Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rocky Juarez
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Why does this guy keep getting shot after shot after shot? He's been beaten by Barrera twice, Marquez brutalized him almost three years ago, and Chris John beat him too. He was lucky to get a draw in that first fight from many accounts as well. Seriously, Jason Litzau beat him in his last fight. How does he get rewarded? He gets put on the undercard of another major PPV card. Seriously, WTF? Why doesn't Jason Litzau get the shot to fight Jorge Linares on the undercard of a PPV card? He's won four straight, of which three were either on PPV or ESPN. Jay beat Juarez in his last fight as well. I just don't understand how a guy who never lets his hands go, isn't all that exciting to watch, keeps getting so many shots on big cards. Seriously, his fight with Jose Hernandez on the Mayweather-DLH PPV card put everybody to sleep. He's failed to live up to his promise, and promoters need to realize this. Maybe after Linares beats his ass, he'll stop getting so many shots. Any thoughts on Rocky Juarez?
Box in Hand
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Jul 1 2010, 12:50 AM) *
Why does this guy keep getting shot after shot after shot? He's been beaten by Barrera twice, Marquez brutalized him almost three years ago, and Chris John beat him too. He was lucky to get a draw in that first fight from many accounts as well. Seriously, Jason Litzau beat him in his last fight. How does he get rewarded? He gets put on the undercard of another major PPV card. Seriously, WTF? Why doesn't Jason Litzau get the shot to fight Jorge Linares on the undercard of a PPV card? He's won four straight, of which three were either on PPV or ESPN. Jay beat Juarez in his last fight as well. I just don't understand how a guy who never lets his hands go, isn't all that exciting to watch, keeps getting so many shots on big cards. Seriously, his fight with Jose Hernandez on the Mayweather-DLH PPV card put everybody to sleep. He's failed to live up to his promise, and promoters need to realize this. Maybe after Linares beats his ass, he'll stop getting so many shots. Any thoughts on Rocky Juarez?

He's a likeable connected guy. However I am in total agreeance with you. But we all know boxing is political and Chris is politically connected. He's a C+ fighter at best.
Lil-lightsout
That's boxing for you, it's so sad. He is definitely an underachiever in my book, could never get to the next level. Like he could never improve after early on in his career. I was always expecting him to one day have that signature fight and get him to the next level. Just never happened. Maybe he just could never get there to to his athletic limits, or maybe he just didn't do the right things to ensure his best performance on those many opportunities he was given?
BGv2.0
Being a Houston fighter...I've pretty well watched this guy his whole career. It's very frustrating...because you see the potential and you know he's a decent guy...so you naturally WANT him to suceed....for sure when he is from your town/region.

We have all seen the glimpses of greatness.....but it just never came through in any consistant fashion.

IMHO....the guy just lacks an internal mean streak.....he just seems too nice. Like a smaller Mount Whitiker.

Also....for Mexican fighters...that's a very rare thing to be lacking....most Mexicans, when hit...get pissed and want to hit you back...defense be damned.....and that is what has given us some classic fights over the years.....but Rocky just does not seem to have that.....he just seems content to plod forward and take whatever his oppoenent dishes out....never seems to angry about it.....never shows signs of desparation late in a fight....

He lacks that killer instinct and that is what never allowed him to cross that threshold.

kidbazooka1
Rocky Juarez is a bum nuff said.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Jul 1 2010, 12:50 AM) *

Fuck Juarez..This shit pisses me off..I can't stand this dude..He's probably one of the luckiest boxers alive and he sucks..I can't stand him and Arreola..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jul 1 2010, 10:57 AM) *
Being a Houston fighter...I've pretty well watched this guy his whole career. It's very frustrating...because you see the potential and you know he's a decent guy...so you naturally WANT him to suceed....for sure when he is from your town/region.

We have all seen the glimpses of greatness.....but it just never came through in any consistant fashion.

IMHO....the guy just lacks an internal mean streak.....he just seems too nice. Like a smaller Mount Whitiker.

Also....for Mexican fighters...that's a very rare thing to be lacking....most Mexicans, when hit...get pissed and want to hit you back...defense be damned.....and that is what has given us some classic fights over the years.....but Rocky just does not seem to have that.....he just seems content to plod forward and take whatever his oppoenent dishes out....never seems to angry about it.....never shows signs of desparation late in a fight....

He lacks that killer instinct and that is what never allowed him to cross that threshold.

What really frustrated me the most watching him come up was the speed he always fought at. It's like he was a robot with one speed or a bike with one gear. It's hard to explain what I am trying to write. Like he just plodded along doing the same thing over and over each round. Her never changed his punching speed or just loaded up with some big power shots. I definitely think he could have been better.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
When I see Juarez on the undercard of a PPV fight then I know for some strange reason the whole event will be fucked up.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Well, at least I'm now the only one that feels this way about Juarez. I mean, yea he's marketable, but so is Jason Litzau. Litzau is rarley in a bad fight, and always gives a great effort. Even when KO'd by Robert Guerrero, at least he went down swinging. I have no problems with Juarez taking fights. I just have a problem when he's been beaten in his last three, and still gets on the undercard of a PPV event. There are other fighters out there who would give a better effort, and kill to be on a PPV undercard. Win/lose/draw, I'd rather see those fighters than Rocky Juarez plod around the ring and have his trainer plead with him to let his hands go.
D-MARV
Probably Rocky... BUT he once KO'd a guy so brutally that dude started swinging at the ref. LOL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.