Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fights that never happened...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
D-MARV
Name some fights that never happened and you swore up and down you knew the outcome. Here's a few.

I remember thinking that Juan Diaz would beat Manny Pacquiao some time around the end of 2007.

I just knew that Zab Judah would toy with Margarito in the beginning of 2006.

I had Hasim Rahman KOing Vitaly... LOL.

Big Slim Sweet
Back in 93 I thought Bowe would KO Lewis.

He wouldn't have.

I wanted Vargas to get his revenge on Tito right after their first fight.

He would have been brutalized.

I thought Margarito would have been too relentless for PBF a few years ago.

Um...yeah.
King Eugene
Roy and Dariusz

I wish they would have fought so Roy could have smoked him and we could kill all the Roy wasn't the lineal 175 pound champ.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Jul 7 2010, 04:59 AM) *
Roy and Dariusz

I wish they would have fought so Roy could have smoked him and we could kill all the Roy wasn't the lineal 175 pound champ.

But we can't. Roy was NEVER lineal 175lb champ. End of.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 7 2010, 12:53 AM) *
Wait.........you thought Dariusz would have won at the time, years ago?

Hell no...where did you get that from?
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 7 2010, 01:14 AM) *

Yea yea...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 7 2010, 01:14 AM) *

Maybe? But he WAS UNDISPUTED P4P Champion for years!!!!!! Hahahaha hater. laugh.gif

You are welcome King.
Lil-lightsout
Terry Norris-Felix Trinidad. I thought Norris would destroy Tito for years, but then seeing how Terry lost his step real fast and seeing his pathetic chin, maybe it was good they did not fight?
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 7 2010, 03:21 AM) *
I know you didn't. I just wanted to point out that you didn't understand the thread and what Marv was asking, lol.

He is asking what fights you wanted to see that never happened, though now in hindsight glad it never happened because you would have been wrong years ago.

Which is why he said he thought Diaz would have beaten Pacquiao years ago, though now in hindsight, glad it never happened because he would have been wrong.

I agree with Marv on Diaz-Pacquiao. I was one of the few that thought Diaz could beat Pacquiao. Hell, I even felt Katsidis would give him a good fight at one point.

Ahhh...gotcha! Some how missed the ....and your lucky they didn't
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
A couple of years ago I thought Cotto might give Floyd problems. In hindsight I believe Floyd would badly embarrass him.

I think Paul Williams dodged a bullet not fighting Hopkins.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 7 2010, 06:05 AM) *
I always felt Mayweather would beat Cotto, but I always felt Cotto would give Mayweather a tougher fight than most and one of his tougher fights, and I still do. Styles makes fights, and I feel that Cotto's style makes Mayweather wait and think more. Cotto is aggressive, but he isn't a stupid, predictable kind of aggressive. He is weird to watch, he is aggressive but patient at the same time. Hard to explain. I still feel Mayweather would have always won, but Cotto gives him a tough fight and to be honest, he may give Mayweather a tougher fight than Pacquaio. Just styles for me.
Like Cotto/Mosley/Margarito.

Floyd's speed and footwork would kill Cotto IMHO. To my mind Manny's speed was the big difference when they fought and I think Floyd and Manny's speed is comprable.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 7 2010, 06:38 AM) *
I personally don't feel speed is the issue for Cotto (or not to those lengths anyways). I think it's easy to look at Mayweather and Pacquiao, and if you were to describe them, the first thing someone would say about them is 'quick'. You look at Cotto-Pacquiao and the first common thing is obviously is speed, but I just feel speed wasn't the primary factor. I feel he handled the speed of Mosley, Malignaggi and Judah fine. I think he has problems with strong guys that apply pressure. I feel it was Judah's aggressiveness early that caused Cotto problems, Torres gave Cotto problems and obviously Margarito. I think Pacquiao has the same quality that those guys have, aggressiveness, power and high work rate and that is what gave Cotto problems. To me, he doesn't like when fighters punch more than him.
Mayweather isn't as aggressive as those guys, and is why I think Cotto gives Mayweather a tougher fight than some of the other guys. Mayweather would wait more, and at least give Cotto early rounds to at least make it close on the cards (if it goes there).

The reason I'll go with Floyd big is what he showed me in the Mosley fight. Floyd can fight off the front foot when he chooses too and if he chooses to fight Cotto in the same manner I think he would eat him up.

Richardson was right, when Floyd came out for that 3rd round he was a dragon. If Cotto clips him that's what he'll be faced with. Cotto would eat so many right hands in that fight it wouldn't be funny.
neophyte7
SMARTY BEARDO VS NEOPHYTE7.... LMAO it is all fun and was.... I had a great time last night FIGHTHYPE peeps.... LMAO
mrwigi
cotto vs. hatton... i always felt that cotto wuld have destroyed hatton, and my feelings dont change now.

forrest vs. de la hoya.... i think Vernon wuld have gave the golden boy all he could handle.

trinidad vs. mosley... IMO, mosley would have dominated Tito..

im sure there are more, but i can think of them right now.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 7 2010, 01:13 AM) *
Terry Norris-Felix Trinidad. I thought Norris would destroy Tito for years, but then seeing how Terry lost his step real fast and seeing his pathetic chin, maybe it was good they did not fight?

Good one. I wanted to see that fight and would have been rooting for Terry as well. A young welterweight Tito on the come up would have blasted out the aging Norris in spectacular fashion.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (mrwigi @ Jul 7 2010, 11:03 AM) *
cotto vs. hatton... i always felt that cotto wuld have destroyed hatton, and my feelings dont change now.

forrest vs. de la hoya.... i think Vernon wuld have gave the golden boy all he could handle.

trinidad vs. mosley... IMO, mosley would have dominated Tito..

im sure there are more, but i can think of them right now.

Another guy with literacy issues.
mrwigi
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Jul 7 2010, 02:38 PM) *
Another guy with literacy issues.

suck my balls..
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (mrwigi @ Jul 7 2010, 01:52 PM) *
suck my balls..

Barf.
mrwigi
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Jul 7 2010, 03:03 PM) *
Barf.

there is always one. fucking internet gangster....LMAO!
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (mrwigi @ Jul 7 2010, 02:05 PM) *
there is always one. fucking internet gangster....LMAO!

Not me sir. But there is more than one of those around if you're looking to make enemies.
mrwigi
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Jul 7 2010, 03:55 PM) *
Not me sir. But there is more than one of those around if you're looking to make enemies.

Naw, it just seemed to me like u were looking to start some ol bullshit.. U culd have very well kept ur comments to yourself, instead of trying to make me look stupid... usually, people who do things like that are hiding stupidity themselves.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (mrwigi @ Jul 7 2010, 03:01 PM) *
Naw, it just seemed to me like u were looking to start some ol bullshit.. U culd have very well kept ur comments to yourself, instead of trying to make me look stupid... usually, people who do things like that are hiding stupidity themselves.

Someone had already misread the title of the thread, had a joke made about it, and laughed it off. You should try it sometime.
D-MARV
I think we are in need of a HUGE PPV fight real soon. Too many feelings being caught around here lately.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 7 2010, 07:53 PM) *
I think we are in need of a HUGE PPV fight real soon. Too many feelings being caught around here lately.

LMAO. No doubt.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Jul 7 2010, 08:43 PM) *
Someone had already misread the title of the thread, had a joke made about it, and laughed it off. You should try it sometime.

Fuck you Slim... you are the biggest trouble maker around these parts. laugh.gif
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 7 2010, 08:32 PM) *
Fuck you Slim... you are the biggest trouble maker around these parts. laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Aside from that thread a couple months ago where I scared off all the non-members lurking and wound up leading to Marz B's exile I've been on good behavior!
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Jul 6 2010, 11:59 PM) *
Roy and Dariusz

This was the first that popped up in my mind. Darius career would end that night.

Another is evander vs tyson (both prime) .....I still had evander in that one.

Pryor vs Leonard.....that would have been very interesting. pryor wanted that fight bad man.

Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Jul 8 2010, 09:17 AM) *
This was the first that popped up in my mind. Darius career would end that night.

No it wouldn't have.

He would have lost his 0, gone back to Europe, and scooped up some vacant trinket in his next fight.

Again however, Marv's thread was referencing fights you're GLAD never happened. So unless you now believe Darius would have beaten Roy you are NOT glad this fight didn't go down.
D-MARV
I once thought that Pavlik would fuck Calzaghe up. Boy was I wrong!
streetlion1
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 7 2010, 03:57 PM) *
Mosley is a pretty dumb fighter. He goes into fights and just wings it. Never seems to have a real strategy and fights on instinct. I think Floyd usually fights on the front foot when he is fighting smaller guys. I seen Mayweather become a bit more against DLH, when he uses a jab early. I really think Cotto makes Mayweather think and wait more than Mosley does. That's just my opinion.

I agree. Mosley has no jab and pretty much waits for an opening...Cotto uses his jab and creates openings....his jab and body attack would have Mayweather backing up. Cottos defense is leaky at best but he doesnt get caught with many left hooks so Floyds check hook wouldnt be as effective. He would land his straight right nearly at will though. One thing for sure is that Cotto would give Floyd more problems than a JMM or Mosley did.

At this point I dont really care if we see Mayweather-Crackiuao....IMO.....a Cotto v.s. Mayweather fight would be the best fight that we as fans could see Mayweather in.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Jul 8 2010, 09:17 AM) *

Another is evander vs tyson (both prime) .....I still had evander in that one.

Pryor vs Leonard.....that would have been very interesting. pryor wanted that fight bad man.

Pryor-Leonard and Pryor-Hearns in the pros..

Archie Moore-Sugar Ray Robinson never went through

Ray Robinson-Tony Zale or Zale-LaMotta but LaMotta said he "didn't want anything to do with that crazy pollock bastard"

Ike Ibeabuchi-Lewis,Holyfield,Tyson would all of been good fights

caneman
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Jul 6 2010, 09:28 PM) *
Back in 93 I thought Bowe would KO Lewis.

He wouldn't have.

I think the 91 Bowe would have KOed Lewis & beat him in the rematch!

I thought Margarito would have been too relentless for PBF a few years ago.

Margarito & PBF MIGHT be a decend match up @ one point but not now & MargaCHEATO should not be allowed to box IMO! FUCK THAT CHEATER!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Lil-lightsout' date='Jul 7 2010, 01:11 AM' post='492504']
Maybe? But he WAS UNDISPUTED P4P Champion for years!!!!!! Hahahaha hater. laugh.gif

Fuck RJJ but I am liking him better now for what he brought to BOXING & I told ALL Y"ALL his ass would get KTFO! Didn't I Method & JD? Big G might even remember me saying that shit!
caneman
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jul 11 2010, 01:06 AM) *
Pryor-Leonard and Pryor-Hearns in the pros..

Archie Moore-Sugar Ray Robinson never went through

Ray Robinson-Tony Zale or Zale-LaMotta but LaMotta said he "didn't want anything to do with that crazy pollock bastard"

Ike Ibeabuchi-Lewis,Holyfield,Tyson would all of been good fights

Agreed, great post bruh!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 11 2010, 09:35 PM) *
Agreed, great post bruh!

Thanks and i noticed I left one guy out of the mix with Ike,which is Bowe..Ike and Bowe would have been an insane fight had Bowe fought Ike the same way he fought Holyfield..It'd be another great classic..
D-MARV
People, we are way off topic here... LOL
D-MARV
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 12 2010, 08:34 PM) *
The thread is WAY too complicated for a lot of people.

LOL... I know man, I thought I gave some good examples... oh well.
JonnyBlaze
Hell naw,my bad D-Marv,I was thinking fights thats never happened but wish they had..I'll get back on topic later..
Lil-lightsout
I can think of two fights using the opposite thread title. Fights that DID happen that I was hoping NEVER happened because I thought my fighter would lose. Ended up both fighters I was rooting for ended up winning.

Roy Jones-Jeff Lacy. Seeing Lacy come up I figured he would decapitate Jones so I was hoping they would never fight. Roy ends up embarrassing him.

Pernell Whitaker- J.C. Chavez. Man I never thought Pea would be strong enough or slick enough to beat Chavez, I thought Chavez would break him down and stop him late. Man was I wrong.

I know it's not exactly what the thread title asks for, so don't bust my chops Fitz, lol.
JonnyBlaze
Well I know I said I wished Archie/Ray Robinson would have gone through like it was supposed to but in a way I'm glad it didn't..It would of been a great fight but I wouldn't want to see either guy lose to the other..

As far as LL's new spin,I wish Corrales/Casamayor 3 and Corrales/Clottey didn't happen..I also think Corrales shouldn't have gone through with Castillo 2 after Castillo couldn't make weight..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.