Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The NFL Thread...
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
JD
Just recently, referring to the Patriots video-taping and cheating practices when he was there, Josh McDaniels had this to say "That was practiced, that was coached, that was worked on."
hitman harding
QUOTE (JD @ Nov 29 2010, 08:49 PM) *
Just recently, referring to the Patriots video-taping and cheating practices when he was there, Josh McDaniels had this to say "That was practiced, that was coached, that was worked on."

9-2 ın a rebuilding year wıth a monolopy board ın the next draft VS a 9-2 veteran team wıth future Cap Issues and a locker room ready to explode wıth parasites ......
Green New Jersey has to win It know or never ..... With Sanchez as QB good luck with the 50 year anniversary celebrations in 2018
hitman harding
Oh Lets hope Woodhead shows all you green new jersey fans what you lost ....
JD
Woodhead...great move by the Pats and a great fit for them. He is a good player and in the end, losing Kevin Faulk was the best thing that could have happened to the Pats, because if they didn't, they would have never grabbed Woodhead.

As for everything else, sadly, the Super Bowls won in New England will all be tarnished due to this cheating story that just won't seem to go away, thanks to former Belicheck employees...like Josh McDaniels..."That was practiced, that was coached, that was worked on."

Good luck next Monday night...your boys are on a mission and playing terrific in a year that they should not be. drinks.gif

hitman harding
QUOTE (JD @ Nov 30 2010, 02:40 PM) *
Woodhead...great move by the Pats and a great fit for them. He is a good player and in the end, losing Kevin Faulk was the best thing that could have happened to the Pats, because if they didn't, they would have never grabbed Woodhead.

As for everything else, sadly, the Super Bowls won in New England will all be tarnished due to this cheating story that just won't seem to go away, thanks to former Belicheck employees...like Josh McDaniels..."That was practiced, that was coached, that was worked on."

Good luck next Monday night...your boys are on a mission and playing terrific in a year that they should not be. drinks.gif

Will Kyle Wilson and the LB stop the slant routes and dink and dunks from Brady ? Stop the Pats TE's and slot receivers and win the turn over battle and the jets win .....
Good luck on Monday and better luck on a sad Tuesday
JD
Don't underestimate them using Cro on a TE here and there, the Jets mix up coverage schemes a lot unless of course you are dealing with two stud receivers. With the Pats TE's, the Jets will definitely use a corner on them at different times during the game.

It will be an interesting game...hopefully Woody can go.

I appreciate the heartfelt wishes because I know evening the series up this year is essential for you guys - lose here and it's basically a 2 game lead.
streetlion1
I'll go on record now and say I think the Vikings will win out. Too bad the coaching move didnt happen a couple weeks ago...we wouldve still had a shot at the playoffs....at 9-7 we will need alot of help to get in. We are at home against Buffalo this week....we are probably gonna be without Peterson and the Bills have looked pretty good lately but we will handle them.

Viking over Bills 28-17
JD
AP will play this week.
hitman harding
Chargers are one team İd like to avoid in the Playoffs . If Matty Cassel beats up on the Donkeys then the San Dıego vs Kansas game December 12th will be a great match up. Young gun Offence vs Awesome Defence It will be a treat to watch
İ hope the Raiders beat the Chargers ...... But mad Uncle Al will find a way to screw İt up !
JD
Nah...you should want to see the Chargers. Same story with them every year, they will be toast come January after another late season run.

I would take NE over SD in the post season without much though regardless where the game is.
Spyder
I miss the days when everyone laughed at the Patriots...back then, it made being a Bucs fan a little easier.
JD
bad.gif

Horrible...embarrassed in every facet. They didn't even show up...congrats on homefield, Hitman.

Go ahead, have at it - I got nothing in return for you.
hitman harding
QUOTE (JD @ Dec 7 2010, 07:40 AM) *
bad.gif

Horrible...embarrassed in every facet. They didn't even show up...congrats on homefield, Hitman.

Go ahead, have at it - I got nothing in return for you.

I felt bad for the gang green after that beat down ........Rex took his humble pie well. Good luck in the playoffs Gang Green lets hope we meet again ın the AFC championship game
JD
Don't feel bad...they got better at talking than playing.

In fairness, they had it coming...and with some of the calls he made out there, it was clear he believed his own hype. Coming out passing? Trying 55 yarder down 7 and giving Brady a short field? That was just a beating of epic proportions - congrats.
Method
I like the Jets, but with some of the wins they have been getting over the past 3-4 weeks, this kinda makes sense.
BGv2.0
I HATE Tom Brady! If I could I would capture him, sell him to queers and let them fill up his chin dent with splooge!
Run and Gun Game Calls
Sadly Im a cowboy fan that hates his team owner, and its starting QB. Lol Rough days to be a cowboy fan. At least we have demarcus ware to watch on sunday, lol thats about the best thing I can say about them atm
Method
I HATE Romo, but I love Jerry Jones. Put him up there w Steinbrenner. At least the guy wants to fucking win and aint afraid to open his wallet to do it. Mt team is run by a bunch of fucking Jews.
Run and Gun Game Calls
Jerry Jones wants to win, but wont stay out of a coachs way so that a winning atmosphere can be built. How do you run off a two time super bowl defending coach? Also disagree with way he dismissed Tom Landry
Method
Yeah, I loved Tom Landry. Liked Jimmy Johnson and Parcels too. Fuck, I even liked Barry Switzer....as OK was my favorite team when Switzer coached them (still are among my faves).

I wasn't crazy about Wade Phillips. Even though I like Dallas outside of playing my guys, they act entitled to a lot of success...but you stil have to play the games. I think they made a big mistake getting rid T.O.

Still though, I like Jerry Jones.

I cant dispute your (or anyone's) gripe w him though.

I think Tony Romo is the most overrated QB behind Eli Manning.
Run and Gun Game Calls
its not a coincidence that the team started winning when a very average QB took over for Romo. Kitna is nothing special, but much more consistant than romo.
Method
Yeah. Romo = Happy Feet. That said, They beat the Eagles 3 times last season...but I had an overrated piece of shit air guitar player as a QB
Run and Gun Game Calls
actually the eagles are my pick in the NFC. Vick is 10x the qb he was before he got locked up. Than dumb mistakes he made in atlanta he no longer makes.
Method
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Dec 10 2010, 10:01 PM) *
actually the eagles are my pick in the NFC. Vick is 10x the qb he was before he got locked up. Than dumb mistakes he made in atlanta he no longer makes.

I hear ya. Im just talking McNabb/Romo.

With the competitiveness of the season this year, the Eagles are NOT a shoe-in for the playoffs. Got the Cowboys 2x's, the Gints and the Vikes. It's not out of line the possibility that they go 1-3 in the last four. They need to go 3-1 to make the playoffs, me thinks. Not sure 2-2 does it.
Run and Gun Game Calls
I think with The favre situation the vikings are about to implode, The eagle to me should be the favorite in that game, and i think they beat dallas at least once. I also feel they will beat the hell out of the giants. or at least i hope so, I hate eli manning
JD
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Dec 10 2010, 08:44 PM) *
its not a coincidence that the team started winning when a very average QB took over for Romo. Kitna is nothing special, but much more consistant than romo.

I think the team starting to win had more to do with Garrett taking over than Kitna.

After Romo went down against the Giants, the Kitna led Cowboys got beat by the Jags and destroyed by Green Bay. Wade got fired, Garrett took over, and they 3-1 with him as the coach.

As for Jerry...he wants to win, but man, he refuses to let the guys he pays do their jobs. Let your scouts scout and your coaches coach...everyone is afraid to say no to the guy
Run and Gun Game Calls
JD the thing I dont get it, why are they winning now that garrett is the head coach? Do you think its a change in culture? If so thats a very fast turn around. Or is it Garrett was sandbagging the offense while Wade was head coach? I know it sounds far fetched, but the offense is much more balanced now, and they are running the ball now. Did garret sabotage wade?
JD
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Dec 11 2010, 11:54 AM) *
JD the thing I dont get it, why are they winning now that garrett is the head coach? Do you think its a change in culture? If so thats a very fast turn around. Or is it Garrett was sandbagging the offense while Wade was head coach? I know it sounds far fetched, but the offense is much more balanced now, and they are running the ball now. Did garret sabotage wade?

It's a spark...guys are suddenly up because of a change. The players had no confidence in Wade, and they apparently have some in Garrett. Dallas is loaded with talent, they just weren't loaded with effort - since Garrett took over, that has changed, and it was clear as day against the Giants.
caneman

dammit.com
Spyder
Damn Minnesota, they're lucky the game wasn't in progress when that shit collapsed.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I drove by that today on the way to school, that was a crazy site. The dome just looks flat. Minnesota may get the chance to see some outdoor football in December, as TCF Bank Stadium may host the game next Monday night. I've been to most the Gopher games there in the last couple years, and it's a nice stadium that holds about 50,000 people. Right now it feels like it's 30 below 0, so yea that'd be a cold game at night. With the team out of contention, I can't see too many people packing in the bank to watch them get killed by the Bears.

As a Packer fan, I'll admit, that streak was crazy. He's provided a lot of great moments over the years, and I'll never forget being an excited 8 year old kid when the Pack won that super bowl in 97. My family from Wisconsin hates him with a passion now, but I respect him for coming back this year. He's deserved his beating, but he's took it like a man and didn't quit. The Packers could lose out if they don't get Rodgers back which sucks. Team needs to get a running game.
Spyder
JD, what's up with your strength coach?

That's some 1954 Tommy Lewis type shit...lol

JD
That was terrible...dude would have been better off getting fired.

He is a strength and conditioning coach, what could he make? No pay for the rest of the year and $25k is gonna sting him for sure.
Spyder
QUOTE (JD @ Dec 14 2010, 12:46 PM) *
That was terrible...dude would have been better off getting fired.

He is a strength and conditioning coach, what could he make? No pay for the rest of the year and $25k is gonna sting him for sure.

No kidding...the fine was a bit harsh.
Method
Jets say Alosi formed wall of players

Posted by Mike Florio on December 15, 2010, 2:22 PM EST
SalAlosi

The NFL told us Monday that it wouldn’t investigate whether the Jets formed a wall of sideline personnel aimed at creating an artificial barrier to the ability of Dolphins gunner to run out of bounds while covering a punt. The Jets apparently decided to conduct their own investigations, and they’ve concluded that the so-called Alosi alignment was created by strength coach Sal Alosi himself.

And so the Jets have suspended Alosi indefinitely, changing their suspension of him that previously would have expired after the 2010 regular season and postseason, if there is one for the Jets.

The announcement came in a conference call with G.M. Mike Tannenbaum, who per Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger said that the Jets “discovered” that Alosi instructed players to form a wall on the sideline. Tannenbaum explained that players interviewed on Tuesday said that Alosi told them to stand next to each other.

The strategy imploded when Alosi decided to stick a knee in the direction of Carroll, tripping him up and exposing the scheme.

The process apparently ends with Alosi. Tannenbaum said that no other coaches told Alosi to do it. On Monday, head coach Rex Ryan denied knowledge of any such plan, even though video of the incident shows Ryan standing in a spot where he could plainly see Alosi and the others. On Tuesday, specials-teams coordinator Mike Westhoff likewise denied responsibility for the incident.

Left unanswered for now is whether Alosi had used this approach in the past, or whether it was unveiled for the first time on Sunday. Tannenbaum said that the team is investigating whether it happened in other games.

It also appears that Alosi was dishonest with the media and, presumably, the team. “No, it wasn’t anything that was instructed,” Alosi said in a Monday press conference. “Our inactive players, our guys that don’t play, we try to keep those guys focused on the game. Root their players on. There was a double-vice that was right there on our sideline and we wanted to cheer on our guys.”

Tannenbaum said today that it’s a “big concern” that Alosi didn’t share all information with them on Monday. That’s a nice way of saying Alosi lied and, frankly, he needs to be fired because of it.

Employers need to be able to expect honesty from employees when investigating potential wrongdoing. When an employee is caught lying in connection with such matters, the decision unfortunately becomes very easy.

Moving forward, it’ll be interesting to see whether Alosi admits that it was all his idea, or whether he’ll point a finger at Ryan or Westhoff. Regardless of how it all turns out, we find it hard to believe that no one noticed what was happening, if Alosi was doing it for multiple games.

Of course, Alosi’s candor will depend on his ultimate penalty. If he saves his job, it’s likely that he’ll shut his mouth.

hitman harding
QUOTE (Method @ Dec 15 2010, 03:27 PM) *
Jets say Alosi formed wall of players

Posted by Mike Florio on December 15, 2010, 2:22 PM EST
SalAlosi

The NFL told us Monday that it wouldn’t investigate whether the Jets formed a wall of sideline personnel aimed at creating an artificial barrier to the ability of Dolphins gunner to run out of bounds while covering a punt. The Jets apparently decided to conduct their own investigations, and they’ve concluded that the so-called Alosi alignment was created by strength coach Sal Alosi himself.

And so the Jets have suspended Alosi indefinitely, changing their suspension of him that previously would have expired after the 2010 regular season and postseason, if there is one for the Jets.

The announcement came in a conference call with G.M. Mike Tannenbaum, who per Jenny Vrentas of the Newark Star-Ledger said that the Jets “discovered” that Alosi instructed players to form a wall on the sideline. Tannenbaum explained that players interviewed on Tuesday said that Alosi told them to stand next to each other.

The strategy imploded when Alosi decided to stick a knee in the direction of Carroll, tripping him up and exposing the scheme.

The process apparently ends with Alosi. Tannenbaum said that no other coaches told Alosi to do it. On Monday, head coach Rex Ryan denied knowledge of any such plan, even though video of the incident shows Ryan standing in a spot where he could plainly see Alosi and the others. On Tuesday, specials-teams coordinator Mike Westhoff likewise denied responsibility for the incident.

Left unanswered for now is whether Alosi had used this approach in the past, or whether it was unveiled for the first time on Sunday. Tannenbaum said that the team is investigating whether it happened in other games.

It also appears that Alosi was dishonest with the media and, presumably, the team. “No, it wasn’t anything that was instructed,” Alosi said in a Monday press conference. “Our inactive players, our guys that don’t play, we try to keep those guys focused on the game. Root their players on. There was a double-vice that was right there on our sideline and we wanted to cheer on our guys.”

Tannenbaum said today that it’s a “big concern” that Alosi didn’t share all information with them on Monday. That’s a nice way of saying Alosi lied and, frankly, he needs to be fired because of it.

Employers need to be able to expect honesty from employees when investigating potential wrongdoing. When an employee is caught lying in connection with such matters, the decision unfortunately becomes very easy.

Moving forward, it’ll be interesting to see whether Alosi admits that it was all his idea, or whether he’ll point a finger at Ryan or Westhoff. Regardless of how it all turns out, we find it hard to believe that no one noticed what was happening, if Alosi was doing it for multiple games.

Of course, Alosi’s candor will depend on his ultimate penalty. If he saves his job, it’s likely that he’ll shut his mouth.

Jets Senior GM and NFL Guru Roger Goodell has said that unless your part of the Patriot mafia the NFL will take no action on any cheating or breaking of league rules ...... nothing will happen to his beloved Jets team and İf the media can spin İt into a Patrıots where doing it first İt will blow over real fast .....

I have to think Phat Rex was the brains behind this form of cheating too win plan .

What a sad day for football
JD
LOL...this story cracks me up.

I think the coaches are lined up there on a lot of teams, and of course it is intentional and not illegal since they are in the coaches box - though the moron Alosi tripping someone is pathetic and he should not have been there since he is not an active player or a coach, they should just make him go out on the field and try that.

Kind of like this...

In short, I agree though - if you cheat, you should be dealt with accordingly...yes?
hitman harding
QUOTE (JD @ Dec 17 2010, 01:19 PM) *
LOL...this story cracks me up.

I think the coaches are lined up there on a lot of teams, and of course it is intentional and not illegal since they are in the coaches box - though the moron Alosi tripping someone is pathetic and he should not have been there since he is not an active player or a coach, they should just make him go out on the field and try that.

Kind of like this...

In short, I agree though - if you cheat, you should be dealt with accordingly...yes?

Gotta love BB givin the Marvin sum luv .... Phat Rex has a new logo if we cant beatem let cheatem. What a copy cat coach !
JD
QUOTE (hitman harding @ Dec 17 2010, 04:04 PM) *
Gotta love BB givin the Marvin sum luv .... Phat Rex has a new logo if we cant beatem let cheatem. What a copy cat coach !

LOL...that clip cracks me up, Harrison looks at him and you can tell he is thinking "What the fuck is this guy doing?!?"

Rex did always see that Belicheat is the best coach...so...
streetlion1
Well so much for my Vikings :-(.....Looks like its Joe Webb for the last few games so we'll get to see a little bit of what he can do.

It looks more and more like the Patriots are gonna steamroll through the playoffs. I dont see anyone stopping them in the AFC.....I would give the Steelers the best shot with the Chargers always being dangerous.

The NFC is gonna be interesting. I think the Eagles of course are there and are probably my favorite to come out but im not sleepin on the Falcons either. It wont be the Bears...and the NFC West isnt worth mentioning.
JD
Don't sleep on the Saints.
streetlion1
QUOTE (JD @ Dec 17 2010, 10:53 PM) *
Don't sleep on the Saints.

I really dont like the Saints...or the Gaints as I call them. I dont think they will go far in the playoffs...thier defense is nowhere near the level it was last year. Ray Rice carved them up yesterday. Speaking of yesterday....the Eagles are just too deadly!! Someone is gonna have to knock Vick outta the game to beat them.

Looks like its gonna be Eagles vs Patriots.
JD
Their D has actually been better this year. Less takeaways, but tougher against the pass as long as Greer and Porter are healthy.

You can dislike them, but they are not going to be an easy out.

I wouldn't be so ready to put the Eagles and Pats in the Super Bowl...it's the NFL, and this year shows it more than any other - crazy things happen.
streetlion1
That was ugly.....very ugly last night. Things only get worse....we have to play Vick in Philly next week sad.gif

Vick is my fantasy QB though.....maybe I'll get another 6TD performance.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Packers have a huge game this Sunday. I don't think the Giants will be able to regroup after what happened last Sunday. That was one of the most epic collapses and great finishes to a game I've ever seen. It just all happened at once in the last 8 minutes of the game. That really helped Green Bay a lot, and hopefully with Rodgers they'll win these last two games. It's truly been a crazy season, with some epic moments.
Warlord
If the Falcons can beat New Orleans this weekend they'll get home field advantage throughout the playoffs, where they are tough to beat.

Philly is the only team in the NFC that the Falcons absolutely cannot match up with, and I pray to God someone knocks them out early or it will come down to Atlanta and Philly in the NFC championship game. Where Atlanta will get spanked.
JD
LOL...Roddy White is trying to wake the Saints up.
Method
What up Boys.
JD
Playoff picks...what do you got?
BGv2.0
NO over Seattle....EASY.

Jets/Colts....pick em.

Ravens over KC....EASY.

AND...I actually consider GB/Philly a pick em match up.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.