Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pac fighting Margarito
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
rusty_trombone
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38394467/ns/sports/

i wish bob arum was my promoter.
Nay_Sayer
I don't think Pacquiao can beat Margarito @ 154lbs...
kidbazooka1
I much rather see Pac vs Margarito than a Cotto rematch thats for sure.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Jul 25 2010, 01:25 AM) *
I much rather see Pac vs Margarito than a Cotto rematch thats for sure.

Pacquiao vs Margarito will look just like Mosley vs Margarito with Pacquiao looking even more flashy throwing faster combos and simply overwhelming Margarito with activity. Margarito probably gets stopped even sooner than he did against Mosley.

The fight being at 154 doesn't matter. Could be at 140 or 160, the result is the same. Pacquiao has proved that weight is a non-factor when you're dealing with a great little dude.
Run and Gun Game Calls
AT LEAST HE IS FIGHTING SOMEONE
Lil-lightsout
Margarito will stop Pac late, especially if it is over the 147lb limit.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Jul 25 2010, 02:44 AM) *
Margarito will stop Pac late, especially if it is over the 147lb limit.

Bullshit. Marg is way too slow for the Pacman. Pac is gonna tee off on his head. It should be fun to watch.
blackbelt2003
C'mon, guys, have we not learned about picking against Pac based on size?

Pacman is a genuine welterweight now, and he can do everything Shane did to Margarito and more, especially with the Mexican having lost the momentum he once had.

Pac stops Margarito fairly easily, and then does the same to Cotto in a rematch. Not sure if Mayweather ever figures in their plans, he'll probably take a year or two off and then return in 'the big comeback' so who knows?

Black
Method
Got no problem w this match up. Bring it on.
D-MARV
War MARGARITO.

I'm sure there will be a catchweight. It's for the 154lb title so I assume the catchweight will be 151. Pac will get praised for beating the guy who got destroyed by the guy Mayweather destroyed.
caneman
War Pacman! Pac by stoppage in 5 rounds or less! Dammit D...YOU WANT A FAGGOT ASS CHEATER TO WIN? PFFFT FIGURES!
D-MARV
There both cheaters.
D-MARV
By Mark Vester

WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao will request a catch-weight of 150-pounds when he moves up to the junior middleweight division to challenge Antonio Margarito for the vacant WBC title on November 13.

Pacquiao's attorney Franklin Gacal told the Manila Bulletin a catch-weight of "150-pounds" will be requested by the Filipino champion. The weight is four pounds below Margarito's current fighting weight and three pounds above Pacquiao' current fighting weight of 147. Pacquiao will be going for his eight divisional title.

Gacal says the catch-weight request is fair for the 5'11 Margarito, telling the paper - “Margarito is big and tall even at super welter.”

Mike Koncz, Pacquiao’s adviser, told the paper he is still in the United States working out the terms. Pacquiao has yet to approve the fight. Koncz will meet with Pacquiao in a few days to review the proposal for the Margarito fight.

“I’ll get what’s the best deal that I could get for Manny,” Koncz said.

And there you have it.
caneman
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 25 2010, 09:22 AM) *
And there you have it.

I disagree but all good...plus he ain't a fucking liar like PBF! rolleyes_anim.gif
D-MARV
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 25 2010, 09:54 AM) *
I disagree but all good...plus he ain't a fucking liar like PBF! rolleyes_anim.gif

Pacquiao not a liar? LMAO. Tell his wife that.
rusty_trombone
It boggles my mind to see people pick Margarito. Have you guys actually watched him fight?
Jack 1000
Other community forums are really pissed that Margacheato is getting another chance, and I have to share that this fight is wrong on so many reasons from an ethical standpoint. If Arum can't get "Cheato" a license in Nevada, he'll take the fight to Mexico, where the contingency over there will worship Margacheato like nothing ever happened.

Pacquiao by TKO in 9 (once he finds the grove, it's just a matter of time.) "Margacheato" will turn to jelly without his loaded gloves.

Jack
D-MARV
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Jul 25 2010, 10:23 AM) *
It boggles my mind to see people pick Margarito. Have you guys actually watched him fight?

Margarito has always been an average fighter IMO... He has/had a great chin and that was about it. Pacquiao probably overwhelmes him somewhere between the 10th and 12th rounds. I just wonder how Pac deals with Margarito's output in the early going. BUt I guess it's likely that Pacquiao will get off first and won't stop. BY the way, I will lay some money on rounds 1,2, and 3.

Method
Great...another bullshit catchweight.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 25 2010, 09:34 AM) *
Margarito has always been an average fighter IMO... He has/had a great chin and that was about it. Pacquiao probably overwhelmes him somewhere between the 10th and 12th rounds. I just wonder how Pac deals with Margarito's output in the early going. BUt I guess it's likely that Pacquiao will get off first and won't stop. BY the way, I will lay some money on rounds 1,2, and 3.

Unless all of this time off has suddenly made his footwork not trashy and slow, allowed him not to get hit by every single punch his opponent throws, and made his slow, round, inaccurate punches suddenly fast, straight and accurate.....
D-MARV
Personally, I think Margarito's chin is cracked. Without that chin Margarito will be reduced to nothing more than a journeyman. This could turn into another Hatton fight. Early, explosive KO win for Pacquiao.
caneman
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 25 2010, 10:10 AM) *
Pacquiao not a liar? LMAO. Tell his wife that.

Men lie to their bitches to avoid conflict, always have & always will!
PR316
This will be fun.

I can't wait to see Margarito get the thrashing of a lifetime.

This will be so one sided that it'll be comical.

It'll make the Mosley-Margarito fight look like a party compared to whats gonna happen here.
caneman
QUOTE (PR316 @ Jul 25 2010, 11:18 AM) *
This will be fun.

I can't wait to see Margarito get the thrashing of a lifetime.

This will be so one sided that it'll be comical.

It'll make the Mosley-Margarito fight look like a party compared to whats gonna happen here.

Agreed!
Mean Mister Mustard
Pacquia is going to have to land 1000 punches on Margarito's head if he wants to stop him. Otherwise his best bet is to go to the body like Mosley did.
D-MARV
War MARGARITO!!!
Keith
I love this fight.

There is nothing wrong with Margarito's chin and that will make this an entertaining fight.

Pac will blister Margarito with his speed... however Pacs head has never been hard to find so Margarito will be game.
Nay_Sayer
Pacquiao ain't stopping Margarito. Not gonna happen.

If Margarito can get off 100 punches per round then Manny is gonna have some problems....
caneman
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Jul 25 2010, 01:16 PM) *
Pacquiao ain't stopping Margarito. Not gonna happen.

If Margarito can get off 100 punches per round then Manny is gonna have some problems....

Sig bet???
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 25 2010, 08:07 AM) *
War MARGARITO.

I'm sure there will be a catchweight. It's for the 154lb title so I assume the catchweight will be 151. Pac will get praised for beating the guy who got destroyed by the guy Mayweather destroyed.

Also the guy Mayweather refused to fight himself.

But seriously dude, there is a major difference between being suspected of using performance enhancers - the type of cheating a lot of athletes do - and being caught red fucking handed with bricks on your fists. C'mon. There is no way in good conscience you can take some sort of moral high ground and hate on Pacquiao for allegedly cheating, yet then root for a guy like Antonio Margarito.

caneman
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Jul 25 2010, 02:14 PM) *

But seriously dude, there is a major difference between being suspected of using performance enhancers - the type of cheating a lot of athletes do - and being caught red fucking handed with bricks on your fists. C'mon. There is no way in good conscience you can take some sort of moral high ground and hate on Pacquiao for allegedly cheating, yet then root for a guy like Antonio Margarito.

AHHHHHHHHHH, a man with common sense! lolz drinks.gif
D-MARV
QUOTE (Big Slim Sweet @ Jul 25 2010, 02:14 PM) *

In all honesty, I could give two fucks about who wins. I NEVER been a fan of Margarito so it's no big deal to me. I'm rooting against Pacquiao because of the fact that this WILL be, yet another, championship fight at a FUCKING Catchweight. This is BEYOND gay in my opinion and Pacquiao deserves to be stretched for it. I ALSO think that it would be funny if Margarito fucks BOTH Pacquiao and Mayweather by beating this shit out of Pacquiao. If Pacquiao decides to fight Margarito at 154 for the title then I'll shut up and enjoy the fight. But I'm getting sick of this 8 divison champ bullshit.

Pacquiao can fight Margarito @ 150 but wouldn't fight Cotto at 147?
kidbazooka1
I agree with most here. Margarito IMO hasn't been the same since the Cotto fight wihich i believe took alot out of him. Pac will have his wau with him he'll hit and move for the first few rds then take Marg out late in the middle rds.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (caneman @ Jul 25 2010, 12:52 PM) *
Sig bet???

Damn straight...
JLUVBABY
thats a damn nasty sig-bet.. lol... imma have a house full... a lot of my latino homies will be here at the house for this one... my yard man is cuban and he's pulling for margarito... the fight def appears to have interest and i will say this again... margacheato gives the lil pinoy midget a hard ass fight... this fight is better than some are giving it credit for... i.m.o...
Method
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jul 25 2010, 03:53 PM) *
my yard man is cuban

What does he do? Spray the weeds that grow up through the cracks of your concrete "lawn"?
Seek
After this Pacman is gonna fight Sergio Martinez at a catchweigh of 154 for the MIDDLE WEIGHT championship wtf.gif
D-MARV
QUOTE (Seek @ Jul 25 2010, 04:35 PM) *
After this Pacman is gonna fight Sergio Martinez at a catchweigh of 154 for the MIDDLE WEIGHT championship wtf.gif

He wouldn't fight Martinez...

It will be JCC Jr at 154.5 for the WBC "Diamond" Middleweight championship.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Jul 25 2010, 01:37 PM) *
He wouldn't fight Martinez...

It will be JCC Jr at 154.5 for the WBC "Diamond" Middleweight championship.

then maybe he'll fight Prince for the Diamonds & Pearls belt.
rusty_trombone
Speaking of sig bets, I will take any and all sig/title/name change bets for anyone that wants to actually take margarito. It would be my sincere pleasure to design embarrassing shit for you to have to live down.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jul 25 2010, 04:51 PM) *

War PRINCE!!!!!!!!
Seek
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Jul 25 2010, 04:51 PM) *

CANT......STOP................WATCHING O_O
Snoop
Another catchweight? Pacquiao's championship titles are a fucking farce.
PR316
I think its pointless to do this at 150. Why not 147????... If they want to make this a title fight it should be at 154 but Pacquiao does have all the leverage here.

Tony will do whatever he has to do to get the fight.
gravytrain
I don't see many ways this can end; Margarito has no real defense, hasn't had any real fights in a year, and is coming off getting destroyed by Mosley. Pacquiao will be landing shots at will and Margarito will continue to press forward, Pacquiao will then get a belt in an 8th division by scoring a TKO.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Jul 25 2010, 10:01 PM) *
I don't see many ways this can end; Margarito has no real defense, hasn't had any real fights in a year, and is coming off getting destroyed by Mosley. Pacquiao will be landing shots at will and Margarito will continue to press forward, Pacquiao will then get a belt in an 8th division by scoring a TKO.

Gravytrain??I'm diggin the name..Welcome to FH..

I see the fight happening the same way as you say it..I don't think it will take as many punches as it took Mosley to finish Margarito though..Normally when a guy gets KO'd after taking a major beating or in some cases just take a major beating,they don't want to go back to that feeling so they give in easier than before..Sam Peter is an example..Wlad whooped him and almost put him down,then he quit against Vitali,then got dropped 3 times against McCline..Obviously some fighters are different and will continue to fight through the shit like Gatti..
Snoop
QUOTE (PR316 @ Jul 26 2010, 03:29 AM) *
I think its pointless to do this at 150. Why not 147????... If they want to make this a title fight it should be at 154 but Pacquiao does have all the leverage here.

Tony will do whatever he has to do to get the fight.

Exactly. The whole justification is such bullshit. "Margarito has a size advantage, reach advantage, blah blah blah..." Don't fight in the fucking weight class then. Simple as that.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I've argued this with Hype and others, but Margarito will win this fight. People can say whatever about the Mosley fight, but there is no way Margarito went into that ring mentally ready for that fight. Finding out your trainer tried to cheat in a big fight could take a lot out of a fighter. This sport is highly mental, and that situation would mess with most fighters out there. However, look at the other fights. He wore Cotto, Cintron, and even Williams down in their fights. Pacquiao has never felt a body attack that Margarito is going to bring at him. He also won't charge in with his hands down like Hatton did. Tony is going to pressure Pacquaio, and bust him up. Clottey put some marks on him from the few shots he threw, and Tony is going to be busier than that. Also, what makes people think his chin isn't there? He never took a step back against Cotto, Williams, Cintron, or Clottey. He took some damn hard shots against Mosley before he went down as well. Pacquiao won't load up as much as Mosley, and Margarito will see the shots coming as he did against Cotto. Pacquiao will win the early rounds, but Tony will get those body shots in and stay busy. He'll start trapping Pacquiao against the ropes in those middle rounds, and Pacquiao will wear down. He hasn't been in a grueling fight since the Marquez rematch. The size, body shots, and pressure will wear on him. I think by the 10th or 11th round, Margarito will finish the job and stop Pacquiao.

Margarito TKO 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gravytrain
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Jul 26 2010, 02:20 AM) *
I've argued this with Hype and others, but Margarito will win this fight. People can say whatever about the Mosley fight, but there is no way Margarito went into that ring mentally ready for that fight. Finding out your trainer tried to cheat in a big fight could take a lot out of a fighter. This sport is highly mental, and that situation would mess with most fighters out there. However, look at the other fights. He wore Cotto, Cintron, and even Williams down in their fights. Pacquiao has never felt a body attack that Margarito is going to bring at him. He also won't charge in with his hands down like Hatton did. Tony is going to pressure Pacquaio, and bust him up. Clottey put some marks on him from the few shots he threw, and Tony is going to be busier than that. Also, what makes people think his chin isn't there? He never took a step back against Cotto, Williams, Cintron, or Clottey. He took some damn hard shots against Mosley before he went down as well. Pacquiao won't load up as much as Mosley, and Margarito will see the shots coming as he did against Cotto. Pacquiao will win the early rounds, but Tony will get those body shots in and stay busy. He'll start trapping Pacquiao against the ropes in those middle rounds, and Pacquiao will wear down. He hasn't been in a grueling fight since the Marquez rematch. The size, body shots, and pressure will wear on him. I think by the 10th or 11th round, Margarito will finish the job and stop Pacquiao.

Margarito TKO 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Margarito didn't know about the wraps about as much as Luis Resto tried to say he didn't know padding was removed from his gloves, if anything Margarito lost a mental advantage by knowing he didn't have bricks in his gloves.

Pacquiao has definitely had a relatively easy time since his last fight with Marquez and I think Margarito will be his biggest challenge since moving up in weight, but I just can't see him dealing with the speed and stamina of Pacquiao. Not only that but Margarito had a hard time with Roberto Garcia, he's probably lost a step since before he got banned.

QUOTE (Snoop @ Jul 26 2010, 01:35 AM) *
Exactly. The whole justification is such bullshit. "Margarito has a size advantage, reach advantage, blah blah blah..." Don't fight in the fucking weight class then. Simple as that.

Arum rejected the Cotto fight for basically the same reasons he said a rematch would be attractive too lol. Not much else to expect from the man who said "yesterday I was lying, today I'm telling the truth.".

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Jul 25 2010, 11:27 PM) *
Gravytrain??I'm diggin the name..Welcome to FH..

I see the fight happening the same way as you say it..I don't think it will take as many punches as it took Mosley to finish Margarito though..Normally when a guy gets KO'd after taking a major beating or in some cases just take a major beating,they don't want to go back to that feeling so they give in easier than before..Sam Peter is an example..Wlad whooped him and almost put him down,then he quit against Vitali,then got dropped 3 times against McCline..Obviously some fighters are different and will continue to fight through the shit like Gatti..

Thanks.

Cotto too, he's not even the same fighter after the Margarito fight.
Big Slim Sweet
The fight should be at 147. At least then it means something. 150 means dick.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.