Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UFC 117
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Warlord
Wow, I was just about to talk about how shitty Hughes was looking and then he ROCKS Almeida with a left hook and then chokes him out with a front choke. WOW.
Warlord
Clay Guida vs. Rafael dos Anjos up next. Hope it's exciting.
Warlord
Rogan just called Guida a juggernaut? rolleyes_anim.gif
Warlord
How much fucking energy does Clay Guida burn before he ever even steps in the octagon? Goddamn!
Warlord
Good stuff so far. Guida better watch that left leg, Dos Anjos is targeting that shit.
Warlord
GREAT first round. Guida looked decent early, but Dos Anjos takes it with the better technical striking in the last half. Good shit.
Warlord
Hmm... I don't know about round 2. I'd call it even, but because of the gay UFC scoring, Guida will probably take it due to the takedown. (Even though Dos Anjos was working well off his back.)

Warlord
Nice slam by Guida. He'll probably get the decision if Dos Anjos can't get back to his feet or pull off a sub.
Warlord
Dos Anjos taps out, I think he hurt his jaw. Guida gets it done.
Warlord
Rogan just interviewed Toney. Toney looking pretty good, but laid-back. Not a lot of Toney-esque shit talking going on.
Warlord
Fitch / Alves up next. Should be good.
Warlord
Alves thinks he's hot tonight, but Fitch is a rugged guy who always seems to do just enough to get it done. Hope we get fireworks.
Warlord
Just heard from Rogan that Alves came in overweight, and was .5 pounds away from making weight but couldn't do it. Lost 20% of his purse in the process.

I gotta go with Fitch at this point. Alves has GOT to be drained beyond belief right now.
Warlord
You know, pussies, if you can't fucking make weight, move the FUCK up! Goddamn.
Warlord
Fitch gets round 1. Got the better of the stand-up and got the takedowns as well. Alves has no spring whatsoever. Move up in weight, you fucking pussy.
Warlord
Fitch takes round 2 as well, due to all the ground work he put in. I can't STAND Alves, man. I hate guys who can't make weight. If you can't make fucking weight, move up fuckstick.
Warlord
Fitch gets the decision. Fuck Alves.
Warlord
Silva / Sonnen up next. Hehe. Still going with Sonnen in this one.
Warlord
AHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Silva came to the ring with Steven Segal! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Warlord
Sonnen still talking shit, and we're just moments away! laugh.gif
Warlord
SONNEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hurt Silva on his feet TWICE!!!! And worked his ass on the ground!

WAR fucking SONNEN!
Warlord
Sonnen is an MMA God tonight, boys! Up 2 rounds to shit from Silva's faggot ass.
Warlord
Sonnen up 3 rounds to NOTHING.
The CEO
Yep...3 LANDSLIDE rounds...

LMAOOOO!!

What a reversal....Chael is whippin' Silva's motherfuckin' ASS.
The CEO
Irrefutable 4-0.

Now watch Silva pull somethin' crazy off in the 5th and nullify this domination...lol
Warlord
Come on Silva, dance now you FUCKING faggot.
BigG
Silva looks horrible...so slow..hes getting destroyed.
BigG
HOLY SHIT....Anderson just tapped him out.
Imperius3
LOL! With the triangle!
The CEO
and THAT'S why you don't bet heavy on MMA fights....lol

Unbelievable.

Sonnen has NOTHING to be ashamed about...he beat Silva like a hallway nerd for 4.5 rounds...
Warlord
Silva pulls a win out of his ass and then bows down before Sonnen, rightly so. He got his ass owned tonight.
BigG
Not the biggest Silva fan but he deserves credit. He took the ass whooping and was hitting Sonnen with elbows while he was down and by round 4 Sonnen was cut and tired and got hurt in the beginning of that round...Anderson faced adversity and found a way to win. I'd love to see a rematch..Sonned should get one. He was ahead 4-0...
Box in Hand
How can anyone not give Silva props for overcoming adversity to win. I thought that's what defines champions???? I was hoping he decapitated Sonnen for all of the disrespect and racists crap he said. However Sonnen came through and gave Silva the toughest fight in his UFC career.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Warlord @ Aug 7 2010, 11:52 PM) *
Silva pulls a win out of his ass and then bows down before Sonnen, rightly so. He got his ass owned tonight.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

I knew you were gonna be sh*ting bricks about this one War.

I was at the fights live tonight and all i gotta say was Anderson f*cking solidified his statues as the GOAT.

He was getting dry humped for 4 and a half rds by an olympic level wrestler and doesn't try any sub attemps until the 5th and final rd and when he does he makes the little bitch Sonnen scream and tap like the cunt that he is.

Hail to Anderson Silva the greatest MMA fighter of all time.
Warlord
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Aug 8 2010, 02:47 AM) *
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

I knew you were gonna be sh*ting bricks about this one War.

Hahaha, yeah. I was a little gutted to see Sonnen tap out so quickly. After all the shit he talked, he should've gotten himself broken before tapping out. I would. No matter what, if he finishes the 5th round, he wins that fight.

I was at the fights live tonight and all i gotta say was Anderson f*cking solidified his statues as the GOAT.

He did? By getting his ass handed to him for 5 rounds by a wrestler with losses up in the double digits? I don't know, man. To see a man get dominated like that by someone like Chael Sonnen doesn't really reek of GOAT to me.

He was getting dry humped for 4 and a half rds by an olympic level wrestler and doesn't try any sub attemps until the 5th and final rd and when he does he makes the little bitch Sonnen scream and tap like the cunt that he is.

1.) Sonnen was hardly dry-humping, man. He was putting on a fucking clinic. He rocked Anderson on his feet more than once. He was WORKING him on the ground. Silva was a hair's breadth away several times from having the ref step in and save his ass. Sonnen slamming the back of his head into the canvas was just brutal.

2.) Anderson got worked. If you want to give him full credit for the victory, you have to give Sonnen full credit for the ass-whipping he was laying on Anderson. To act like Silva was somehow in control, at any point in that fight, is just sheer ridiculous. He wasn't in control. And he was in danger.

The only time he had control in that fight is when he finally managed to slap a triangle on a guy whose been submitted more times than a Chinaman visiting a dominatrix.

Hail to Anderson Silva the greatest UFC middleweight of all time.

Fixed.
BigG
He got dominated first rounds big but he busted up Sonnen in rounds 4 and 5...just look at how many cuts Sonnen had he was a mess. Even though he lost round 4 he knocked him down and cut him with elbows.
Warlord
QUOTE (BigG @ Aug 8 2010, 03:44 AM) *
He got dominated first rounds big but he busted up Sonnen in rounds 4 and 5...just look at how many cuts Sonnen had he was a mess. Even though he lost round 4 he knocked him down and cut him with elbows.

How many times you seen Sonnen fight? He bleeds just walking to the ring. The man has tissue-paper skin. He'd walk out of a fight with an 80 year old lady sporting a shiner.

Fedor's the same way. Some people just bleed.
kidbazooka1
This fight reminded me of an MMA version of Chavez/Taylor 1.

Sonnen like Taylor was winning the rds on points but Silva like Chavez was doing the damage then boom in the last rds he pulls of the W. This was an epic finish and War even though your not an AS fan you gotta give the guy his props for pulling of arguably the greatest comeback in the history of the sport. I do give Sonne credit for what he did im just not a big fan of the hold you down and throw pitty pat punches so the ref won't stand em up.

As as for him being the GOAT well to me he's no doubt the best ever. It sure in hell can't be Fedor who got subbed within a minute to a guy like Werdum.

Just like in boxing the great ones can fight trough adversity and win. Silva showed that tonight and IMO cemented him statues as the Sugar Ray Robinson of MMA.
Warlord
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Aug 8 2010, 05:31 AM) *
This fight reminded me of an MMA version of Chavez/Taylor 1.

Sonnen like Taylor was winning the rds on points but Silva like Chavez was doing the damage then boom in the last rds he pulls of the W.

Dude. Seriously. Silva wasn't doing shit. He was down BIG on the scorecards. Sonnen controlled every minute of every round. Let's please not turn this into another Machida/Rua I, where Machida fans were trying to get all revisionist on cats, thinking they could fool anyone for even a millisecond.

This was an epic finish and War even though your not an AS fan you gotta give the guy his props for pulling of arguably the greatest comeback in the history of the sport.

It was a huge comeback, no doubt. But again, seriously, look who it was against. Sonnen has 11 losses! 7 By submission! 3 of those by triangle choke! I mean, shit, for 4 rounds this is what your so-called P4P GOAT was doing. Getting his ass beat pillar to post like no other GOAT ever has, by a guy who, honestly, has no business doing something like that to a so-called great fighter.

I do give Sonnen credit for what he did im just not a big fan of the hold you down and throw pitty pat punches so the ref won't stand em up.

Watch the fight again. A lot of those punches HURT. Silva was rocked on the feet, and he was eating heavy shots on the ground. There is a huge difference between ground-and-pound and lay-and-pray. Sonnen was definitely putting the work in.

As as for him being the GOAT well to me he's no doubt the best ever. It sure in hell can't be Fedor who got subbed within a minute to a guy like Werdum.

Fedor's comp record is far and away superior to Silva's. And Fedor never got dominated for 4 and a half rounds the way Silva did either. Fedor has a fluke loss on his record. Silva has a fluke win. Tell me which is worse.

Just like in boxing the great ones can fight trough adversity and win. Silva showed that tonight and IMO cemented him statues as the Sugar Ray Robinson of MMA.

Man, seriously dude, I like you. You're usually spot on with your shit. But that was just ridiculous. Silva couldn't carry Sugar Ray's jock-strap. Silva ain't even the best fighter today, much less all time. And he damn sure ain't worthy of the comparison you just made.
Run and Gun Game Calls
Firstly i couldnt help but lol when silva was called the GOAT, lmao.

Silva caught sonnen in a triangle choke, weakness sonnen has in his game. Sonnen was scouted and finally caught in a move he has lost to numberous times before. go to youtube and look up his lowlights. Almost all of his losses have came at the hands of a triangle choke. Nothing new here, again he left himself vulnerable, and silva put it on.

As for Silva, until he fights some other fighters that are considered great fighters we dont know if he is great or just very good. Hopefully the fight comes off with GSP, and of course a rematch with sonnen. Then perhaps a fight with shogun.

If he runs that gauntlet and comes out the winner, the your argument as the GOAT has some merit. Right now though he hasnt done enough to even be close.

He is still behind BJ Penn, fedor and Randy Couture on that list
Run and Gun Game Calls
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Aug 8 2010, 09:31 AM) *

For your viewing pleasure kidbazooka

kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Aug 8 2010, 02:39 PM) *
For your viewing pleasure kidbazooka

Look guys i know Silva had an off night after the fight he said the he faught against Doctors orders he had injured his rib durring training is that just an excuse who knows but i think anyone including haters have to agree that Anderson didn't look like the the Anderson of old i mean he's faught guys like Henderson, Frabklin, Marquandt and whooped them easly yet he struggles against Sonnen. I think this was Silva on his worst night against Sonnen on his best and Sonnen still came up short just goes to show you Anderson's greatness.

C'mon bro that was Silva 5-6 yrs ago you don't see anyone subbing him now.

I could post videos of Fedor getting schooled in a minute by a guy Dos SAntos made look like a bum.

Fighters improve and clearly Silva has done so. So what he got subbed back in the day Pacqiuao got stopped twice and look at him now he's the p4p best.

I know you guys are anti-Silva so it don't matter what i say and it must have really hurt to see him win the way he did last night something Fedor couldn't do against a guy the level of Werdum

As for Sonnen's 11 losses who gives a f*ck the guy just beat Okami, Miller and Marquandt to get a crack at the belt he earned his spot and has clearly improved his fighting.

Bj, Couture, GSP ahead of Silva give me a f*Cking break. Penn's lazy ass did sh*t against Edgar, Couture has more losses than Sonnen so if you wanna go by that there you go, and Georges"the decision man" St. Pierre got KTFO against Serra and doesn't know how to finish fights anymore.

A UFC championship fight is 25 mins Sonnen landed more o nthe ground but his punches never did any kind of damage to Anderson's face look at the post fight conference Silva's face was clean Sonnen was all cut up and bruised yeah he was winning the rds but but getting busted up in the process.

The first rd punch that rocked Silva caught him cold thats why he let Sonnen hit him three to four times to show him he didn't/couldn't hurt him.Though Silva did drop Sonnen in the 4th with a beatiful standing elbow strike which only Anderson can do. That kinda of sh*t right there is what makes Anderson a very special fighter today.
Run and Gun Game Calls
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Aug 8 2010, 06:53 PM) *
C'mon bro that was Silva 5-6 yrs ago you don't see anyone subbing him now.

I could post videos of Fedor getting schooled in a minute by a guy Dos SAntos made look like a bum.

Fighters improve and clearly Silva has done so. So what he got subbed back in the day Pacqiuao got stopped twice and look at him now he's the p4p best.

I know you guys are anti-Silva so it don't matter what i say and it must have really hurt to see him win the way he did last night something Fedor couldn't do against a guy the level of Werdum

Were are not talking about who is the best right now though remember, we are talking about the GOAT, your words not mine. And Silva Has'nt accomplished enough to be considered that yet.

Couture has more losses than Sonnen so if you wanna go by that there you go, and Georges"the decision man" St. Pierre got KTFO against Serra and doesn't know how to finish fights anymore.

Look at who Couture has lost to, and how much he was usually outweighed by, then attempt that argument son. That is a poor attempt on your part. As for St. Pierre getting caught or not finishing fights. Again read the fine print, we are talking about the Goat, not just the best right now. Which i still have pierre above silva at the moment. Not hating on silva as I have told you three fights that would in my mind make him the best right now, and giving a legit argument as a GOAT canidate. He just hasnt done enough to deserve that yet.

Silva did drop Sonnen in the 4th with a beatiful standing elbow strike which only Anderson can do. That kinda of sh*t right there is what makes Anderson a very special fighter today.

never said silva wasnt a special fighter, he is a very good fighter, the argument is, is the The Goat, and at this point in his career, nobody but a nuthugger would say yes.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Aug 8 2010, 03:05 PM) *
Were are not talking about who is the best right now though remember, we are talking about the GOAT, your words not mine. And Silva Has'nt accomplished enough to be considered that yet.

Because you say so. Lol

Silva has accomplsihed more than any other fighter In MMA he has moved up and brutalized the former LHW champ with ease and beaten everyone there is to beat in his divisio nand when he fights forthe belt at LHW he'll reign there aswell just waite and see.

There is just he no f*Cking way i can put BJ, Couture, GSP and Fedor ahead of him just can't do that. And most MMA mags and experts are also calling Anderson the GOAT so it's not just me bro.
Run and Gun Game Calls
Randy Coutures best wins

Tim Silva
Gabriel Gonzage
Chuck Liddell
Tito Ortiz
mark coleman
vitor belfort
pedro rizzo
kevin randleman
maurice smith

BJ penns best wins

Matt hughes
renzo gracie
joe stevenson
jens pulver
caol uno
matt serra
sean sherk
diego sanchez
kenny florian
tananori gomi

Fedors best wins

ricardo arona
nogueira
heath herring
gary goodrich
mark coleman
kevin randleman
mark hunt
matt lindland
tim silvia
andre arlovski

Anderson silva best wins

Forrest griffen
dan henderson
rich franklin
chris leban

sorry dude but your just way off here, dont be a prisoner of the moment. Anderson Silva isnt the Goat yet, has'nt earned that title and isnt even really close to it yet until he beats more credable competition.

Yes he beat most of whats been put in front of him, but so have many many other fighters, that has no bearing on being the goat. Anderson isnt there yet as I have already proven. Please examine the fighters records carefully, I dont want you to look like an idiot on this, but you are sounding very much like one.

kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Aug 8 2010, 04:39 PM) *
Randy Coutures best wins

Tim Silva
Gabriel Gonzage
Chuck Liddell
Tito Ortiz
mark coleman
vitor belfort
pedro rizzo
kevin randleman
maurice smith

BJ penns best wins

Matt hughes
renzo gracie
joe stevenson
jens pulver
caol uno
matt serra
sean sherk
diego sanchez
kenny florian
tananori gomi

Fedors best wins

ricardo arona
nogueira
heath herring
gary goodrich
mark coleman
kevin randleman
mark hunt
matt lindland
tim silvia
andre arlovski

Anderson silva best wins

Forrest griffen
dan henderson
rich franklin
chris leban

sorry dude but your just way off here, dont be a prisoner of the moment. Anderson Silva isnt the Goat yet, has'nt earned that title and isnt even really close to it yet until he beats more credable competition.

Yes he beat most of whats been put in front of him, but so have many many other fighters, that has no bearing on being the goat. Anderson isnt there yet as I have already proven. Please examine the fighters records carefully, I dont want you to look like an idiot on this, but you are sounding very much like one.

Funny how you left out

Marquadt(who many were picking to beat Silva at the time)
Sakurai
Murray(who was on a tear at the time aswell)
Newton
Horn
Lutter

So the list goes more like this

Leben
Franklin(twice)
Henderson
Marquadt
Lutter(many also thought because of his BJJ he was gonna sub Silva yet it was Silva who subbed the BJJ master)
Griffin
Sakurai
Newton
Murray
Horn

And it's not just who he beat it's how he beat them most in brutal yet artistic fashion. Something Fedor and Couture who strike like bar room fighters wouldn't know anything about.

Your saying im sounding like an idiot yet like i already mentioned most experts also are considering Andersin as the greatest of all time not BJ penn, not GSP and certantly not f*Cking Randy Couture.

You my friend are blinded by pure hate and because of that you are the one sounding very foolish and stupid.

kidbazooka1
This cover says it all my friend.

You know what it's been a while since i've changed my sig pic.

Run and Gun Game Calls
Look at the notable guys he beat

Dan Henderson - Jake Shields mounted him for 4 rounds and gave him a whooping.

Nate Marquardt - Chael Sonnen beat him up

Rich Franklin - Vitor Belfort gave him just as much of a beating as Silva did

Damian Maia - knocked out in like 10 seconds by Nate the Great, and Silva couldn't finish him in 5 rounds!

Patrick Cote - gets hit a lot, easy fight for Silva

Forrest Griffin - Rashad Evans KOd him

Thales Leites - sucks haha and Silva couldn't finish him

James Irvin - got KOd by Sakara

Travis Lutter - been finished by Franklin, Lindland, Rivera

Chris Leben - had just lost to Rosholt and Bisbing

Also how can you say most expets consider him this? Have you polled most experts? I would like to see where you get your information that most consider him this.

All you have is a promotional mag cover. Mike Tyson and Floyd mayweather, and roy jones, have all graced covers declairing them the greatest ever

The mag cover was promoting an article inside, and was put out by the ufc, therefor it did not cover fighters in rival organizations.

still looking like an idiot my friend

Run and Gun Game Calls
dude the man is a very good fighter, nobody is saying he isnt, but he IS NOT the goat yet. He doesnt deserve the title, and he hasnt earned that title
Warlord
QUOTE (Run and Gun Game Calls @ Aug 8 2010, 04:39 PM) *
Fedors best wins

ricardo arona
nogueira
heath herring
gary goodrich
mark coleman
kevin randleman
mark hunt
matt lindland
tim silvia
andre arlovski

Fedor also holds a win over Mirko Cro-Cop, back when Cro-Cop was fresh off his victories in the Pride Open Weight Grand Prix. He also wiped his ass with Semmy Schilt, the same Semmy Schilt that has won more K-1 titles than any other fighter in the sport's history.

Also, from a pure competition stand-point, I'd rank Shogun above Silva as well at this point. Shogun already has more wins against better quality opponents than Anderson Silva ever will.

SHOGUN

Win Lyoto Machida KO (Punches)
Win Chuck Liddell TKO (Punches)
Win Mark Coleman TKO (Punches)
Win Alistair Overeem KO (Punches)
Win Kevin Randleman Submission (Kneebar)
Win Ricardo Arona KO (Punches)
Win Alistair Overeem TKO (Punches)
Win Antonio Rogerio Nogueira Decision (Unanimous)
Win Quinton Jackson TKO (Soccer Kicks)

As for the GOAT list, no way he goes above Fedor. Shit, right now I wouldn't even put him above Kazushi Sakuraba or Wanderlei Silva.

WANDERLEI SILVA

Win Michael Bisping Decision (Unanimous)
Win Keith Jardine KO (Punches)
Win Kazuyuki Fujita TKO (Punches and Soccer Kicks)
Win Ricardo Arona Decision (Split)
Win Hidehiko Yoshida Decision (Split)
Loss Mark Hunt Decision (Split) (A HIGHLY disputed decision that most felt Silva won)
Win Quinton Jackson KO (Knees)
Win Ikuhisa Minowa KO (Punches)
Win Quinton Jackson TKO (Knees)
Win Hidehiko Yoshida Decision
Win Kazushi Sakuraba KO (Punch)
Draw Mirko Filipovic Draw (In reality, this was a win for Silva. But because of K-1 pre-fight stipulations, it was ruled an automatic draw since it went the time-limit.)
Win Kazushi Sakuraba TKO (Fight stopped due to seperated shoulder sustained after slam)
Win Kazushi Sakuraba KO (Punches and Soccer Kicks)
Win Dan Henderson Decision
Win Guy Mezger KO (Punches)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.