Full Version: Mayweather Promotions Evicted From Their Vegas Office
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Method
Boxingscene.com...

Mayweather Promotions Evicted From Their Vegas Office
Posted by: Mark Vester on 07-31-2010

By Mark Vester

According to a report in the New York Post, Mayweather Promotions, the promotional company of Floyd Mayweather Jr., has been evicted from their Las Vegas office for being behind on several months rent. Mayweather Promotions employees were given notice, packed up their things and the landlord locked the doors.

The landlord has filed a lawsuit in a Las Vegas district court, stating that Mayweather is five months behind on rent and owes more than $63,000.
rusty_trombone
money may aint got to pay no rent son.
PR316
Not shocked at all.

At the rate Floyd's going, he's gonna have to fight a few more years because he seems to blow his money in the blink of an eye.
AussieLad
If he doesnt pay his taxes, why should he have to pay rent... LOL

Everyone is out to get Floyd. That landlord is on the A side meth
Rivado
fukking clowns lol
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Aug 1 2010, 11:07 AM) *
Everyone is out to get Floyd. That landlord is on the A side meth

LOL. I wish that was Mayweather being evicted from his house after it gets repossessed.
JLUVBABY
from what i read on another site mayweather promotions didnt pay the agrred upon rent on the building at the time of the eviction citing substandard conditions to the office...

mayweather promotion eviction..
Run and Gun Game Calls
lol I bet the building was on steroids, maybe the mayweathers should demand a test before they pay their rent, then find another way to back out of the lease once the test is agreed to
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
What exactly does 'Mayweather Promotions' promote? Certainly not boxing events.
Method
They promote Kool-Aid.

Keith

How can an imaginary promoter get evicted from an office?
JD
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Jul 31 2010, 09:09 PM) *
from what i read on another site mayweather promotions didnt pay the agrred upon rent on the building at the time of the eviction citing substandard conditions to the office...

mayweather promotion eviction..

LOL...isn't that the canned eviction excuse?

"That shit was substandard!"
rusty_trombone
QUOTE (JD @ Aug 1 2010, 09:04 AM) *

yo, you better fix my furnace super.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (JD @ Aug 1 2010, 08:04 AM) *

hey i was thinking the same thing... you'd think paying 10 k plus a month for an office it would/should be a pretty bad ass place... theyve been there for 2 years... i dont know what ever lil floyd does with his money he'd better slow his roll.. he fucks off way too much money...
PR316
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Jul 31 2010, 11:37 PM) *
lol I bet the building was on steroids maybe the mayweathers should demand a test before they pay their rent, then find another way to back out of the lease once the test is agreed to

laugh.gif jester.gif

Then he can respond to the landlord saying "You don't shit about rent paying"
JD
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Aug 1 2010, 10:27 AM) *
hey i was thinking the same thing... you'd think paying 10 k plus a month for an office it would/should be a pretty bad ass place... theyve been there for 2 years... i dont know what ever lil floyd does with his money he'd better slow his roll.. he fucks off way too much money...

Yeah he should. Dude came back because he blew through all that DLH / Hatton cash in a year, now he is on the same path.
darroy
QUOTE (JD @ Aug 1 2010, 09:35 AM) *
Yeah he should. Dude came back because he blew through all that DLH / Hatton cash in a year, now he is on the same path.

u r right floyd is on the same path. i can't stand floyd myself but it's almost sad that this guy with all the money he's made has had such issues. and while a genius in the ring i think he's very idiotic outside of the ring which explains some of his antics and comments on the 24/7 series. this isn't a case where he has people ripping him off ala mike tyson floyd's just too foolish with his cake.
PR316
Money changes everyone they say. Some people for the worst.

The thing is I believe Floyd doesn't want to fight anymore but he has to because he keeps spending his money on stupid shit, plus all the IRS issues.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Jul 31 2010, 07:06 PM) *
LOL. I wish that was Mayweather being evicted from his house after it gets repossessed.

you are a walking contradiction, my friend. lol
Warlord
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Jul 31 2010, 10:37 PM) *
lol I bet the building was on steroids, maybe the mayweathers should demand a test before they pay their rent, then find another way to back out of the lease once the test is agreed to

laugh.gif
D-MARV
LMAO... Considering that Floyd is in the middle of buying a million dollar home in Miami, I'm sure he's not "tripping" off of his Vegas Office.

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Aug 2 2010, 12:46 AM) *
LMAO... Considering that Floyd is in the middle of buying a million dollar home in Miami, I'm sure he's not "tripping" off of his Vegas Office.

Wow, so Floyd's been reduced to buying a million dollar home? If that's the case I definately think he's short of cash.
lloyd mayflower
Not sure of house prices in Miami, but a million dollar home, around 650,000 is a big house, maybe 5 bedroom in a good/slightly upmarket area over here. Its certainly not a mansion. I'm sure Ollie was being sarcastic, but i'm not. As far as i'm concerned, $1,000,000 home aint shit for someone who throws notes at the tv camera and refers to himself as "Money"
D-MARV
LOL... I think I read that the actual price was 4 million dollars. I didn't mean "1" million.

But whatever... Floyd was 3rd highest paid athlete over the last year so I'm sure the Vegas Office is no big deal to him. I do think it's kind of funny though.

And YES, Floyd blows through his money like no other and he will likely end up broke after he's done with boxing.
HaydelHammer
I think evander has floyd beat....didn't he have a trillion dollar house or some sh*t lol......90 bedrooms or something crazy like that?

Method
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 2 2010, 06:52 AM) *
Not sure of house prices in Miami, but a million dollar home, around 650,000 is a big house, maybe 5 bedroom in a good/slightly upmarket area over here. Its certainly not a mansion. I'm sure Ollie was being sarcastic, but i'm not. As far as i'm concerned, $1,000,000 home aint shit for someone who throws notes at the tv camera and refers to himself as "Money"

Not in Miami.
Spyder
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Aug 2 2010, 10:22 AM) *
LOL... I think I read that the actual price was 4 million dollars. I didn't mean "1" million.

But whatever... Floyd was 3rd highest paid athlete over the last year so I'm sure the Vegas Office is no big deal to him. I do think it's kind of funny though.

laugh.gif

Damn DMARV, you got it DEEP for Money May...lol...what's the point of defending/downplaying an eviction? It's like you put yourself into this role of defending everything Mayweather, so now your job description has no boundaries.

ie...It's been reported that Floyd is a premature ejaculator. DMARV..."So what if Floyd ejaculates early? He got himself off, he don't need to be concerned with getting his ho off too. Besides, Floyd meant to ejaculate early. He's got a lot of ho's to lay the pipe to, he can't waste his time waiting on one bitch to get off...you guys WISH you could jizz as fast as Floyd!"
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Aug 2 2010, 12:58 PM) *
I think evander has floyd beat....didn't he have a trillion dollar house or some sh*t lol......90 bedrooms or something crazy like that?

Holy's house is huge, but its outside of Atlanta. 5min walk from the hood. Literally about 2miles from where Vernon Forest was killed. Miami is a different city. I imagine the attraction of the beach would make it much more appealing. On the flip side, a 4million dollar house in Miami probably isn't that big. Probably paying more for the location then the size.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (Spyder @ Aug 2 2010, 12:31 PM) *
laugh.gif

Damn DMARV, you got it DEEP for Money May...lol...what's the point of defending/downplaying an eviction? It's like you put yourself into this role of defending everything Mayweather, so now your job description has no boundaries.

ie...It's been reported that Floyd is a premature ejaculator. DMARV..."So what if Floyd ejaculates early? He got himself off, he don't need to be concerned with getting his ho off too. Besides, Floyd meant to ejaculate early. He's got a lot of ho's to lay the pipe to, he can't waste his time waiting on one bitch to get off...you guys WISH you could jizz as fast as Floyd!"

LOL!

I'm afraid for Dmarv, he had shown signs of being a Mayweather sympathizer and then backed off a bit when called out on it but now he is making a comeback.
JD
QUOTE (Spyder @ Aug 2 2010, 01:31 PM) *

LOL...
D-MARV
LMAO...

How boring would this place be if everybody just shitted on Floyd?
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Aug 2 2010, 05:16 PM) *
LMAO...

How boring would this place be if everybody just shitted on Floyd?

On the contrary, I think it would be the best boxing discussion site in the world.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 2 2010, 05:18 PM) *
On the contrary, I think it would be the best boxing discussion site in the world.

No sir, it would be philboxing.com.

Seriously though, I've decided to stay away from all Pacquiao-Mayweather discussions until there is a fight in place. Both fighters have Cinderella issues and it's fucking up the sport I love.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Aug 2 2010, 05:26 PM) *
No sir, it would be philboxing.com.

Seriously though, I've decided to stay away from all Pacquiao-Mayweather discussions until there is a fight in place. Both fighters have Cinderella issues and it's fucking up the sport I love.

Did you mean to say "It's fucking up the boxer I love"?
D-MARV
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 2 2010, 05:48 PM) *
Did you mean to say "It's fucking up the boxer I love"?

No man-love for either fighter... Floyd is annoying and Manny is a Juicer AND both of those fighters are bitches when it comes to negotiations.

Snoop
LMAO at the comments above, but this board does slightly lean pro-Pacquiao, and throws around Floyd nuthugger accusations quite easily.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Snoop @ Aug 2 2010, 06:14 PM) *
LMAO at the comments above, but this board does slightly lean pro-Pacquiao, and throws around Floyd nuthugger accusations quite easily.

Exactly. I admit I have gone overboard lately ONLY because the hate for Floyd has grown.

Every negative thing Floyd has done seems to get it's own thread...LOL.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Aug 2 2010, 06:20 PM) *
Every negative thing Floyd has done seems to get it's own thread...LOL.

This I can agree with. It is absolutely ridiculous all the negative threads Floyd gets. We should just have one miscellaneous thread for all of Floyd's outside personal happenings.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Aug 2 2010, 01:39 PM) *
Holy's house is huge, but its outside of Atlanta. 5min walk from the hood. Literally about 2miles from where Vernon Forest was killed. Miami is a different city. I imagine the attraction of the beach would make it much more appealing. On the flip side, a 4million dollar house in Miami probably isn't that big. Probably paying more for the location then the size.

yes they get murdered on the property tax down here.

Those fools on millionaire row down here...if you don't have some serious residual income coming in from royalties or something...you pretty much will go broke from the taxes alone.
Spyder
QUOTE (Snoop @ Aug 2 2010, 06:14 PM) *

WRONG!

From what I remember, the Floyd Fans had their own little Pacman hate vehicle, but anytime someone tries to start a Floyd Hate Wagon around here, that shit never takes off.

laugh.gif

We're critical of those that need to be criticized. It just so happens that Floyd has OWNED that shit recently...
D-MARV
QUOTE (Spyder @ Aug 2 2010, 09:43 PM) *
WRONG!

From what I remember, the Floyd Fans had their own little Pacman hate vehicle, but anytime someone tries to start a Floyd Hate Wagon around here, that shit never takes off.

laugh.gif

We're critical of those that need to be criticized. It just so happens that Floyd has OWNED that shit recently...

WRONG!

Actually the Pacman Hate vehicle was invented by someone who is NOT a Floyd fan.

And I do remember seeing a Mayweather Hate Wagon though I forgot who started it. Anyways, a lot of the Floyd hatred has been ignited by Floyd himself so it's all funny at the end of the day.
JD
QUOTE (Spyder @ Aug 2 2010, 09:43 PM) *
WRONG!

laugh.gif

LOL...pretty much. Plus, there aren't many Pacmaniacs left around here.
Spyder
Torvix was the last of a dying breed.

I wonder if the Floyd Fanboys know how much they resemble this guy...

Snoop
QUOTE (Spyder @ Aug 3 2010, 01:43 AM) *
WRONG!

laugh.gif

LMAO. You're inability to distinguish an anti-Pac fan from a Floyd fan just shows how much you have Pacquiao's nuts down your throat.

Plus, there aren't many Pacmaniacs left around here.

Not claiming people here are Pacmaniacs, just that most posters seem more lenient on Pac's actions when him and his team are pulling damn near the same hypocritical BS that Mayweather does.
Snoop
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 3 2010, 05:10 AM) *
What about news content here? Don't read every single bit, but do you think it's pro Pacquiao and anti Mayweather? I think content seems opposite

It's no secret that Hype is a Mayweather defender, but quite honestly, it's hard to argue any of his points. I mean I've read through all of the negotiations page and I haven't really seen anyone that could.

I definitely think the overall media is more on Pacquiao's side so maybe the pro-Mayweather content is just a reaction to present the other side, just like maybe the community board's slight (again, it's very slight, but it's there) pro-Pacquiao vibe is a reaction to the site's content.

Don't get me wrong, some posters call it straight down the middle, but DMarv's right in saying that damn near every gossip tabloid headline piece of news involving Floyd's name gets its own separate thread here. I guess he's just played up the villain persona pretty damn well.
JD
QUOTE (Snoop @ Aug 2 2010, 11:37 PM) *
Not claiming people here are Pacmaniacs, just that most posters seem more lenient on Pac's actions when him and his team are pulling damn near the same hypocritical BS that Mayweather does.

Ross Greenburg would disagree with that statement.

As I said from the very beginning, both sides are at fault for the fight not happening, but this denying negotiations shit is ridiculous, unless of course, Yessir-be was legitimately in the dark here on any conversations that took place...which I guess is quite possible. I thought it was pretty clear that the two people who didn't want this fight to happen were Arum and Mayweather; Arum because he makes more money, and Floyd because he no longer needs money. In the end, I think there is probably one guy in boxing who cares less about the fans than Bob Arum, and that's Floyd...and if you wanted to tell me you that I should flip-flop Arum and Floyd, I don't think I would argue.
Snoop
QUOTE (JD @ Aug 3 2010, 01:00 PM) *
Ross Greenburg would disagree with that statement.

As I said from the very beginning, both sides are at fault for the fight not happening, but this denying negotiations shit is ridiculous, unless of course, Yessir-be was legitimately in the dark here on any conversations that took place...which I guess is quite possible. I thought it was pretty clear that the two people who didn't want this fight to happen were Arum and Mayweather; Arum because he makes more money, and Floyd because he no longer needs money. In the end, I think there is probably one guy in boxing who cares less about the fans than Bob Arum, and that's Floyd...and if you wanted to tell me you that I should flip-flop Arum and Floyd, I don't think I would argue.

I'm not saying Mayweather doesn't do dumb shit, because that whole "negotiations never happened" ploy was pretty dumb, but I just feel more people in the general public rip on him for things like that when Team Pacquiao has done some stupid things as well. Again, some posters call it straight down the middle, (I'd include you in that list), but the overall vibe I get off this board is more leniency towards Pac and anyone who tries to scale back the Floyd bashing is a "nuthugger".
PR316
I used to feel both sides were at fault, but to me its now clear that it was Mayweather all along.

He's the one that doesn't wanna fight. He's the one that has made excuse after excuse. Pacquiao has been ready the whole time for whenever Floyd decides he wants to fight.

He's now even agreed to all of Mayweather's terms and Floyd's excuse now is "I'm not thinking about boxing right now, I just want to relax"

Translation- "Fuck boxing and fuck all the fans and media because I'm Money Mayweather everything I do is right".

Need not remind that boxing is what made him. Not to also mention that the very same media and fans whom he expects to cover and buy his next NON-Pacquiao pay per view, are the ones he's really fucking in the ass here.

That whole "I wanna clean up boxing" thing was a ploy. It was nothing more than an escape route to avoid getting in the ring with Pacquiao.
JD
QUOTE (Snoop @ Aug 3 2010, 12:19 PM) *
I'm not saying Mayweather doesn't do dumb shit, because that whole "negotiations never happened" ploy was pretty dumb, but I just feel more people in the general public rip on him for things like that when Team Pacquiao has done some stupid things as well. Again, some posters call it straight down the middle, (I'd include you in that list), but the overall vibe I get off this board is more leniency towards Pac and anyone who tries to scale back the Floyd bashing is a "nuthugger".

He probably gets more leniency because many just feel as though Floyd is not likable, and in turn, are tired of his rhetoric while not really wanting to make the fights people want to see. Demeanor has a lot to do with how people react. Plus, Pacquiao actually is fighting and he isn't taking a prolonged / undefined break after just coming back from retiring.

As far as the PR war goes, Team Mayweather was like a bunch of kids trying to play around with a grown man in Arum...and he took them to school. Hence the fallout we are seeing. Add to it Team Mayweather's reaction and the damage control after Floyd said he just was not interested in boxing - and that's where we are now. The denial of any sort of negotiations combined with Greenburg, who in fact was the middle man and has had plenty of issues with Arum in the past, coming out and confirming what Arum said was a bad look for them...especially Ellerbe who jumped on the grenade.
Snoop
QUOTE (PR316 @ Aug 3 2010, 04:25 PM) *
I used to feel both sides were at fault, but to me its now clear that it was Mayweather all along.

He's the one that doesn't wanna fight. He's the one that has made excuse after excuse. Pacquiao has been ready the whole time for whenever Floyd decides he wants to fight.

He's now even agreed to all of Mayweather's terms and Floyd's excuse now is "I'm not thinking about boxing right now, I just want to relax"

Translation- "Fuck boxing and fuck all the fans and media because I'm Money Mayweather everything I do is right".

Need not remind that boxing is what made him. Not to also mention that the very same media and fans whom he expects to cover and buy his next NON-Pacquiao pay per view, are the ones he's really fucking in the ass here.

That whole "I wanna clean up boxing" thing was a ploy. It was nothing more than an escape route to avoid getting in the ring with Pacquiao.

Well we'll never know if that's true since Pacquiao never agreed to testing up to the date of the fight.

I'm past arguing which side was justified with which demands, but I will say that Pacquiao was not "ready the whole time" when he was holding firm on the 14-day cut off.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.