Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thanks max for calling out Khan, GBP and Top Rank
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
EpTXCHAMP
Simply put by Max tonight "Khan is the same age as Devon and has a TITLE" step up next fight! If Khan didnt have the strap I would have no problem with GBP serving him Pillows Paulie and probably over the hill lightweight Marquez next but he does so he should be fighting either devon,bradley,maidana,zab, or ortiz.

as for his comments on the promotional companies keeping fights in house, I've said before its helps their pockets but hurts the fans and boxing. simply put we had to sit through twelve boring rather predictable rounds between pac and clottey and ten boring rounds of Ortiz vs Campbell. Even mayweather vs Marquez I could go on and on. Until we either say enough or put these guys on public blast like Max did these companies will keep trying to feed these matches down our throats!

Big ups to Max tonight drinks.gif
JonnyBlaze
Max sucks,bring back Larry!!
Big Slim Sweet
I'm partial to Mr. Merchant too but Max speaks for us. Good job tonight calling the two companies out.
D-MARV
I applaud Max for calling out GBP and Top Rank.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jul 18 2010, 03:32 AM) *
Max sucks,bring back Larry!!

Haha I think max sometimes Rambles. But I do like that as slim mentioned he speaks for us no way Larry who is a de la hoya cheerleader calls out golden boy last night
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Jul 18 2010, 06:50 AM) *
I'm partial to Mr. Merchant too but Max speaks for us. Good job tonight calling the two companies out.

Big Slim, i'm digging ur display pic of Bob Propert. Represent.

And I do miss Larry Merchant, but his time has passed. Kellerman isn't my fav but he can sure spark discussion/debate (IE: post fight after Mayweather vs Marquez) lol
JLUVBABY
max is cool, he knows his stuff big time, but i like larry too... i guess i like the old school guys and ive been watching larry a long time... havent always liked all the stuff he had to say or the way he's handled some fighters but all in all he was for the most part always on top of his game... max has plenty of time... i think he is for sure the future face of boxing commentary...
D-MARV
Man FUCK Larry Merchant. He's shot!
Big Slim Sweet
I have a friend working with Teddy Atlas on a boxing show in development at F/X. He spoke with him the day after the Williams-Cintron debacle. Teddy talked about how one of the guys in the Williams camp was screaming "He jumped out of the ring!" in the background during the post fight interview and Merchant just disregarded him and asked Williams about future plans. According to my friend, Atlas said, "That's how you know Larry's lost a little off his fastball."

I thought that was a funny quote.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Jul 19 2010, 10:17 AM) *
I have a friend working with Teddy Atlas on a boxing show in development at F/X. He spoke with him the day after the Williams-Cintron debacle. Teddy talked about how one of the guys in the Williams camp was screaming "He jumped out of the ring!" in the background during the post fight interview and Merchant just disregarded him and asked Williams about future plans. According to my friend, Atlas said, "That's how you know Larry's lost a little off his fastball."

I thought that was a funny quote.

hahahaha..Good story man..That's awesome you have a friend working with Teddy..I wish I knew of a way to get a chance to talk with Teddy..
Jack 1000
Larry who is a de la hoya cheerleader

LOL!! But not always!

He got suspended from an HBO telecast for saying, "Delahoya's Enterence Music Sucks!" For some reason, I think Larry has always hated Hopkins, and was never crazy about Foreman. He's no Cosell, that's for sure, (He THINKS he is.) But he's the closest thing boxing has to it.

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.