Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boxing Opinions...
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Keith
wtf.gif thumbsdown_anim.gif

There is that superior comedic value shining through again.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (KENSOFINE @ Aug 13 2010, 08:44 AM) *
Is that you in that pic in your sig? If so, you have huge tits. If not, you probably still have huge tits.

I am glad that you agree with me for a change. It shows that you are not a COMPLETE idiot.

Hahaha. I exposed you pretty bad with your terrible comment about Hagler and his fight with Sugar Ray(not that it's that hard). AND you were the one saying stupid shit like "the free history lesson" or something along those lines. Which I kindly just ignored. You never even responded to my post because you KNOW you were wrong. Shit... if you are such a historian of the sport, why could you not spell Camacho? I mean everybody knows who Hector Camacho is. I mean I could understand if you misspelled some random fighter or something, we all do that. But such the expert as yourself does not even know how to spell a very well known fighter like that says something right there. Were you a Hurns and Dooran fan?

You really do like to go on your usual tirades trying to belittle people when they make you look foolish. It's actually pretty pathetic.

BTW, not that it matters, I am 5' 6" and weigh 150lbs.
Keith
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Aug 13 2010, 01:30 PM) *
Hahaha. I exposed you pretty bad with your terrible comment about Hagler and his fight with Sugar Ray(not that it's that hard). AND you were the one saying stupid shit like "the free history lesson" or something along those lines. Which I kindly just ignored. You never even responded to my post because you KNOW you were wrong. Shit... if you are such a historian of the sport, why could you not spell Camacho? I mean everybody knows who Hector Camacho is. I mean I could understand if you misspelled some random fighter or something, we all do that. But such the expert as yourself does not even know how to spell a very well known fighter like that says something right there. Were you a Hurns and Dooran fan?

You really do like to go on your usual tirades trying to belittle people when they make you look foolish. It's actually pretty pathetic.

+1
thumbsup_anim.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Aug 13 2010, 01:30 PM) *

In Ken's world that probably still makes you a fat fuck laugh.gif

Hey getting nervous yet? I'm getting pretty nervous, I don't want to see James get embarassed. I wish I had Blaze's confidence (or James' for that matter) I would love to see him pole axe Couture and then go chasing Dana White around the building.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Aug 13 2010, 06:30 PM) *

I have noticed that In Ken's pretty world, you win an arguement simply by explaining to your foe how much you have owned them, you then explain to them how much you dont even give a fuck anyway (repeat if required). You then explain how easy it was to own them and how gay they are. All the while offering little or no substance at any point.

You round this all off by explaining how they shouldnt have fucked with you, that they should have known, and not to do it again cos "thats what happens"

This leaves your foe with a confused feeling as to what, if anything, actually "happened"
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 13 2010, 09:16 PM) *
Hey getting nervous yet? I'm getting pretty nervous, I don't want to see James get embarassed. I wish I had Blaze's confidence (or James' for that matter) I would love to see him pole axe Couture and then go chasing Dana White around the building.

Pretty much feel the same as you. I really do want to watch it, but for one I got to work, and second it will piss me off if he gets his ass kicked. So I will just wait for the text messages I will receive right after the fight from a few of my friends that are watching it. I will be so pissed if James wins in dramatic fashion and I missed it live though.

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Aug 13 2010, 09:03 PM) *
Pretty much feel the same as you. I really do want to watch it, but for one I got to work, and second it will piss me off if he gets his ass kicked. So I will just wait for the text messages I will receive right after the fight from a few of my friends that are watching it. I will be so pissed if James wins in dramatic fashion and I missed it live though.

I'm a bit different. I don't want to watch it. If James loses I'll never have to watch it, if he wins then I'll order the replay, buy a bunch of beers and go bananas.
Keith
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 13 2010, 09:59 PM) *
I have noticed that In Ken's pretty world, you win an arguement simply by explaining to your foe how much you have owned them, you then explain to them how much you dont even give a fuck anyway (repeat if required). You then explain how easy it was to own them and how gay they are. All the while offering little or no substance at any point.

You round this all off by explaining how they shouldnt have fucked with you, that they should have known, and not to do it again cos "thats what happens"

This leaves your foe with a confused feeling as to what, if anything, actually "happened"

Oh man.... I need to pick myself up off the floor.

This could not have been funnier.
JD
You guys are wasting your time - he won't be responding.
Keith
QUOTE (JD @ Aug 13 2010, 10:45 PM) *

You are a God among men. laugh.gif
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JD @ Aug 13 2010, 10:45 PM) *

laugh.gif thumbsup_anim.gif clapping.gif

streetlion1
1. Pacquiao is afraid of Mayweather and may be on something.

2. Marquez exposes Khan

3. Hopkins beat CalSlappy 115-113

4. A prime DLH was one of the best boxers ever.

5. Cotto gives Mayweather a tough fight if they were to make it happen.

6. Ward stops Dirrell

7. The Pacquiao-Mayweather fight wouldnt be nearly as close as people think....the Pacman gets K.Oed
Spyder
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Aug 13 2010, 09:59 PM) *

laugh.gif

That shit was brilliant.
Maxy
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Aug 19 2010, 08:27 PM) *

2. Marquez exposes Khan

6. Ward stops Dirrell

7. The Pacquiao-Mayweather fight wouldnt be nearly as close as people think....the Pacman gets K.Oed

It's all about opinions but I disagree with absolutely everything you stated apart from number 5....which might be a possibility due to styles and shit.
PR316
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Aug 19 2010, 09:27 PM) *

2. Marquez exposes Khan

6. Ward stops Dirrell

1- Pac may or may not be on something. Truth is its only speculation because he's never tested positive for anything and quite frankly there's really no evidence against him. Just baseless accusations by the Mayweather camp and others..... As far as Pac being scared of Floyd, I don't think that plays because its the actions of Mayweather that are suspect here, especially with all the excuses being made like "Floyd doesn't wanna pay taxes", "I just wanna spend time with my family", or people saying that "Roger's situation is unresolved". If anybody is "scared" here, it looks like its Mayweather.

2- I hope so. I can't stand Khan. Cocky unproven bastard. And in a way he's already been exposed. To me, the Con Man is nothing special. Boring style. Fights scared. He's got size, a good jab, and fast hands. Nothing else. One dimensional style with his jab jab jab, right hand, window shut defense. Admittedly, Khan would be favored because of his youth and size. And because Marquez hasn't looked too good recently, also plays part. But you can tell its GBP trying to match Khan as safe as possible and keep him away from Bradley, Alexander, Maidana, etc. I don't even think they'll take a chance and put Khan in with old Judah. They're gonna keep him away from anyone dangerous for the most part.

3- Aha controversial decision. Was a close fight. And when Hopkins would let em go, he seemed to land whenever he wanted. Problem was that Hopkins was throwing one punch at a time for the most part. He would throw a right hand and then run into a clinch. That doesn't often get points with the judges even if your landing the harder and cleaner shots. Joe wasn't landing a whole lot, and the clean shots he did land didn't carry power. But he was more consistent, pressed the fight from bell to bell, and was the one trying to make the fight. Could have gone either way. But Hopkins didn't do enough and it looked he was tiring while Joe was still fresh. Deserved a rematch.

4- De La Hoya was very good. Could have been better. Excellent jab, fast hands, good power, and a good chin. His fake personalty kinda turned me away from him though. And I think it hurt his legacy that he didn't fight Trinidad in a rematch, even if he would have lost. But he was still very good. Wouldn't say he's an all time top 10 welterweight ever, as I don't think he beats any of the likes of Robinson, Leonard, Hearns, Gavilan, Duran, plus some other welterweights. But nonetheless, he was a a really good fighter.

4- He could. PBF is one of those guys that just looks to win a fight efficiently and not take too many risks. He fought the way he did against Mosley I think because by about the 4th rough, he lost complete respect for his power and saw that Mosley was gassing anyway. Cotto would engage Floyd in more of a boxing match early, and then as the fight enters the latter rounds he'd completely take over with his speed and precise counters. He'd have a chance at a stoppage here for sure but odds are that Floyd plays it safe like usual. Cotto won't look terrible but I don't see him coming close to winning the fight necessarily either.

5- Ward is the better fighter and should be favored. But Dirrell's style will give him some problems. Matrix is faster and more athletic, fights well from either stance(Especially the southpaw), and his quick left hand would work very well against Ward who likes to come forward. Plus Dirrell knows him very well. You have to figure they sparred plenty when they were both on Team USA. Ward however seems to have more variety to his game and is probably the tougher of the two. I could actually see it being a trilogy with one guy getting a win over the other. A KO I would not bet on because both are friends. Its hard to have that same killer instinct the same you would for a guy you don't know. I think its close and tight. Could go either way. But Ward deserves to be favored. Probably via decision.

6- Maybe so. It may turn out that way. But I have my doubts of the fight ever happening. I personally feel Floyd doesn't want it. But thats another isssue. If anyone could reduce Pacquiao to a harmless man it would be PBF. By the same token I think Pacquiao could outwork him and hurt him with quick shots he doesn't see. But until PBF rediscovers his confidence, we'll never know.
gravytrain
Drug testing in boxing isn't really that great to be honest, it's only a post-fight urinalysis. Nobody really knows if anyone is on anything. Mosley is a perfect example of boxing's rudimentary testing, no one would know of his PED use if it wasn't for the BALCO scandal.

I'm not saying Pacquiao is on anything, but nobody knows if Pacquiao or anyone else is taking something unless they're that person.
SENTRAL
Tomas Adamek would be best off steering clear of the brothers. He did well to beat the much bigger Grant but was hurt a couple of times and showed nothing to suggest he will win a strap at heavyweight. Haye stops him too.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.