Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paul Williams
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
The Original MrFactor
I'm hearing that he's trying to go back down to WW. I wonder who he hopes to fight. Pacquiao, Mosley, Berto, Mayweather won't even look in his direction. Clottey probably would, but who wants to see Clottey ever again. I think Williams has unfinished business with Sergio Martinez. Also hearing about a possible bout with Dzinziruk. For a guy who was so feared, these two fights should be considered a godsend. I would like to think that a rematch with Martinez is his most lucrative option. Hope that HBO isn't lowballing that one. The first one was one of the best fights of the last 5 or so years. Maybe there is some fear in his camp about a 2nd fight with Martinez. Kermit Cintron was tagging Williams at will with hard shots before he pulled a Geronimo. Martinez had him figured out, but Williams won on guts alone. That fight was razor thin. I'd love to see a rematch. Hope his camp is down for a rematch, seeing that beating Martinez would land him the 160 linear title and possibly the most money he can make at this time.
Fitz
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Aug 6 2010, 06:55 AM) *
I'm hearing that he's trying to go back down to WW. I wonder who he hopes to fight. Pacquiao, Mosley, Berto, Mayweather won't even look in his direction. Clottey probably would, but who wants to see Clottey ever again. I think Williams has unfinished business with Sergio Martinez. Also hearing about a possible bout with Dzinziruk. For a guy who was so feared, these two fights should be considered a godsend. I would like to think that a rematch with Martinez is his most lucrative option. Hope that HBO isn't lowballing that one. The first one was one of the best fights of the last 5 or so years. Maybe there is some fear in his camp about a 2nd fight with Martinez. Kermit Cintron was tagging Williams at will with hard shots before he pulled a Geronimo. Martinez had him figured out, but Williams won on guts alone. That fight was razor thin. I'd love to see a rematch. Hope his camp is down for a rematch, seeing that beating Martinez would land him the 160 linear title and possibly the most money he can make at this time.

I'm sick of Williams moving up and down in weight. Pick a weight, build a legacy and a reputation there. People will have to fight you if they want to move through 160. Fights will come.

As for the bolded part. I definitely feel that fight was entertaining though overrated. Martinez was very good and put on a good performance while Williams was poor and put on a frustrating performance. Martinez was just capitalising on Williams mistakes. He was incredibly sloppy.
D-MARV
People have to understand something about PWill. He will fight anybody at any given time or weight! PWill's handlers are the ones that are pissing us off. From what I've heard, PWill was ready and willing to fight Martinez in an immediate rematch. Martinez's people turned down the fight to pursue the Pavlik fight. PWill's handlers were pissed off that they got left out in the rain with NO opponent. After the Pavlik fight, talks of Martinez and Williams began again. Team Williams insist on the bigger share of the pot but Team Martinez wants a 50-50 deal (which is fair).

For some CRAZY reason, PWill's team targeted Pacquiao (LMAO, They will never get Pacquiao). PWill is now left with two options, both whom are stylistic issues for PWill. PWill will likely fight one or the other. Other names that were brought up for PWill were Angulo and Cotto. For obvious reason, the Cotto fight won't happen. Angulo is a potential fight down the line but PWIll will likely have to fight Martinez or Dzinziruk first. HBO holds the cards on PWill's next fight and Martinez is the preference.
tymoney
He got unfinished biz with Martinez so unless he get a fight with Floyd/Pacman (which aint gon happen) i wanna see a rematch. I thought Sergio won the 1st fight.. couple swing rounds here and there so i can see 7-5 Pwill.. but i had it the other way around. And i think the 2nd fight would be a much easier fight for Martinez.. ive never been too impressed with Pwill.
Keith

PWill bores me at this point.

He is constantly whining about not getting the big fights... and then sticks his nose in the air at a Martinez rematch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.