Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wlad Vs Sam Peter II
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
D-MARV
By Ruslan Chikov

WBO/IBF/IBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko spoke with Golzka about the issue with mandatory Alexander Povetkin and the likely new opponent for September 11 in Frankurt, Germany - Sam Peter. Klitschko won a decision over Peter in a 2005 bout, but not before Peter scored three knockdowns.

Klitschko's team went to the IBF after Povetkin no-showed a press conference earlier this week in Frankfurt to announce their fight. The IBF gave Klitschko permission to make a fight with Peter, who is next in the rankings. Klitschko and his team were paranoid that Povetkin, who has yet to sign a bout agreement, was planning to withdraw from the contest. Povetkin's management claim the fighter has a sinus infection and was unable to fly from the United States to Germany to attend the press conference.

"Samuel Peter is next in the rankings of IBF. It will be a rematch. Athletes have an obligation [speaking about Povetkin]. He wasn't at the press conference and neither were his reps. I am extremely disappointed. Our company K2 won the bidding process. Povetkin has had no desire to sign the contract or come out of training camp in the U.S. to attend the press conference in Frankfurt," Klitschko said.

"For two weeks, we persuaded Povetkin to come, but he refused. Then the IBF tried to force him to come to Frankfurt. On our side, everything was done, but on Sunday night came the news: unfortunately, that Sasha could not fly. On my end, all of the contracts were signed. Povetkin did not signed a contract and there was no explanation."

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet but this is pretty fucking pathetic. Wlad is now free and so is Haye... Make the fucking fight!
JD
Haye doesn't want it.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 22 2010, 03:15 PM) *
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet but this is pretty fucking pathetic. Wlad is now free and so is Haye... Make the fucking fight!

Damnnn..Real bogus!!!Everyone in the division is scared of the Klitchkos in my opinion..If they say they aren't before the fight,they definitely are in the fight..
BGv2.0
Peter has done NOTHING to deserve this shot!

I say give it to Tua. Even though he had a draw with Barrett and suffered a KD....it would still be a different capable body in the ring with Wlad.

Or Briggs even.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jul 22 2010, 04:24 PM) *
Peter has done NOTHING to deserve this shot!

I say give it to Tua. Even though he had a draw with Barrett and suffered a KD....it would still be a different capable body in the ring with Wlad.

Tua??Shit,I'd say Adamek over Tua..
D-MARV
Tua get's KO'd within 6. Easy Money for Wladimir

Only fight worth shit is Wlad-Haye.
BGv2.0
Haye does not look as if he really wants the fight now. and Adamak barely eeked by a fat out of shape Arreola....he has less of chance than Tua IMHO.

D-MARV
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jul 22 2010, 05:43 PM) *
Haye does not look as if he really wants the fight now. and Adamak barely eeked by a fat out of shape Arreola....he has less of chance than Tua IMHO.

Well, Tua has NO chance so I guess this means that Adamek is fucked.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 22 2010, 04:56 PM) *
Well, Tua has NO chance so I guess this means that Adamek is fucked.

He has power and Wlad's chin is not the best....so early on...with Briggs/Tua even Arreola....I'd not say any of those guys with a little bit of pop has NO chance.

I'd give any of those guys a shot through the first 3 rounds. The longer it goes...the less chance they all have.
JD
Tua was bad at getting inside in his prime...now he is just inept. I think Wlad would mangle an old, no stamina, slow-ass Tua. I actually think this would be the easiest fight for him.

Shame that Haye has no interest.
Spyder
Haye got himself a strap...that's all he wanted.

I don't think that he ever really wanted to fight a Klit.
thehype
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jul 22 2010, 05:15 PM) *
Damnnn..Real bogus!!!Everyone in the division is scared of the Klitchkos in my opinion..If they say they aren't before the fight,they definitely are in the fight..

James Toney would LOVE to fight either one of the Bitschko Sisters.

laugh.gif
D-MARV
James Toney would get punched in his fat ass mouth... LMAO. All Jokes aside, I would love to see JT beat Wlad BUT I would also love to see me hitting the Mega Millions in the near future.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (thehype @ Jul 22 2010, 05:19 PM) *
James Toney would LOVE to fight either one of the Bitschko Sisters.

laugh.gif

Of course he would..Toney will fight anyone..hahaha..Yet,he would get destroyed..It'd be an interesting fight to see though..I kinda see it being similar to the Byrd fights with Wlad though..Toney is just a big name in the heavyweight division with no reason to be given a shot at a belt..Yet,who does deserve a shot..hahaha..

Really sucks the Povetkin fight fell through..I hope someone from fighthype gets an interview with Teddy Atlas cause I'd really like to know how he feels about this..Maybe it was Atlas who wanted a little bit more time with Povetkin before getting his 1 shot(most likely) at the belt..If that's the case,I'm not too upset as long as the fight goes through since I'm a really big Atlas fan and respect him more than any trainer today..Next would be Roach..
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I'm conflicted. No way does that turd Peter deserve another shot at the title especially as he should belong in that damn coward thread for the way he gave up his belt. However if it does mean I get to watch him smashed into oblivion again..................

The fight Jonny and I most want to see is Arreola/Peter. I would like it to be a Rocky type war with both palooka's sustaining massive punishment before getting simultaneously knocked the fuck out.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Jul 22 2010, 06:28 PM) *
I'm conflicted. No way does that turd Peter deserve another shot at the title especially as he should belong in that damn coward thread for the way he gave up his belt. However if it does mean I get to watch him smashed into oblivion again..................

The fight Jonny and I most want to see is Arreola/Peter. I would like it to be a Rocky type war with both palooka's sustaining massive punishment before getting simultaneously knocked the fuck out.

hahahaha..That would be amazing Ollie..You forgot one thing though,for the first time EVER the commission would allow and suggest both of them to use plaster on their handwraps..Then they Rocky it out..
Run and Gun Game Calls
James Toney couldnt beat Sam Peter, He would only want the Klitchkos till the fight started. The old loud mouth roid head would take a severe beating
Warlord
1.) I'm in agreement with Jonny. No one wants to fight the Klits right now.

2.) Except James Toney. I don't think Toney will win, and I also think there is a good chance he gets himself hurt. But the fact of the matter is, Toney is about the only fighter in the division right now who actually believes he has a shot. I say give it to him. The press conferences will be great, and he'll either prove us all wrong or he'll get stuffed good and his detractors won't have to worry about it anymore.

He is not any more or less deserving than Sam Peter or any of these other clowns out there right now.

It's a pity Haye won't grow a pair.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jul 22 2010, 08:41 PM) *
1.) I'm in agreement with Jonny. No one wants to fight the Klits right now.

2.) Except James Toney. I don't think Toney will win, and I also think there is a good chance he gets himself hurt. But the fact of the matter is, Toney is about the only fighter in the division right now who actually believes he has a shot. I say give it to him. The press conferences will be great, and he'll either prove us all wrong or he'll get stuffed good and his detractors won't have to worry about it anymore.

He is not any more or less deserving than Sam Peter or any of these other clowns out there right now.

It's a pity Haye won't grow a pair.

hahahaha..Hell yeah it would be..We might see the vicious side of Wlad again..The question I got for you Warlord is,do you think Wlad could KO Toney??You said there is a good chance of him getting hurt but do ya think he'd get KO'd..I am leaning towards Toney getting KO'd..
Warlord
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jul 22 2010, 10:44 PM) *
hahahaha..Hell yeah it would be..We might see the vicious side of Wlad again..The question I got for you Warlord is,do you think Wlad could KO Toney??You said there is a good chance of him getting hurt but do ya think he'd get KO'd..I am leaning towards Toney getting KO'd..

Yes I do. Sadly. Wlad's long reach would be hell for Toney, a short fighter who does his best work inside. I love Toney, but I really think Wlad hurts him bad and stops him.
JLUVBABY
i think briggs would have a very legit shot early on... after 2 or 3 rounds if the fight isnt over with either way he'd be more than likely toast but he would give himself the best chance to win... id like to see that... if sanders could touch wlads chin briggs will test it as well...
JD
Toney is one of my dudes, but there is no question in my mind that he gets stopped by Wlad. Toney's reflexes are seriously dulled.

If Sam Peter dropped him with his lame ass jab, Wlad will have no problem teeing off on him until the ref stops it.
King Eugene
Throw Tarver in there.

Its sad to say that every one mentioned would be seriously beaten down by Wlad. This all happen Sunday and you haven't seen anyone in the media jumping at a shot at this guy. Guys are really scared of Wlad and for good reason. If someone had a Cory Sander's type attitude it would be real interesting. I'd like to see Toney get his shot but I want to see him in the Octagon first.
Warlord
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Jul 23 2010, 12:41 AM) *
I'd like to see Toney get his shot but I want to see him in the Octagon first.

Haha, no you don't. laugh.gif

I love James, and really, really, REALLY hope he takes out Couture, but it's slim and none at this point. I wish Toney was looking as good in training as I keep hearing, but I'm getting the vibe this is just a smoke-screen. I still see nothing but Toney getting choked out, or worse, getting taken down and pounded out on the ground.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jul 23 2010, 12:57 AM) *
Haha, no you don't. laugh.gif

I love James, and really, really, REALLY hope he takes out Couture, but it's slim and none at this point. I wish Toney was looking as good in training as I keep hearing, but I'm getting the vibe this is just a smoke-screen. I still see nothing but Toney getting choked out, or worse, getting taken down and pounded out on the ground.

Oh I never said he had a high chance in winning. I just want to see him in that Octagon.

Does anybody know if he has any sponsor? When does the press conferences start? I want to see the stare down and see what type of shape he's in. Anybody know the official weight yet? There is just a bunch of stuff I want to know leading up to the fight. All we keep hearing about is how fast he is learning and how strong he is.
Warlord
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Jul 23 2010, 01:38 AM) *
Oh I never said he had a high chance in winning. I just want to see him in that Octagon.

Does anybody know if he has any sponsor? When does the press conferences start? I want to see the stare down and see what type of shape he's in. Anybody know the official weight yet? There is just a bunch of stuff I want to know leading up to the fight. All we keep hearing about is how fast he is learning and how strong he is.

Some idiot from Yahoo had some training pictures of Toney up yesterday, but they're gone today. Toney still had his gut, but that is normal for Toney. I think James is probably in "Toney shape" right now, lol, a phrase me and my friend made up awhile back. Toney shape just means though he may still look like a lard ass, he is, in reality, pretty well conditioned. Relatively speaking.

I've heard nothing but good things coming from the Toney camp, so my hopes are up a little, but in all reality, he's probably still getting choked out. But I'd be happy as a pig in shit if he could pull this off.
Warlord
Here's a pic of Toney in training.

JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Warlord @ Jul 23 2010, 10:00 PM) *
Some idiot from Yahoo had some training pictures of Toney up yesterday, but they're gone today. Toney still had his gut, but that is normal for Toney. I think James is probably in "Toney shape" right now, lol, a phrase me and my friend made up awhile back. Toney shape just means though he may still look like a lard ass, he is, in reality, pretty well conditioned. Relatively speaking.

I've heard nothing but good things coming from the Toney camp, so my hopes are up a little, but in all reality, he's probably still getting choked out. But I'd be happy as a pig in shit if he could pull this off.

"Toney shape" would seem that way..Yet,we got to take into consideration how relaxed Toney is at all times in the ring..For how relaxed he is,he doubles his stamina pretty much..I used to be tense and had no idea I was and was wondering why I'd get tired till I learned how to be relaxed..To be fully relaxed is wayyyyyy easier said than done..That means relaxed on offense and defense while keeping your body completely loose like a string..

Yet,"Toney shape" is very true about a lot of guys..hahaha..I like the phrase..

Good pics of Toney..He looks in better shape than I thought he would a month before the fight..I have a feeling he is going to be in amazing shape when it comes to fight time..He has the weight of the boxing world on his shoulders I feel and he wants to prove something by beating Couture..
Fitz
Wlad would smash Toney's face in. Toney would look very ugly (more than usual) after the fight. Because he has such a thick skull and can take shot after shot and is short. It would look ugly by the end. His face will be smashed in, nose broken. Because he doesn't get laid out by one shot, that is the exact reason why it would be very ugly for him. Absolutely pulverised.
PR316
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 22 2010, 11:33 PM) *
Toney is one of my dudes, but there is no question in my mind that he gets stopped by Wlad. Toney's reflexes are seriously dulled.

If Sam Peter dropped him with his lame ass jab, Wlad will have no problem teeing off on him until the ref stops it.

Maybe so.

But I think thats what Toney would need to be convinced its time to hang em up.
JLUVBABY
id hate to see that fight.. read the other day that holyfield may be in the running for a fight with vitali... talk about getting hurt...
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jul 26 2010, 08:05 PM) *
id hate to see that fight.. read the other day that holyfield may be in the running for a fight with vitali... talk about getting hurt...

You all know how much I like Holy and I really wouldn't want to see him in there with either Klitchko..I feel he would have a better chance at KOing Wlad with a left hook but he also has more risk of serious injury with Wlad..These days when Holy gets in trouble or is falling behind in the fight we don't see him have that spark of energy to get back into it and if he does these days,it's only for a few seconds,not full rounds..If he starts taking a lot of jabs,he'll fall into a daze and just continue that just like everyone else the Klitchkos fight today..If it were a 90s Holy,it'd be a great fight and if he started taking a lot of jabs,we'd see some serious stuff coming back at the Klitchkos..

Vitali by UD sad to say..I like both a lot though but you all know..
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I heard Briggs was in the running to get a shot at Vitali too. I think that would be interesting for the first two rounds, then Briggs would take jabs every round after that. I think it's a bad fight for Holyfield too. I actually don't mind seeing Peter get the shot at Wlad. He won an eliminator in March, and has at least won a couple fights in the last year or so. He also dropped Wlad a few times in their fight and gave Wlad his toughest fight in the last five years. If Peter can put some pressure on Wlad and let his hands go, this may be interesting. I'm curious to see what he has left, and who knows, one punch changes everything. Maybe Povetkin will happen in a year or so when Teddy is ready. This might actually build up the fight a little bit too if Povetkin gets some more wins with Teddy Atlas.
ROLL DEEP
I can't talk about the heavies anymore.

I really can't. They're a complete waste of space cray.gif
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Jul 27 2010, 02:17 AM) *
I can't talk about the heavies anymore.

I really can't. They're a complete waste of space cray.gif

lol... thats sad to say but i agree... damn shame... the heavyweight division is supposed to be the glamour division...
Lil-lightsout
Briggs...hahahaha!!! Who the fuck did he beat in recent years to remotely get in the ring with Klit? Didn't he get iced by LL way back in 97 or something? So freaking sad.

Peter looked his best against Toney in the rematch. Looked like he actually trained and learned some stuff and improved. Then he got thrashed by Viali while looking like a huge pile of crap, and has even looked worse since. Amazing how much this sport is mental and how so many fighters go off the deep end after a loss.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 28 2010, 04:14 AM) *
Briggs...hahahaha!!! Who the fuck did he beat in recent years to remotely get in the ring with Klit? Didn't he get iced by LL way back in 97 or something? So freaking sad.

He beat Sergi Lyhcovich via awsome literal last second 12th round KO a few years back.

He got iced by LL ONLY after giving him quite a scare in the first round and even getting a KD that was not offcially counted. AND...never gave up, he must have gotten up like 5x in that fight...he showed a LOT of heart and determination in that fight with Lewis.

Shannon Briggs is dangerous as hell for the first 3 rounds....I don't care how bulky he is or who he is in the ring with...or how much he can't catch his breath....or how old he is...

For 9 minutes you had better be able to avoid his shots.

I like the Briggs matchup becasue it's one we have not seen as of yet. Physically speaking he is on the level of the Klits size wise. Peter had his shot at both brothers....lost and has not looked good since....I really don't care to see it again as I don't think a couple years added really changes anything except make it shorter a victory for the Klits.

In this current HW landscape...people who get shots, really don't have to "earn" it...as there is little out there to accomplish that warrents anything having been "earned". It's not like there are a long list of outside frindge contenders or legitimate, well established gate keepers.

Briggs would be getting a shot based on his name and size first and his recent string of tomato can wins second....which in this HW scene is enough.

OR....I say give Tua the shot....pretty much for the same reasons....it's a matchup we have not yet seen.

I don't care to see either Klit in the ring with another totally outgunned, unworthy opponent...nor do I care to see them in the ring with somebody they have already beaten.

So guys like Briggs and Tua are the perfect choice IMHO.

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Jul 28 2010, 11:40 AM) *
He beat Sergi Lyhcovich via awsome literal last second 12th round KO a few years back.

He got iced by LL ONLY after giving him quite a scare in the first round and even getting a KD that was not offcially counted. AND...never gave up, he must have gotten up like 5x in that fight...he showed a LOT of heart and determination in that fight with Lewis.

Shannon Briggs is dangerous as hell for the first 3 rounds....I don't care how bulky he is or who he is in the ring with...or how much he can't catch his breath....or how old he is...

For 9 minutes you had better be able to avoid his shots.

I like the Briggs matchup becasue it's one we have not seen as of yet. Physically speaking he is on the level of the Klits size wise. Peter had his shot at both brothers....lost and has not looked good since....I really don't care to see it again as I don't think a couple years added really changes anything except make it shorter a victory for the Klits.

In this current HW landscape...people who get shots, really don't have to "earn" it...as there is little out there to accomplish that warrents anything having been "earned". It's not like there are a long list of outside frindge contenders or legitimate, well established gate keepers.

Briggs would be getting a shot based on his name and size first and his recent string of tomato can wins second....which in this HW scene is enough.

OR....I say give Tua the shot....pretty much for the same reasons....it's a matchup we have not yet seen.

I don't care to see either Klit in the ring with another totally outgunned, unworthy opponent...nor do I care to see them in the ring with somebody they have already beaten.

So guys like Briggs and Tua are the perfect choice IMHO.

Fight with Lewis was in 98, I was close. I remember the fight vaguely, it was an entertaining scrap with Briggs getting hammered into submission. I just don't like him as a choice just yet. It would be nice if he had any remotely tougher type fighters he faced in recent years. That win against Liakhovich was 4 years ago. I saw that fight also, and Briggs looked awful that night too. He was very lucky he finally did something offensive at the end to pull out the win, it like came out of no where.

Then in his next fight against Ibragimov, he looked like complete garbage, I just don't get him. He is very frustrating for me to watch with his size and athletic abilities. I have seen him come up through the ranks in many fights, and just never thought much of him. I would just like to see him in there with a more live opponent FIRST before taking on Klit.

As far as Tua, he would be my second choice for an opponent for either Klit. But his showing against Barrett has diminished my hopes some. That is just my personal preference cause I few him as a more dangerous threat than Briggs. That is just my opinion, I could be wrong.

I agree with you that I don't want to see the Klits with an out gunned unworthy opponent next, and someone they already beat.

Now if Povektin was not such a pussy, I would like to see how he matches up with Wlad.

Oh, I can not forget to mention my first choice... JAMES "LLLLLLLIGHTS OUT" TOOOOONNNNEEEEYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

We will see James next month destroying Couture real quick, and then everyone WILL glamour for him to fight Wlad. I will tell you right now if Toney, who has beaten two heavyweight Champions already, gets his shot at Wlad, he will WIN! You can not judge him off his lazy ass couple of fights back with his unmotivated ass(Oquendo). He is going to shock the world! Toney got more skills than any challenger out there and is tougher than ANY fighter today. And the people who want to see him get KO'd by Wlad want the fight too. Problem is NO WAY is Wlad or that bum brother Vitali EVER knocking out Toney. Sure Toney was knocked off balance by a Peter jab, but did you see those fucking bombs he took? He is all man.

I can not wait for your rebuttal, cause I know how much you think of James. laugh.gif
D-MARV
I rather see Briggs before Toney.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 28 2010, 02:42 PM) *
I rather see Briggs before Toney.

rolleyes_anim.gif
Run and Gun Game Calls
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 28 2010, 04:28 PM) *
Fight with Lewis was in 98, I was close. I remember the fight vaguely, it was an entertaining scrap with Briggs getting hammered into submission. I just don't like him as a choice just yet. It would be nice if he had any remotely tougher type fighters he faced in recent years. That win against Liakhovich was 4 years ago. I saw that fight also, and Briggs looked awful that night too. He was very lucky he finally did something offensive at the end to pull out the win, it like came out of no where.

Then in his next fight against Ibragimov, he looked like complete garbage, I just don't get him. He is very frustrating for me to watch with his size and athletic abilities. I have seen him come up through the ranks in many fights, and just never thought much of him. I would just like to see him in there with a more live opponent FIRST before taking on Klit.

As far as Tua, he would be my second choice for an opponent for either Klit. But his showing against Barrett has diminished my hopes some. That is just my personal preference cause I few him as a more dangerous threat than Briggs. That is just my opinion, I could be wrong.

I agree with you that I don't want to see the Klits with an out gunned unworthy opponent next, and someone they already beat.

Now if Povektin was not such a pussy, I would like to see how he matches up with Wlad.

Oh, I can not forget to mention my first choice... JAMES "LLLLLLLIGHTS OUT" TOOOOONNNNEEEEYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

We will see James next month destroying Couture real quick, and then everyone WILL glamour for him to fight Wlad. I will tell you right now if Toney, who has beaten two heavyweight Champions already, gets his shot at Wlad, he will WIN! You can not judge him off his lazy ass couple of fights back with his unmotivated ass(Oquendo). He is going to shock the world! Toney got more skills than any challenger out there and is tougher than ANY fighter today. And the people who want to see him get KO'd by Wlad want the fight too. Problem is NO WAY is Wlad or that bum brother Vitali EVER knocking out Toney. Sure Toney was knocked off balance by a Peter jab, but did you see those fucking bombs he took? He is all man.

I can not wait for your rebuttal, cause I know how much you think of James. laugh.gif

Dude Toney is a circus sideshow at this point an time.. Couture is gonna take him off of his feet and destroy him. Its gonna be very very ugly. If Tito Ortiz, an accomplished wrestler, Mark Coleman, An accomplished wrestler, , all of the brazilian JJ artistes he fought couldnt prevent the take down, Toney isnt going to either. You have to plant on your back foot to throw with power. Once Toney PLants, he is down, simple as that. And no way he defends himself once he is on his back. I expect him to turn over though, and give up the choke to prevent taking the beating.

The Shoulder roll isnt gonna work in the octagon bro. Couture would do the same to my fav fighter too, Roy Jones

Its Like Micheal Jordan Playing baseball, just a differant sport. And Toney is in for a very rude awakening.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Jul 28 2010, 07:09 PM) *
Dude Toney is a circus sideshow at this point an time.. Couture is gonna take him off of his feet and destroy him. Its gonna be very very ugly. If Tito Ortiz, an accomplished wrestler, Mark Coleman, An accomplished wrestler, , all of the brazilian JJ artistes he fought couldnt prevent the take down, Toney isnt going to either. You have to plant on your back foot to throw with power. Once Toney PLants, he is down, simple as that. And no way he defends himself once he is on his back. I expect him to turn over though, and give up the choke to prevent taking the beating.

The Shoulder roll isnt gonna work in the octagon bro. Couture would do the same to my fav fighter too, Roy Jones

Its Like Micheal Jordan Playing baseball, just a differant sport. And Toney is in for a very rude awakening.

Hahaha. As soon as that buffoon goes and reaches for Toney, he is going to get lit up like never before. He is going to eat some jabs, some rights, and then Randy will probably get blasted out of there with a right uppercut when he foolishly attacks James down low. Couture ain't even going to get a chance to take him down, he will be too busy getting KTFO!!! "Simple as that".
D-MARV
Lightsout... I hate to break it too you BUT Toney has NO chance at either Klitschko. He couldn't beat Samuel FUCKING Peter.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 28 2010, 07:31 PM) *
Hahaha. As soon as that buffoon goes and reaches for Toney, he is going to get lit up like never before. He is going to eat some jabs, some rights, and then Randy will probably get blasted out of there with a right uppercut when he foolishly attacks James down low. Couture ain't even going to get a chance to take him down, he will be too busy getting KTFO!!! "Simple as that".

clapping.gif It is as simple as that and that's exactly how it's going to happen..
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Man lil lightsout, you gotta stop with this Toney stuff. What has the man done in the last three years that makes you think he has a shot at any decent heavy or Randy Corture. He hasn't fought since last September for christ sake, and hasn't beaten a legit opponent since Dominick Guinn in 2005. Don't go counting that Oquendo robbery either, as that should have been the end of Toney right there. At least Briggs has won three fights this year. He's beaten fighters that are on about the same level that Toney's opponent was on last September. The dude is old now, and is nothing but a side show even in boxing. All he does is run his mouth, but what has he done in the last four or so years to make him a legitimate contender? Until you answer that LL, Toney should not even be in conversation about beating most of the heavyweights. However, you're right he did beat two former champs 5.5 YEARS AGO and 7 YEARS AGO. Toney wouldn't beat Adamek, Arreola, or Povetkin right now, let alone the Klitschko's. I know you love your fighter LL, but what has he shown in the last 2-3 years that makes you think he has a shot in the division??
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 28 2010, 10:38 PM) *
Lightsout... I hate to break it too you BUT Toney has NO chance at either Klitschko. He couldn't beat Samuel FUCKING Peter.

THAT was the "old" unmotivated Toney you are talking about. The new and improved revitalized Toney will give you a glimpse, though only a short victorious one, in August what a real champion looks like. Don't worry man, only a few more weeks to see what I am talking about.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jul 28 2010, 10:50 PM) *
clapping.gif It is as simple as that and that's exactly how it's going to happen..

Someone who knows his stuff!
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Jul 28 2010, 11:31 PM) *
Man lil lightsout, you gotta stop with this Toney stuff. What has the man done in the last three years that makes you think he has a shot at any decent heavy or Randy Corture. He hasn't fought since last September for christ sake, and hasn't beaten a legit opponent since Dominick Guinn in 2005. Don't go counting that Oquendo robbery either, as that should have been the end of Toney right there. At least Briggs has won three fights this year. He's beaten fighters that are on about the same level that Toney's opponent was on last September. The dude is old now, and is nothing but a side show even in boxing. All he does is run his mouth, but what has he done in the last four or so years to make him a legitimate contender? Until you answer that LL, Toney should not even be in conversation about beating most of the heavyweights. However, you're right he did beat two former champs 5.5 YEARS AGO and 7 YEARS AGO. Toney wouldn't beat Adamek, Arreola, or Povetkin right now, let alone the Klitschko's. I know you love your fighter LL, but what has he shown in the last 2-3 years that makes you think he has a shot in the division??

First off young one, I will never stop with the "Toney stuff". Until any of these so called champs/chumps fight him, he has got a chance against them in my book.

Briggs won three fights against bums, big freaking deal. Look at the QUALITY fighters they faced in there careers between the two, not even close. Briggs ain't done shit compared to Toney. James is a legend and deserves a shot at least.

So you answer me this. What did Sosnowski, Gomez, Arreola, Johnson, Austin, etc. do to warrant there shots at the Klits???
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Toney won one fight in the last year against a bum, so what's the big deal there? I don't care if he's a legend. Roy Jones Jr. is a legend, should he get a shot at the Klitschko's? Bernard Hopkins is a legend, does he deserve a shot at the HW title? Just because he was a legend at the lower weight classes about 15 years ago doesn't mean you deserve a shot at the HW title. Boxing is about what you've done recently, and I'm sure you know that. James Toney has done nothing in the last five years, as I have pointed out already to deserve a shot at the title. I'm not going to go in circles about what James Toney HASN'T done in the last five years, because you can take one look at his record and see that.

All the fighters you mentioned, minus Sonsowski, deserve a shot at the Klitschko's more than Toney. Ray Austin beat Owen Beck less than two years before he fought Kltischko for the #2 spot in the IBF. Honestly that victory is more impressive than anything Toney has done in the last two years. That draw against Ibragimov was also more impressive than anything Toney has done in the last two years. Arreola's win over Travis Walker is better than anything Toney has done recently also. Hell, beating McCline was better than anything Toney has done in the last few years. Gomez won two eliminators to fight Vitali. He beat McCall and Virchis in eliminators to fight Vitali. These fighters at least won eliminators to get their shot. It was Klitschko's choice to face the mandatory to keep the belt. The victories these fighters have in the two years prior to facing Klitschko are miles above anything Toney has done in the last two years. You think these fighters didn't earn a shot, but Toney should somehow be given a shot?

I'm not trying to argue that Toney doesn't have a legacy in this sport. Toney was a great fighter in this time, and truly knows the sport. All I'm trying to argue is that he's not relevant today at all. These champs don't need to fight him because he has nothing but a big mouth right now. If a heavyweight beats James Toney right now, people say that Toney is just fat and out of shape. There isn't much upside in beating him at heavy right now unless proven otherwise.
Lil-lightsout
I also forgot to add Rahman as bogus guys who got shots at the Klits. What about that one? What he do to deserve a spot? How about Kevin Queen pin Johnson??? How did you like watching those two fights?

Arreola beat Walker and a McCline? Are you kidding me? Who the fuck is Walker? And piss pants fat McCline came in JUST for the payday. Complete joke.

Bernard NEVER fought at heavyweight. Bad example.

Roy Jones gets knocked out by light heavyweights all the times these days. Another bad example.

Bottom line Toney right now is better than and could beat pretty much every fighter you mentioned. Toney has never been KO'd or even close to it. The heavyweights are pathetic these days and I see no reason to give a shot to a legend who has fought some quality fighters at heavyweight. I agree he has done shit lately, but I have seen way too many mismatches with the Klits to know having to EARN a shot at the Klits has NOTHING to do with getting a fight with them. So let me keep glamouring for my man to get his shot.

Shit, I was all for Povektin or Haye to fight Wlad, but obviously they grew some vaginas. Who else does it really leave us?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.