Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The NFL Thread...
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
JD
Here it is fellas, the start of the year long NFL thread.

We have about a month until the Hall of Fame game, teams are going to start reporting...it is here.

Let's have some picks...
JD
Man...in years past, excitement was at a much higher level.

My Jets BETTER pay Revis and get this shit resolved. At the same time, Revis needs to be happy with the richest contract for a corner in NFL history, and forget Asumogha's average salary, because they are not matching Al Davis' stupidity.
Al Hata

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
D-MARV
Jet's Vs Cowboys in the Super Bowl... First time ever a team will host the Super Bowl.
JD
I will take it...but I ain't banking on it.

JETS in Hard Knocks this year...

So let's see some picks here. Divisions...playoffs...Super Bowl...
Run and Gun Game Calls
have to agree the cowboys will host the super bowl, but against the chargers
JD
Chargers have a lot of issues...and if VJax sits after his suspension without signing his tender, thats a problem. Talented team, maybe this is the year they get over the hump...tough to say.

Let me sort out my picks...
Method
As long as Tony "Happy Feet" Romo is at the helm for the Cowboys, they will NEVER, EVER win the Super Bowl.
Run and Gun Game Calls
Method, if Trent Dilfor can win a Super Bowl, Tony Romo has a chance.

I agree he panic's under pressure, but to me he is better than some Qb's that have titles.

Plus Dallas has a fantastic defense. That always helps
JD
I reserve the right to changes these before the season.

AFC EAST
NY Jets
Miami Dolphins
NE Patriots
Buffalo Bills

AFC NORTH
Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals
Pittsburgh Steelers
Cleveland Browns

AFC SOUTH
Indianapolis Colts
Houston Texans
Tennessee Titans
Jacksonville Jaguars

AFC WEST
San Diego Chargers
Denver Broncos
KC Chiefs
Oakland Raiders

Byes: Baltimore Ravens, Indianapolis Colts
Wilcards: Miami Dolphins, Houston Texans

Chargers over Texans
Jets over Dolphins
Jets over Colts
Ravens over Chargers
Ravens over Jets

NFC EAST
Dallas Cowboys
Philadelphia Eagles
NY Giants
Washington Redskins

NFC NORTH
GB Packers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions

NFC SOUTH
NO Saints
Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
TB Bucs

NFC WEST
SF 49ers
Arizona Cardinals
Seattle Seahawks
StL Rams

Byes: NO Saints, GB Packers
Wildcards: Minnesota Vikings, Atlanta Falcons

Cowboys over Falcons
Vikings over 49ers
Packers over Cowboys
Saints over Vikings
Saints over Packers

Saints - Ravens Super Bowl
Spyder
NFC SOUTH
NO Saints
Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
TB Bucs

Kiss my ass JD.
JD
Sorry, bud.

As always, the NFC East is the toughest to call...especially with Washington no longer being a gimme.
Spyder
It's ok. You're probably right.

I'm looking for the defense to get back to work this year though.
streetlion1
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 11 2010, 03:18 PM) *
Jet's Vs Cowboys in the Super Bowl... First time ever a team will host the Super Bowl.

I see a Vikings v.s. Jets Super Bowl.....unless Mark Sanchez has a slump. The Jets are loaded now on both sides of the ball....on paper they look like the best in the AFC but can they beat Peyton Manning in the playoffs? The biggest question mark is their young QB. Dont sleep on those Ravens either.....they have what is possibly the best defensive front 7 in the league.

Dallas just isnt consistent enough....I do think they will have possibly the NFL rookie of the year in Dez Bryant but I dont think they have what it takes to beat a team like the Vikings in the playoffs. We dominated them last year.
D-MARV
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Jul 23 2010, 09:23 AM) *
I see a Vikings v.s. Jets Super Bowl.....unless Mark Sanchez has a slump. The Jets are loaded now on both sides of the ball....on paper they look like the best in the AFC but can they beat Peyton Manning in the playoffs? The biggest question mark is their young QB. Dont sleep on those Ravens either.....they have what is possibly the best defensive front 7 in the league.

Dallas just isnt consistent enough....I do think they will have possibly the NFL rookie of the year in Dez Bryant but I dont think they have what it takes to beat a team like the Vikings in the playoffs. We dominated them last year.

Yes.. The Vikings did dominate the Cowboys last year... The year before that, the Eagles dominated the Cowboys and look what happen... Dez Bryant will make a world of difference on that offense. I find it IMPOSSIBLE for any team to shut down Bryant, Austin, Whitten AND Jones/Barber combo. Dallas has a very good defense coming back and one of the best D Line's in the NFL. I expect them to put it all together this year.
JD
While I think Favre will play, I also think his ankle is a legit issue.

I like Dallas better this year than any other, but any team coming out of the NFC East is going to be softened up.
AKay
Im thinking Vikings vs Jets as well.

Is anyone up for a friendly fantasy football league this year?
I just got that Sunday NFL Ticket this year and am AMPED!!
Will
JD
A lot of early camp injuries.
JD
LOL...oh man...rumor of a Favre press release today to inform the world that he is....RETIRING. He apparently told the team last night.

Vikes are toast if this holds and he does not change his mind again.
D-MARV
LOL... Favre is a great ball player but dude is a JOKER!
JD
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Aug 3 2010, 11:34 AM) *
LOL... Favre is a great ball player but dude is a JOKER!

Yeah man...all this retire...un-retire...take a break talk is silly.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I still think he's coming back. Chilly denies the report, and hasn't heard from Favre yet. He did this same shit last year too. I believe he retired on like July 29 and was in camp three weeks later. I still think he does the same thing this year. Once that season gets a bit closer, and the Saints game approaches he'll NEED to be on that field. He's pathetic, but it's how he works. It's kind of the Vikings fault for letting him get away with all this. Oh well, Go Packers, they'll win the North for sure now.
JD
Last year he was not coming back from an ankle injury and he did not inform the team he was done...he clearly wanted to be a Viking and waited it out.

He is on the team he wants to be, and he is still unsure now.

Does he come back again? Maybe...good chance of it...if now, man, that Viking team goes from real good to real average.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Yea, but last year he was coming back from a bad shoulder injury. He did inform the team he was done though last July. I remember watching ESPN last July, and he did say he would stay retired. I just think he'll change his mind once we get closer to the season. His ego can't stand getting that close to the super bowl and blowing it like that. Brett Favre is always unsure it seems lol.

Here's the thing though that I don't get...I'm not a Viking fan at all, but I don't get why they go to real average all of a sudden. I'm a big Packer fan, with most my fam from Wisc., but I still think the Vikes are a huge threat in the NFC. I don't think one player makes a team. In 08 with Jackson, they won the division and came close to winning that first playoff game against the Eagles. This year, they won three more games and two more in the playoffs. They still have a solid defense and a great running game. They will still be a tough team to beat in the NFC. Time will tell though on all of this. I know one thing, your Jets will be one hell of a team this year.
JD
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Aug 3 2010, 02:42 PM) *
Yea, but last year he was coming back from a bad shoulder injury. He did inform the team he was done though last July. I remember watching ESPN last July, and he did say he would stay retired. I just think he'll change his mind once we get closer to the season. His ego can't stand getting that close to the super bowl and blowing it like that. Brett Favre is always unsure it seems lol.

Here's the thing though that I don't get...I'm not a Viking fan at all, but I don't get why they go to real average all of a sudden. I'm a big Packer fan, with most my fam from Wisc., but I still think the Vikes are a huge threat in the NFC. I don't think one player makes a team. In 08 with Jackson, they won the division and came close to winning that first playoff game against the Eagles. This year, they won three more games and two more in the playoffs. They still have a solid defense and a great running game. They will still be a tough team to beat in the NFC. Time will tell though on all of this. I know one thing, your Jets will be one hell of a team this year.

Actually it was a bicep injury, I remember it well lol...and the difference was that it responded to the treatment. He really seems to be having an issue with this ankle.

The difference there was that he had already retired and said he was staying that way. Now he actually has the team he wants, was a game away from the Super Bowl, and has a contract in place...yet he still cannot commit. I think the ankle is worse than many may know. At this point, I put it at 70 / 30 that he plays, but that is a far cry from the 98 / 2 we were all at not long ago.

With or without Favre, I like Green Bay in that division...I just think one scenario is a lot easier than the other.

As for my Jets...I am waiting on the Revis issue to sort itself out, thus far it is not looking good.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I agree the ankle is probably worse than we may know. I still put it at 85/15 that he plays. Chilly, the organizations, and nobody close to Brett has confirmed this retirement yet. ESPN has been running shit all day about it, but what's the source of their information? They're basically taking a day to honor his career, but all the people they talk to say Favre really hasn't said a word yet. We'll see what happens though. The Revis situation will work out too. These things seem to work out for the most part.
JD
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Aug 3 2010, 03:16 PM) *
I agree the ankle is probably worse than we may know. I still put it at 85/15 that he plays. Chilly, the organizations, and nobody close to Brett has confirmed this retirement yet. ESPN has been running shit all day about it, but what's the source of their information? They're basically taking a day to honor his career, but all the people they talk to say Favre really hasn't said a word yet. We'll see what happens though. The Revis situation will work out too. These things seem to work out for the most part.

No...they have not confirmed it, though to me, the Vikings offering him more money and time is about as good of a confirmation as one can get.

On the Revis issue, this is a tough one. He wants to make more than Asumogha, and that contract is idiotic - thanks, Al Davis. The Jets are willing to pay him $100 mill, but there are issues with how they structure it because of the 30% rule, and the fact that they are happy to make it a huge contract, but his average salary will not exceed Asumogha's. So...here we are.
Spyder
It sounds like Revis is closer to retirement than Farve at this point.
JD
Shit has a chance to get drawn out...Revis is not bending, and there is only so much the Jets can do.

I mean, if this keeps up, part of me thinks that they should get the king's ransom he would net them in a deal.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
And now today ESPN has backed way off on this retirement stuff. The Star Tribune has not exactly been known for wonderful journalism, as many of my professors have pointed out on numerous occasions. The source of the author's information was an apparent text message from a couple players. It was never from Favre or anybody super close to the situation. JD has already pointed out that the ankle is probably worse than people think, and he just hasn't made a decision yet. The Vikings are to blame for this, as they've let him get away with everything. I really hope he does play. If the Packers were to win the division, then I have to listen to these shitty Vikings fans all year claim that if Favre were in, it wouldn't have happened. He'll make a decision next week when Dr. Andrews looks at him and gives him an honest assesment. Oh well, Go browns and Go Packers.
JD
As Spyder said to me before...$3 million can help you forget a few texts you sent. LOL
Spyder
You better believe it....lol...this fucking guy. Every year it's the same story.
Spyder
Raheem Morris is telling the media down here that the Bucs are on a quest to win 10 games and make it to the playoffs this year...lol...is he fucking high?!

laugh.gif
D-MARV
Tough Break for the Broncos... Dumervill is out for the season with an injury sustained during practice. That Sucks!
JD
Torn pec...that's rough. That team is gonna have a tough time. I thought Moreno was going to be huge this year, but has a slightly torn hammy; they are getting murdered.

And Raheem Morris is on crack...that team will finish last again, though Josh Freeman has silly talent.
JD
Darelle Revis...you blame the Jets or the player?
Spyder
According to Champ Bailey, the team needs to pay Revis whatever he's asking for...and not a penny less. Champ said that he pulled tape on Darelle to see what all the hype was about, and that he came away saying that the guy is the real deal...that he makes everything they do on defense possible.

I'm having a couple of my boys over tonight to watch the premiere of Hard Knocks...so I guess we'll get to see what kind of impact his absence makes.
JD
Revis is a stud...best corner in the league, the problem is that Al Davis mangled the market and the Jets view the Asumogha deal as an anomaly.

His rookie year, Revis held out for a longer deal and in turn, got it. Now, here he is with 3 years left on it looking to sit out. Story is they are $40 million apart on the total compensation, that's a lot. By not being there by August 10th, he loses a year of free agency, which means he has 3 years left on his current deal, plus an extra RFA year over what he already had. His leverage is not very good...that said, the D needs him out there.

Tonight will be good.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I think he'll come around once he realizes that no money will be coming in. I still think the Jets can be pretty good without him, but I still think he signs. These dumb athletes blow through money so fast, and both sides will reach a compromise soon. It won't be what either side truly wants, but it'll be in the middle.
JD
Season starts tomorrow night...call your shot...
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Saints beat the Vikes again, and beat up Favre again. The O-line of the Vikes still isn't that great, and I don't think they'll protect Favre that well. Bress will throw all over them as well. I think my Browns and Packers look pretty good this year too. Delhomme has looked sharp, and the defense played great towards the end of last year. Aaron Rodgers is one of the best QB's in the league right now, and has really come into his own. The thing that worries me about the Packers is the defense though. Their secondary is getting weaker. Al Harris is coming off knee surgery, and isn't getting any younger. Woodson was hurt towards the end of the year as well and isn't getting any younger. Bush just isn't that good at CB. They can be passed on, and that's really going to hurt their chances. I like the Jets and Cowboys in the super bowl.
JD

AFC EAST
NY Jets
NE Patriots
Miami Dolphins
Buffalo Bills

AFC NORTH
Baltimore Ravens
Pittsburgh Steelers
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns

AFC SOUTH
Indianapolis Colts
Houston Texans
Tennessee Titans
Jacksonville Jaguars

AFC WEST
San Diego Chargers
Oakland Raiders
Denver Broncos
KC Chiefs

Byes: Baltimore Ravens, Indianapolis Colts
Wilcards: Pittsburgh Steelers, Houston Texans

Jets over Texans
Steelers over Chargers
Jets over Colts
Ravens over Steelers
Ravens over Jets

NFC EAST
Dallas Cowboys
NY Giants
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins

NFC NORTH
GB Packers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions

NFC SOUTH
NO Saints
Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
TB Bucs

NFC WEST
SF 49ers
Arizona Cardinals
Seattle Seahawks
StL Rams

Byes: NO Saints, GB Packers
Wildcards: Atlanta Falcons, NY Giants

Cowboys over Giants
Falcons over 49ers
Packers over Cowboys
Saints over Falcons
Saints over Packers

Saints over Ravens in the Super Bowl
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I agree with a lot of that JD. However, I see Tennessee getting the nod over Houston for the wildcard slot. Tennessee was hot at the end of last year, and Houston has always been a team that seems to finish 8-8 or 9-7. They still don't seem good enough to get over the hump. I also wouldn't put Pittsburgh that high. They weren't that good last year with Big Ben, and they'll struggle those first four games with Dixon. I think they'll have a comparable record with the Browns (6-10). I guess I got the Eagles over the Giants for second place and the wildcard slot too. I think Kevin Kolb will be solid this year. Lots of people jumping on that 49ers bandwagon, and they do have a good squad. I still pick the Cards though. Anderson fits their system perfect, and Fitz will have a huge year like Edwards did with DA. Breaston will also have a big year. Anderson can really play with a decent run game and protection. I'll still stick with Jets over Dallas in the super bowl.
Warlord
Vick getting the start this weekend for the Eagles. Hope he looks good and gets it done.
JD
I got my own problems this weekend.

Jets don't fall to 0-2.
Warlord
Jets got the win.

Vick got the starting job over Kolb.

Guys got any thoughts? Method, what're your thoughts on this?
JD
NFC East is wide open and they want to put themselves in the best position to win today, so, he went Vick.

Andy Reid was really in a no-win situation there…bench the guy anointed the future of the franchise at the QB position who he swore up and down fit his system perfectly, or let the former pro-bowler and matchup nightmare with a winning history who is playing great right now sit?

A tough…tough call.

Either way, whoever they went with…Reid really just needs to let the dude play. Stop with the committee stuff…stop with the packages, it is not college football, you need to just let your QB play, because as has been said in the past…if you have two quarterbacks, you have no quarterback.
Spyder
People are making a much bigger deal about Vick starting than I think it deserves.

Vick has the hot hand right now, so you gotta give him the ball.
JD
Your Bucs at 2-0...

Josh Freeman is a freak.

When do they get Huggins the ball?
Spyder
Huggins was inactive against Carolina with a groin injury. He was supposed to get more carries last week too...

Josh Freeman gave me wood on Sunday. That play where he stiff armed two defenders in the face, and then threw a fucking dart to Winslow 20 yards down field was sexy as hell!

I'm still in disbelief that the Bucs' 35 year search for a quarterback is finally over.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.