Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spinks Stopped in 5 by K9
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JD
Anyone all that surprised?
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
This is a sad day, that's for sure. I mean, it's not the most shocking result since Cory hasn't fought for over a year and he's not getting any younger. K9 showed up hungry and ready to take it too Cory. Spinks needs to stay more active if he wants to continue fighting. He can't keep have year-long layoffs, and expect to perform on a championship level. Maybe it's time for him to call it a career, but we'll see what happens. It's really a shame how his career has went in the last couple years. Oh well, he'll get em next time.
JD
Sounds like Manny Steward actually made a real impact on Bundrage.
Mean Mister Mustard
Maybe he should switch promoters.
D-MARV
Actually not shocked... But 5th round is a bit extreme.
Method
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Aug 7 2010, 09:52 PM) *
This is a sad day, that's for sure. I mean, it's not the most shocking result since Cory hasn't fought for over a year and he's not getting any younger. K9 showed up hungry and ready to take it too Cory. Spinks needs to stay more active if he wants to continue fighting. He can't keep have year-long layoffs, and expect to perform on a championship level. Maybe it's time for him to call it a career, but we'll see what happens. It's really a shame how his career has went in the last couple years. Oh well, he'll get em next time.

I cant believe you haven't changed THEE screen name.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I still kinda like the screen name. I don't know how to change it anyhow. If I were to change id just make it my first name "Kyle", with no cap locks. No biggie though. I'm surprised K9 whooped that ass the whole fight, but oh well.
BigG
Kind of surprised by this result...never thought highly of K-9 but Spinks is on the downside and is very inactive...like his 2nd fight in 2 years?
The Original MrFactor
Spinks is getting old. The last fight I saw him in, he looked slow and worn. Inactivity has got to be killing him too. Bundrage is no spring chicken either, but he's got less wear on his tires than Spinks. I imagine Bundrage will be fed to someone like Williams, Angulo or Kirkland next.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Aug 7 2010, 08:52 PM) *

shouldnt be a shocker kyle... king wasnt fighting this man and k-9 while not nes champ material, well i guess for right now he is... lol..., but he is not a bum fighter and if you are not in fighting shape chances are you not gonna beat the guy... spinks has had too much time between fights and his style depends on reflexes and speed and fighting rusty is not gonna get it...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Aug 8 2010, 12:26 AM) *
I still kinda like the screen name. I don't know how to change it anyhow. If I were to change id just make it my first name "Kyle", with no cap locks. No biggie though. I'm surprised K9 whooped that ass the whole fight, but oh well.

did you see the fight kyle?.. hbo was supposed to show it... last night was supposed to have been a triple header... i dont know what happened...
The CEO
I've noticed a trend throughout the years...that St. Louis fighters and Brooklyn fighters have a lot in common...

They tend to be dumb and choke at the worst times...just sayin'....they get upset a lot....no offense to any Lunatics or Brooklynites here...lol
Hittman25
schech powell or whatever is suppose to fight the winner of this fight and he has already koed k9 in the 1st round so will see what happens now
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Nah HBO didn't show the fight. I heard he was dominated from the get-go though, and he just didn't look very sharp. Like JLuv said, he's been off too long and when you fight like he does, it hurts ya.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing a rematch of K9 and Powell. That was the wildest 30 second fight I've ever seen. They both knocked each other down at the same time, but K9 was worse for wear. It wasn't like K9 was overmatched in the fight, and just went out in the 1st. They both tasted canvas and one was able to finish the job. That'd be an intriguing rematch. It's not like Powell has been very active either in the last couple years. The way Lattimore was able touch him up in their fights could mean K9 could get to him.
BigG
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Aug 8 2010, 09:11 PM) *
Nah HBO didn't show the fight. I heard he was dominated from the get-go though, and he just didn't look very sharp. Like JLuv said, he's been off too long and when you fight like he does, it hurts ya.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing a rematch of K9 and Powell. That was the wildest 30 second fight I've ever seen. They both knocked each other down at the same time, but K9 was worse for wear. It wasn't like K9 was overmatched in the fight, and just went out in the 1st. They both tasted canvas and one was able to finish the job. That'd be an intriguing rematch. It's not like Powell has been very active either in the last couple years. The way Lattimore was able touch him up in their fights could mean K9 could get to him.

I read from a poster in another site that Cory was wasted at a bar before the fight. If that is true then wow with all the inactivity I wonder if he even took training serious...
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (BigG @ Aug 8 2010, 04:04 PM) *
I read from a poster in another site that Cory was wasted at a bar before the fight. If that is true then wow with all the inactivity I wonder if he even took training serious...

If that is true than COry has deeper issues than inactivity and weight. I for one never liked Cory going to 154 I felt his power wasn't good enough to keep welters away so u could kind of see the writing on the wall that he wouldn't be able to hold off many guys at 154. Side note this might be a blessing in disguise as word around the boxing world is shaw wanted to match el Perro with slinks if he won. Now that would have Been ugly
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 7 2010, 11:58 PM) *
I cant believe you haven't changed THEE screen name.

Maybe he could change it to THEE(Michael)Spinksfan laugh.gif
thehype
Cocaine is a helluva drug.

I'll just leave it at that.

laugh.gif
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 9 2010, 12:06 PM) *
Cocaine is a helluva drug.

I'll just leave it at that.

laugh.gif

So you're saying Corey... laugh.gif
SENTRAL
QUOTE (BigG @ Aug 8 2010, 05:04 PM) *

I'd heard things were on the wrong side of good for Cory and there have been a lot of negatives floating around about him for some time. Tragedy really - Cory had it all...most.
Warlord
I've hated Cory Stinks since he broke down in tears after his gift against Roman Karmazin. "Waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Nobody never believed in me, mayne! But I always knew.... in my heart... sob... that I would be champion someday."

What a fucking cunt.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Warlord @ Aug 11 2010, 01:41 AM) *
I've hated Cory Stinks since he broke down in tears after his gift against Roman Karmazin. "Waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Nobody never believed in me, mayne! But I always knew.... in my heart... sob... that I would be champion someday."

What a fucking cunt.

I preferred his breakdown after his gift against Mayorga and they asked him who he wanted next and all he could say in a retarded voice was 'Shame Mowslee.' laugh.gif
Warlord
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 11 2010, 04:35 AM) *
I preferred his breakdown after his gift against Mayorga and they asked him who he wanted next and all he could say in a retarded voice was 'Shame Mowslee.' laugh.gif

Hahaha, GOD I hated that dude. What a fucking douchebag! I can't believe that guy had a fan. (Kyle.) What a fucking piece of shit he was, and is. His whole fucking family, in fact. Jesus. I don't know man, I just have an intolerable hatred of the guy. I mean, I'm sitting working myself into a tizzy just thinking how much I fucking hate that guy.

What a fucking cry-baby.

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Warlord @ Aug 11 2010, 04:51 AM) *
Hahaha, GOD I hated that dude. What a fucking douchebag! I can't believe that guy had a fan. (Kyle.) What a fucking piece of shit he was, and is. His whole fucking family, in fact. Jesus. I don't know man, I just have an intolerable hatred of the guy. I mean, I'm sitting working myself into a tizzy just thinking how much I fucking hate that guy.

What a fucking cry-baby.

Calm yourself down by firing up a replay of K9 stopping Spinks. That should settle you down and cause all sources of irritation to miraculously disappear.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 11 2010, 03:35 AM) *

LMAO. I remember my friend and I were cracking up at that when we watched it. "I want Shaaaaane Mosley."

Warlord, was it after the Karmazin fight where he looked at Don King like he wanted to kiss him?
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
hahaha, gotta admit the last few posts made me laugh. I think he had more than one fan. I created a huge fans of Cory Spinks page on facebook, and I gots like 110 people on that thing when I was expecting six. Dude was as slick as anybody in the game about 5-6 years ago though, and Mayorga couldn't touch him. If Mosley would have fought Spinks in March 04, he would have tasted defeat. He went up to 154 and boxed the shit out of Karmazin for the first 8 rounds of that fight too. Mayweather went for Baldomire instead of Spinks in 2006 too. I'm not hating on that either, as Baldomir was welterweight champion of the world at the time, just sayin though. He's beaten some good fighters in his career, and we'll see what happens next.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Aug 11 2010, 03:13 PM) *
hahaha, gotta admit the last few posts made me laugh. I think he had more than one fan. I created a huge fans of Cory Spinks page on facebook, and I gots like 110 people on that thing when I was expecting six. Dude was as slick as anybody in the game about 5-6 years ago though, and Mayorga couldn't touch him. If Mosley would have fought Spinks in March 04, he would have tasted defeat. He went up to 154 and boxed the shit out of Karmazin for the first 8 rounds of that fight too. Mayweather went for Baldomire instead of Spinks in 2006 too. I'm not hating on that either, as Baldomir was welterweight champion of the world at the time, just sayin though. He's beaten some good fighters in his career, and we'll see what happens next.

Big G and me both appreciate Spinks..

A side from that,he's a cry baby and i hated that enterance when he fought Zab the second time..Probably one of the gayest ring enterances ever..
King Eugene
After reading the first two pages you would have thought Spinks died laugh.gif

Sounded like a freaking memorial thread.
JLUVBABY
i love don king interviews but i didnt want to start a new thread for this one so i figured id stick it at the end of this one since it seems bout dead.. lol.... listen and enjoy.... lol.... i love don at 1:35 of this thing... priceless... lol....

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.