Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PIROG AT 160 IS GOING TO RULE
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
neophyte7
KO'd Daniel Jacobs brutally---What i saw in skill, athleticism, defense, and power... he is the most complete middleweight in the world. He thrashes Paul Williams or Sergio Martinez

Aware
Add chin to that list too.
Method
Settle down. It was one fight.
SENTRAL
I was never truly sold on Jacobs so I'm especially delighted to see how Pirog buried his myth. A likeable man but never going to be of championship class. I singled out Pirog in my David Lemieux thread as the next best thing and although I'm not back tracking I have definitely become a fan of this russian terror. His power is obvious but its his beautiful balance and movement, especially upper body is old school. He is moving along fast and has boxed far more experienced fighters than himself. He is going to be a world champion in 2011.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Jul 31 2010, 10:33 PM) *
KO'd Daniel Jacobs brutally---What i saw in skill, athleticism, defense, and power... he is the most complete middleweight in the world. He thrashes Paul Williams or Sergio Martinez

i have to say i agree with method on this one... that was just one fight and you could just see very early in that fight that it was just a matter of time before pirog ended that... i wouldnt say he would thrash either of these two fighters just now but i will say we need to see him again against a good highly touted up and comer or a good solid contender.. he looks like he could really be the business though....
JD
Man...we can get ahead of ourselves as fight fans. Pirog is solid, no question...but settle down.

Sergio Martinez is an entirely different puzzle than the over-hyped Daniel Jacobs was. I will take Maravilla over Pirog pretty confidently.
The CEO
Pirog is above average to me as of right now...he traveled to enemy territory and knocked a motherfucker out...but it must be said that it was an immature, insecure motherfucker.

He deserves some props though...it was a sweet KO.
Hittman25
pirog is good but idk if he ccould beat sergio...that would be a great fight but first i wanna see paul williams and sergio fight before nething pirog needs more fights under his belt before he goes for a real big name.....and the nerve of jacobs blaming the lost on his grandmothers passing cmon man thats fucked up its ur fault u got koed
Maxy
Pirog looks good. Deceptively good. The KO was sweet but you have to wonder if GBP did their homework prior to the fight.

Just been looking at his record on Box rec and it's obvious he is going places. 4th fight he beats the 25-5 Russian middleweight champion Sergey Tatevosyan, 10th fight he beats an 18-2 guy in 2 rounds, 14th fight he shuts out the way more experienced Kofi Jantuah. Then he goes and wrecks Jacobs in his 17th bout. He's got good skills, hits hard, moves his feet well and appears to be pretty sturdy as well.

I look forward to his next fight.
Seek
As a boxing fan, Pirog is something to get excited about. Maybe not so much to go as far as matching him up against Martinez quite yet. But with some solid wins under his belt and that fight would be mouth watering.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Maxy @ Aug 1 2010, 12:10 PM) *
Pirog looks good. Deceptively good. The KO was sweet but you have to wonder if GBP did their homework prior to the fight.

Just been looking at his record on Box rec and it's obvious he is going places. 4th fight he beats the 25-5 Russian middleweight champion Sergey Tatevosyan, 10th fight he beats an 18-2 guy in 2 rounds, 14th fight he shuts out the way more experienced Kofi Jantuah. Then he goes and wrecks Jacobs in his 17th bout. He's got good skills, hits hard, moves his feet well and appears to be pretty sturdy as well.

I look forward to his next fight.

Skills override experience
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Aug 1 2010, 04:41 PM) *
Skills override experience

very true blaze...
D-MARV
Pirog better take a few more fights before stepping in with Martinez or Williams... LOL. He MAY be good ONE DAY.
King Eugene
I was high on Jacob's. Welp I got knocked off that horse. Oh well...

Nasayer, isn't he considered a paper champ?
laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.