Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@9:45(ET), 8:45(CT), and 6:45(PT)-Bradley vs. Abregu
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
For all comments and reactions about the Bradley-Abregu fight.

Jack

Administrator
Mean Mister Mustard
Abregu is open for lead overhand rights and his defense consists of keeping his hands low, chin high and just backing up and expecting to be out of range. Still, he can whack pretty hard, is tenacious and has quick hands. Should make for an interesting fight.
D-MARV
Angulo KOs Alcine in 1... impressive outcome but I thought Angulo looked slower than usual.
Hoodlum
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Jul 17 2010, 09:49 PM) *
Abregu is open for lead overhand rights and his defense consists of keeping his hands low, chin high and just backing up and expecting to be out of range. Still, he can whack pretty hard, is tenacious and has quick hands. Should make for an interesting fight.

Angulo sucks..as soon as he fights someone with a pulse instead of some of these stiffs.. his ass will be handed to him on a platter.
PR316
Punk ass Amir Khan would never fight Bradley or Alexander.
Mean Mister Mustard
They're going to keep Khan away from any punchers for the time being.

Bradley looked good in there. He did what he had to and continually randed looping counter shots that Abregu couldn't see. the Argentinian was too one dimensional and predictable. I would favor Alexander against Bradley, he just seems to be the more precise straight punches and he has more power. I also think a good jab beat Bradley up all night long.
kidbazooka1
Damn Angulo looked like a f*cking beast tonight stopping a former champ like he was a bum club fighter.

Wouldn't mind seeing Angulo/Cotto or a rematch with Cintron.

Bradley looked good tonight aswell but i think i'll go with Alexander if the two meet he's just a little more explosive.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Hoodlum @ Jul 17 2010, 09:28 PM) *
Angulo sucks..as soon as he fights someone with a pulse instead of some of these stiffs.. his ass will be handed to him on a platter.

All they need to do is put him in with a guy like Spinks to expose him and show how much lack of skill he has..Angulo is in my top 5 most hated fighters today..He is so over rated it's ridiculous..

I think Bradley should of stayed at 140 especially after seeing Zab's last fight..He and Zab at 140 would be a sweet fight to see..
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jul 18 2010, 03:28 AM) *
All they need to do is put him in with a guy like Spinks to expose him and show how much lack of skill he has..Angulo is in my top 5 most hated fighters today..He is so over rated it's ridiculous..

I think Bradley should of stayed at 140 especially after seeing Zab's last fight..He and Zab at 140 would be a sweet fight to see..

I can see why people would hate on Angulo but the guy brings Margarito type pressure but with more power he always comes to fight. Myself and obviousley HBO aswell would much rahter see a fighter like Angulo fight than a boring ass piece of sh*t type fighter like Spinks.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Jul 18 2010, 05:03 PM) *
I can see why people would hate on Angulo but the guy brings Margarito type pressure but with more power he always comes to fight. Myself and obviousley HBO aswell would much rahter see a fighter like Angulo fight than a boring ass piece of sh*t type fighter like Spinks.

A guy like Angulo may be able to bring more fans who know nothing about boxing but for the people who know boxing and want to see the science,Angulo is not their kinda guy..Yet,there are people who want the science but also just want to see a fight and not a chess match so they might appreciate Angulo for his warrior mentality..
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I'm pretty sure they would keep Angulo away from somebody like Spinks. Gary Shaw does not want Angulo in with somebody who's going to show a lot of movement and boxing ability. I don't know if Spinks beats Angulo even at this point, but there's no way Shaw is about to find out. Cory hasn't fought for over a year, and we'll have to see how he looks against K9 before he's about to fight guys like Angulo. I'd love to see Angulo-Cotto, and in a few fights I feel we'll see that on PPV. That would be a big fight if Cotto keeps his belt at 54 and Angulo keeps knocking out fighters.

Also, am I the only one who thinks Bradley is a little overrated? I mean, he shouldn't get anywhere near Pacquiao imo. He is still wild as ever, and lunges in with big shots. I think many of the top guys at 140 beat Bradley. Bradley would get frustrated by Khan's long jab and get picked off all night. Alexander outboxes him too, but that would be a closer fight. I'm just not impressed with him yet, but I'll wait til I see him in with somebody like Khan or Alexander. I think if Judah came in like he did Friday night, he could beat Bradley too. However, Judah is hit or miss so that's a toss-up fight. He apparently isn't that much of a star either, with all of 10 posts in this thread. Most aren't even about him either. The jury is still out on Tim Bradley imo, but we'll see what happens in the future.
King Eugene
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Jul 18 2010, 06:03 PM) *

Even this Spinks would school Angulo. Angulo's best shot is to land something lucky.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.