Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Joe Louis Barrow vs Jersey Joe Walcott I
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Classic Boxing
neophyte7
Louis knew he lost and looked like someone raped his mother in front of his face afterward.... yeah He won the rematch... But Jersey Joe owned his ass in the first one and deserved to be the champ...

When I watched the bout I was as disgusted as if I was watching it live on HBO... pure bullshit decision
D-MARV
Agreed... Walcott was robbed blind. Louis did not prepare himself like he should have in that fight and it showed in the second fight when he Knocked him out.
Maxy
Robbery but then pretty much all the legends received a gift somewhere along the line.
neophyte7
It is unfair though. It robs a man of his hard work and preparation... I can see if to the eye it was hard to judge... close... but Jersey Joe owned him completely...How do you rate Jersey Joe all time?
Maxy
Walcott all time? Honestly, I've never really thought about it. From all I have seen he looked a great fighter. I especially love his KO of Charles in the 3rd fight.

Fast forward to 9.46 for a reminder of what a great left hook that was!

D-MARV
Classic left hook.
Warlord
QUOTE (Maxy @ Jul 3 2010, 04:21 PM) *
Walcott all time? Honestly, I've never really thought about it. From all I have seen he looked a great fighter. I especially love his KO of Charles in the 3rd fight.

Which hopefully reminds everyone of just how great Rocky Marciano really was. People take every opportunity to shit on Rocky and his comp record, but the fact is, he blasted a lot of great fighters and statistically is at the top of the heap.
neophyte7
HE got the great ones when they were old... scrutiny is justified albeit Rocky Marciano was a helluva puncher...

Old guys sending him to the canvas signifies that these guys in their primes would have given him holy hell...
Warlord
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jul 4 2010, 09:34 AM) *
HE got the great ones when they were old...

The same can be said for many of the sports greatest, not just Rocky.

Old guys sending him to the canvas signifies that these guys in their primes would have given him holy hell...

You can count the number of times Rock went down on one hand. He had one of the all-time legendary chins. And his recuperative skills were ungodly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.