Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's Pacquiao vs Cotto 2...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
dominicbuilder9k1
I'm disappointed....Pacquiao vs Cotto is already in place in lieu of Floyd's expected refusal to fight Pacquiao...

What can you say..?..
mrwigi
BULLSHIT!!!

Im probably the biggest Floyd fan you will meet.. If he walks away from this fight, i will be the first to jump on his hatewagon.
neophyte7
If this is true... Arum's old crafty ass has been at work... He was talking all this shit about a deal being in the works knowing there was none while all along again planning to match his two guys together. Arum is the white Don King... I got to hand it to him... Crafty mofo...
thehype
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jul 7 2010, 12:19 PM) *
If this is true... Arum's old crafty ass has been at work... He was talking all this shit about a deal being in the works knowing there was none while all along again planning to match his two guys together. Arum is the white Don King... I got to hand it to him... Crafty mofo...

Duh!

I can't believe people haven't seen this all along.

It's kind of like him saying that Manny has agreed to everything that Floyd wanted, when in reality, he hasn't changed his stance from the 14-day cutoff that he offered in May. LOL. It's really comical to see the type of information that Arum feeds to the media...and most of those guys just take it and run with it. But because the Mayweather camp has remained silent, they're the ones that come out looking like the bad guys. LOL.

And for the record, it's not even a lock that it will be Pacquiao vs. Cotto 2....Margarito is still in the running too...but I do find it funny that all the while, it's been Team Pacquiao that has been making "backup plans", but ultimately, it will be Team Mayweather that gets the blame.

But hey, that's what happens when you choose to remain silent and refuse to set the record straight when the other party is using the media to their full advantage.

Personally, I tend not to believe someone who is famous for saying "yesterday I was lying, today I'm telling the truth."

laugh.gif
BoxingStill#1
need confirmation...... im actually not inclined to believe anything quite yet frim anybody....

not untill any fight is announced will I believe anything at this point fellas
D-MARV
Certainly, no one will support this fight if it's made? Would people support a Mayweather-Mosley rematch?

I much rather see Manny fight Margarito.
KookedKrack
dry.gif Fuck this fight.
BoxingStill#1
by the way, does anybody else see cotto being more of a threat to mayweather than pacman?

im speaking as far as styles go....

i think pacman is wrong for cotto any given day pretty much

but i also see mayweather wrong for pacman any given day

however, stylistically, i see cotto as perhaps more of a challenge to mayweather?

wierd eh?
BoxingStill#1
way to answer that without answering...lol
GARCIA
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jul 8 2010, 11:10 PM) *
by the way, does anybody else see cotto being more of a threat to mayweather than pacman?

however, stylistically, i see cotto as perhaps more of a challenge to mayweather?

wierd eh?

Naww, Cotto would be an easy fight for Mayweather. He's not quick enough
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (GARCIA @ Jul 9 2010, 04:06 AM) *
Naww, Cotto would be an easy fight for Mayweather. He's not quick enough

See that's just the thing, again, I don't think its the speed that gives cotto fits. He kinda adjust to it easily

It wasn't just pacmans speed what gave cotto problems. It was the pace, the intensity, the brawling.....

Mayweather, even with the tremendous hand speed, is more cotto's typa fight...

Not saying he would beat mayweather by a long shot, but would present more of a challenge to him than pacman would....

Pacman is there to hit, that's the problem,... Mayweather would pick him apart,...
Nay_Sayer
Cotto is WAY too easy to hit.

Floyd slaps him silly.

I doubt that Cotto would win more than 2 rounds...
streetlion1
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jul 8 2010, 10:10 PM) *

wierd eh?

I agree 100%. I see Cottos style and body attack making Mayweather retreat. I still see Mayweather winning the fight but it would be along the lines of 115-113...116-112 and would be a good fight. Its a fight I have always wanted to see but it probably wont happen. Pre retirement Mayweather didnt even wanna discuss Cotto when his name was brought up in interveiws.

I dont see anyone beating Floyd at this point....the only one I see giving him problems style-wise is Cotto. I think Floyd beats Manny pretty easy.
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 8 2010, 01:57 PM) *
Certainly, no one will support this fight if it's made? Would people support a Mayweather-Mosley rematch?

I much rather see Manny fight Margarito.

Me too... simply because I've seen how Cotto performed against Pac.... I rather see Margarito vs Pacman....
JD
Cotto would get sliced up badly against Floyd. The fight would not be competitive.
D-MARV
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 11 2010, 10:44 AM) *
Cotto would get sliced up badly against Floyd. The fight would not be competitive.

Yup... agreed. Cotto lacks the feet to compete with Floyd.
caneman
Good for Migel for wanting to make this happen...mad props to him but Pacman will stop him in in 3-4 rounds! Even with Manny Stewart & even if Cotto takes PED's lolz, j/k There is another that will happen and that is no one will even catch Pacman using PED's, he goes on to face PBoiF & Floyd will win 115-113 and have tasted the canvas 2-3 times & Pacman will as well & it will be FOTY!
GARCIA
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Jul 9 2010, 09:32 AM) *
See that's just the thing, again, I don't think its the speed that gives cotto fits. He kinda adjust to it easily

It wasn't just pacmans speed what gave cotto problems. It was the pace, the intensity, the brawling.....

Mayweather, even with the tremendous hand speed, is more cotto's typa fight...

Not saying he would beat mayweather by a long shot, but would present more of a challenge to him than pacman would....

Pacman is there to hit, that's the problem,... Mayweather would pick him apart,...

I see what ur saying.. Pacquiao's forehead is not hard to find and Mayweather would Probably pop shot him easily.. Idk Mayweather gotta fight somebody soon tho..
Byrd Man
I think it would be a farce if Floyd fought Cotto. And fair or not he would also be accused of once again FINALLY fighting someone who had been beaten down and/or gotten old.

I think Cotto is past it now, and there's no reason to see a Floyd/Cotto fight. Years back maybe, but not now.

Same with Margarito.

I just don't care anymore. As I said before, Let's get done with this "will they or won't they" bullshit. Manny and Floyd will NEVER fight. N-E-V-E-R. And I'm not even blaming one or the other here, they are BOTH acting like assholes. Just be done with the bullshit.

Once that's done and they both just acknowledge what most people have to realize by now, then they can go on and have one more fight each and then retire. Fuck them both. If they both retired today and never fought again, that'd be fine with me.

I'd rather see the Timothy Bradleys and the Nonito Donaires and the Juanma's fight than these two assholes.

Fuck 'em both.
GzaPR
Floyd/Cotto fight could be competitive since Floyd foot work isn't the same.
Keith
QUOTE (GzaPR @ Jul 16 2010, 09:22 AM) *
Floyd/Cotto fight could be competitive since Floyd foot work isn't the same.

Floyd's footwork on his worst day is still better then Cotto.

Floyd has essentially dominated everyone he's fought at welterweight.

Cotto, even in his victories... struggles.
streetlion1
QUOTE (Keith @ Jul 16 2010, 09:59 AM) *
Floyd's footwork on his worst day is still better then Cotto.

Floyd has essentially dominated everyone he's fought at welterweight.

Cotto, even in his victories... struggles.

If Floyd fights Cotto the way he fought Mosley...flat-footed, standing his ground, and coming forward...Cotto will give him alot of problems. Coach Roach seems to think that is how Floyd will fight from now on since he is getting a bit older. If that is true then Cotto with his jab and body attack...the left hook to the body in particular will force Floyd to retreat. Mosley didnt even try to throw a real jab and didnt throw a left hook to the body till very late in the fight.

Floyd wins but style v.s. style it would be a competitive fight.
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jul 12 2010, 09:12 PM) *
I think it would be a farce if Floyd fought Cotto. And fair or not he would also be accused of once again FINALLY fighting someone who had been beaten down and/or gotten old.

I think Cotto is past it now, and there's no reason to see a Floyd/Cotto fight. Years back maybe, but not now.

Same with Margarito.

I just don't care anymore. As I said before, Let's get done with this "will they or won't they" bullshit. Manny and Floyd will NEVER fight. N-E-V-E-R. And I'm not even blaming one or the other here, they are BOTH acting like assholes. Just be done with the bullshit.

Once that's done and they both just acknowledge what most people have to realize by now, then they can go on and have one more fight each and then retire. Fuck them both. If they both retired today and never fought again, that'd be fine with me.

I'd rather see the Timothy Bradleys and the Nonito Donaires and the Juanma's fight than these two assholes.

Fuck 'em both.

Angry man you are Byrd Man...Floyd wont fight Manny right now bcoz he aint need that much money this time...maybe next year when the IRS is through with him...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.