Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Judah and Muhammad
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
neophyte7
Zab wasn't facing the stiffest of comp last night yet I Liked what I saw from the veteran. He worked consistently behind the right jab... he employed the best defense I have seen in years and looked to be as fast ever. I am not and have not been a Judah fan, yet he is a world class talent that at 32 still has some fights left. I never understood why Judah would get hit as much as he would when he has great reflexes and a natural defensive inclination. Now with a trainer like Eddie Mustafa in control I think the 140 pound division will have some problems. I mean Judah has seen it all in the ring and should have the greatest of experiences to draw from. I like Judah at 140 he will be brininging the noise under his new trainer and work ethic. He is the name the division needs for some interesting fights. I honestly
Mean Mister Mustard
It was a sensational stoppage but unfortunately it was not enough to get my hopes up quite as high as yours. You must remember that Judah can look impressive against guys like Santa Cruz, who are tough sons of guns but slow and limited in skill. Remember how Judah blew through Jaime Rangel and then lost to Spinks? Or how he scored a tremendous knockdown against Cosme Rivera only to go on and lose to Baldomir?

You mentioned that you never understood why Judah would get hit so often despite his superior reflexes. The answer: His defense is overrated. Many times people see a fast guy and expect him to dodge everything like Roy Jones Jr used to. Fact of the matter is for all the physcial talent Judah posseses he is up against too many negatives: His inconsistency which he has displayed time and time again, his inability to fight on the inside, his inability to adapt during a fight and his lapses in concentration. On the right night he can beat anyone and I would pick him over Amir Khan, but sooner or later he gets tired of training and loses against an underdog or gets taken to school by an elite fighter.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Man I'm hyped for my boy Zab Judah's return now. I've always been a big fan of Zab and been dissapointed in his underachieving. However, he's had a pretty damn good career. I mean undisputed welterweight champion and a belt at Jr. Welter is pretty solid. He looked great last night. His hand and foot speed was good, and he actually looked pretty focused last night. Santa Cruz isn't a bad fighter either, as he gave all he could handle to Casamayor a couple years ago. I'd love to see him in with Bradley or Alexander. I think he puts up a better fight than most expect.
D-MARV
Last night was as ripped as I have seen Zab in years.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 17 2010, 12:24 PM) *
Last night was as ripped as I have seen Zab in years.

I noticed that too and zab usually comes into fights in good condition..according to his twitter Muhammad has him running up mountains and 5 mile runs so maybe this can help his stamina issue.

Side note If i was Duva I would try to set up a fight with Maidana I think he's perfect for zab. Another santa Cruz except with more power. fighters who come forward are just right for zab plus Maidana can offer a belt which can give zab more pull and make a fight with Khan, bradley, or Devon that much bigger
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Jul 17 2010, 05:50 PM) *
I noticed that too and zab usually comes into fights in good condition..according to his twitter Muhammad has him running up mountains and 5 mile runs so maybe this can help his stamina issue.

Side note If i was Duva I would try to set up a fight with Maidana I think he's perfect for zab. Another santa Cruz except with more power. fighters who come forward are just right for zab plus Maidana can offer a belt which can give zab more pull and make a fight with Khan, bradley, or Devon that much bigger

Sounds like a good idea provided Judah can fight all 12 rounds. He has the conditioning to go all 12 rounds, but mentally he just seems to lose it in there.
D-MARV
I know people may not agree with me... But I think Zab should Target Tim Bradley. I think of all the top dawgs in the division, Bradley would be the guy I would give Zab the best chance to beat. I think Khan would be too much for Zab at this point, though I do give Zab a puncher's chance. Devon's youth, boxing ability and hunger should be enough to outpoint Zab. Zab would have a reach advantage against Bradley and I think the southpaw stance would trouble Bradley a bit. Obviously Bradley is capable of just out-hustling Zab over the course of 12 rounds but there WILL be a time where Zab lays one of this counters on Bradley's chin. I think Zab hurts Bradley at some point and they go to war from there. I would love to see that fight.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 17 2010, 05:00 PM) *
I know people may not agree with me... But I think Zab should Target Tim Bradley. I think of all the top dawgs in the division, Bradley would be the guy I would give Zab the best chance to beat. I think Khan would be too much for Zab at this point, though I do give Zab a puncher's chance. Devon's youth, boxing ability and hunger should be enough to outpoint Zab. Zab would have a reach advantage against Bradley and I think the southpaw stance would trouble Bradley a bit. Obviously Bradley is capable of just out-hustling Zab over the course of 12 rounds but there WILL be a time where Zab lays one of this counters on Bradley's chin. I think Zab hurts Bradley at some point and they go to war from there. I would love to see that fight.

I'll agree that its a better fight for zab than devon. Good lord I counted at least 7 or 10 wide right hands and wild left hooks by Bradley that I could see zab easily countering with his signature left upper cut. However as you mentioned bradley can outwork him which is why I'd rather see him fight Maidana. By the way according to maxboxing Golden boy is offering Maidana a fight with bradley in November so think we see devon vs zab in the Lou if Maidana takes the fight
JonnyBlaze
Where is BigG to support his boy??

Zab looked real good..I really liked how he used his jab..He fought a really smart fight and let the big shot come..He wasn't forcing a KO but waited for the right moment to unleash his big stuff..Mad props to him and I really like his new demeanor..He wants to be different to give his kids a role model..He deserves a second chance in that aspect from everyone I think..A lot of people didn't like his "bad guy" attitude so hopefully he gets a second chance if he wants to do right..
neophyte7
zab should bust a few more guys up in tune ups before going near any top dawgs. establish a consistency with Eddie Mustafa. Zab's defense was overarated because he relied too much on reflexes but based upon what I saw Friday he is using technique. He even was getting physical in there and showed som infighting. at 32 with the trainer he has i see zab being a more improved all around fighter and it is not too late, but string a few more wins together before going at Bradley Maidana, khan etc...
JD
Zab looked good.

More than anything, his shots were a lot tighter...which bodes well for him with his speed.
Keith

Zab looked good.

What happens when the other guy hits back?

Zab's problems always started when the other guy hit him back. He was never the most durable...
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Jul 17 2010, 04:50 PM) *
Side note If i was Duva I would try to set up a fight with Maidana I think he's perfect for zab.

Maidana gives Zab some problems, IMO...
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Jul 18 2010, 11:22 AM) *
Maidana gives Zab some problems, IMO...

I'm not saying he wouldn't give problems because of his power but to be he can get caught by a southpaw like he did with ortiz. I mean people forget ortiz dropped him 3 times and his only loss he got outboxed by a dude that has no where near the boxing skill of zab. I just thinK maidana would be easier than a young and hungry Devon and Bradley
Fitz
Zab was very impressive. Though that wasn't surprising, because we all know when he is on, his very best can beat most people with his tools. The question was how he was mentally and especially against good competition. I will wait a bit to start getting excited, but no complaints in how he looked.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.