Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV:6PM (PT) 8PM (CT) 9PM (ET) Chavez vs. Duddy
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Jack 1000
For all comments on the fight. Streaming is only permitted through e-mails or PM's.

Jack

Administrator
JLUVBABY
i just couldnt get my self to order this one... im itching too but just cant... i dont like the undercard and 40 is just too much for this... if anyone has a good link please shoot it my way... thanks...
salvador
I'm embarassed to say that I bought this. That said, I'm a happy to say that so far the undercard has been good. So far everyone's come to FIGHT. what a concept.

salvador
I really hope Barrera has some money set aside. He has no business fighting the top guys at 140.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (salvador @ Jun 26 2010, 10:06 PM) *
I really hope Barrera has some money set aside. He has no business fighting the top guys at 140.

man he's a very far cry from the night he fought kennedy mckenny.. wow that was a f-in fight!!!!
JLUVBABY
showtimes strikeforce was the fights of the night so far... fedor just got owned... cris cyborg dominated.... lets hope chavez vs duddy tops it....
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
That John duddy is one tough SOB. The fight went exactly as expected until about round 8. Chavez started strong and hit Duddy with everything. In round six Duddy stunned Chavez Jr. pretty good, but didn't follow up that much. He seemed to be getting Chavez to fight his fight, and seemed to be wearing Chavez down. However, Chavez won every round after that. In rounds 8-12 he put a hellacious beating on Duddy, and really started stunning him. I can't believe Duddy didn't go down or get stopped. He was hit with everything. I really thought Chavez was going to wear down tonight, but he showed toughness and good conditioning. He really fought well tonight, and will get a big fight in the future.
Mean Mister Mustard
Good for Chavez but I hope no one will jump on his bandwagon and start saying Roach molded him into a HOF. He might do it one day but tonight he was in against a guy who doesn't know what defense is.
SmartyBeardo
The son inches a bit closer to the edge of The Shadow.
Hops
Kylee,

Yeah. I also thought Chavez will run out of gas. He didn't. Must have been something Ariza gave him. He even mimicked Pacquiao and invited Duddy to hit him. I think Chavez's still on PED's.
JLUVBABY
roach has his whole gym juiced up.. on an unfunny note tho i noticed his parkinsons is getting worse... you can see it in his neck and facial muscles when he tries to talk... i wouldnt wish that affliction on anyone... it killed my grandmother...
JLUVBABY
call me crazy but i think young julio beats cotto... thats a good fight now and is a good test to tell both fighters where they are at...
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 27 2010, 12:12 AM) *
call me crazy but i think young julio beats cotto... thats a good fight now and is a good test to tell both fighters where they are at...

Great thought. I could see Arum pitting Cotto against Chavez Jr. in the future. Keeps money in house and the PPV could probably generate some decent numbers
kidbazooka1
I was really impressed by Jr tonight even though i expected him to beat Duddy i thought it would have been much closer. I give Roach props cause the Jr from his last fight would have struggled big time with Duddy instead of trying to fight like his old man he actually used his jab and height more often than before. This was justhi sfirst fight with Freddy but if he can continue to improve i agree with Jluve i could see Chavez beating Cotto.
salvador
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jun 27 2010, 02:12 AM) *

ok, you're crazy.

Cotto would pick him apart with his jab.

And no way does Arum risk it. Did you see how many people were at the Alamodome? Chavez is one of the biggest draws in the sport and Cotto would expose him.

d843
QUOTE (salvador @ Jun 27 2010, 07:09 AM) *
ok, you're crazy.

And no way does Arum risk it. Did you see how many people were at the Alamodome? Chavez is one of the biggest draws in the sport and Cotto would expose him.
Cotto would beat the breaks off his monkey azz.Bob would never risk it,cotto would have to lose again & I don't see that happening anytime soon.
neophyte7
CHAVEZ JR won, but if he gets hit like that in a few more fights he will be done in the sport in two years time. And is it me or does his father look weird in the face... looks like he had plastic surgery or something?
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (salvador @ Jun 27 2010, 06:09 AM) *
ok, you're crazy.

not disagreeing that cotto would win now... But I could see arum in two years setting this fight up when cotto is nearly done perhaps setting up a win to propel Chavez... And say cotto was to win I'm sure the puerto Rico vs Mexico build up would put alot of money in arums pocket especially since their house fighters. I mean honestly would a loss to cotto lose fans?? It's obvious his fans are die hards if they keep shelling out 25 bills for these lousy Latin fury cards
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (salvador @ Jun 27 2010, 08:09 AM) *
ok, you're crazy.

Chavez is a huge draw and will get bigger if he sticsk with Roach and stays focused. I could honestly see Jr ekeing out a close decision over Cotto. At 6'2 Jr would tower over Cotto I could see Arum going for this one asap alot of money to be made HBO might even wanna do a 24/7 on this one given Jr's background.
JLUVBABY
i say that cuzz yes jr got hit with some shots but cotto is not a defensive wizard either... and young julio seems to be using his height a lot better and utilizing his boxing skill a lot more than in the past... say what you want but chavez jr is not feather fisted like foreman... if foreman had a punch he would have had some moments in that fight... he just couldnt dent cotto where jr, although not a devastating puncher, has enough power to at least earn cottos respect... i think its a legit fight, and very winnable for young julio...
D-MARV
JLuv, you my boy BUT you're crazy! Cotto DESTROYS JCC Jr. If Jr did beat Cotto, Alex Ariza should be arrested on the spot.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jun 27 2010, 08:18 PM) *
JLuv, you my boy BUT you're crazy! Cotto DESTROYS JCC Jr. If Jr did beat Cotto, Alex Ariza should be arrested on the spot.

No doubt Cotto should be the favorite but I think many will be suprsised at how competitve Jr. could be if he sticks to a game plan. Like i said I think Chavez can pull off a win i wouldn't bet on it but i think Cotto's slight decline and Jr's height and reach can give him lots of trouble.
neophyte7
Duddy has a tremendous chin... and I don't think the chin of Cotto can withstand the young Chavez Jr, although he cannot take many more fights like he and Duddy had and expect to be around more than a few years. Cotto would have to execute a perfect game plan where the jab is continuous.
tottenham19
Duddy = no defense whatsoever, but a hell of a chin.

Cotto > Chavez Jr
Foreman > Duddy
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jun 27 2010, 07:18 PM) *

lol... d-marv im not sold on cotto not being damaged goods after the margarito fight and the pac beat down..... i agree with you that cotto would have to be considered the favorite going in but i will tell you what i saw in the fight with duddy that tells me chavez jr is more than competitive with cotto... the kid showed he is willing to bite down and gut it out in the trenches if he has to and i think his chin will stand up as long as its not repeatedly blasted on i think... with that said, unlike foreman, jr has a punch that will at least make cotto respect him before just coming in... with that said jr showed that under roach he's learning a lot more and fighting more the style of a long boxer puncher that he should be using... i talk a lot of shit on roach but juicing his fighters or not they have to have the technique as well to make it and you can see a difference in jr as a fighter as compared to his last time out.. like i originally said its a fight that cotto will take his share of punishment in... cotto should be the favorite but i would be more shocked if cotto white washed this kid rather than this being a very close competitive fight either way.. at this point in the game jr stands a very good shot at beating cotto and if the fight isnt made the more jr fights guys of the duddy type the better chance a win becomes for him but i think he's ready for that test now... IF that fight is made sooner than later expect jr to win it... arum stands to make a lot more with jr in the longrun than with a shopworn cotto..
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (tottenham19 @ Jun 28 2010, 09:51 PM) *

Cotto > Chavez Jr
Foreman > Duddy

id go with your cotto prediction before id go with foreman over duddy.. just my opinion but cotto showed how pressure bothered the hell out of foreman and duddy would bring it all night long and not having to worry bout getting hurt i could see duddy getting him out of there....
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (tottenham19 @ Jun 28 2010, 09:51 PM) *

Cotto > Chavez Jr
Foreman > Duddy

id go with your cotto prediction before id go with foreman over duddy.. just my opinion but cotto showed how pressure bothered the hell out of foreman and duddy would bring it all night long and not having to worry bout getting hurt i could see duddy getting him out of there....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.