Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What games are you playing now????
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
BigG
Whats up with your gaming?
rusty_trombone
I'm still playing FIFA 10. I played the shit out of God of War 3 though.
lloyd mayflower
I'm still on red dead redemption. Seem to have slowed down with it a bit since I got to Mexico
Snoop
I know someone is gonna mention Starcraft II.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Snoop @ Jul 29 2010, 03:11 PM) *
I know someone is gonna mention Starcraft II.

I've heard a lot about that game..Lots of good things..

I have bad news though..My fucking Xbox 360 shit out on me while I was playing Dragon Age-Origins(which is really bad ass) and haven't had money for a new system..Gotta save up for a PS3..
Lil-lightsout
Halo 3. My 6 year old and me mess around all the time on that game. September 14... HALO REACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Spyder
Red dead redemption when I play it. There's almost always a Blu-ray in it though...
Run and Gun Game Calls
ahhh i piddle around on the old internet game runescape from time to time, with work though i dont get to that often
Warlord
Just finished up Days of Thunder on my NES emulator. Gonna move on to Ninja Gaiden next.
JD
Finished Red Dead and now I am just back on some multiplayer Gears of War 2 when I am in the mood.

Was contemplating grabbing Alan Wake.
lloyd mayflower
Has anyone tried the red dead multiplayer? I tried it briefly but couldnt really work out what I was meant to be doing. Would be good to make a fighthype gang and run around bein complete bastards to others
JD
It's horrible.

I was in the Free Roam at first...unaware that you are supposed to leave people be and just hop into matches. People were getting irate because as soon as they turned their back, I would shotgun them to the head. Before long, I had a map full of people after me, so I bounced.
Spyder
QUOTE (JD @ Jul 30 2010, 11:10 AM) *
It's horrible.

I was in the Free Roam at first...unaware that you are supposed to leave people be and just hop into matches. People were getting irate because as soon as they turned their back, I would shotgun them to the head. Before long, I had a map full of people after me, so I bounced.

Same thing happened to me...I ended up camped out on top of a mountain, chucking sticks of dynamite into the gang of people that chased me up there.

I finally got sniped...lol
JD
QUOTE (Spyder @ Jul 30 2010, 12:38 PM) *
Same thing happened to me...I ended up camped out on top of a mountain, chucking sticks of dynamite into the gang of people that chased me up there.

I finally got sniped...lol

LOL...not surprising.

Dude's are a little odd in the free roam. I saw a slew of guys just sitting around a camp on the side of the road at night...I was bewildered...so I bolt-actioned as many as I could an ran. I mean, it is kind of funny to see how pissed people get when you kill them.
BigG
Ima bout to purchase 2 FPS..

Star Wars Battle Front II and CS: Source

Any of you play those games?

Warlord
Uhh... I played Contra...?

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start, (Select, Start for two players.) It'll start you out with 30 lives, bitch!

Warlord
Man George, you don't even know!

Warlord
Another sweet game.

lloyd mayflower
Warlord, none of those can hold a candle to the mighty Streets of Rage
Method
I found the GEMM of a website. I'm smitten!

http://www.videogamessuck.com/review400.html

Rhompus writes "Yeah i said it. This game sucks my balls. Its a horrible concoction of a)shit rockstar has used before, and cool.gif boring. Almost nothing... excuse me... NOTHING is revolutionary about this game; and anyone who thinks this game deserves Game of the Year let alone a 10/10 needs to swallow some buckshot. Allow me to continue...

Graphics- Shit. Just straight fecal matter. Oh you think otherwise? Play a PS3 game from like 2 years ago. Play Yakuza 3. Play Uncharted 2. Graphics aren't even comparable. 'But oh its non-exclusive, for the Xbox too!!11!, thats why it sucks' FUCK OFF. Mass Effect looked better. MASS EFFECT 1 LOOKED BETTER. 'But in HD it looks ghud!' Once again, fanboy, ANYTHING IN HD looks good. Find a Crack whore and an HD camera and you'll be goin "hmm looks damn good to me" before you realize its a crackwhore.

Also everything looks the same. Towns look the same. Landscape, the same.

IGN's judgment: "fantastic art direction: 9.5". SUCK MY LUMPY BALLS.

Sound- Actually not bad. When i gave a shit. Which wasn't very often. The dialog is more often than not a horrible snoozefest. And not only that it doesn't mean shit whether or not you listen to it. 'BUT OH HES GOT AN IRISH ACCENT' so the fuck what? ok hes irish? does this have ANYTHING to do with the plot of the story? NOO!!!. To be fair, it doesn't necessarily need to have anything to do with the story. But good voice acting is fucking worthless if the story is more empty than a 14 yr old's box of kleenex. Guns sound like guns, revolutionary i know.

IGN mentions the soundtrack, and although it is interesting at times, THEY FUCKING STOLE IT. Its not original AT ALL. Look at the soundtrack from another rockstar game 'Bully'. Same shit. Same music. Maybe changed like .2% of the notes to make them sound more westerney.

IGN's Judgment: "Superb voice acting and wonderful soundtrack: 10". Once again, suck a dick.

Gameplay- This is the worst part. Im not gonna be the first to notice this, hell even IGN mentioned it, but this game IS MINDFUCKINGLY EASY. Auto-target is a joke. I shoot faggots from MILES away with ease. As if it weren't easy enough, they also give you dead-eye, which they sorta stole from another rockstar game, Max Payne. So now you never lose. Armed with this knowledge, the game becomes boredom town, population 0, because by now, you've killed yourself.

Quests are also a bag of vomit. Who the fuck thought rounding up cattle is a fun part of this game?? Or using a lasso. 'BUT OH ITS ALL WESTERNEY NOW' stfu. Its all repetitive bullshit. Do this, kill a bunch of these fags, RIDE WITH ME TO A LOCATION 14 MILES AWAY, find some treasure, round up cattle, save my love interest, etc. Literally 95% of the quests have NOTHING to do with the story, but ill get into that later.

Be prepared to do nothing but travel with Red Dead. In fact, most of the game your either A)riding to a quest cool.gif Riding with some goon to do a quest or C) Finding a location to hang yourself. In Fact, i had my mom check on my in my basement throughout my playtime. And on 13 of those 17 check up times, I WAS FUCKING RIDING SOMEWHERE. Warning: Be prepared to get to a quest location, then the quest is to ride elsewhere, then back. ENJOY! There are some 'side things' like gather PLANTS, and SHOOT SHIT. But only the mightiest of homos do this.

Multiplayer is garbage. Play Uncharted 2. More customization, and fun. Seriously its fucking horrible. I kinda wish i threw a grenade into a delivery room instead of attempting Red Dead's multiplayer.

IGN: "Great variety, great combat, and a great multiplayer mode" LOLOLOL.

Presentation- Lol. Just Lol. As i mentioned earlier, 95% of the time your doing quests that have NOTHING to do with the story. Its as if Rockstar had like 10 quests for the story, then they made a bunch of meaningless scenarios to fill up the gameplay. Nothing makes any sense at fucking all. You kill a group of bandits for no fucking reason and thats IT. No mention later, NOTHING. BUT you needed to do it to continue the story. I already mentioned the riding, but yeah, its just an attempt to pad gameplay time. Oh yeah, the side quests are stupid as shit, ALWAYS.

The morality shit is stupid as hell too. So if i kill some bitch out in the open your meter goes down toward 'badass'. But good morality is FORCED upon you. Most of the main quests don't even allow you to be a badass. Or if they do allow you, the game doesn't even tell you that you can do one option or the other. Some quests crucial to the storyline force honorable points on you. So how can you not be honorable? 'But you can go and kill random people!' STFU. The faggots who made the preview for this game acted like you can make A FUCKING CHOICE every single quest. Eat a smelly taint-hair. Its just fucking stupid.

Not until late in the game do you make 'choices', but like GTA4, THEY DON'T MEAN SHIT. Ok so i killed that guy instead of helping him, now what? Nothing. GOTO YOUR NEXT QUEST. Forget this ever happened.

What little story there is, i dont give a shit about. So he wants to go home or something? So he has to kill this guy? ah fuck it. Characters are stupid, the events are ridiculous, and you do so much worthless shit for them. I DON'T CARE ABOUT ANY OF THESE CHARACTERS.

Also, John Marston (protagonist), i hate to break it to you fanbois, hes a faggot. Hes not a fucking badass at all. Hes a giant gaping pussy. All he does all game is bitch. In fact, there is a quest line, where literally he did nothing but say 'if we dont do what i want now im gonna put a bullet in your skull'. COOL, i thought, until he doesn't. In fact, he says it throughout the game. AND DOESNT DO SHIT. He does WHATEVER the NPCs want him to. Do you have a choice in this? No. Because your a fanboi pussy, and whatever Rockstar wants, you do.

IGN: "A powerful story and remarkable characters. Tons of depth, but it doesn't quite have the perfect polish that most Rockstar games exhibit: 9.5". POWERFUL? You call this powerful? I DON'T GIVE a TEASPOON of my own SHIT to this story. DEPTH? ahh... fuck it.

To Sum up, Red Dead Redemption sucks ass. Its a shame too. It looked like it could have been a really great game. But once again i've been fooled by clever marketing. Notice the IGN homepage background. Yeah, IGN's review has been paid for.

3/10 My verdict: NOT WORTH YOUR FUCKING TIME"

BigG
I finished Contra as a kid with the lives cheat. SMB 3 still one of the greatest games I've ever played. What you know about THESE games!

Warlord
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 25 2010, 08:03 AM) *
Warlord, none of those can hold a candle to the mighty Streets of Rage

Streets of Rage can't touch Double Dragon. Nothing like cutting a dude with a broken coke bottle before grabbing him by the hair and throwing him off the rooftop of a tall building.

Big rock guys exploding out of cliff walls and a final machine-gun wielding boss is just icing on the cake for an impossibly hard game.

Warlord
Warlord

Epic.

That's right, honey.

Warlord
Warlord
I always thought the Friday the 13th game was pretty sweet too. Especially the game over screen. The counter showing how many kids are being killed while your slow-as-fuck character runs to the cabin to try and save them was fucking sweet too.

Fitz
QUOTE (Warlord @ Aug 27 2010, 06:54 PM) *
Streets of Rage can't touch Double Dragon. Nothing like cutting a dude with a broken coke bottle before grabbing him by the hair and throwing him off the rooftop of a tall building.

Big rock guys exploding out of cliff walls and a final machine-gun wielding boss is just icing on the cake for an impossibly hard game.

Double Dragon II was mint. That was still one of the most enjoyable games I played and I loved how I was able to play with my brother at the same time and work as a team, lol. We finished that game a few times.
Never played much of the other double dragons as well.

Oh and BigG, I loved bomber man and ice climber as well. These were my favourite games on nes.

• Super Mario 1,2 and 3
  • Punch Out
  • Double Dragon II
  • Wizard and Warriors
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (never finished that game, so hard)
  • Goonies II (another game I never finished)
  • Mega Man
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 27 2010, 07:03 AM) *
Double Dragon II was mint. That was still one of the most enjoyable games I played and I loved how I was able to play with my brother at the same time and work as a team, lol. We finished that game a few times.
Never played much of the other double dragons as well.

Oh and BigG, I loved bomber man and ice climber as well. These were my favourite games on nes.

• Super Mario 1,2 and 3
  • Punch Out
  • Double Dragon II
  • Wizard and Warriors
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (never finished that game, so hard)
  • Goonies II (another game I never finished)
  • Mega Man

I never finished the original TMNT either, that shit was retarded hard. It was such a cool ass game though.

I used to really like a game called NARC also, it was tits.
Fitz
Yeah tell me about it, but I loved that game. It goes for about 7 minutes, but saw it years ago, but the 'the angry video game nerd' made a video on the game and how ridiculous it was.

Snoop

The CEO
I've been playing Super Street Fighter IV here and there...it's excellent.

Those Ultra Combos will get you out your seat...lol
Fitz
Who was into Mortal Kombat and looking forward to this one?

Also it will be an old school 2D game and if you liked the originals, it's characters based on MK1-3. Here is a bit on it:

"Raiden is about to be killed by Shao Kahn, and just before he delivers the last blow, he [Raiden] sends a mental message to his earlier self, so the camera rewinds back to Mortal Kombat 1. The Raiden from back then gets a message and he doesn't know what's going on, but he knows something bad's going to happen, and the game spans Mortal Kombat 1, 2, and 3, retelling the story with an enlightened Raiden, and he's changing the course of things, so everything you've seen happen before Liu Kang winning, the guys turning into cybernetic ninjas, are changed around, so you might see a character become cybernetic who wasn't before, and so you see a different version [of events]."
Snoop
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 28 2010, 01:28 AM) *
Who was into Mortal Kombat and looking forward to this one?

Also it will be an old school 2D game and if you liked the originals, it's characters based on MK1-3. Here is a bit on it:

"Raiden is about to be killed by Shao Kahn, and just before he delivers the last blow, he [Raiden] sends a mental message to his earlier self, so the camera rewinds back to Mortal Kombat 1. The Raiden from back then gets a message and he doesn't know what's going on, but he knows something bad's going to happen, and the game spans Mortal Kombat 1, 2, and 3, retelling the story with an enlightened Raiden, and he's changing the course of things, so everything you've seen happen before Liu Kang winning, the guys turning into cybernetic ninjas, are changed around, so you might see a character become cybernetic who wasn't before, and so you see a different version [of events]."

MK 9? When did 5,6,7 and 8 come out?
Fitz
I think Mortal Kombat 8 was "Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe (never played it).

Then 5, 6 and 7 were on PS2 and XBox. I think Deadly Alliance, Deception and Armageddon. I played those games, those ones weren't too bad. This one coming out looks good though.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 28 2010, 02:30 AM) *
I think Mortal Kombat 8 was "Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe (never played it).

Then 5, 6 and 7 were on PS2 and XBox. I think Deadly Alliance, Deception and Armageddon. I played those games, those ones weren't too bad. This one coming out looks good though.

Me and my 6 year old play this sometimes. He is a cheap player, he always uses the same guy and same moves every time and kills me. laugh.gif
Fitz
I always wanted to play that game, but never got around to it when it came out.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (Snoop @ Aug 27 2010, 03:50 PM) *

Did they have the Mutant League cartoon down under also?
BigG
Old school PC games:

Doom
Doom II
Day Of The Tentacle
4D Boxing
Kings Quest
Method
Doom was NEW SCHOOL compared to some of the shit I cut my teeth on. Shit.
The CEO
lol...we old now, Meth...
Warlord
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 28 2010, 09:36 PM) *
Doom was NEW SCHOOL compared to some of the shit I cut my teeth on. Shit.

Beat me to the punch, lol. Fucking Doom?

I'm talking fucking Lode Runnder, Pirates!, Police Quest and fucking Choplifter on the Commodore 64, and we got guys tossing out some fucking Doom? laugh.gif
Snoop
DOOM as new school? Damn, how old are some of you guys? laugh.gif
Warlord
QUOTE (Snoop @ Aug 29 2010, 12:03 AM) *
DOOM as new school? Damn, how old are some of you guys? laugh.gif

Younger than most cats here, I would wager, but I was sporting a massive I.Q. at a young age and was booting up computer drives while most kids were still shitting in the bathtub.

My childhood actually strattled two decades, the 80's and the 90's. I saw the best and worst from both. Literally. But both those decades were light years beyond this one in a ton of ways.

I remember when the year 2000 was supposed to be the year of flying cars, telepathy, and fucking teleportation. Instead it's fucking Brittney Spears and Justin Bieber. And that gay Twilight shit.

BG, fuck yo' generation, bitch!
Snoop
QUOTE (Warlord @ Aug 29 2010, 09:09 AM) *
Younger than most cats here, I would wager, but I was sporting a massive I.Q. at a young age and was booting up computer drives while most kids were still shitting in the bathtub.

My childhood actually strattled two decades, the 80's and the 90's. I saw the best and worst from both. Literally. But both those decades were light years beyond this one in a ton of ways.

I remember when the year 2000 was supposed to be the year of flying cars, telepathy, and fucking teleportation. Instead it's fucking Brittney Spears and Justin Bieber. And that gay Twilight shit.

BG, fuck yo' generation, bitch!

Well shit. I was born in the 80's and DOOM II came out when I was about 10, so it's considered old school for me. But shit, the 2000's was probably the biggest pop culture disappointment. Now it's just getting worse and worse, or I'm just getting older...
BigG
How can Doom, a 1994 game not be old school when it revolutionized FPS gaming together with Wolfenstein 3D!?
JD

SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (JD @ Aug 29 2010, 09:06 AM) *

Try Pong, with only vertical function. Go ahead, try and get older school than that.
Method
WARLORD, if you only KNEW how many all-nighter's I pulled Playing the ORIGINAL Sid Meyer's Pirates.

For me, quite possibly the greatest game of all time.

As an aside, I was taking apart Coleco Vision consoles/controllers w butter knives and fixing hem pre-teen. I had Odyssey, but my old man was the one that showed me how to fck w that stuff when buttons were stuck, not working, etc.

Shit, 8 years ago on the trading desk I took apart my laptop w my leatherman and replaced the motherboard in front of everyone. Nobody touches laptop repairs.

Doom was DEFINITELY avant garde, but DEFINITELY NOT "Old School".

rusty_trombone
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 31 2010, 10:48 AM) *
WARLORD, if you only KNEW how many all-nighter's I pulled Playing the ORIGINAL Sid Meyer's Pirates.

For me, quite possibly the greatest game of all time.

As an aside, I was taking apart Coleco Vision consoles/controllers w butter knives and fixing hem pre-teen. I had Odyssey, but my old man was the one that showed me how to fck w that stuff when buttons were stuck, not working, etc.

Shit, 8 years ago on the trading desk I took apart my laptop w my leatherman and replaced the motherboard in front of everyone. Nobody touches laptop repairs.

Doom was DEFINITELY avant garde, but DEFINITELY NOT "Old School".

Meth, wtf is a leatherman? it sounds like some shit from a fetish movie.
lloyd mayflower
Love the old school shit, but have any of you had a go at Mafia 2 yet? Cant say I played the first one, but a mafia game appeals to me, controlling the head Spyder, manipulating all your underling Spyders etc
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.