Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who sucks more?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Fitz
I'm in the minority that doesn't hate Ruiz. To be honest, I don't hate Rocky Juarez either, but extremely far from liking him. Absolutely nothing interesting about Juarez, he is like a robot. Juarez is definitely less interesting than Ruiz for me.
thehype
Obviously Juarez since he has yet to even become a champion.

Not to mention, he's 5-6-1 in his last 12. How the FUCK is this guy still getting fights?

laugh.gif
Romulus9
Love Ruiz, hate Ruiz, but the more time that passes and the more bulls*it that happens just makes the respect level go up for him because he would absolutely fight ANYONE. He went out of his way to fight anyone that would fight him, rather than coming up with idiotic excuses, making outlandish demands to get out of so much as serious negotiations, or making a career out of fighting a bunch of no names.

He fought everyone there was to fight (who would actually fight HIM). He won some, lost some, and got flat screwed a couple of times.

Yeah, he grabbed and clinched a lot for a while but he actually went out of his way to change that after a while. That's commendable. Look, I'm not saying he needs to be enshrined at Canastota, but our current crop of prizefighters, not just heavyweights, could learn a few things from John Ruiz.

He won a few titles, and even appeared to exert some kind of mind control over Gilberto Mendoza and the people at the WBA. He deserves some credit.

Juarez? Professional gatekeeper.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Rocky Juarez big time, see my thread. At least John Ruiz won fights.
rusty_trombone
hey, take it easy on Rocky, I met him when he was on the undercard of a Zab Judah fight in Tunica, MS. He's a nice guy, ruiz is just a straight up asshole
JonnyBlaze
Juarez is A LOT worst
WindyCityP
Juarez no doubt. Can't even win a soup title.
Box in Hand
Rocky Jaurez equals Puppy Poop. He should have realized his potential by now but unfortunately he hasn't. At least Ruiz became champ and goes in the record books as the first Latino Heavyweight Champ.
Spyder
How the fuck is Ruiz not running away with this shit? What the fuck is wrong with you people?
King Eugene
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jul 2 2010, 11:33 PM) *
How the fuck is Ruiz not running away with this shit? What the fuck is wrong with you people?

Rocky is pretty damn bad.

Its like comparing shit to shit. If one was on showtime and the other was on HBO...I'd rather watch Ruiz.
Spyder
Brutal!

laugh.gif
sweetchuck
One interesting thing I have wondered, how would Ruiz do in MMA? He would not have to worry about referee's breaking up his clinching and Ruiz did have a little bit of a punch. Seriously, think about it, if he could add some BJJ he probably would have had some success. Anyways, like it was said, Ruiz did not duck anyone. Look at all the fighters he has fought compared to better heavyweights like the Klitschko's, Haye, and Peter. Plus he would do it not making half of what some of these guys have made to fight lines of tomato cans. As for Juarez, he has fought some good fighters (and lost most of the time), but I don't think he deserved so many chances, it's like who at Golden Boy does he have discriminating pictures of? To me, Rocky would do well going off the map and building up some wins before being considered for an eliminator.
Col Reb
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 2 2010, 08:50 PM) *
Rocky Jaurez equals Puppy Poop.

Best one liner I've seen in awhile! That had me laughing pretty good. I feel a sig or some sort of photoshop picture coming explaining the mathematical equation. Well done, Box in Hand!
caneman
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 2 2010, 07:49 AM) *
I'm in the minority that doesn't hate Ruiz. To be honest, I don't hate Rocky Juarez either, but extremely far from liking him. Absolutely nothing interesting about Juarez, he is like a robot. Juarez is definitely less interesting than Ruiz for me.

QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 2 2010, 10:03 AM) *
Obviously Juarez since he has yet to even become a champion.

Yea I agree totally.

QUOTE (Spyder @ Jul 2 2010, 10:33 PM) *

I was thinking the same exact thing yea understand both sides of these to buffons on the real! You might be OK for a GATOR after all!!! LMFAO for some reason from reading these post! Well heading back to ATLANTA Tuesday & real busy tomorrow but hopfully the thred keeps going!

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Jul 2 2010, 10:44 PM) *
Rocky is pretty damn bad.

Its like comparing shit to shit. If one was on showtime and the other was on HBO...I'd rather watch Ruiz.

No it's 5 day old throw up compared to running dog shit! lol! w00t w00t!

QUOTE (Spyder @ Jul 3 2010, 12:09 AM) *
Brutal!

laugh.gif

INDEED!!!
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Jul 2 2010, 10:31 AM) *
Love Ruiz, hate Ruiz, but the more time that passes and the more bulls*it that happens just makes the respect level go up for him because he would absolutely fight ANYONE. He went out of his way to fight anyone that would fight him, rather than coming up with idiotic excuses, making outlandish demands to get out of so much as serious negotiations, or making a career out of fighting a bunch of no names.

He fought everyone there was to fight (who would actually fight HIM). He won some, lost some, and got flat screwed a couple of times.

Yeah, he grabbed and clinched a lot for a while but he actually went out of his way to change that after a while. That's commendable. Look, I'm not saying he needs to be enshrined at Canastota, but our current crop of prizefighters, not just heavyweights, could learn a few things from John Ruiz.

He won a few titles, and even appeared to exert some kind of mind control over Gilberto Mendoza and the people at the WBA. He deserves some credit.

Juarez? Professional gatekeeper.

you know the more i think about this, the bigger pile of bullshit it becomes. I hate when shitty fighters get credit for fighting "anyone". yeah they'll fight anyone, because their services aren't in demand. i'll fight anyone also, just pay me. of course he can't duck anyone, no one ever paid to see him fight, they always paid to see his opponent. it's hard to duck someone when any old dickbag fighter can replace you, he didn't choose to fight anyone, he had to.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Juarez wins this shitstorm hands down. I want to see him KO'ed brutally in 19 seconds, that would make my day.
Mean Mister Mustard
I don't know if Juarez does suck. On the hand, most of his losses have been against elite fighters (Barerra 2X , Marquez, John, Soto) the only exception being Jason Litzau. On the other hand he was losing to Barrios and arguably should have lost the Raheem fight and the first John fight. People seem to think he sucks based on the excpectations they had of him after the Sydney Olympics where he came out with a silver medal. But now that we look at it, we have to wonder how we ever thought a guy with limited foot speed and small stature for a featherweight was ever going to become an ATG.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
However, this dude keeps getting shot after shot after shot at bigger fights. It was clear after the Marquez fight that this dude would never be able to compete at the elite level, but he keeps getting put on TV. That would be ok if he was an exciting to watch, but he's really not. He plods around the ring and refuses to let his hands go. He never throws punches in there, then gets outpointed every fight. Then, he gets rewarded with yet another shot on HBOPPV against Jorge Linares. At least John Ruiz won his fights to get on HBO and PPV. I just want to know why Jason Litzau isn't fighting on HBOPPV against Linares on the 31st? It just bugs me that Rocky Juarez keeps getting these shots, when he does absolutely nothing to deserve it.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jul 2 2010, 11:33 PM) *

I know... it's crazy all the love Ruiz is getting. Rocky definitely does not deserve another title shot, but I would rather watch him fight then watch Ruiz fight any day.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Jul 12 2010, 08:27 PM) *
However, this dude keeps getting shot after shot after shot at bigger fights. It was clear after the Marquez fight that this dude would never be able to compete at the elite level, but he keeps getting put on TV. That would be ok if he was an exciting to watch, but he's really not. He plods around the ring and refuses to let his hands go. He never throws punches in there, then gets outpointed every fight. Then, he gets rewarded with yet another shot on HBOPPV against Jorge Linares. At least John Ruiz won his fights to get on HBO and PPV. I just want to know why Jason Litzau isn't fighting on HBOPPV against Linares on the 31st? It just bugs me that Rocky Juarez keeps getting these shots, when he does absolutely nothing to deserve it.

GBP.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.