Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Montiel demolishes Concepcion in three
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
kidbazooka1
Montiel easly stopped Rafael Concepcion tonight in three rds. Concepsion fought to a 12 rd loss against Donaire a couple of fights ago and even had Nonito stunned during the fight ofcourse Concepcion came in well over weight for that fight. Montiel stopped him with ease dropping him three timei nthe fight.

I really hope Arum makes Montie/Donaire happen two of the best little guys in the biz.
Mean Mister Mustard
With Barerra and Morales well pas their prime and JMM seemingly having only a few years left as a stop fighter, it was about time that people started looking towards Montiel as one of the representatives of Mexican boxing. The reasons why many people didn't really pay that much attention to him were that he is a guy fighting in the lower weights, there were other big names available and also that in the past he has been fairly inconsistent; winning a big fight here, looking bad there, winning another one here, losing one there. Hopefully he has hit a stride now where if he beats Donaire, he will surely be very popular in Mexico.
kidbazooka1
Montiel has had a few bad performances but when well prepared he's a helluva fighter. I like Donaire and had picked him to beat Montiel in the past but Im not so sure sbout that anymore. Nonito although not his fault has been fighting very weak comp and is getting use to having his way easly. With Montiel that won't be the case i wanna see how Donaire reacts to getting hit hard against a top notch fighter
gbh32001
Bad luck for Concepcion's, they both KOed in round three.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Jul 17 2010, 11:26 PM) *
Montiel easly stopped Rafael Concepcion tonight in three rds. Concepsion fought to a 12 rd loss against Donaire a couple of fights ago and even had Nonito stunned during the fight ofcourse Concepcion came in well over weight for that fight. Montiel stopped him with ease dropping him three timei nthe fight.

I really hope Arum makes Montie/Donaire happen two of the best little guys in the biz.

Not only did Concepcion come in well over weight, but it was Donaire's first fight above 112 at that point in time. Don't forget Donaire also broke his hand early in that fight, it could've been a different story if none of those variables were present.

Montiel vs Donaire would be the modern day Barrera vs Morales imo, a war between two of the top guys in the lower weight division.
mexi-cutioner
PS: Anyone else think The Ring magazine writers are on crack?? They have Donaire ranked unusually high, at #4 in the pound 4 pound rankings, but he's sitting at a mediocre 6th position in the jr.bantamweight rankings...hmmmmm seems oddd
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Jul 18 2010, 06:12 PM) *
PS: Anyone else think The Ring magazine writers are on crack?? They have Donaire ranked unusually high, at #4 in the pound 4 pound rankings, but he's sitting at a mediocre 6th position in the jr.bantamweight rankings...hmmmmm seems oddd

Yes I too find it odd that he has sucha a lofty ranking in the P4P ladder. He hasn't beaten anyone of note since he KO'd Darchy. Their argument must be that since he's looked so impressive he deserves it.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Jul 18 2010, 06:12 PM) *

Like i said i like Donaire i use to train with the guy back in his amatuer days but i agree he is a little too high on the rankings.

I do believe he has p4p skills but his resume isn't p4p worthy atleast not yet.

IMHO I think Montiel is more deserving of a p4p spot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.