents. Some of these jokers the klitschkos are fighting have no recognition at all. Hell i dont think any of us even heard of the last guy vitali fought.
ROLL DEEP
I too understand why he stirred shit up with the Klit bro's, fought for the WBA title and got a good win in Ruiz under his belt.....however I CANNOT BELIEVE he is fighting Harrison. What a load of crap.

If he wanted to fight Harrison, he should've done that BEFORE fighting Valuev. Hell, he should've done that before fighting Barrett - not AFTER winning the WBA strap and challenging the Klit bro's.

I like Haye. This has pissed me off and I don't agree with it, but hopefully dispose of Harrison easily and move onto a better fight in the Klit bro's.

If Harrison were to win, that would be DEVASTATING not just to the division, but to boxing. Having a joker like Harrison with a world heavyweight title? C'mon! Everyone in the UK thinks Audley is a joke so him having a title would be terrible. Boxing would become a laughing stock.
thehype
QUOTE (Megadeth @ Jun 24 2010, 03:36 PM) *
I know Audley is a tomatoe can, but at least i heard of his name and the name of most of his opponents. Some of these jokers the klitschkos are fighting have no recognition at all. Hell i dont think any of us even heard of the last guy vitali fought.

James Toney is a better name...or Hasim Rahman, or Shannon Briggs, or Evander Holyfield, or ANYONE who's actually accomplished something at heavyweight. Fighting Harrison is a disgrace and a slap in the face to all boxing fans...but hey, if someone is going to be dumb enough to buy a ticket to that garbage, I can't knock the man for getting his hustle on. LOL.
Maxy
I don't know why everyone appears so convinced that Haye is fighting Harrison next. Yeah boxrec has it scheduled but absolutely nothing has been signed. Haye could well be using Harrison as a bargaining tool in his negotiations with the Klits....

The two camps have had only one meeting and although it would obviously generate big money in the UK, it would look bad on Hayes part if he took this fight.

Lets stop jumping the gun here.
SENTRAL
FRAUD - a deception deliberately practised in order to secure unfair or unlawful gain.

Yep, Haye is assuming a false pose, he is officially an imposter and to defend this travesty would only be cheating yourself.
d843
QUOTE (mrwigi @ Jun 24 2010, 10:34 AM) *
I just dont understand... Why make so much noise about how ur going to destroy them, and once they step out to fight, u cant be heard from.. I just dont understand... Can someone help me out please..Did i miss something in the last few months. Am i the only one that is wondering why there isnt a Haye Klit fight?
Simple,Haye is a fucking BITCH
tottenham19
Haye is a complete joke.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (JD @ Jun 24 2010, 02:26 PM) *
I mean...as I said, I would not care what Haye was doing, fight Harrison...fight Rahman...fight Adamek...get used to heavy, but man, after all that shit he talked, and after backing out of two fights, how can he be serious?

if he fought adamek i'd take that as a serious title defense.... but yeah you right he has put his foot too far in his mouth... he needs to stand by his words and fight one of those boys... even if he loses at this point he's moved up and won a belt... he's not gonna beat either one of those guys tho i agree it would APPEAR vitali is the guy to go after but even he i think would be up to a different level of his game for a fight with haye... lol... there are a few other heavies tho i think can beat haye as well... adamek, solis and povetkin i think can beat haye right now and i think sosnowski and arreola give him a damn good fight as well.. i also would be interested in seeing how he stands up to the shots of samuel peter or shannon briggs... with that said i hope audley brings it back to his early days and makes a go of this cuzz haye deserves to be exposed... not picking him by any stretch but i'll be rooting for audley in this one..
Warlord
QUOTE (JD @ Jun 24 2010, 03:26 PM) *

This has gotten bad karma written all over it. I can totally see Harrison pulling off the upset and getting a nice payday to go get himself squashed against Vitali.
JD
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jun 25 2010, 12:53 AM) *
This has gotten bad karma written all over it. I can totally see Harrison pulling off the upset and getting a nice payday to go get himself squashed against Vitali.

I agree. I can totally see Haye coming in to make some sort of statement about how bad he is, with or without the Klitschko's, and getting clipped.

I hope it happens.
D-MARV
Part of me would like to see Haye getting caught with something terrible as well. Harrison is very capable of closing his eyes and swing for the fences. This is not a good look at all for Haye.
Maxy
I've said it already, I'll say it again. NO DEAL has been DONE for Haye to fight Harrison....

David Haye
"I haven't talked to Audley's team, to be honest. I've read it in numerous newspapers but I don't take any notice of that.

"I looked on one of the boxing websites the other day and they even had a date for the fight. That made me laugh.

"At the moment, we're talking to the Klitschkos, trying to make that deal. Audley's just trying to get some headlines.

"If, by some miracle, I ended up in the same ring as him, I think everybody with half a brain cell would know what the result would be. I would go out there and mince him."
D-MARV
Well, I'm glad to see that. Thanks Maxy.

JD
A while ago I said that I thought Haye and his team were going to wait...wait...wait without responding to Wlad. When Wlad decided to move forward with Povetkin, they would come out and claim that Wlad clearly did not want to fight them.

That is what is going to happen.
Maxy
QUOTE (JD @ Jun 25 2010, 09:43 AM) *
A while ago I said that I thought Haye and his team were going to wait...wait...wait without responding to Wlad. When Wlad decided to move forward with Povetkin, they would come out and claim that Wlad clearly did not want to fight them.

That is what is going to happen.

You may turn out to be correct but at the minute it's all guessing games. All I'm saying is as of the current time Haye reckons he's in talks with the Klits and he hasn't signed to fight Harrison.

We all know that if Haye does indeed fight Harrison he will be doing it for the money and it'll make him look a proper twat, especially in America.
BGv2.0
I know most of us in this thread think Harrison is totally useless....but I really have to wonder about his value as a named commodity in England.

Like I stated before...although I don't understand it....this matchup might actually be worth something in England. AND....IF...that is the case...then I do get it to a point.

It's the same reason the Klits fights nobodies in Germany....because despite us here in the states HATING the matchups...they still get large sums of money for doing it....

So you really can't blame Haye for taking the same road.

Money is money.

England seems to have a few HWs that for whatever reason STILL generate cash.....Williams, Sprott, Skelton, Francis and Harrison have been selling this BS over there for YEARS now....and it's always generated asses in the seats.

Maybe it's a riverly thing....

Any inside view on this Roll?

AND.....just my humble opinion.....anybody who thinks Fraudley has a chance in hell with Haye is living in a fantasy world. Fraudley is one of only a few fighters who I recall their legs shaking with fear when in with an opponent. Cannot recall who it was with.....somebody really lame...on an ESPN outing....when they first started to attempt to introduce him to America. He got the win....but was scared shitless through the first few rounds.

Audley sucks.

Warlord
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jun 25 2010, 12:50 PM) *
Audley sucks.

I don't think anyone is debating that, brother. laugh.gif I don't like Harrison anymore than probably his own momma does, coming out to the ring with those awful little braids, but let's not muck about. Haye ain't exactly a world-beater himself. It's not inconceivable to imagine him getting clipped and then stopped by just about any halfway legit heavyweight on the planet.
darroy
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jun 24 2010, 01:51 PM) *
Gotcha... Haye definitely comes out looking like a bitch. He should target Vitali right now. He has a real shot against him.

yeah david haye's got a real shot at being decapitated! i don't think he stands a chance with either brother honestly. maybe wlad if he can catch him with something but i don't see that happening. wlad's been stopped on a few occasions but against purrity and brewster he was more punched out than hurt. against corrie sanders he was most def caught and tko'd but i really don't think haye is the puncher sanders was.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (darroy @ Jun 26 2010, 04:54 PM) *
yeah david haye's got a real shot at being decapitated! i don't think he stands a chance with either brother honestly. maybe wlad if he can catch him with something but i don't see that happening. wlad's been stopped on a few occasions but against purrity and brewster he was more punched out than hurt. against corrie sanders he was most def caught and tko'd but i really don't think haye is the puncher sanders was.

haye is def. punching as hard as sanders... but in my opinion hayes chin is in as much question as wladimirs...
D-MARV
I can see Haye outboxing Vitali to a decision. Haye has to land something big against Wladimir.
Maxy
To be brutally honest, it's actually pretty sweet having a Brit heavyweight creating all this attention...be it negative or otherwise. I mean, we don't generally get too many world class heavyweights...

I don't want Haye to duck the Klits....but if he does I'll be there with everybody else who gives him a right old proper slagging.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Megadeth @ Jun 24 2010, 12:36 PM) *

It's not the brothers fault that the division isn't exactly popping. They're fighting damn near everyone.

I actually wrote about this on my blog, which you can read the entire post HERE:

While I would agree that the division isn't as good as it could be, I think it's not appropriate to say that they would not succeed against better competition. I think that while their styles could be more interesting, and they could perhaps take more chances and go for the kill, you can only blame them for their competition so much. At a certain point people should realize that it's not the Klitchko’s fault that there's no one out there that can match them right now.

As for their level of competition, I'm not sure what more they can do. They're taking out nearly the entire heavyweight division.

In the last two years alone Wladimir has defeated Eddie Chambers, Ruslan Chagaev, Hasim Rahman, Tony Thompson, Sultan Ibragimov, while Vitali has dispatched Samuel Peter, Juan Carlos Gomez, Chris Arreola, Kevin Johnson and Albert Sosnowski. The remaining top ranked fighters that they have yet to face, for the most part are due to circumstances out of their control.

Looking at ESPN and The Ring's Top 10 Heavyweight Rankings, there's only six fighters between the two lists that they have not faced.

Nikolai Valuev (ESPN #7, RING #8) and his promoter Don King have priced themselves out of a fight with Vitali. David Haye (ESPN #3, Ring #2) has repeatedly backed out of fights with both Wlad and Vitali, and Tomasz Adamek is not ready to face either one, by his own admission.

Alexander Povetkin (ESPN #4, Ring #3) is negotiating with Wlad right now, after being his mandatory since 2008, but many suspect his recent demand for Wlad to take blood tests (which has been rejected) is a ploy to avoid the fight, due to his trainer Teddy Atlas believing he's not ready yet.

That leaves two fighters on either list that neither one has faced, those two being Alexander Dimitrenko (Ring #9) and Denis Boytsov (Ring #7).

Dimitrenko just suffered a loss to Eddie Chambers who got blown out by Wladimir. That only leaves Denis Boytsov, who's biggest name on his resume is Vinny Maddalone.

Outside of those two lists, two other names that I've heard bandied about as potential opponents for the Klitschkos are Odlanier Solis and James Toney.

Toney is washed up and is only good at running his mouth. While he'd no doubt make the press conferences and lead up to the fight entertaining and interesting, the actual fight would be a boring fight ending up as the other Klitschko fights do, with a late KO or a decision.

Solis is suddenly trash talking and saying that Vitali needs to stop fighting "bums" and face him. This is hilarious, considering the biggest name on Solis' resume so far is a win over Monte Barret. If Monte freaking Barret is your biggest win, then you have no business talking about the level of competition of anyone.

Bottom line is this: Yes, the Heavyweight division is lacking a strong challenger to the Klitschko thrones, but that's not their fault. They fight who is there. They've tried to make fights with David Haye (despite Haye being completely unworthy of a shot) and Valuev, but they don't seem to want to make the fights. The only remaining people to fight are washed up former title holders, or up and coming fighters who haven't gotten the experience or the skills to take on either Wlad or Vitali.

The only legitimate criticism of the Brothers Klitschko is that they don't have that killer instinct. That they fight safe, and are content to jab their way to a boring decision. And that's true, although I suspect if Haye ever puts his courage and his pants together, and gets into the ring with him, we will see a more ferocious Wladimir than we've ever seen before.
BGv2.0
"We will see a more ferocious Wladimir than we've ever seen before".

WHICH....I've always said...may be part of Haye's plan.

Because a "more ferocious Wlad" is a more open Wlad...which suits a puncher well.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jun 28 2010, 09:59 AM) *
"We will see a more ferocious Wladimir than we've ever seen before".

WHICH....I've always said...may be part of Haye's plan.

Because a "more ferocious Wlad" is a more open Wlad...which suits a puncher well.

That may be, however Haye may have made a mistake because I'd be willing to wager Wlad can take a HW punch better than Haye can.

Wlad has gone down, but I don't think Haye can get to Wlad before Wlad can get to Haye.

How many punches by Haye is it going to take to put Wlad down for good? How many punches from Wlad is it going to take to put Haye down for good?

Fitz
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jun 29 2010, 04:15 PM) *
How many punches by Haye is it going to take to put Wlad down for good? How many punches from Wlad is it going to take to put Haye down for good?

One good punch from each would be sufficient.
JD
I don't think Wlad's chin is as bad as many make it out to be...I think it is more of a nerve issue, and in many ways, he seems to have worked past that.

Even against Peter when he was still shaky and down three times, he was never hurt; just all wound up the moment he got near his chin.

streetlion1
Haye looks like he is full of shit....but breaking down a fight between him and Wlad I think Haye would have a chance. If he can give the Klit sister angles and use his own jab he can win a decision. However it will only take one punch to change things for Klit...I dunno if Haye will be able to avoid getting rocked because he is gonna have that jab in his face also.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JD @ Jun 29 2010, 08:13 AM) *
I don't think Wlad's chin is as bad as many make it out to be...I think it is more of a nerve issue, and in many ways, he seems to have worked past that.
Even against Peter when he was still shaky and down three times, he was never hurt; just all wound up the moment he got near his chin.

laugh.gif

Only reason he "worked past it" is cause there has been NO ONE who can get near his chin these last few years. The division is garbage, and yes Wlad is good too, but I guarantee you once someone touches that chin again a few times, he's going to sleep again. Question is can anyone do it?
Byrd Man
King Eugene
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jun 30 2010, 04:15 AM) *

I got an ESPN alert yesterday morning about that fight being signed.
JD
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jun 30 2010, 02:52 AM) *
laugh.gif

Only reason he "worked past it" is cause there has been NO ONE who can get near his chin these last few years. The division is garbage, and yes Wlad is good too, but I guarantee you once someone touches that chin again a few times, he's going to sleep again. Question is can anyone do it?

I saw Calvin Brock hit him on the spot and he was fine. As mentioned, Peter hit him and it was more nerves than anything else...he was never hurt, just went into a "oh shit...not again" scenario. More recently no one has come near his chin. Conversely, I saw Haye dropped against Monte Barrett, though it was not ruled a KD...and I saw him get buzzed against Ruiz. Now I am not saying Wlad has a good chin, I am saying that I will take it over Haye's and in many ways, it is made out to be worse than it actually is.

As for the headline...LOL...well, it is basically as I expected. They were going to wait and wait and wait some more...the moment Wlad moved in another direction, suddenly Haye was being ducked.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (JD @ Jun 30 2010, 08:25 AM) *
Now I am not saying Wlad has a good chin, I am saying that I will take it over Haye's and in many ways, it is made out to be worse than it actually is.

The guy's hit the canvas something like 12 times over his career....and he's been KO'd UGLY 3 times by crap opposition.

there is no way..."it's made out to be worse than it actually is".

The guy just knows how to protect it better now....which means NEVER taking risks and winning boring fights.

But that chin is still the same....you just have to bust him in the mouth.

Which I admit....is easier said than done.

ROLL DEEP
I think Vladimir's chin has gotten better due to his confidence improving.

A fighter who suffers a bad loss has their confidence shook and it DOES effect their chin.

It's still FAAAAAAR from sturdy though. As is Haye's.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Jun 30 2010, 04:37 PM) *
I think Vladimir's chin has gotten better due to his confidence improving.

A fighter who suffers a bad loss has their confidence shook and it DOES effect their chin.

It's still FAAAAAAR from sturdy though. As is Haye's.

Yeah, it has gotten better because it has not been touched. Liddell's chin was better until it got touched. Big John Tate's chin was good enough to beat Mike Weaver in a 12 round fight. Unfortunately for Big John it was a 15 round fight. Most casual fans figured his chin had improved as a pro since his 1st round loss in the 76 Olympics to Teofilio. It just had not been hit by a solid shot.

You can train all day and all night. You can be the best boxer in the world. But you either have a chin or you don't. Once you don't, you aint getting it back. Your only hope is to protect it from dudes with chins and a big punch.
tottenham19
Only reason Wlad hasn't been getting his glass chin touched is that he has built his boring style around protecting it by taking zero risk...

If Haye touched it clean, Wlad would go down; however, I predict -- and hope for -- the exact opposite happening. As much as I dislike the Klitschko bros fighting style, I cannot bring myself to root for Haye...
Jack 1000
I don't know if this has been brought up in this thread. But I feel that David Haye is untested at heavyweight and may be chinney. What about him and as crazy as it sounds Holyfield? Think about it. Holyfield has always done his best against smaller fighters. Keep in mind that everyone except three judges and WBA President Gilberto Mendoza had Holyfield EASILY beating Valuev. Haye may have beat Valuev, but was anything but inspirational.

If Holyfield came in motivated as ever, and Haye did all the talking with his mouth and went through a sparring session in the ring, could Holyfield pull this off, and how would the fight go?

Jack
JD
The Klitschko camp would have been more than fair had they offered 60 / 40 or even 65 / 35...but this offer is generous, the simple fact is that Haye does not want the fight.

As I said, I would not have cared in the least if he did his thing without all the bluster, but after all the shit he talked...to back out twice, and then turn down an offer that you don't even deserve? Yeah...eff Haye.
Maxy
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 7 2010, 07:21 AM) *
Pretty much. If you are going to trash talk, you have to be prepared to do it in the ring. Like I said above, I like Haye, but you can't defend this, and it's being a pussy.

That sums up how I feel as well, although in the back of my mind I keep cutting him some slack, like something good is gonna happen just around the corner......
Jack 1000
On Haye-Holyfield,

I would agree,

Holyfield too old. The Toney beating. Although for the first four rounds that fight was pretty even. But after that it was a massacre. But damn, if they might be throwing around Brian Nielson?!!! Ummmm............somehow that makes Holyfield not that old. hahaha.

Jack
thehype
...is a bitch!

Oh...my bad...I thought this was one of those "complete the sentence" type of threads.

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.