Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pacman mayweather
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BoxingStill#1
Okay so call me crazy.....and I'm sure some may think me opening this thread is a bit pointless...

But are we 1000% sure this fight isn't happening?.....

I mean afterall the margarito fight has yet to be signed and bob did make it clear that untill everything is set in stone money mayweather is the fight he wants.

I'm a firm believer in the power of the media and this all may be a ploy to make us think one thing, to buy time to work out all the kinks.

I mean come on! Toney isn't even liscenced to fight in the states yet.... can we really see the venue being anywhere else?

Maybe I'm just having a hard time comming to grips with reality here......

Can this fight still be made?
gravytrain
Arum went on record saying Mayweather had no intentions of fighting this year. However, I think it'll happen in 2011.
warren
What I love most about Mayweather is the fact that He will not bend to anyone else's rules. Arum has these guys signing crappy contracts to fight pacqiao and they all do it! because they want the money. Mayweather dosent give a damn. he will fight when he is ready and i like to think that everyone knows he is the better fighter by far. The fight wont be this year and i believe for a multitude of reasons. I hear that mayweathers IRS problems are a lot more complex than wat people believe right now. i wouldnt fight if there was a chance that i could lose half of it in FED penalities and back taxes either. once he get it cleared up and he can find room in his bank for another 60 million that fight will be on schedule for next summer, the standard amount of rest typical for the champ is 6 months so after Manny spars margarito that fight will be in the books for may june or july. people think mayweather is scared of Manny and thats so absurd...the guys is the greatest technical fighter of this era and people lose sight of it when their fanhoods get in the way. I cant wait to gloat next year
tymoney
QUOTE (warren @ Aug 6 2010, 01:41 PM) *
What I love most about Mayweather is the fact that He will not bend to anyone else's rules. Arum has these guys signing crappy contracts to fight pacqiao and they all do it! because they want the money. Mayweather dosent give a damn. he will fight when he is ready and i like to think that everyone knows he is the better fighter by far. The fight wont be this year and i believe for a multitude of reasons. I hear that mayweathers IRS problems are a lot more complex than wat people believe right now. i wouldnt fight if there was a chance that i could lose half of it in FED penalities and back taxes either. once he get it cleared up and he can find room in his bank for another 60 million that fight will be on schedule for next summer, the standard amount of rest typical for the champ is 6 months so after Manny spars margarito that fight will be in the books for may june or july. people think mayweather is scared of Manny and thats so absurd...the guys is the greatest technical fighter of this era and people lose sight of it when their fanhoods get in the way. I cant wait to gloat next year

Be careful there buddy. You openly supporting Floyd.. that automatically qualifies for what i like to call blog-crucifixion. Never mind you have an opinion.. you bout to be thrown in the classic "nuthugger" group. Some of these guys up here are the fuckin worst! Lol
gravytrain
QUOTE (warren @ Aug 6 2010, 01:41 PM) *

The IRS will sell your assets if they need money from you and you can't pay, Mayweather's tax problems aren't that complicated. Floyd Sr. said Floyd doesn't want to fight because he'd lose nearly all of his earnings from the Mosley fight, kind of weird considering he'd still earn more money. Regardless, there's nothing wrong with a guy in his position wanting to fight once a year.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Aug 7 2010, 10:27 AM) *
Regardless, there's nothing wrong with a guy in his position wanting to fight once a year.

Actually there is everything wrong with that & that is a great example of why boxing is losing ground to MMA. Fans want to see fighters fight not say Ima count my money & laugh at the fans & not make fights. Sorry that does not cut it at all.
gravytrain
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Aug 6 2010, 09:41 PM) *
Actually there is everything wrong with that & that is a great example of why boxing is losing ground to MMA. Fans want to see fighters fight not say Ima count my money & laugh at the fans & not make fights. Sorry that does not cut it at all.

Why can't he decide to take a eight month break, a break that gives him time to see what the status of his trainer will be?

King Eugene
QUOTE (gravytrain @ Aug 6 2010, 11:10 PM) *
Why can't he decide to take a eight month break, a break that gives him time to see what the status of his trainer will be?

An 8 month break is fine but not after every single fight.

Floyd is becoming the Brett Farve of boxing...
Keith
QUOTE (tymoney @ Aug 6 2010, 08:10 PM) *
Be careful there buddy. You openly supporting Floyd.. that automatically qualifies for what i like to call blog-crucifixion. Never mind you have an opinion.. you bout to be thrown in the classic "nuthugger" group. Some of these guys up here are the fuckin worst! Lol

thumbsdown_anim.gif

WTF dude? You've made 77 posts in 9 months....

YOU DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT FIGHTHYPE!
D-MARV
QUOTE (Keith @ Aug 7 2010, 07:22 AM) *
thumbsdown_anim.gif

WTF dude? You've made 77 posts in 9 months....

YOU DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT FIGHTHYPE!

Actually, he's right!

He just left out the fact that Fighthype is also home of the best boxing posters in the world.
Spyder
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Aug 7 2010, 10:16 AM) *
Actually, he's right!

He just left out the fact that Fighthype is also home of the best boxing posters in the world.

Oh, go cry me a river...lol...you're just mad that your cover has been blown up.

laugh.gif
D-MARV
QUOTE (Spyder @ Aug 7 2010, 10:21 AM) *
Oh, go cry me a river...lol...you're just mad that your cover has been blown up.

laugh.gif

No Tears, No cover was blown up... laugh.gif

I have always stated that I was a fan of Mayweather, I'm just not a nuthugger like you guys like to imply. I have consistently called him out on his "Gay" actions. I just see both sides of the story. Floyd is not the only one on top of the P4P rankings that does some fucked up shit. But for some reason, you're too blind to see that.

There are many closet Manny huggers in this forum. taunt.gif
caneman
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Aug 7 2010, 10:28 AM) *
No Tears, No cover was blown up... laugh.gif

I have always stated that I was a fan of Mayweather, I'm just not a nuthugger like you guys like to imply. I have consistently called him out on his "Gay" actions. I just see both sides of the story. Floyd is not the only one on top of the P4P rankings that does some fucked up shit. But for some reason, you're too blind to see that.

There are many closet Manny huggers in this forum. taunt.gif

I can actually see both sides & can see why PBF has fans. The guy is a great boxer, I just wanna see the metal in his heart. I wanna see the best fight the best without trying to discredit him. I like Pacman more than PBF but that could change somewhat by seeing the 2 guys fight! I mean if this was the old days, the guys would have had to fight to make their $$$, PBF has made a ton of $$$, had fame & is one hellva fighter & could str8 shut me up in every way by saying, Pacman, fuck Margacheato, lets make this fight that the fans that made us rich want! I think it will be fight of the year & maybe the best fight ever seen. I want this fight in Dallas with 100,000 screamer fans & over 3 million PPV buys!
D-MARV
Times have change... If Sugar Ray Robinson fought in this era he would be fighting once or twice a year.
caneman
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Aug 7 2010, 10:55 AM) *
Times have change... If Sugar Ray Robinson fought in this era he would be fighting once or twice a year.

I don't believe what you said as a whole but yes indeed times have changed but SRR, Tiger Flowers, Harry Greb & many others would have fought 4 times a year IMO! Of course I have to face the facts that when they can make millions for 36 minutes of a fight, there is a chance that they'd say fuck that & fight less than they did but those guys were different back then bro...there was truly something different in their hearts then guys today! It was the times in which they lived that made them have to be rougher & tougher than fights & PEOPLE today!
D-MARV
QUOTE (caneman @ Aug 7 2010, 11:03 AM) *
I don't believe what you said as a whole but yes indeed times have changed but SRR, Tiger Flowers, Harry Greb & many others would have fought 4 times a year IMO! Of course I have to face the facts that when they can make millions for 36 minutes of a fight, there is a chance that they'd say fuck that & fight less than they did but those guys were different back then bro...there was truly something different in their hearts then guys today! It was the times in which they lived that made them have to be rougher & tougher than fights & PEOPLE today!

I agree that overall, guys were tougher back then and YES, some guys would have fought four or five times a year (a la Darchinyan) but let's not assume that they would because they are retro fighters. I have read numerous books and articles that stated Sugar ray Robinson was hard to work with and after he became "great" he started acting like a primma donna, His own friends admitted it. As great as Robinson was, I do believe that if he was fighting in this era, he would have falling in line with Mayweather and Pacquiao as far as negotiating fights and only fighting twice a year.
caneman
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Aug 7 2010, 11:10 AM) *
I agree that overall, guys were tougher back then and YES, some guys would have fought four or five times a year (a la Darchinyan) but let's not assume that they would because they are retro fighters. I have read numerous books and articles that stated Sugar ray Robinson was hard to work with and after he became "great" he started acting like a primma donna, His own friends admitted it. As great as Robinson was, I do believe that if he was fighting in this era, he would have falling in line with Mayweather and Pacquiao as far as negotiating fights and only fighting twice a year.

You might be right bro, back then they fought to make money, now they get big money & barely fight! So your point is well taken my man!
gravytrain
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Aug 7 2010, 11:10 AM) *

The boxing game changed quite a lot since those days, it'd be impossible for a good fighter to fight formidable opposition once a month now. There are less pros, two promoters running things, more divisions, more belts, and PPV. I think the most a fighter like Mayweather or Manny could fight right now is three times a year, SRR would be lucky to even get fights these days lol.

JLUVBABY
i think its very safe to say that if pac and mayweather fought during the 30's 40's 50's etc when fighters fought more they'd fight a lot more as well... mayweather wouldnt have his undefeated record (thats not to say he wouldnt contend with those guys but just the law of averages) and pac would be a much lighter weight fighter doing what ever he would do... If srr and his counter parts fought to day and where allowed to be as succesful as they where then and made the millions that these guys make now they wouldnt fight but once maybe twice a year just as is the case for these guys now... im sure theyd get wrapped up in negotiations etc just as is the case with these modern day pri-madonnas... lol...
Jack 1000
Thread Closed.

Please use the pinned up thread about this fight with like 200 pages for responding. That's why it's there.

Jack

Administrator
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.