Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MEL GIBSON is ready for the boxing ring
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Maxy
QUOTE (Fitz @ Jul 13 2010, 02:43 AM) *
It's because it was racial. Look, I often like to play devil's advocate, but I don't know how yourself or BG could try and defend him. There is no other way to interpret

"I hope you get raped by a pack of niggers"

Mel Gibson isn't a racist because he said 'nigger'. He was racist because of the context he put it in.

He also said this last year in another drunken rant.

"Fucking Jews...the Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world."

There is no defending him right now. Look, I can see that some people say things out of anger. I know I have said things out of anger that I would hope nobody heard me say out in public. But, with what he said, it isn't surprising people got upset, and it has nothing to do with just using the 'n' word. He didn't use it in the best context either.

I guess the other term of nigga is like Eugene said. Like brotherhood. I really doubt Mel's translation was: "I hope you get raped by some of my brothers/family".

I know.

I just hoped to stoke up a bit of anger because I was bored and fancied being a touch out of line.

Didn't work.
Run and Gun Game Calls
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jul 9 2010, 11:49 AM) *
I am not openly offended or startled because I understand white racism in origin and inception yet with GibsonI knew it was there in his heart when his Brainwashing white supremacist and subliminal suggestion, laden Passion of the "white" CHrisT was gobbled up BY BLACK AMERICANS AT THE BOX OFFICE.

I dont understand black or white racism, and yes it can go both ways. I am a white man, never owned a slave, never felt a black beat me out of a job because of affermitave action. If I was good enouigh for the job i got it. My best friend since 7yrs old is a black man, My brother in law is a black man, and our famlies spend christmas and vacation together every year.

Dave (my best friend, has said the N word doesnt bother him) because it is used in his culture, but out of basic human decency and respect I dont use it. Has nothing to do with being afraid of a black person, it has to do with being respectful of where they came from, and what their ancestors went through.

Mel Gibson Is Trash, and Trash comes in many colors. Its not because he is white that he is trash, He is trash, just because he is ignorant trash.

As for the "White" Christ part, Everyone knows Christ was Of Hebrew heritage, which is arib decent. But i didnt link that to Gibson being racist as much as just scripting it for America. Most Churchs have a "white" Christ, Including many Black Church's, so I think you are reaching jut a bit there.

Just because you can do seven degrees of kevin Bacon to call something racist, doesnt in fact make it racist

But As for the man himself, I believe he has proven over and over that he is

Warlord
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Jul 13 2010, 07:52 PM) *
As for the "White" Christ part, Everyone knows Christ was Of Hebrew heritage, which is arib decent.

I'm assuming you mean "Arab" descent. If so, I would have to disagree with that statement. I'm not a religious person, and could not care less about the theological side of things, but genetically speaking, I don't understand how people can continue to claim that someone whom they've never met, nor seen any genetic traces of, could claim a genetic heritage for said person.

I've heard clowns claim that Jesus was white, black, Ethiopian, arabic, and so on. How the fuck does anyone really know?

1.) There is no such thing as a Jewish race. It's a religion.

2.) Historically, Jews as a group were wandering nomads for thousands of years. There is little doubt that in their travels they assimilated countless local ethnicities into their group along the way.

How can anyone therefore claim that Jesus was or was not of any particular descent? The man was most likely a mutt, just like the majority of his people continue to be. (And I don't mean that negatively. Americans and Europeans are mutts as well, which is why I laugh my ass off when I hear people bandy the term "white" around as if it were a race.)

But i didnt link that to Gibson being racist as much as just scripting it for America. Most Churchs have a "white" Christ, Including many Black Church's, so I think you are reaching jut a bit there.

1.) Most Jews I know look white as hell, bro. I mean, maybe my perception sucks, but if I didn't know their surnames, I would've never guessed that Jerry Springer or Jerry Seinfeld were "Jewish." (Again, whatever that means.)

2.) It's no more or less of a reach than dipshits arguing that Cleopatra was black. I love that shit most of all. Cleopatra was Greek. I don't know how much whiter that shit gets.

At the end of the day, every race is guilty of trying to absorb cultural icons into their own ethnocentric view of the world. Black Santa Clauses, White Jesus's, Chinese Buddhas, An Arabic Moses who died and thanked Allah for being born a Muslim. laugh.gif That shit is endless, ridiculous, and not really worth getting upset about.
Run and Gun Game Calls
Warlord, I guess I am wrong about the hebrews, Very educational post, tyvm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.