Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chavez vs. Pavlik: December 4th?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Arum is trying to make this fight.

This will be a fucking massacre. Can anyone see it differently?

Jack
Mean Mister Mustard
Unless Chavez suddenly becomes world class under Roach's tutelage, I can't see him beating Pavlik. Even a dehydrated Pavlik beats him on the workrate alone. Chavez Jr takes too many breaks in there.
Romulus9
One-sided beating. Late stoppage for Pavlik.

Obviously, the thought is that Pavlik is past it after the Martinez fight....

they'd better be sure of that.

Of course, as we all know, Pavlik better knock him out.
Method
This fight is PATHETIC. Oh how the (perceived) mighty have fallen.
thehype
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Jul 15 2010, 11:26 AM) *
This will be a fucking massacre. Can anyone see it differently?

Absolutley.

You guys forget that Chavez now has Freddie Roach and Alex Ariza on his side.

Pavlik is going to get knocked the fvck out!

laugh.gif
uppercutking
I agree OOOO.. have the mighty Fallen! Man, if someone suggested this fight even remotely happening 2 years ago I would of said that person was insane but now I see why it is being proposed. As for my prediction, Pavlik will win by late stoppage! I could be wrong considering I had John Duddy a friend who I train alongside at Gleasons gym in Brooklyn beating Chavez Jr. and look how that turned out even though I didn't see the fight on TV. The reason I have Pavlik winning is that styles make fights and even though Kelly might be more on the washed up side I don't see Chavez hurting him and I do see The Ghost's power being to much for Chavez Jr. in addition to the fact that he is the perfect opponent someone who is even slower than Pavlik and that Kelly won't have to look for him and that Chavez will be bringing the fight to Kelly so he won't have to go searching for his opponent like against Martinez.
Pavlik by Late Stoppage!
D-MARV
Ariza is in Chavez's corner...

Chavez TKO10. He will be too big and strong and his stamina will fuck Pavlik up bad.
thefloatingmonkey
No way Chavez comes out of this one the winner. Chavez gets hit a lot. Kelly is going to KO him.
Fitz
QUOTE (Method @ Jul 16 2010, 03:02 AM) *
This fight is PATHETIC. Oh how the (perceived) mighty have fallen.

Absolutely, and 'perceived' is spot on. The guy is mentally shot. No credit for Pavlik in this one, and much props for Chavez for stepping up. Pavlik should do him in, as he should. But Pavlik's confidence is shot now.
Romulus9
Duddy caught Chavez with a nice right hand in the sixth round, buckled him a little, stunned him, but Chavez recovered fairly quickly.

Pavlik is bigger than Duddy, has better defense, and that right hand is his money punch. Julio's best chance is to absorb shots and hope Pavlik gets tired late.... or to have the fight scheduled in Mexico City and survive long enough to let it go to the cards.

Protect that WBC Silver belt!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 15 2010, 01:54 PM) *
Absolutley.

You guys forget that Chavez now has Freddie Roach and Alex Ariza on his side.

Pavlik is going to get knocked the fvck out!

laugh.gif

How much can they do with Chavez before the fight though,if it's made??
JLUVBABY
im in the minority.. young chavez has some guts and i think we might see him boxing more in this fight and brawling at times as well.. i think pavlik has lost a lil step and that will make the difference and why this will be a better than expected fight... anything can and probably will happen in this one...
kidbazooka1
As much as i wanne see Chavez wins this it just ain't gonna happen. Pavlik is too big strong and powerful for Jr. Chavez makeing it the the end and taeking a couple of rds would be a moral victory for him.
Col Reb
Arum wouldn't be making this fight to cash in on Chavez. I guess they're figuring that Pavlik is shot. I just don't see Chavez as being world class, and I think Pavlik would stop him. It doesn't seem to make good business sense at this point for the fight to get made; Chavez seems like the bigger cash cow of the two. Why risk him getting ruined by a Pavlik beating right now?
Jack 1000
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Jul 15 2010, 10:27 PM) *
As much as i wanne see Chavez wins this it just ain't gonna happen. Pavlik is too big strong and powerful for Jr. Chavez makeing it the the end and taeking a couple of rds would be a moral victory for him.

I agree,

The Ghost is too big and too strong. Even though he hasn't been the same fighter since Hopkins, remember that that was Hopkins when he still had a lot left and Chavez Jr. ain't no Hopkins! LOL! Pavlik I think believes he can win this because he's fighting the natural smaller man, and Chavez Jr. HAS struggled against some ordinary opposition. Pavik may not be the same fighter he was in the Taylor fights, but I don't think he's shot. I think he would have to REALLY be shot to lose to Chavez Jr. If he lost, how embarrassing!

Jack
Mean Mister Mustard
The way to beat Pavlik is by outboxing him. Chavez Jr cannot do that. I also don't think he can outwork or outpunch Pavlik. Lord knows what Arum is thinking.
Spyder
Bob Arum's matchmaker is a fucking BEAST!

He makes fights that a lot of people think will turn out the other way. All the while, increasing the public opinion of the victor...Top Rank probably doesn't pay that guy enough.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.