Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My last few fights
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (BigG @ Sep 7 2010, 11:42 PM) *
I got some of my fights in video cam and I got a vid of me hitting the double end bag and heavy bag I'll post it as well

BTW Good shit Roll and Lil Light on the videos...

Thanks... And SWEET!!! Look forward to them.
ROLL DEEP
Thanks, G, and yeah....get the vid's up!!!
Spyder
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Sep 7 2010, 06:48 PM) *
Wish I had sparring footage..Especially when I dropped this guy who was like 225(like 25 lbs heavier than me at the time) right on his face..He fell forward on his face with his arms stretched out after he missed a left hook and I threw an overhand right and caught him flush but not full powered..

Tell me about it...

There was this time that a Tyrannosaurus Rex came into the gym and was like, eating shit, and tearing shit up...so everyone else in the gym was scared, but not me. I hit him with this real mean body shot...not a full powered shot mind you, but I caught him flush, and he crumbled to the floor like a little bitch.

laugh.gif

I can laugh about it now because I know that he survived, but at the time I thought I killed him...at least broke a few ribs...I wish I had that one on tape.

I did manage to get a few other sparring sessions on tape that I'll get up later...I know that Eugene will like the soundtrack...lol

Spyder
This was from a LONG day of sparring at the old gym. We used to do a little round robin type of thing once in a while to mix it up...we would go a round, rest a round, go a round, rest a round...this day I remember we were sparring for 3 hours straight! Man, I can't do that anymore. haha

Anyway, I ran out of footage for the song, and I'm too lazy to digitize another DV...lol...so I had to repeat some clips. Enjoy! thumbsup_anim.gif

Lil-lightsout
Thanks for sharing Spyder. Nice to see another member in a little action. How tall are you and around what weight?

Really wish you would have saved that clip with the T-rex. laugh.gif
Spyder
5'9 and back then I stayed at 152...Now? Well, now I drink good beer! lol
BigG
Nice Spyder..

Ima bout to upload a vid me of working the bag from my cellphone...

Lemme just put music in the background laugh.gif
King Eugene
Never would have thought Spyder looked like a softer(in the belly) version of Mike "The Situation" laugh.gif

Good shit though man. You where pretty elusive.
BigG
Ok, heres a video of me doing a heavybag workout. I'm at about 164-165 in this video..just a lazy type Miguel Cotto heavybag workout...check it out..

Lil-lightsout
You got a nice left hook. Looks like you got some nice overall skills, though it was only "lazy type" heavybag workout. LOL.
BigG
Well I'm talking about footwork, moving around the bag. Looks Miguel Cotto type, lazy. laugh.gif
King Eugene
Good shit fellas!
Snoop
QUOTE (BigG @ Sep 9 2010, 06:47 AM) *
Ok, heres a video of me doing a heavybag workout. I'm at about 164-165 in this video..just a lazy type Miguel Cotto heavybag workout...check it out..

I think Miguel Cotto fits perfectly here. But yeah man, you have some good form dude. Love to see a fight vid posted sometime.
BigG
Thanks guys...Yeah, theyre all in the Video cam. I wanna show you all the fights I have, even my last loss where I tried to be Sweet Pea/James Toney laugh.gif But I have no idea how to put video cam files in the computer...so I'll have to get my sister who knows more about that stuff than i do to do upload it when she's free....I'm really working on my right hand..I'm trying to snap it out more from the chest...

I'll try to get footage of me sparring this week just to show you all and you can look at my mistakes and give me tips..
Spyder
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 9 2010, 01:07 AM) *
Never would have thought Spyder looked like a softer(in the belly) version of Mike "The Situation" laugh.gif

Good shit though man. You where pretty elusive.

Oh no he didn't...

laugh.gif

My wife walked by when I was putting that together and made a little comment like, "You were ripped..." LOL...I'm also not in my twenties anymore, Woman!

She's a hater...

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 9 2010, 03:53 AM) *
Sweet video guys. BigG, I liked your jab. It looked kind of unique at times, and had some speed as well. It was a 'lazy' Miguel workout session, lol.

Nice video of Paulie Mal......I mean Spyder, lol. Nah, nice video man.

You son-of-a.....!

laugh.gif
Snoop
QUOTE (Spyder @ Sep 9 2010, 04:59 AM) *
This was from a LONG day of sparring at the old gym. We used to do a little round robin type of thing once in a while to mix it up...we would go a round, rest a round, go a round, rest a round...this day I remember we were sparring for 3 hours straight! Man, I can't do that anymore. haha

Anyway, I ran out of footage for the song, and I'm too lazy to digitize another DV...lol...so I had to repeat some clips. Enjoy! thumbsup_anim.gif

Damn Spyder fights like a slower version of Roy Jones laugh.gif

But you do got some real nice head movement (And I mean that in the least homosexual way).
Mean Mister Mustard
Big G you have good technique and handpseed there. One can tell you've been putting in the work at the gym.

Spyder, you looged ripped in that video and you were pretty elusive and relaxed, but I would have liked to hear what your trainer thought about your stance. You look like Sergio Mora in there (that's not an insult).
Spyder
QUOTE (Snoop @ Sep 9 2010, 11:50 AM) *

But you do got some real nice head movement (And I mean that in the least homosexual way).

You know, it was weird for me...every other sport that I played, I was the smaller, fast guy. Boxing on the otherhand, I was the big and strong one.

It was like stepping into an alternate universe...lol

QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Sep 9 2010, 11:56 AM) *
Big G you have good technique and handpseed there. One can tell you've been putting in the work at the gym.

Spyder, you looged ripped in that video and you were pretty elusive and relaxed, but I would have liked to hear what your trainer thought about your stance. You look like Sergio Mora in there (that's not an insult).

He always told me that my feet were too far apart. He wanted me to fight like Oscar de la Hoya...jab, jab, jab, right hand...but that shit was not fun to me. lol

I liked to get the other guy frustrated so he'd make mistakes. As you probably know, I like to get people riled up.

laugh.gif
Snoop
QUOTE (Spyder @ Sep 9 2010, 07:39 PM) *
I liked to get the other guy frustrated so he'd make mistakes. As you probably know, I like to get people riled up.

laugh.gif

That makes TOTAL sense.

laugh.gif
Snoop
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 10 2010, 03:30 AM) *

Damn we got some muthaf'n fighters on this forum! Nice vid man.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 9 2010, 10:30 PM) *

Looking good Fitz! Very nice short and crisp punches dude, and I like your subtle head movement. Your left hooks are short and sweet. My only critique would be to work your right a little more, I see you definitely favor your left.

Damn...look what Roll has started!!! laugh.gif Who's next?
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Spyder @ Sep 8 2010, 08:28 PM) *
Tell me about it...

There was this time that a Tyrannosaurus Rex came into the gym and was like, eating shit, and tearing shit up...so everyone else in the gym was scared, but not me. I hit him with this real mean body shot...not a full powered shot mind you, but I caught him flush, and he crumbled to the floor like a little bitch.

laugh.gif

I can laugh about it now because I know that he survived, but at the time I thought I killed him...at least broke a few ribs...I wish I had that one on tape.

I did manage to get a few other sparring sessions on tape that I'll get up later...I know that Eugene will like the soundtrack...lol

I actually broke a guys ribs once and he thought it was so crazy he brought in the X-rays to show me ans said "this is what you did"..I felt bad cause I was real cool with him..He was 6'4,200 lbs..He threw a left at me and stepped back leaving the body open and a caught him with a right to the body..Expect some videos soon..Next few days.Promise!!
Spyder
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Sep 9 2010, 11:37 PM) *
I actually broke a guys ribs once and he thought it was so crazy he brought in the X-rays to show me ans said "this is what you did"..I felt bad cause I was real cool with him..He was 6'4,200 lbs..He threw a left at me and stepped back leaving the body open and a caught him with a right to the body..Expect some videos soon..Next few days.Promise!!

This one time in band camp, I hit this dude in the face with a tuba that literally exploded when it landed. Like seriously, his face was littered with shrapnel and shit.

Lucky for him he survived...but if I hit him an inch further to the right, his face would be a permanent Gb.
BigG
Good work Fitz!
Fitz
Thanks biggeorge.
Lil-lightsout
Maybe it's just me, but Fitz you reminded me a lot like Cotto when hitting the bag. Just your whole stance and obviously the way you used your left.

I am going try and get a few clips of me and my brother sparring and hitting heavybag soon.

I look forward to seeing Blaze soon.
BigG
I used to be such a pure boxer but now I fight more in close than ever and I love the left hook to the body-left hook to the head combo..it just feels sooo sweet when you land that. I also copy Whitaker and bed real low when ducking punches lol...
King Eugene
QUOTE (Snoop @ Sep 9 2010, 11:50 AM) *

Mundine?
Fitz
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 10 2010, 02:35 PM) *
Maybe it's just me, but Fitz you reminded me a lot like Cotto when hitting the bag. Just your whole stance and obviously the way you used your left.

I am going try and get a few clips of me and my brother sparring and hitting heavybag soon.

I look forward to seeing Blaze soon.

Thanks man. I have always liked how Tyson and Cotto have punched, so generally with my left, I have tried to keep them nice and short. Sometimes I even take a bit of Mayweather, I like to use my arms/elbows on the inside to push away, also when I am defending, I also use the philly shell defence a bit, lol. I don't know about the rest of you, but sometimes when there is a certain thing I like that a fighter does, I try to mimic it when I am trying the same thing. Something's feel comfortable and others don't, kind of trial and error. I find things that feel comfortable and after a while it may just come naturally.
Vic Darchinyan is very awkward, but he has this one punch that I love and I been trying it a bit more. He usually doubles up on the jab as he is coming in and then throws a long range uppercut (his left, my right as I am not southpaw) that comes from a whipping/semi-bolo punch movement, lol. He throws it up or downstairs.
So it's probably why you saw similarities with Cotto, as I have tried to do some things he does.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Spyder @ Sep 9 2010, 10:59 PM) *
This one time in band camp, I hit this dude in the face with a tuba that literally exploded when it landed. Like seriously, his face was littered with shrapnel and shit.

Lucky for him he survived...but if I hit him an inch further to the right, his face would be a permanent Gb.

Guess you're a weak puncher then..I'm not..Fitz,what's your e-mail..
Fitz
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Sep 10 2010, 05:22 PM) *

Wait, what the hell is going on? It took me about 2 minutes to keep reading this to realise what's going on. You are just asking for my email address, yes? lol.
King Eugene
Good shit Fitz! Short crisp shots. A lot of body work. Anybody sparring I recommend you circle left and keep your right elbow tucked. laugh.gif

I asked my coach yesterday could I record some of my drill work and sparring sessions so I could actually see the things he's telling me I need to correct. He said sure but..................I cant post any of the footage online. Mainly because when I do compete he doesn't want my potential opponents to have any film on me or anyone else in the gym for that matter. Then he proceeds to request me as a friend on facebook to make sure I'm not posting any vids.

I'll find a loop hole though.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 10 2010, 04:09 AM) *
Wait, what the hell is going on? It took me about 2 minutes to keep reading this to realise what's going on. You are just asking for my email address, yes? lol.

Yes.PM me..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Fitz @ Sep 9 2010, 09:30 PM) *

Nice shit..I like your technique on your punches..Short and sharp..Your jab is very nice and is similar to mine..The way you throw makes your punches harder to see and faster since they are very straight..I'm definitely impressed..How long had you been training or boxing??
Fitz
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Sep 10 2010, 07:57 PM) *
Nice shit..I like your technique on your punches..Short and sharp..Your jab is very nice and is similar to mine..The way you throw makes your punches harder to see and faster since they are very straight..I'm definitely impressed..How long had you been training or boxing??

Thanks Jonny, good coming from you considering how down the line you are with technique, lol. I probably been boxing on and off for about 6 years. Never trained to fight though. I basically learned from one trainer who I liked and the rest, I learn from basically just watching.
Will PM you in a bit.
Spyder
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 10 2010, 01:52 AM) *
Mundine?

Asshole. fuck.gif

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Sep 10 2010, 03:22 AM) *

And then this one time, I was supposed to spar this BIG dude, but I got scared when I saw a video of him and didn't spar again for 2 years...

laugh.gif
ROLL DEEP
Fitz, my man!!!

Lookin' good, bro! It's great to see that some of the guys on here actually CAN throw a decent punch and understand what goes into a fighter make up.

You look good on there man. Not too sure about the Aussie coloured bag, but apart from that, you look nice and precise with your shots...not a lot of movement is wasted.

Nice vid.

Think I might start a bit of training log to put on here too. Bits of me running, pad work, weights and stuff. Be good to catch other people doing it too!

Fitz
Thanks Roll, you started all of this, lol

drinks.gif
Lil-lightsout
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/8221543/21845514

These are some old clips of me hitting a heavybag in my parents garage(was not real polished at the time) At the end is a little bit of me and my brother sparring.

Spyder
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 10 2010, 09:26 PM) *
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/8221543/21845514

These are some old clips of me hitting a heavybag in my parents garage(was not real polished at the time) At the end is a little bit of me and my brother sparring.

I loved those old Ringside gloves...they'd last forever, and punching with them felt really good.
Snoop
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Sep 10 2010, 04:54 PM) *
Fitz, my man!!!

Lookin' good, bro! It's great to see that some of the guys on here actually CAN throw a decent punch and understand what goes into a fighter make up.

That's probably why this is the best boxing forum on the net. We actually have some empathy behind what fighters need to endure.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (Snoop @ Sep 11 2010, 01:05 PM) *
That's probably why this is the best boxing forum on the net. We actually have some empathy behind what fighters need to endure.

Exactly!
JonnysTrainer
Here is young Jonathon at work, showing some basic foot movement and the speedball.

http://sharing.theflip.com/session/49d5274.../video/18244011

http://sharing.theflip.com/session/00df23e.../video/18244129

He is working on that beard/moustache, hopefully later this yeah, we can turn that bum fluff to stubble. Though looking good Jonathon, you are coming a long well, kid.
King Eugene
LMAO...I finally figured out who's behind JohnnysTrainer
JonnysTrainer
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 14 2010, 06:00 AM) *

Are you right kid? Everyone knows I am Giovanni, young Jonathon's trainer. Don't make me teleport a back hand to you, you seem ok kid.
JonnyBlaze
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Sep 14 2010, 05:00 AM) *

Who do ya think??hahaha..I already know,obviously..Either PM me who or post on thread..Maybe to perserve the fun,PM me..

The foot work is just me showin it,so I'm moving slow..Both videos are about a year old..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JonnysTrainer @ Sep 14 2010, 05:54 AM) *
Here is young Jonathon at work, showing some basic foot movement and the speedball.

http://sharing.theflip.com/session/49d5274.../video/18244011

http://sharing.theflip.com/session/00df23e.../video/18244129

He is working on that beard/moustache, hopefully later this yeah, we can turn that bum fluff to stubble. Though looking good Jonathon, you are coming a long well, kid.

You ain't kidding about basic foot movement, hahaha. So you dropped some dude bigger than you face first, but all you got is some video of your legs tap dancing in front of a wall? laugh.gif
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Sep 14 2010, 07:27 PM) *
You ain't kidding about basic foot movement, hahaha. So you dropped some dude bigger than you face first, but all you got is some video of your legs tap dancing in front of a wall? laugh.gif

You didn't see the speedbag??

All the times I was sparring I never had my camera with me..I don't trust too many people at my gym with my bag sittin around..A lot of random people come in but of course there are a lot of regulars too..The gym is pretty divided..Seems like everyone but me has had shit stolen..I'm wachin my bag like a hawk though when it gets crowded..Either way,I'll get some good stuff one of these days once I get back to the gym..Typing with one had has gotten real annoying..haha..

Dude I dropped was around 5'8,225 lbs..So short but big..He used to be a bodybuilder..I wish I had that on camera real bad..haha..It'll happen again though diablo.gif aggressive.gif wink.gif
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Sep 14 2010, 10:13 PM) *
You didn't see the speedbag??

All the times I was sparring I never had my camera with me..I don't trust too many people at my gym with my bag sittin around..A lot of random people come in but of course there are a lot of regulars too..The gym is pretty divided..Seems like everyone but me has had shit stolen..I'm wachin my bag like a hawk though when it gets crowded..Either way,I'll get some good stuff one of these days once I get back to the gym..Typing with one had has gotten real annoying..haha..

Dude I dropped was around 5'8,225 lbs..So short but big..He used to be a bodybuilder..I wish I had that on camera real bad..haha..It'll happen again though diablo.gif aggressive.gif wink.gif

I was kidding man, I saw the speed bag display.

I wouldn't let a camera sitting around a gym either.

Hope you are healing up, don't forget you could be shadowboxing to stay sharp.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.