Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What games are you playing now????
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
BigG
I loved the first mafia...the story was absolutely great. But the gameplay wasn't as good as many other free roamers. The story made up for it though.
lloyd mayflower
From what iv read this one is probably similar. Seemingly the city is awesome but theres not much to do in it apart from you mission. No side missions etc. Might get it anyway since I appear to have lost interest in red dead redemption
Method
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 31 2010, 12:57 PM) *
From what iv read this one is probably similar. Seemingly the city is awesome but theres not much to do in it apart from you mission. No side missions etc. Might get it anyway since I appear to have lost interest in red dead redemption

Red Dead Redemption turns into Little House on the fucking Prairie.

SO disappointed in that piece of shit. I love that genre. That game just lost me fairly quick. Too much noodling around on horseback.
Method
QUOTE (rusty_trombone @ Aug 31 2010, 11:50 AM) *
Meth, wtf is a leatherman? it sounds like some shit from a fetish movie.

You didn't just ask me that, did you?

Warlord
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 31 2010, 09:48 AM) *
WARLORD, if you only KNEW how many all-nighter's I pulled Playing the ORIGINAL Sid Meyer's Pirates.

For me, quite possibly the greatest game of all time.

I concur. Which nationality did you go with? I usually went with English, and 'duel' as my special skill, though sometimes 'charm' was a good choice as well.

I liked to start in the earlier scenarios, build a massive crew, sack some towns and run out the governors, replacing them with English ones. Once the Spanish were royally pissed, they'd send out the war galleons and I'd take those fucking captains and ransom them out to their families. (Sometimes you had to refuse to deal a couple of times to get a high price. Risk being those faggots occasionally jumping overboard.)

The best shit shit was waiting for the Silver Train and the Treasure Fleet to hit Puerto Bello at the same fucking time.

Holding out on marriage trying to bag a hot chick was always funny as well. Gotta keep pushing your rank up to get a chance with her, but running the risk of getting your old ass out-dueled by a young up-and-comer.

I swear, one time I got it handed to me whilst trying to sack Vera Cruz maybe, and I got this shit message while I was rotting in prison. "Most of your crew abandons you for a younger, more attractive captain." laugh.gif

I loved to wreck the Spanish for most of my career, wait for an amnesty, roll my old ass in and pay a fine, catch some Spanish pirates and renegades, turn them over to the governor, and get a nice rank from them in the end. laugh.gif

Wowzers. What a great fucking game. I'm telling you dude, if you liked Pirates!, check out Uncharted Waters. VERY similar game engine. Only difference being no duels, but an added option of actually walking through different ports and gambling to raise money.

P.S. What was your highest ranking on Pirates!? On the PC, I think I made it to wealthy merchant in one of the rich ports. On Genesis I made it up to the rank of fucking Prince!

P.P.S. I just remembered half the fun (and irritation) of Pirates!. Trying to keep your gay-ass crew mollified. I liked to amass a HUGE fortune, and then force-march them across an open plain to Gran Granada or Panama and gut those mother-fuckers on the forts there.

Nothing like rolling into port with a million gold pieces and 4 or 5 guys to split it between. laugh.gif
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 31 2010, 01:35 PM) *
You didn't just ask me that, did you?

Ah, a multi-tool.

This is one of my favorite game series also, the original was dope. Prince of Persia son.

BGv2.0
Well....let's see...I've been playing the following: and believe it or not...there is a order to this.

1.) CastleVania: Symphony of the Night.
2.) Destruction Derby
3.) Silent Hill 1
4.) Mansion of Hidden Souls
5.) Sonic CD
6.) Snatcher
7.) Flashback
8.) Revenge of Shinobi
9.) Contra: Hard Corps.
10.) Last Battle
11.) Golgo 13
12.) Ninja Gaiden
13.) Kid Nikki
14.) Renegade
15.) Rygar

DAMN Warlord....you have been dusting off some F'N cobwebs in this thread.

F13 on NES...was one of the HARDEST and most annoying games I ever played....next to Ghosts and Goblins!

AND...it amazes me how as a young kid shit would escape you...but when you look at it later with the awe removed (ie. sad adult with no hope)...did you ever realize that Double Dragon II was nothing more than Double Dragon with the back grounds changed and the guys had little extras added and slightly altered color schemes onto the old ones to make them look slightly different?

I never realized it as a kid...but now when I play it...it's offendingly obvious! lol Because I recall busting my ass to earn the money to buy that game.

Did you ever play Renegade? I put that one up there with DD...

And did you ever see the assassination scene and love scene in Golgo 13? The head shot through the scope is something that stills looks good today.

Rygar was a game that was nowhere near the arcade..but actually IMHO surpassed it as far as being interesting.

Warlord
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Sep 2 2010, 04:06 PM) *
DAMN Warlord....you have been dusting off some F'N cobwebs in this thread.

F13 on NES...was one of the HARDEST and most annoying games I ever played....next to Ghosts and Goblins!

I had to beat Friday the 13th on an emulator. Could never get it done as a kid, and we were to poor to afford a fucking game Genie.

AND...it amazes me how as a young kid shit would escape you...but when you look at it later with the awe removed (ie. sad adult with no hope)...did you ever realize that Double Dragon II was nothing more than Double Dragon with the back grounds changed and the guys had little extras added and slightly altered color schemes onto the old ones to make them look slightly different?

I never realized it as a kid...but now when I play it...it's offendingly obvious! lol Because I recall busting my ass to earn the money to buy that game.

Hahaha. That's nothing, dude. The entire Mega Man series was based on that premise.

One of the most hilarious things is when I was playing Days of Thunder recently (that's right!), there are basically 2 tracks in the entire game. The Daytona track which is used for every super speedway race, and Bristol, which is used for every short track race. The only thing that changes is race length, and competition levels.

The color schemes don't even really change, lol. laugh.gif

Did you ever play Renegade? I put that one up there with DD...

Naa. I didn't. I remember seeing it in the local video store for rental, but never got around to it. I should find the rom and try it out on my emulator.

And did you ever see the assassination scene and love scene in Golgo 13? The head shot through the scope is something that stills looks good today.

Did you need the light gun for that game? If so I definitely didn't play it. I broke my gun playing Duck Hunt pretty early on. That game cheated, man. Blasting those ducks at point blank range and they still wouldn't go down. And that fucking mutt would pop up out of the bushes laughing at your ass, at which point one would try vainly but incessantly to obliterate him with a thousand tiny bolts of light from one's gun. To no effect.

I finally threw my gun at the TV, which was a mammoth 1950's style floor TV complete with wood paneling and turn-knobs for channel surfing. The TV was okay, but the gun coughed its life out right there, a gazillion tiny pieces of gray and red plastic chunks bearing witness to the awesome, impotent fury of pre-pubescent indignation.

Rygar was a game that was nowhere near the arcade..but actually IMHO surpassed it as far as being interesting.

I remember Rygar. Karnov was another sweet title that sported a similar game engine.
King Eugene
I know I'm behind in times but I'm looking to purchase a new video game console. Its either going to be Xbox 360 or PS3 of course. The only games I'll probably play are NCAA Football, FNR4, and maybe a military game like Call of Duty or something. Just want to get you guys suggestions on which is the better console.

Since I'm not a big gamer and probably would only play it 3 to maybe 4 times a week would buying a used console be beneficial?

Thanks
Spyder
If you get a PS3, you'd unfortunately have to get abused by me and CEO in FNR4...so you'd probably be better off getting an Xbox where the opposition is a little safer.

Xbox = Kids
PS3 = Grown Ass Men
lloyd mayflower
Who remembers Road Rash? That was a fuckin awesome game

Eugene, go with a PS3, better console, handy for the Blu Ray player too
Spyder
Road Rash was my game!

Beating the shit out of people while riding fast bikes...it was almost as cool as Arch Rivals.

JD
Friday the 13th was the worst game ever.
Warlord

BGv2.0
QUOTE (Warlord @ Sep 3 2010, 12:18 AM) *
I had to beat Friday the 13th on an emulator. Could never get it done as a kid, and we were to poor to afford a fucking game Genie.

Hahaha. That's nothing, dude. The entire Mega Man series was based on that premise.

Naa. I didn't. I remember seeing it in the local video store for rental, but never got around to it. I should find the rom and try it out on my emulator.

Did you need the light gun for that game? If so I definitely didn't play it.

I finally threw my gun at the TV, which was a mammoth 1950's style floor TV complete with wood paneling and turn-knobs for channel surfing. The TV was okay, but the gun coughed its life out right there, a gazillion tiny pieces of gray and red plastic chunks bearing witness to the awesome, impotent fury of pre-pubescent indignation.

I remember Rygar. Karnov was another sweet title that sported a similar game engine.

renegade is worth searching out on MAME or any other emulator....every stage is the same...you have to whip about 10 guys and then their boss comes out and you have to whip him too. One stage is nothing but women in fishnet stockings and garters with whips and shit....and then their big bull dyke boss woman comes out and will slap the shit out of you and toss you across the screen! The game makes you beat up women in a way that DD or Streets of Rage never even came close to.

BUT..make sure you get the arcade version and not the NES version...they pussied out and made the chicks cover up in old lady dresses and hit you with their purses....gone were the whips and fishnets....I was so angry when I got to that level on the NES and got the shaft on that.

Plus unlike DD you can actually straddle people and beat them while they are on the ground.lol

You did not use the gun for Golgo 13...it was with the standard controller. You were in a helecopter and you had to zoom in on a guy in a window with your rifle....when you finally got locked on and took the shot...you see the guy's head explode with blood shooting out....it's from a distance..but VERY realistic even for it's day as compared to today's graphics...I promise you when you do it....you will be surprised this shit never casued an uproar in 1987...or whenever...I think it was simply because Golgo 13 was a relatively unknown game to most of the masses....so it snuck in under the radar.

Just like Sword of Sodan for the Genesis....that took beheadings to all to real level...you had to fight these giant dudes and when they fell to the ground...you had to actually take multiple swipes at their neck to decapitate them....the worst part was the sound effects....they actually programed it to sound like a gagging sound....really nasty!

I know busted controllers all too well. I used to give up as a kid...I never replaced them with authentic NES/SEGA controllers...it was always off brand...because it was cheaper...and I knew there was a good chance I'd be busting them too. lol
Method
QUOTE (Warlord @ Sep 1 2010, 03:56 AM) *
I concur. Which nationality did you go with? I usually went with English, and 'duel' as my special skill, though sometimes 'charm' was a good choice as well.

I liked to start in the earlier scenarios, build a massive crew, sack some towns and run out the governors, replacing them with English ones. Once the Spanish were royally pissed, they'd send out the war galleons and I'd take those fucking captains and ransom them out to their families. (Sometimes you had to refuse to deal a couple of times to get a high price. Risk being those faggots occasionally jumping overboard.)

The best shit shit was waiting for the Silver Train and the Treasure Fleet to hit Puerto Bello at the same fucking time.

Holding out on marriage trying to bag a hot chick was always funny as well. Gotta keep pushing your rank up to get a chance with her, but running the risk of getting your old ass out-dueled by a young up-and-comer.

I swear, one time I got it handed to me whilst trying to sack Vera Cruz maybe, and I got this shit message while I was rotting in prison. "Most of your crew abandons you for a younger, more attractive captain." laugh.gif

I loved to wreck the Spanish for most of my career, wait for an amnesty, roll my old ass in and pay a fine, catch some Spanish pirates and renegades, turn them over to the governor, and get a nice rank from them in the end. laugh.gif

Wowzers. What a great fucking game. I'm telling you dude, if you liked Pirates!, check out Uncharted Waters. VERY similar game engine. Only difference being no duels, but an added option of actually walking through different ports and gambling to raise money.

P.S. What was your highest ranking on Pirates!? On the PC, I think I made it to wealthy merchant in one of the rich ports. On Genesis I made it up to the rank of fucking Prince!

P.P.S. I just remembered half the fun (and irritation) of Pirates!. Trying to keep your gay-ass crew mollified. I liked to amass a HUGE fortune, and then force-march them across an open plain to Gran Granada or Panama and gut those mother-fuckers on the forts there.

Nothing like rolling into port with a million gold pieces and 4 or 5 guys to split it between. laugh.gif

Bro, I was ALWAYS English...starting my punk ass out in Port Royale, and the Spanish were ALWAYS on the back pedal from me and mine, as they had ALL the loot. You better be prepared to BRING it when you decide to attack Cartagegna, because they were fortified. Silver Train & Treasure Fleet were like hitting the fucking lottery. YOU HAD TO ATTACK THE TOWN no matter what you were packing.

The galleons etc were great boats, but my specialty was always dueling, so I would just rock a Sloop so I was mobile.

Sick game.

They did come out w a version for PSP, but no paper map, etc, it just wasnt the same.
Warlord
QUOTE (Method @ Sep 9 2010, 09:54 PM) *
Bro, I was ALWAYS English...starting my punk ass out in Port Royale, and the Spanish were ALWAYS on the back pedal from me and mine, as they had ALL the loot. You better be prepared to BRING it when you decide to attack Cartagegna, because they were fortified. Silver Train & Treasure Fleet were like hitting the fucking lottery. YOU HAD TO ATTACK THE TOWN no matter what you were packing.

The galleons etc were great boats, but my specialty was always dueling, so I would just rock a Sloop so I was mobile.

Sick game.

They did come out w a version for PSP, but no paper map, etc, it just wasnt the same.

Yeah sloops were good for speed, and quite effective early in the game. There was always satisfaction to be had when you storm a war galleon with your sloop and 20 peons, and watching as they get cut down in mere moments, whilst you fight bravely on, 1 man against 240, eventually forcing the enemy captain to retire, and watching as half his crew comes over to join you in the end.

On the other hand, I tended to drag my career out for as long as possible. Eventually you got to start running galleons and try to overwhelm the opposition off of sheer numbers, since your old, ancient, pathetically slow ass can't even outspeed the opposition with a rapier anymore. (Don't even dream of wielding the cutlass like you did in the old days. You'd get your decrepit ass sliced up before counter-stroke could even manifest itself as a thought.)

The other thing about running a fleet of galleons is you could just about run off the governor of any town, regardless of size. I think only some of the 4-fort places ever had a chance at resistance.
lloyd mayflower
Anyone tred the new EA MMA game? I was close to buying it today as I never bothered buying the UFC game tho I liked it when I had a go at it. Thought I would wait tho and see if anyone has had a go yet???
Spyder
Big Slim Sweet
I been rockin' the shit out of some fruit ninja on my iPhone.
lloyd mayflower
There is NOTHING you can play onr phone that is close to angry birds. Its p4p in the gaming world
Lil-lightsout
Me and my nephew finished Gears of War 3 campaign.

My two sons love angry birds.

I am anxiously waiting for Halo Anniversary next month. Been a Halo junkie for 10 years.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Oct 12 2011, 10:01 PM) *
Me and my nephew finished Gears of War 3 campaign.

My two sons love angry birds.

I am anxiously waiting for Halo Anniversary next month. Been a Halo junkie for 10 years.

I reckon my PS3 hasnt been turned on to play a game for +6 months. I blame the games. Theres nothing to ignite my interest. I even went so far as to borrow my mates xbox so I could play the Warriors. (game of the film). If anyone can get hold of it, its epic. The last game I ever loved!!!
Romulus9
Looking forward to the release of the next installment of the Assassin's Creed series in November.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Oct 12 2011, 05:03 PM) *
There is NOTHING you can play onr phone that is close to angry birds. Its p4p in the gaming world

I'd dispute that!

Super KO Boxing 2 has given me almost 3 years worth of excellent game playing, from beating the game itself to the challange and indurance modes....

I've beat it all except The Picador on Challenge Mode....just cannot seem to get the job done with him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.