Full Version: The NFL Thread...
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Warlord
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jan 4 2011, 12:54 PM) *
NO over Seattle....EASY.

Jets/Colts....pick em.

Ravens over KC....EASY.

AND...I actually consider GB/Philly a pick em match up.

I'd shit my pants if the Seahawks pulled the upset against New Orleans. I don't smell it happening yet, but I'll let you know the closer it gets to game day.
JD
NO over Seattle - this will be over quick. Even with Chris Ivory out, Jimmy Graham, Malcolm Jenkins, Pierre Thomas and Marques Colston all questionable, the Saints will jump out early and never look back.

GB over Philly - one of the two tough games to call all weekend. I like the way GB is playing better than Philly right now, and I see Aaron Rodgers having a field day out there. Shootout, but GB is clicking right now.

Balt over KC - the Chiefs are a bit of a mess right now. Cassel will not come up big and the Ravens will focus all their attention to Jamaal Charles. Ravens win by 10.

Jets over Indy - yeah, go ahead and slam me on this one. This Indy team is worse than last year by far, and this Jets team is better offensively (though not playing as well defensively). This will be higher scoring than many think and will probably come down to a special teams play. Manning will have success down the middle, and the Jets will have success in whichever phase Indy does not focus on, because they can either sellout to stop the run or pass - not both. This will be a field goal game either way.
Lil-lightsout
ALL I care about is Philly losing, okay and the Pats NOT winning the superbowl. Whatever else happens I do not care.
JD
Man...shit just got real difficult for N'awlins.

Chris Ivory on IR yesterday, Pierre Thomas on IR today. Their backfield is in shambles.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I got NO over Seattle. I don't think it will be as much a blowout as others think. Seattle is a really tough place to play, and those fans will be amped up for sure. The team will feed off that energy, and the game will be competitive. Not to mention, NO's running game isn't much with both guys down. Hasselback can still play, and they did beat Chicago earlier in the year. I'm just saying, right now the records are 0-0, and anything can happen. However, I do think NO will pull out a close one.

I also got Jets over Indy. The Colts nearly didn't make the playoffs, and if Jax doesn't choke or get hurt, they are prolly in. Indy didn't impress much this year either. Jets D will stand up, and Sanchez will do enough to win.

I got the Ravens over KC. KC played in a weaker division, and Cassell has never played in a playoff game. The Ravens D is still top notch, and they'll stop both the run and pass. Flacco is getting better every year it seems, and he'll shine against the Chiefs. Finally, I got the Packers over the Eagles. Im a packer fan, so that's a biased pick.

BGv2.0
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jan 5 2011, 10:15 AM) *
ALL I care about is the Pats NOT winning the superbowl. Whatever else happens I do not care.

AMEN brother! I would rather see a Seattle/KC Superbowl that ends in a 3-3 tie than to see those cheating buttfuckers win again!
BGv2.0
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jan 5 2011, 12:39 AM) *
I'd shit my pants if the Seahawks pulled the upset against New Orleans. I don't smell it happening yet, but I'll let you know the closer it gets to game day.

I guess you shit all over yourself then! lol

Did I say "EASY"....

wow....just proves that you never know in the NFL.

KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Packers got this game today. I'm friggin hyped for it, and look for another great performance from Aaron Rodgers. This year, the D will step up in the playoffs and keep that pressure on Vick. When a team gets pressure on Vick, he crumbles. The Packers will do this, and the corners will shut down Jackson and Maclin. This game is HUGE for McCarthy and Rodgers though. Those two really need a playoff win.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
WOOOOOO! Bring on ATL, Matty Ice can be done next week too.
Warlord
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jan 9 2011, 01:32 AM) *
I guess you shit all over yourself then! lol

Did I say "EASY"....

wow....just proves that you never know in the NFL.

Yep, that SWEET stench of shit you guys smell is coming from yours truly. Fan-fucking-tastic.

I heard an interview recently with an Aint's fan who was asked what he'd rather see, the Aint's winning another Super Bowl, or the Aint's knocking the Falcons out of the playoffs. He said if he had to choose, he'd take booting Atlanta out over winning the Super Bowl. That right there tells you the level of animosity between these two teams, and their fans.

So with that, I'd just like to send out a nice, big, FUCK YOU to New Orleans and all their hurricane-suffering fans.

QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN)
WOOOOOO! Bring on ATL, Matty Ice can be done next week too.

Man, your boy can't even stay out of the clinic long enough to whip Atlanta. Dude will be out with a concussion before the half.

You'll be doing your best Cory Spinks impression for me after the game... Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hitman harding
The Jets v Patriots will be real nasty in the trenches and one would expect Sanchise will be a targeted all night long with a wrinkled Biıtz package. As bıg Vince Wilfork has said bring on the run game as Im a wait to stuff it. Sanchise will be crushed in the snow.
Cant wait to see Sexy Rexy finally bend down and kiss BB rings and then shut up for a few months
JD
It ain't going to be easy...that's for sure. New England is nicked up on the D-line, so that helps - but then again, everyone is nicked up right now.

I think it will be a close game this time around, but New England is going to be tough to beat at their place. In the end though, the AFC worked out exactly as it should.
Method
Fucking Eagles, man.

Fly all the way up there and freeze tits for that.

Sick seats though.

Directly on the 50. 4th Row. Motherfucked the shit out of Aaron Rogers.
Lil-lightsout
Thank you Packers! I can not stand the Eagles and their dumb ass fans.

Now all I need is the Pats to lose...and I'm good.
Big Slim Sweet
Bears are gonna take the Seahawks apart on Sunday. Lovie's had a 4 leaf clover up his ass the whole season and it just continues to continue. This really couldn't have worked out any better. That week 6 game means zip.

Can't bring myself to root for the Packers when I watch them but I sure would love to see them here next weekend playing us for the NFC championship. If for no other reason than we wouldn't have to go to the Georgia Dome. Atlanta's tougher than folks are giving them credit for. They seem to have no real weaknesses. Do everything really good, nothing spectacular.

I would love to see Baltimore and the Jets pull the upsets this weekend. Doubt it, but I'd love it.
SmartyBeardo
Green Bay will be visiting The 12th Man Zone.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Matty Ice about to get ICED...Clay Matthews is going to have a huge game tonight. Go PACK!
SmartyBeardo
Green Bay redefining bitch slappin'.
The Original MrFactor
Ouch!!! That one hurt tonite... Well, its time for me to say Falcons going 16-0 and to the Superbowl, NEXT year.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
That was one hell of a game. Rodgers played out of his mind, and he's really taken ownership of the QB position in GB. That was a statement right there. I don't think Ryan should have been voted into the pro bowl over Rodgers, but the Packers might be on their way to a Superbowl if they play like that. Tramon Williams is a beast too. Two HUGE picks, that in my opinion, really changed the tone of the game. The Falcons were driving both times, and those turnovers led to points. Those were game changers, and Tramon Williams has played great this postseason. The five sacks didn't hurt either. The Packers did a great job of getting to Ryan. Ryan only had three incomplete passes when they met in the regular season, so it was great to see the D shut him down more. Besides the Jennings turnover, the receivers played great too. Jones and Nelson had no drops, and that has plagued the Pack a lot this season.

Good luck with those Falcons next year man. They have a good team, but play in a tough division. NO is a tough team to beat, and the Bucs seem to be getting better every day. They had one hell of a season though.
Spyder
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jan 16 2011, 04:32 AM) *

This is a no win sitch any way I look at it. Best case scenario is the Jets beat both the Pats and the Stealers, then suffer a beatdown in the Superbowl.

Can't stand any of em.

I'm counting on Cutler choking this afternoon and The 12th Man taking care of the Packers. Long shot but everybody including the majority of Seattlites had them dead and buried before last week's game. They got nothin to lose and Hasselback has been all the way there (before getting robbed blind by the refs in 2005).

Fuck The Stealers.
SmartyBeardo
Well, that is the end of that Cinderella, but they never ever quit, and they were still in it till that last onside kick. Green Bay takes Chicago.
SmartyBeardo
Thank you, New York Jets. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 16 2011, 11:42 PM) *
Thank you, New York Jets. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Yes, yes, yes, and yes!

Eagles out, check. Patriots out, check. Steelers out...crosses fingers. Thought I would just be happy with those two, but I will be greedy and now root for a Steelers loss.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jan 17 2011, 03:38 AM) *
Yes, yes, yes, and yes!

Eagles out, check. Patriots out, check. Steelers out...crosses fingers. Thought I would just be happy with those two, but I will be greedy and now root for a Steelers loss.

Well buddy you can wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which ones fill up faster! Cause it aint gonna happen! There has only been one 6th seeded team to win the crown and that was the STeelers...it aint gonna happen again!

Although I'm happy the Jets knocked those faggot Pats out of it....I wish nothing but heartache and pain for them come next Sunday!

Last time they eeked past the Steelers they did so without Troy...he will be there this time and you can bet between him and the INSANE crowd noise level.....Dirty Sanchez is FUCKED!

Stairway to Seven baby!!!! AND in TX....I will blow a large chunk of my savings to get this thing should Pittsburg get there!

If Ben and the boys can win another....people can shove all that BS about the Pats being the only dynasty in this era!
JD
We'll see next weekend...it won't be easy.

If the Jets win in Pitt, they will have gone through Manny, Brady and Roethlisberger all on the road - brutal.
hitman harding
I have come back to take my humble pie from all the Phat arse Ryan lovers out there .......hail Rex hail the great man hail !

Good luck Green New Jersey maybe the monkey will fianlly come of your back after 40+ years !

I will be cheering for the Jets over the scum of the earth Steelers this weekend
BGv2.0
QUOTE (JD @ Jan 17 2011, 08:50 AM) *
We'll see next weekend...it won't be easy.

If the Jets win in Pitt, they will have gone through Manny, Brady and Roethlisberger all on the road - brutal.

You know what...honestly I blow off a LOT of BS in support of my team. I'm well aware that the Jets are no push over. I actually like them and always check out their games and usually root for them...UNLESS it's against my team...then I have to hope with all my heart they lose.

BUT...I actually like them. Unlike the Pats, who I HATE with every fiber of my being. If you told me I had to make a choice between my team losing to the Pats or the Jets...I'd take the Jets every time, because I respect them and like them overall. I hate the Pats because they have America brainwashed...people see those American colors and they hear this "oh we don't talk trash, we just want to play football" routine and think it is sincere....when it's actually a load of BS. Talk to any opposing player in the NFL and they will tell you the Pats are some dirty MF's on the field...and then they run up the score on hapless opposition...it's such a load of BS.

I still think them deffering and the whole "benching Welker" thing was a slight by BB....a way of saying we are so good...here is the ball and I'll even leave one of my best recievers out. Notice that whole benching BS only lasted until they realized they were in a F'N dogfight after the first series...then he came back out.

Smug BS....hate them!

If the Jets do manage to pull off the win...they deserve to win it all....because that is a brutal run.

I just feel like LT is too old to run in an effective manner on this Steeler defense, and I think the pressure will fall on Mark Sanchez and with the crowd noise and with Troy being back in the line up...I just see him making a mistake at some point...or a few mistakes....Dick LeBeau will have a whole new game plan with troy in the line up.

Beating the Steelers without Troy is like beating the Colts without Manning....he is that big on the other side of the ball.

JD
Anyone running against that Steeler D is in a miserable spot...that's why the Jets have two horses.

Something is still not right with Polamalu...seeing Ray Rice roast him and then run him over showed that something was off, thankfully though, Ryan Clark was big.

I think the Steelers o-line woes will show up, but at the same time, I think the Jets will need to be great with their o-line. It is going to be a close game and it comes down to who left more on the field the week before. Pitt was in a much more physically taxing game, but the Jets spent so much emotional energy going in, it may be a wash.

Tough game...should be interesting, I am sure Rex will draw something nice up for Big Ben too. Can't come soon enough for me.
hitman harding
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jan 17 2011, 12:27 PM) *
You know what...honestly I blow off a LOT of BS in support of my team. I'm well aware that the Jets are no push over. I actually like them and always check out their games and usually root for them...UNLESS it's against my team...then I have to hope with all my heart they lose.

BUT...I actually like them. Unlike the Pats, who I HATE with every fiber of my being. If you told me I had to make a choice between my team losing to the Pats or the Jets...I'd take the Jets every time, because I respect them and like them overall. I hate the Pats because they have America brainwashed...people see those American colors and they hear this "oh we don't talk trash, we just want to play football" routine and think it is sincere....when it's actually a load of BS. Talk to any opposing player in the NFL and they will tell you the Pats are some dirty MF's on the field...and then they run up the score on hapless opposition...it's such a load of BS.

I still think them deffering and the whole "benching Welker" thing was a slight by BB....a way of saying we are so good...here is the ball and I'll even leave one of my best recievers out. Notice that whole benching BS only lasted until they realized they were in a F'N dogfight after the first series...then he came back out.

Smug BS....hate them!

If the Jets do manage to pull off the win...they deserve to win it all....because that is a brutal run.

I just feel like LT is too old to run in an effective manner on this Steeler defense, and I think the pressure will fall on Mark Sanchez and with the crowd noise and with Troy being back in the line up...I just see him making a mistake at some point...or a few mistakes....Dick LeBeau will have a whole new game plan with troy in the line up.

Beating the Steelers without Troy is like beating the Colts without Manning....he is that big on the other side of the ball.

Go Green Bay !
JD
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 19 2011, 09:47 AM) *
The Jets will have to score three times to get two, thanks to the zebra effect that always shows up at this time of the year in The Stealers favor. Just ask Baltimore about that, off mic.

Let's hope you're wrong, Smarty...though Seahawks fans would agree with you.

I don't see too many points being scored in this one though.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 19 2011, 09:47 AM) *
The Jets will have to score three times to get two, thanks to the zebra effect that always shows up at this time of the year in The Stealers favor. Just ask Baltimore about that, off mic.

I've heard this BS before that's a load of horseshit. It's an excuse.

I'm sure Big Ben, Wallace, Ward and the entire defensive unit has nothing to do with their wins right....it's all shady reffing?

BS!

The FACT that Pit OWNS Baltimore has zero to do with the refs. Hell that has been such a one-sided "rivalry" there have been whole new ref units that have come and gone....but they were all calling the shots right...

nonsense.

AND....even if in some alternate universe this was the case that the refs somehow are Pitt fans and making calls in their favor....then if you go in there and beat the ever loving shit out of them....I mean beat their asses...I don't care how much reff induced help they had...you would get the job done.

Light them up 34-10 or so....

BUT...that rarely happens because in this real world...it has nothing to do with the refs...it has to do with the teams....and that is a difficult task...and that FACT has zero to do with the zebras!
BGv2.0
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 19 2011, 11:10 PM) *
The only alternate universe around here is the one where Stealers fans reside. Keep rerunning that vid from last Saturday trying to rationalize that holding call. You know the one.

I've watched every Super Bowl ever played. The ref's have nearly always let the teams play. There is one glaringly pathetic exception. You know which one it is. It is the one you continually have to explain away. It is the one that you know deep down inside was a gift from the powers that be. It is the one that coined the name The Stealers.

It is the Super Bowl that will always have an asterisk next to it.

As a STEELER fan....I honestly have no idea which SB win you are speaking of....gosh there are so many we have won it's hard to keep straight....

enlighten us....which SB do you feel needs an *?

BGv2.0
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 20 2011, 09:30 AM) *
Classic, run of the mill Stealers fan, feigning ignorance camouflaged in false arrogance.

I'm not feigning shit...I have no idea what your going on about.

NOW...if I have to guess...I'm going to assume it's one of two possible calls in relation to these last two bowl wins.....either the pass in arizona game or Ben in the Seattle game....

but with your blatent dislike for the team...I'm sure you have issue with both.

So which is it?
BGv2.0
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 21 2011, 09:59 AM) *
Now we are drawing out the deep seed of guilt that will reside in The Squealer Nation forever. The asterisks to forever dismiss and explain away, or to camouflage in isolated incidents.

It wasn't isolated, it was blatant theft, and you and the whole Squealer Nation feel that seed deep down inside.

Why do you continue to side step the direct question?

I am asking you which particular SB win and more to the point...which call are you speaking of?

It's very simple....just answer it so I can retort.

All you do is talk about theft and Bs..but you refuse to get into specifics....and that makes it sound like sour grapes and nothing more.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 22 2011, 10:00 AM) *
I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to because deep down in places Stealer fans don't talk about at parties, you know the truth, just as sure as Patriot fans know the truth about a certain playoff game that was the impetus of their so called dynasty.

Just as sure as a huge portion of The Squealer Nation is made up of fools on the bandwagon exclusively because they have so many super bowl rings, every Stealer fan has that asterisk tattooed on their DNA. And you all just stumble forward mumbling, "what asterisk?"

There is no retort. It is there, as sure as your mommy and daddy. Live with it.

Go Jets. Do us one more big favor.

Man...that opening line makes zero sense...it's the rammbling typing of a person that is pissed off.

And I agree there have been a LOT of bandwagon jumpers, and they disgust me....I have been a Steeler fan since I was a small child...I lived through the Mark Malone and Bubby Brister years...so you will not find a bandwagon jumper here!

all you continue to do is bump your gums....without offering any specific argument. and you have been on this site long enough to know that makes you look like an ass that simply has no argument.

I HONESTLY want to know what exact game and play or plays you are speaking of.....why is it so hard for you to just address that?

Maybe because it does not exist?

You say there is no retort.....and to a degree you are correct...how can a person retort when the other guy refuses to state what the issue is?
Big Slim Sweet
I'm pretty sure Beardo's talking about the Superbowl 5 years ago, which was a very poorly officiated game.

Anyone got the Bears tomorrow? I don't know many folks picking them. Pack have become media darlings.
Spyder
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Jan 22 2011, 02:40 PM) *
I'm pretty sure Beardo's talking about the Superbowl 5 years ago, which was a very poorly officiated game.

Anyone got the Bears tomorrow? I don't know many folks picking them. Pack have become media darlings.

They split wins during the season, and the Pack has to go back into Soldier Field...with how close both games were, I say it's a pick 'em.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jan 22 2011, 03:42 PM) *
They split wins during the season, and the Pack has to go back into Soldier Field...with how close both games were, I say it's a pick 'em.

Both games were incredibly close too. Bears won 20-17 at Soldier, Pack won 10-3 last week of the season. Both games had a bit of an asterisk. Packers were penalized 18 times when the Bears win. Bears had nothing to play for when the Pack won.

I think we've got this. Rodgers can't have a 250 QB playoff rating his whole career. He's due for a clunker.

Bears 27-13.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
WOOOOO! Lets go Pack!!!! I'm hyped for this game, and I expect a good one. In week 3, the Packers really shot themselves in the foot the whole game. I think they had 18 penalties, and that Bears still barley beat them. It seems like both teams are different later in the season and postseason. In week 17 the Bears played all their starters in a meaningless game, but the Packers beat them. That was at Lambeau and both defenses played really well. Who knows what game to expect with the NFC Championship. Neither QB has been close to a game this big, so I could see them both struggling. I expect both defenses to show up, and really make a statement. However, the big difference will be the turnovers. Jay Cutler still hasn't shown he can play on an elite level yet. Even last week against Seattle, he threw one pick and should have had two. That one on the goaline could have went back to the house, and changed the entire game. Green Bay has a much better secondary than Seattle. Tramon Williams should be a pro-bowler and Charles Woodson is one of the better corners in the league. Nick Collins is still a solid safety, and he won't make things easy. Not to mention the pass rush that will be coming at Cutler. Matthews will have another big game, Hawk will show up big, and B.J. Raji will put some great pressure on as well. Dom Capers will have a plan to confuse Cutler, and the pressure will force him into bad decision. I 100% expect Cutler to throw about 3 interceptions tomorrow. The Bears D will be solid, but Rodgers won't turn the ball over. The Bears don't give up the big play, but they give up yardage. Rodgers should be able to dink and dunk his way down the field with short passes. Mason Crosby better be on his game, because the Bears may not give up that many TD's. However, turnovers will be huge in this defensive struggle. The Packers will win 13-3.

GO PACK!!
JD
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jan 22 2011, 03:42 PM) *

It amazes me how people are just disregarding the Bears in this one.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JD @ Jan 23 2011, 05:59 AM) *

No disregard, just a personal analysis of recent play.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (JD @ Jan 23 2011, 09:59 AM) *

I know it's insane....I just think with GB being hot and on a roll people are getting way too sucked in....that field is going to take some of the steam out of that offense...

it's going to be close no matter which way it goes....but the whole time I've been leaning toward DA BEARS!
JD
To Packer and Steeler nation...good luck in two weeks.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (JD @ Jan 23 2011, 11:15 PM) *
To Packer and Steeler nation...good luck in two weeks.

Hey thanks JD...as a fan I know that was a tough one...and had it been any other team opposite Mark and Company...I would have been supporting them, but they WILL get there...that team looks very good and will eventually claw their way in...there is ZERO doubt in my mind. They scared me the second half.

QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Jan 22 2011, 10:00 AM) *
Do us one more big favor.

Oh what was that favor Beardo....oh yeah...you were asking Big Ben and the boys to spray your face with a big money shot of hot steamy STFU!

Hope you enoyed it! fuck.gif

Now you can go buy a voodoo doll or whatever it is you need to take out your hatred for the gold and black in hopes that they lose to GB....oh wait that's if the refs allow them to...right....like they did tonight....

lol

Choke on it!

BGv2.0
This is funny!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pittsburgh-Steelers-sh...=item5f76fd4654

KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Here we go it's super bowl Sunday. I'm hyped for this game, and truly hope GB comes out on top. I really don't want to see that rapist get another ring, and hope Clay Matthews pounds him. I think it will be a low scoring game, with both teams having great defenses. Should be a good one though, GO PACK!!!
BGv2.0
Congrats! To true Packer fans!

All in all I'm happy with my team's season despite the loss....as banged up as they were early on, I never expected to even see them in the big game.

The only positives I can take from this loss was it did extend my football season as a fan...AND...I'm glad I did not pay the big bucks to go to Dallas, as anything less than a win would have been money down the toilet for me as a fan. And I did come close to plunking down $1600 3 weeks ago on a SRO ticket.

So here's hoping next year will be a 7th SB win for the STEEL TOWN!

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
You're team fought hard BG....I thought the rout was on when the pack got up 21-3. Steelers D really stepped up in that 3rd quarter and they got back in it. Hell of a game. I've been a Packer fan since 3rd grade, when they last won it. It's been way too long for this. Honestly, after the Detroit game where they got beat 7-3, I didn't think they would make the playoffs. That NE game really changed their mindsets, and they've played great ever since. I think a dynasty is on the way, and I can't wait til next year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.