Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MMA P4P
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
lloyd mayflower
Guys, have been thinkin recently, due to lack of coverage on this side of the pond etc, and probably a lack of interest on my part, I dont know that much about MMA other than UFC guys, which of course doesnt really educate me on the legacies of some of these guys before UFC came along. I'm probably the kind of casual fan that Dana White likes, the ones that are unaware of other fighters apart from his and just fall into the trap of thinking that Anderson and GSP are the daddies and thats it. Truth be told the only guy im really aware of outside UFC is Fedor. Having read some of the threads here tho, its clear that a lot of you more hardcore fans hold the UFC and its "legends" in some contempt, so if any of you guys could discuss who are the top guys throughout MMA, maybe p4p top 20 or something, it would give me a platform to seek out some footage etc when bored.

Cheers guys.

p.s, Warlord, allow me to start you list off for you

#1 SHOGUN
laugh.gif
Box in Hand
1. Anderson Silva
2. Georges St. Pierre
3. Jose Aldo
4. Shogun
5. Jon Bones Jones
6. Ben Henderson
7. Winner of Lesnar vs. Carwin
8. Rashad Evans
9. Miguel Torres
10. Cyborg
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 2 2010, 10:24 PM) *
1. Anderson Silva
2. Georges St. Pierre
3. Jose Aldo
4. Shogun
5. Jon Bones Jones
6. Ben Henderson
7. Winner of Lesnar vs. Carwin
8. Rashad Evans
9. Miguel Torres
10. Cyborg

No Fedor? Intriguing
Box in Hand
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Jul 2 2010, 05:50 PM) *
No Fedor? Intriguing

I would but I have a feeling he is not in his prime anymore and will start going down hill from here. He never would have made that mistake in his prime.
kidbazooka1
Anderson
GSP
Aldo
Shogun
Velasquez

No one else matters.
pcraw
Silva
GSP
Aldo
Shogun
Werdum
Edgar
Fedor
Penn
Lesnar

Toss up Shields,Henderson and Melendez
Warlord
GSP
Anderson Silva
Jose Aldo
Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
Fedor

That's my top 5. Fedor was #1 until his loss to Werdum. I disagree with Box in Hand about Fedor's loss. I think Fedor got sloppy because he was under-trained and too anxious to finish Werdum in the first round. The loss to Werdum may actually help Fedor, if he learns from it.

I might as well drop this bomb that has been brewing in my belly... I've got a feeling Sonnen is going to upset Silva. Can you imagine that?
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jul 2 2010, 07:41 PM) *
GSP
Anderson Silva
Jose Aldo
Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
Fedor

That's my top 5. Fedor was #1 until his loss to Werdum. I disagree with Box in Hand about Fedor's loss. I think Fedor got sloppy because he was under-trained and too anxious to finish Werdum in the first round. The loss to Werdum may actually help Fedor, if he learns from it.

I might as well drop this bomb that has been brewing in my belly... I've got a feeling Sonnen is going to upset Silva. Can you imagine that?

If he's still in his prime then under training is a sign of over confidence. Either way he's slippin.
Warlord
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Jul 2 2010, 09:04 PM) *
If he's still in his prime then under training is a sign of over confidence.

Agree 100%.
D-MARV
Anderson Silva
James Toney
Kimbo Slice
Brock Lesnar
Manny Pacquiao
King Eugene
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 2 2010, 11:31 PM) *
Anderson Silva
James Toney
Kimbo Slice
Brock Lesnar
Manny Pacquiao

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 2 2010, 10:31 PM) *
Anderson Silva
James Toney
Kimbo Slice
Brock Lesnar
Manny Pacquiao

hahahaha..You forgot Roy Jones and Kurt Angle..No worries though,you can still add em..
pcraw
Fedor is still great. I agree with War, this may be the best thing that ever happened to him because he was obviously not that prepared for Rogers, but when you can always pull it out you don't change things. I think he will be fine though. To me that fight was a prime example of why you don't fight towards your opponents strength. So for everyone who wanted Rashad to stand and bang with Rampage, here is the perfect example of why you don't do that. Same with Silva not jumping in Maia or Leitas guard. Fedor thought he hurt Werdum (I don't even think the punch landed) and play right into a dangerous BJJ Black Belts hand. You would think when he almost got caught in that triangle the first time he would have let Werdum stand.
pcraw
DMarv and Blaze trying to high jack this thread already...smh...Lol
Run and Gun Game Calls
Any list that has anderson silva ranked #1 after his last preformance is very suspect to me

1. GSP

2. BJ Penn, ( yes even after a loss by decision that looked more like a boring sparring match, I still Though penn won)

3. Anderson Silva

4. Fedor ( coming off of a loss, but i suspect it was a fluke more than a loss of ability)

5. Shogun

6. Frankie Edgar (if he wins a rematch with Penn he will move way up, again I thought he lost the first match.)
D-MARV
QUOTE (pcraw @ Jul 3 2010, 11:43 AM) *
DMarv and Blaze trying to high jack this thread already...smh...Lol

LOL... my badd... I'll step. I won't even pretend that I know who belongs in the P4P listings.
pcraw
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Jul 3 2010, 11:07 AM) *
Any list that has anderson silva ranked #1 after his last preformance is very suspect to me

1. GSP

2. BJ Penn, ( yes even after a loss by decision that looked more like a boring sparring match, I still Though penn won)

3. Anderson Silva

4. Fedor ( coming off of a loss, but i suspect it was a fluke more than a loss of ability)

5. Shogun

6. Frankie Edgar (if he wins a rematch with Penn he will move way up, again I thought he lost the first match.)

So you question people that have Anderson at #1 for his last performance although he won, but you have BJ at 2 because it was a BORING fight that you thought he won? Wow.
pcraw
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 3 2010, 12:32 PM) *
LOL... my badd... I'll step. I won't even pretend that I know who belongs in the P4P listings.

Lol. All good homie.
Run and Gun Game Calls
QUOTE (pcraw @ Jul 3 2010, 06:20 PM) *
So you question people that have Anderson at #1 for his last performance although he won, but you have BJ at 2 because it was a BORING fight that you thought he won? Wow.

yes i do, because after round 2 silva quit fighting and made an ass out of himself, and it isnt the first time he has done that either.
Warlord
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jul 2 2010, 07:41 PM) *
GSP
Anderson Silva
Jose Aldo
Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
Fedor

Man, yahoo's copping my list now?

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=ArHT...-mmaranks081310
AussieLad
Man how good is Jose Aldo. When brown beat faber back to back, there was no-one who i thought would be able to do to him what Aldo did. Aldo is a explosive aggressive striker, and supposedly the striking is his 2nd weapon. Havent even seen his ground game, as at this stage its not even necessary. Before i get too high on him, he needs to make a few more defences to solidify my perception of his talent, but the future looks very bright

I have GSP as number 1. The guy is just so consistent.

Penn is a better fighter than Edgar, but he just got worked. Edgars gameplan was well thought out, and applied to perfection. Shall be interesting to see how Penn regroups and adjusts. The speed and movement of Edgar is going to give him trouble a 2nd time around as well. Anyone who tries to make a fight of it with Penn is commiting suicide, but Edgar raised serious questions about his ability to close the gap on a nimble sharp boxer (obviously Edgars wrestling is what allows him to have confidence in his striking, safe in the knowledge that he can escape the clinch).

Shogun is on a resurgence. I still think he needs some more wins after that poor performance vs forrest. Legitimate reasons for that showing obviously. And there is no questioning his dominance over Machida. Shogun may have permanently wrecked Machida's confidence
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Aug 14 2010, 05:44 AM) *
Man how good is Jose Aldo. When brown beat faber back to back, there was no-one who i thought would be able to do to him what Aldo did. Aldo is a explosive aggressive striker, and supposedly the striking is his 2nd weapon. Havent even seen his ground game, as at this stage its not even necessary. Before i get too high on him, he needs to make a few more defences to solidify my perception of his talent, but the future looks very bright

I have GSP as number 1. The guy is just so consistent.

Penn is a better fighter than Edgar, but he just got worked. Edgars gameplan was well thought out, and applied to perfection. Shall be interesting to see how Penn regroups and adjusts. The speed and movement of Edgar is going to give him trouble a 2nd time around as well. Anyone who tries to make a fight of it with Penn is commiting suicide, but Edgar raised serious questions about his ability to close the gap on a nimble sharp boxer (obviously Edgars wrestling is what allows him to have confidence in his striking, safe in the knowledge that he can escape the clinch).

Shogun is on a resurgence. I still think he needs some more wins after that poor performance vs forrest. Legitimate reasons for that showing obviously. And there is no questioning his dominance over Machida. Shogun may have permanently wrecked Machida's confidence

I agree about Aldo i am very high on the kid right now. After he beats Gamburyan i really would like to see him move up to the LW divison and take on the top guys there cause i don't see anyone at 145 being able to do anything to him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.