Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lebron James going to Miami
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 13 2010, 10:27 AM) *
My guess is that Wade will average more ppg than LeBron, and Bosh will see his numbers suffer the most.

In the end, they will win 60 during the regular season, I think that is a foregone conclusion...but the playoffs will be a different story and that is where it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

I see Bosh becoming a 15-10 guy next year. Basically, Horace Grant.

And I agree, Heat will wreak havoc in the regular season, but their lack of toughness may very well be exposed in the playoffs. Bosh IMO is a sissy. They need to hope some Brad Miller, Kurt Thomas types are willing to come play for the minimum.

QUOTE (JD @ Jul 14 2010, 07:32 AM) *
As for now...if I am building a team for the next decade, give me Kevin Durant.

Give me Greg Oden first. Durant second.

laugh.gif

Imagine if the Blazers had drafted Durant to go with Roy and Aldridge.
Method
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Jul 17 2010, 03:41 PM) *
Pippen was perceived as the ultimate supporting player, a guy who could do everything really well, but lacked something internally that kept him from being "The Man." When Jordan was gone Pip sat out the final 1.8 seconds of a playoff game because he didn't like the play Phil Jackson drew up.

Jordan, by contrast, was simply the ultimate superstar. There has never been an athlete who so consistently excelled in crunch time. When the Bulls needed a big shot, everyone in the arena knew MJ was going to take it, and for the most part, every time he took it, he made it.

LeBron going to Wade's team puts him more in the Scottie Pippen role, though I think in reality it will be more like they split the two. When the game is on the line, it won't always be on LeBron to take the big shot. Sometimes he'll take it, sometimes he'll make it. Sometimes DWade will take it, sometimes he'll make it.

One thing I'll say being a Chicago boy and having watched probably 90% of the games during the Jordan/Pippen era, Scottie Pippen was one of the most UNDERrated players in the history of the game. The guy was a phenomenal talent. He could literally do everything. Great athlete, passer, handles, 3-point shot from the top of the key, rebounder, shut-down defender, ridiculous basketball IQ. He was a superstar in his own right. But other than Horace during the first three peat and Rodman and Kukoc during the second, no one else on those teams was ever better than average.

Refresh my memory, did the Bulls win any championships after Jordan split? One? Im genuinely asking. Not being sarcastic.

Oh, and I'll bet Lebron averages more than Wade.
D-MARV
A little off topic but...

Method
Of course he gonna say that. Dont make it true.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Method @ Jul 17 2010, 07:08 PM) *
Refresh my memory, did the Bulls win any championships after Jordan split? One? Im genuinely asking. Not being sarcastic.

Oh, and I'll bet Lebron averages more than Wade.

Bulls won none without Jordan, though in '94 after his first retirement, they got jobbed in their 2nd round match-up with the Knicks when the ref called a BULLSHIT foul on Scottie Pip for barely grazing Hubert Davis a solid second after he heaved up a last second three-pointer that would have hit nothing but air either way. Davis hit all three free throws to secure the game 5 win. Bulls won game 6 (which coulda shoulda woulda clinched it 4 games to 2) but the Knicks took game 7 at home. Bulls likely would have beaten Indiana in the conference finals and then met up with Houston in the finals (as the Knicks did, and lost).

When Jordan retired again after the '98 ship Phil Jackson quit and the Bulls dismantled the whole team, dealing Pip in a sign and trade to Houston.

And they haven't done jack shit since.
Method
Thx, bro. I was being serious. I just dont remember.
Big Slim Sweet
And I agree, James will average more PPG than Wade next year and every year they play together. But I do expect Wade to take those last shots at least as often as James, if not more.

And I also agree with all those who say with this decision James has taken his name out of the conversation for best player ever.
JD
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Jul 17 2010, 03:45 PM) *
I see Bosh becoming a 15-10 guy next year. Basically, Horace Grant.

And I agree, Heat will wreak havoc in the regular season, but their lack of toughness may very well be exposed in the playoffs. Bosh IMO is a sissy. They need to hope some Brad Miller, Kurt Thomas types are willing to come play for the minimum.

Give me Greg Oden first. Durant second.

laugh.gif

Imagine if the Blazers had drafted Durant to go with Roy and Aldridge.

Bosh has become seriously overrated in all of this...he is good. I think LeBron could be close to a triple double guy there, 22...9...9, while Wade averages 24 or 25. With that, I expect Wade to take the big shots.

And man, if the Blazers took Durant, FORGET about it. While I don't think he scores the way he does now, he would still be absurd. Dude hits everything and he is only going to get better as he grows into his body.

If I need to win a game right now, I will take Kobe...if I am building a team for the next decade, I am all about Durant.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 17 2010, 11:02 PM) *
Bosh has become seriously overrated in all of this...he is good. I think LeBron could be close to a triple double guy there, 22...9...9, while Wade averages 24 or 25. With that, I expect Wade to take the big shots.

And man, if the Blazers took Durant, FORGET about it. While I don't think he scores the way he does now, he would still be absurd. Dude hits everything and he is only going to get better as he grows into his body.

If I need to win a game right now, I will take Kobe...if I am building a team for the next decade, I am all about Durant.

Durant is sick and I'd be all for it if he went to the Blazers..Durant is just a pure scorer..It goes Celtics,Bulls,then Blazers for me..If Blazers had Durant with Roy,they'd be one bad ass team..Ald is a beast too for what he can do for being so undersized..Dude needs to gain some weight..hahaha..Yet,he gets the job done and is a really good player..

LJ will NOT be a triple double guy on the Heat if ya ask me..Double double,for sure..Bosh is real good but the more I think about it,I'm glad we got Boozer in the Chi over him..
JD
He won't be a triple double guy...but what I said was that I think he could be close. Very low twenties...and 8 or 9 boards to go with 8 or 9 assists.
D-MARV
Agree with JD... I think Wade will be the lead scorer. AND BOSH has become soooo OVERRATED. He'll be forgotten after a while.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 18 2010, 11:23 AM) *
Agree with JD... I think Wade will be the lead scorer. AND BOSH has become soooo OVERRATED. He'll be forgotten after a while.

I always laugh when someone says,the all time leading scorer on the Raptors----CHRIS BOSH...hahahaha..The Raptors sucks and always have since they very first appeared in the league which seems not too long ago..
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 8 2010, 05:26 PM) *
No state tax either.

I think it's lame...Jordan would never have followed anyone to another team, he would look at it as a challenge to whoop their asses. LeBron would rather be Clyde than Michael.

WEAK.
LeBrone said he's receiving less than $3oM in his new contract with Miami...I do realize his intense desire to get a championship ring than personal glory...this guy is very very good but basketball is a team play, he need a PIPPEN, a RODMAN and a Phil Jackson to get his dream come true...
Big Slim Sweet
Anyone read MJ's comments on this whole thing yesterday? "In all honesty I was trying to beat those guys." Gotta love it.

Bosh is a very good player. He is not a superstar. I actually like both Boozer and Stoudemire better, though with age and/or injuries I'd probably take Bosh.

If the Heat get off to ANY kind of slow start you can bet Riley will be back on the bench in no time.
D-MARV
Didn't want to start another thread but there are reports that Chris Paul may be headed to the Lakers...

Paul, Kobe, Gasol shits ALL OVER James, Wdae, and Bosh.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 22 2010, 04:37 PM) *
Didn't want to start another thread but there are reports that Chris Paul may be headed to the Lakers...

Paul, Kobe, Gasol shits ALL OVER James, Wdae, and Bosh.

Paul may go to the Magic,Knicks,or Lakers..If he went to the Lakers,I'd be so pissed..I hate the Lakers more than any team but I would rather see Lakers win a championship over James/Wade dream team that they set up..I don't think Paul will go to the Lakers but he'd be a pussy if he did..Paul,Kobe,and Gasol are way more a threat than James,Wade,and Bosh..Gasol would shit all over Bosh,Kobe would light up Wade,and Paul would destroy Chalmers..
JD
His first choice is apparently NY, but the Knicks may not have the chips to get him - unless they are willing to give away another few years worth of 1's.
Spyder
I wouldn't mind seeing Orlando get him...then ALL eyes would be on Florida where they belong!

laugh.gif
D-MARV
Personally, I would love to see him in DC... LMAO

Anyways... I wouldn't mind him going to the Knicks... with Carmelo likely heading there next year, that would be a tremendous force. Orlando with benefit with him on the squad and I would favor them to be the best team in Florida.
Spyder
I agree....and the whole city of Cleveland would become Magic fans. lol
D-MARV
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jul 22 2010, 06:48 PM) *
I agree....and the whole city of Cleveland would become Magic fans. lol

LOL... yep.
JonnyBlaze
I'd want to see Paul in NY or on the Magic if I had to pick..Probably the Knicks though just because the franchise has sucked for a long time and I'd like to see how well Paul and Stoud. work together..
King Eugene
I personally dont think Kobe would care too much to have him on the Lakers. They have no use for him.
Big Slim Sweet
I'd like to see him traded to OKC to team up with Durant and Westbrook (though Westbrook would likely be going to the Hornets in that case).

I hope they don't end up trading him to one of the 3-4 teams he's told them he wants to play for. This is starting to look like a disturbing trend in the NBA, where star players dictate where they play and who they play with.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.