Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The NFL Thread...
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
JD
Yeah...I liked Freeman coming out of college in a big way.

Everyone marveled at Russell's size and athleticism, but this kid makes Russell look downright uncoordinated...he was a FAR better prospect, and without all the publicity.

Spyder
Well, he was the fourth best quarterback in the Big 12 that year, so I kind of understand why he was overlooked.

But he's grown a ton since draft day, both as a player and a man. Last year he looked like a kid playing against men...

Not anymore.

JD
A lot of that had to do with his supporting cast.

I watched that throw over and over.
Spyder
Yeah, I remember that throw.

Freeman is well schooled...you could say that he was schooled to be a quarterback.

http://www.steveclarksondreammaker.com/training/alumni.html

Not a bad list of fellow alumni.
D-MARV
That throw was sick... I don't think people realize how hard it is to throw a ball on the run from that kind of angle.

Russell sucks ass!
Spyder
Russell wasn't even that good in college...I never understood the push that he got.
JD
I think throwing to Dwayne Bowe and Craig Davis didn't hurt.
Spyder
True. Those dudes were sick...didn't they both go in the first round?
streetlion1
Yeah! Randy Moss is back in Minnesota...now we have the 2nd best big play reciever in the league (behind Andre Johnson) so its time to whip the Jets!...no more excuses for Favre.
JD
See you on Monday Night.
King Eugene
Favre will eventually have AD, Moss, Rice, and Harvin. He has no excuses!
King Eugene
Hey JD, do you remember Tory Woodbury who use to play for The Jets in the early 2000's?
JD
Vaguely...he was an undrafted free agent back in the early 2000's...maybe 01. He was on the team for a year or so.

You know the dude?
King Eugene
QUOTE (JD @ Oct 8 2010, 07:58 AM) *
Vaguely...he was an undrafted free agent back in the early 2000's...maybe 01. He was on the team for a year or so.

You know the dude?

Yea he went to Winston Salem State here in NC. He played QB and WR for the jets in 00' and 01' I believe. Anyway he, Rod Smart(He Hate Me), and Nick Goings play a lot of flag football down here in Charlotte. He has a strong ass arm but after all those injuries he's slow as creek water now. I know your a big Jets fan and he is always wearing his Jets and Bills stuff out there so I just thought I'd see if you knew of him.
Spyder
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Oct 8 2010, 11:40 PM) *
Yea he went to Winston Salem State here in NC. He played QB and WR for the jets in 00' and 01' I believe. Anyway he, Rod Smart(He Hate Me), and Nick Goings play a lot of flag football down here in Charlotte. He has a strong ass arm but after all those injuries he's slow as creek water now. I know your a big Jets fan and he is always wearing his Jets and Bills stuff out there so I just thought I'd see if you knew of him.

I didn't realize how Kountry you are Eugene...

laugh.gif
JD
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Oct 8 2010, 11:40 PM) *

Goings had that one good season with Carolina 5 years ago or so...that was when all their backs got injured and he came out of nowhere.

King Eugene
QUOTE (JD @ Oct 10 2010, 08:30 AM) *
Goings had that one good season with Carolina 5 years ago or so...that was when all their backs got injured and he came out of nowhere.

Yea well he is playing middle line backer now LMAO

Dont be surprised if I report two weeks from now I'm covering Dwayne Jarret 1 on 1. They all come to our league. LMAO
King Eugene
QUOTE (Spyder @ Oct 10 2010, 01:14 AM) *
I didn't realize how Kountry you are Eugene...

laugh.gif

Not just the Kountry but........................Livermush Country!

Home of the livermush festival.

laugh.gif
Spyder
Oh my...

Livermush doesn't even sound appetizing...lol...I bet you have your own recipe for it too!

laugh.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE (Spyder @ Oct 12 2010, 06:54 AM) *
Oh my...

Livermush doesn't even sound appetizing...lol...I bet you have your own recipe for it too!

laugh.gif

Livermush, eggs, and toast! Thats good eating right there!

lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Oct 12 2010, 12:34 PM) *
Livermush, eggs, and toast! Thats good eating right there!

The fuck is that????

I see the web adress for that pic is roadfood.com. Can we assume that should say roadKILL.com?
Spyder
Livermush is a Southern United States foodstuff composed of pig liver, head parts, and cornmeal.

Shelby, North Carolina hosts an annual Livermush Exposition, which began in 1987 to celebrate the unique delicacy. In that year the Cleveland County Commissioners and the Shelby City Council passed resolutions proclaiming that "livermush is the most delicious, most economical and most versatile of meats." Other towns in North Carolina that have livermush festivals include Drexel and Marion.

It is commonly prepared by cutting a slice off of a prepared loaf and frying it with grease in a skillet until golden brown, much like you would Spam. At breakfast it would be served alongside grits and eggs. For lunch it can be made into a sandwich with mayonnaise or mustard, either fried as above, or left cold. As livermush's popularity rises, it is appearing as a primary ingredient in dishes such as omelette and pizza.

Wow man, you must have the stomach of a steel trap!

Your commisioners sound awesome though...

laugh.gif
lloyd mayflower
In all fairness, I eat Haggis, and love it, but man that livermush sounds pretty fuckin rank!!
streetlion1
Favre is on some bullshit....his excuses are gone if he plays like shit against Dallas. Luckily the Vikings usually beat the hell outta those lame Cowboys so perhaps he can turn it around.
Spyder
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Oct 12 2010, 01:27 PM) *
Favre is on some bullshit....his excuses are gone if he plays like shit against Dallas. Luckily the Vikings usually beat the hell outta those lame Cowboys so perhaps he can turn it around.

My quaterback has a bigger cock than yours.
JD
QUOTE (Spyder @ Oct 12 2010, 03:44 PM) *
My quaterback has a bigger cock than yours.

LOL.

Jets let the Vikings stay in the game, thankfully Favre came through in the end like he always seems to.
streetlion1
Gotta give the Minnesota defense credit...we held the Jets to 5 field goals. Favre has played like shit all season until that 3rd quarter yet still he was inaccurate and threw the costly pick in the end. The first half was as terrible as I have ever seen him play....it will be time for Childress to make him sit down if he plays like shit against Dallas.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Spyder @ Oct 12 2010, 09:45 AM) *
Wow man, you must have the stomach of a steel trap!

Your commisioners sound awesome though...

laugh.gif

WE EAT GOOD 'round these parts!

laugh.gif
JD
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Oct 13 2010, 12:54 AM) *
Gotta give the Minnesota defense credit...we held the Jets to 5 field goals. Favre has played like shit all season until that 3rd quarter yet still he was inaccurate and threw the costly pick in the end. The first half was as terrible as I have ever seen him play....it will be time for Childress to make him sit down if he plays like shit against Dallas.

The Vikes D tightened up, but the Jets were VERY sloppy on O after running all over the Vikes. That game should have been over at halftime...but now we have to hope Revis gets healthy.
JD
Fox and Cablevision...STILL not reaching an agreement.

No Giants...No MLB playoffs...No Fox.

This is making me angry.
Spyder
QUOTE (JD @ Oct 17 2010, 09:50 AM) *

This is making me angry.

At least you town doesn't INTENTIONALLY black out your games...
caneman
QUOTE (JD @ Oct 17 2010, 08:50 AM) *

This is making me angry.

Fox is having some real issues with Dishnet as well! I wonder if they are over priced or something!
streetlion1
Yea Sunday night the Vikings go into Green Gay to stomp the whackers!! Im thinking 3TDs for AP.

Im starting to like the Dolphins.....my upset pick of the week...Dolphins over Steelers.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Oct 21 2010, 01:34 PM) *
Im starting to like the Dolphins.....my upset pick of the week...Dolphins over Steelers.

HELL NO!!

After James Harrison plugs up their blow holes and takes out about 5 players all by himself with his head.....not gonna happen!

SmartyBeardo
I feel bad for 9ers fans who were not there for the 5 Super Bowls.

It has been a long ugly stretch.
SmartyBeardo
. . . and they immediately stick it in my face.
Warlord
Minnesota cuts Randy Moss.

Wow.

Favre should've quit while he was a head. This season is a disaster. Shitlion must be crying in his pillow right now.

The Falcons are 5-2.
streetlion1
The NFC is still wide open for anyone to make a playoff run. Fuck Sandy Moss! He cried like a home sick school girl about missing the Patriots right after we lost to them and he gave up on plays as usual.

We still have AP and a solid team...if Favre can stop turning the ball over and the D-line can get some pass rush we'll be fine. What should happen though is Brad Childress should be fired and Leslie Frazier should be named head coach.
PR316
Randy Moss makes no sense.

First week he bitches and cries saying he's "not liked in New England" and then a few weeks later he gets back to his old team and after losing to the Patriots he says he misses them.

He's a confused individual. Lol.

The injuries are really catching up to Favre now though. He can still play and he still has that arm plus the knowledge of the game.

But he can't last much longer physically.
Warlord
Vick is sick.
King Eugene
Good Ol Haynesworth...The $100 million man

Method
QUOTE (Warlord @ Nov 15 2010, 11:49 PM) *
Vick is sick.

Vick is Fernando Vargas NAWSHIS!

One of the BEST offensive performances by a QB I have ever seen.

At one point, 18 plays (12 of which were for first downs).
The Original MrFactor
Falcons will win be 14-2 and win out the playoffs and the Superbowl...
caneman
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Nov 22 2010, 12:13 AM) *
Falcons will win be 14-2 and win out the playoffs and the Superbowl...

Bold statement but they are a much more balanced team than the last Falcon team that went, that is for sure!
Warlord
QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 24 2010, 12:05 AM) *
Bold statement but they are a much more balanced team than the last Falcon team that went, that is for sure!

I wouldn't go that far. The '98 Falcons had a better defense than this team, and the offenses are probably about equal, maybe with a slight advantage going to '98 Falcons as they had two legit receivers, Terrance Mathis and Tony Martin (both with 1,000-yard seasons) with Mathis being the speedster and Martin the legit deep threat. While this Falcons team has Roddy White as a primary weapon at wideout, they don't have a real 2nd threat. Jenkins, Douglas, Finneran, all those guys are good complements, but none of them stack up to Martin and his ability to stretch the field.

Chandler had a better deep pass than Matt Ryan does too, though Chandler was never a sure-fire bet because of his tendency to get hurt. In fact, we used to call him Chris Chandelier in Atlanta because he was so damn fragile.

Anyway, I'm from Atlanta; a born and bread Falcons fan, and that's why I won't dare predict anything good for them. Atlanta has a long and storied history of losing.

In fact, here's the only story you need to know. When the Falcons were preparing to play their first ever game in the city of Atlanta, in Fulton County Stadium, a real life falcon was brought in to celebrate the event. His trainer was supposed to release him in the air, he would circle the stadium, and then fly back down.

So the trainer lets his falcon go. It soars into the air majestically, circles the stadium once, looks down on the mass below in disgust, and flys off into the sunset, never to return. And that, my friends, was an omen. And so it has gone for the city of Atlanta ever since, specifically, the Atlanta Falcons.

JD
I think the Saints win that division by evening the series with a win in Atlanta and the Falcons are the wildcard team that no one wants to play.
streetlion1
Now that Childress is gone I say if faggot ass Favre looks like shit against the Redskins then the RELEASE BRETT FAVRE TRAIN....starts rollin.

Right now in the NFC I dont really have a favorite but I know any team is gonna hate to see Vick in the playoffs. The Green Gay Whackers appear to be the best.

The AFC is very competetive....I look at the Patriots and wonder how they keep winning games but they do so you gotta put them up there. The Colts arent the same anymore with the injuries....I cant stand the Jets but you gotta put them up there too. It'll be interesting to see how the last 6 weeks play out!
hitman harding
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Nov 24 2010, 10:18 AM) *
Now that Childress is gone I say if faggot ass Favre looks like shit against the Redskins then the RELEASE BRETT FAVRE TRAIN....starts rollin.

Right now in the NFC I dont really have a favorite but I know any team is gonna hate to see Vick in the playoffs. The Green Gay Whackers appear to be the best.

The AFC is very competetive....I look at the Patriots and wonder how they keep winning games but they do so you gotta put them up there. The Colts arent the same anymore with the injuries....I cant stand the Jets but you gotta put them up there too. It'll be interesting to see how the last 6 weeks play out!

Good post Streetloin1 on the Jets as I also agree they blow hard .... and there coach Phat Rex has one hell of bıg mouth.
JD
He likes to talk...but it's better then cheating.
hitman harding
QUOTE (JD @ Nov 29 2010, 08:03 AM) *
He likes to talk...but it's better then cheating.

42 years and counting JD ...... !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.