Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Concscience's name has been officially changed to Douchebag
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
rusty_trombone
So, I'm not doing this to blow up The Conscience's spot, I have no qualms with him. I'm not doing this to blow up whoevers spot that changed his name, I'm doing this because people need to be informed of this hilarity. I have a suspicion who did it, and thank you.
Fitz
Haha. I think it's funny, but I have always been against moderators and administrators using powers to get the upper hand in personal beefs. I have always felt that the admins and moderators should monitor the forum and do what they have to do. If they get into a beef with someone, they settle it like any regular member.
I just always found it unfair that you can pull rank and gain the upper hand like that. Kind of like bringing a weapon. You know the saying, a fair fight with fists. I feel the same with admins and other members. Keyboards vs keyboards.
It's funny looking at it, I just don't think it's fair. I had the same opinion when I think someone constantly changed 'TheWhiteBuffalo's' posts. That's just me though, different rules for different boards I suppose.
laugh.gif
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 28 2010, 08:21 PM) *
Haha. I think it's funny, but I have always been against moderators and administrators using powers to get the upper hand in personal beefs. I have always felt that the admins and moderators should monitor the forum and do what they have to do. If they get into a beef with someone, they settle it like any regular member.
I just always found it unfair that you can pull rank and gain the upper hand like that. Kind of like bringing a weapon. You know the saying, a fair fight with fists. I feel the same with admins and other members. Keyboards vs keyboards.
It's funny looking at it, I just don't think it's fair. I had the same opinion when I think someone constantly changed 'TheWhiteBuffalo's' posts. That's just me though, different rules for different boards I suppose.
laugh.gif

yeah, but regardless of the implications of what it has on membership, it's pretty funny. if i was in an argument or something with a mod, and they did it to me, i think i would say "touche sir" and laugh. it's pretty funny.
Fitz
No, I'm not even talking about implications of membership. I am just talking about a fair e-fight, lol. If the fight isn't serious enough for a member to get banned, battle it out like regular members like me and you I say.
I would be a little distraught knowing myself e-battling someone. You are saying some funny and witty stuff (not saying that this is what the Conscience is doing, lol), doing very well, then all of a sudden you come in and see that someone just changed your name.
I would be like, man......wtf. Where is the fun in that.

That said, I'm pretty sure I know who it was, as we all do. He is my man, but the thing is, he didn't need to do anything like that. He was handling him, and that thread in the financial thread was one of the best beatdowns I have seen on these boards and that is no lie.
That's what I like to see, people battle it out keyboard vs keyboard, and what we saw in that thread is what we live for on forums. Now that's doing it the right way IMO.
That said, I'm not going to lie. I laughed when I saw his name changed, though I think it would be frustrating to deal with that as someone who doesn't have the power to gain advantages like an admin.
SmartyBeardo
Chickenshit move. But not surprising considering the perpetrator's avowed love of WartLord.
King Eugene
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Jun 28 2010, 07:49 PM) *
So, I'm not doing this to blow up The Conscience's spot, I have no qualms with him. I'm not doing this to blow up whoevers spot that changed his name, I'm doing this because people need to be informed of this hilarity. I have a suspicion who did it, and thank you.

I saw that this morning and burst out laughing. Almost spit my milk up. laugh.gif

On a SN though Good Ol Rusty seems to officially be back! GOOD SHIT! thumbsup_anim.gif

Anybody got a link to the financial thread?
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 29 2010, 03:14 AM) *

Preciate it Fitz. Goodness Gracious, I cant do anything but SMH at that thread.

Now that explains a lot cause I've seen people refer to that thread on quite a few occasions. Shit was brutal. Make you not even want to offer any form of expertise on these boards.

Just for the record my graphic design business is small time. I doubt any NFL teams will call me asking for some new designs but a local business around here in Charlotte will. laugh.gif

Douche (short for Douchebag) is one hell of an e-chin cause that was one hell of an e-ass whipping laugh.gif
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jun 28 2010, 11:55 PM) *
Chickenshit move. But not surprising considering the perpetrator's avowed love of WartLord.

you know that shit was funny, put your ebeef asisde and have an elaugh
lloyd mayflower
That financial thread was epic.
D-MARV
That financial thread reminded me of Calzaghe-Lacy... Just a one-sided slap around.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jun 28 2010, 07:21 PM) *
I have always been against moderators and administrators using powers to get the upper hand in personal beefs. I have always felt that the admins and moderators should monitor the forum and do what they have to do. If they get into a beef with someone, they settle it like any regular member.

Any mod that uses his mod powers in any shitty way is an ASSHOLE.

That's why I hated Avon.....

He was the king of that BS.

rusty_trombone
stop taking it so seriously, it's an internet message board about boxing.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Jun 29 2010, 12:04 PM) *
stop taking it so seriously, it's an internet message board about boxing.

Apply that same line of thought to the mod in a back and forth then.

If that's all it is...then why misuse the site admin rights your were trusted with as a tool for an argument on a website.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jun 29 2010, 05:25 PM) *
Apply that same line of thought to the mod in a back and forth then.

If that's all it is...then why misuse the site admin rights your were trusted with as a tool for an argument on a website.

because that shit is funny. stop being such a bitch.

BGv2.0
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Jun 29 2010, 04:47 PM) *
because that shit is funny. stop being such a bitch.

Toss out all the names you want to. I still think it's a valid point. Mods are given rights over the site, you are supposed to use those rights in a way that is not a misuse of your authority.

Changing people's posts, booting people out with no good reason....that shit should not be allowed.

I never even looked on this thread...so I have no idea what Mod did what....

My only experience with bad mods were with Avon and to a lesser degree Left Hook (which from my understanding was due to some personal issues).

But Avon was a pure dick in relation to being a mod....he had no business having that type of ability.

If it's funny or not has zero to do with if it's right....

A mod can pull some sorry ass no good shit on somebody and yeah...I may laugh...but I'll still think it's a misuse of site management.

rusty_trombone
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jun 29 2010, 06:42 PM) *
Toss out all the names you want to. I still think it's a valid point. Mods are given rights over the site, you are supposed to use those rights in a way that is not a misuse of your authority.

Changing people's posts, booting people out with no good reason....that shit should not be allowed.

I never even looked on this thread...so I have no idea what Mod did what....

My only experience with bad mods were with Avon and to a lesser degree Left Hook (which from my understanding was due to some personal issues).

But Avon was a pure dick in relation to being a mod....he had no business having that type of ability.

If it's funny or not has zero to do with if it's right....

A mod can pull some sorry ass no good shit on somebody and yeah...I may laugh...but I'll still think it's a misuse of site management.

well, then maybe you can lodge your complaint with the official message board monitoring commission branch of the FCC. ask Jack about it, I'm sure he can find something.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Jun 29 2010, 07:40 PM) *
well, then maybe you can lodge your complaint with the official message board monitoring commission branch of the FCC. ask Jack about it, I'm sure he can find something.

No complaints here.....just an opinion.
Lil-lightsout
I agree with BGv2.0... though I have to admit I did LOL when I saw it.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jun 30 2010, 02:42 AM) *
No complaints here.....just an opinion.

I'm just jabbin at you ole buddy
ROLL DEEP
I don't agree with it, but then it is only a flippin' boxing website, so who gives a damn?!?

I laughed when I saw it.
thehype
Hmmmm...it looks like I may have missed something here.
STEVENSKI
Stupid monkey ^
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 1 2010, 02:11 AM) *
Stupid monkey ^

Hahahaha!!! Only you can get away with that shit. laugh.gif
Keith

Warlord is a bad dude. I can literally feel the anger seep through my keyboard when I read his e-battles. I almost got into it with him when I first started posting, and very glad I did not. That dude has a venomous tongue.... his name is very appropriate. Props to Warlord for his skills.

The name change was funny. laugh.gif I like Con but it was still funny.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jul 2 2010, 08:42 AM) *
You talkin' about WartLord? She had nothing to do with the name change other than she likes takin' it in the ass from the perpetrator.

good job smarty, way to stay on task
lloyd mayflower
Warlord and Smartys feud transcends threads. Its like when Peter and the big chicken fight eachother in Family Guy
Warlord
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jul 2 2010, 11:02 AM) *
Warlord and Smartys feud transcends threads. Its like when Peter and the big chicken fight eachother in Family Guy

Don't mind Samantha and her Tourette syndrome-suffering ass. It's Saturday so she's back to standing by her man James "The Douchebag Cuntscience" Almonte. Come Sunday she'll be back to shitting on him and bowing out of another confrontation that she started.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jul 2 2010, 11:02 AM) *

Classic family guy!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.