Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alexander and Bradley get KOD BY JUDAH at 140
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
neophyte7
I watched Alexander against Kotlenik and he is vulnerable. He in no way is a great talent... good yes, great no Same with Bradley. JUDAH at 140 with Eddie Mustafa Muhammad will clean some clocks. I see nothing in Bradley or Alexander that a focused judah at his right weight class cannot handle. This may be premature but I saw In Zab a new beat and rythym in his last fight. He used his jab... he executed. He was great defensively. Definitely what I saw in Alexander the other night was nothing special. If he was in with a puncher like Judah he would have been out of there. Judah is making the move to improve at a good age. He has not taken that much punishment and I see him coming out on top of 140 pound division... Judah is the man that will ignite the 140 pound division... I just don't see any of the top guys as battle tested or talented as Judah who finally has a solid trainer that takes no shit...
Praximo
Can Judah even make to 140 still? If so, then hopefully his power will still be with him. But if there's one thing that I love about zab, Its his sneaky left uppercut counter punch, he executes it very damn good!!!
King Eugene
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Aug 11 2010, 12:05 AM) *
I watched Alexander against Kotlenik and he is vulnerable. He in no way is a great talent... good yes, great no Same with Bradley. JUDAH at 140 with Eddie Mustafa Muhammad will clean some clocks. I see nothing in Bradley or Alexander that a focused judah at his right weight class cannot handle. This may be premature but I saw In Zab a new beat and rythym in his last fight. He used his jab... he executed. He was great defensively. Definitely what I saw in Alexander the other night was nothing special. If he was in with a puncher like Judah he would have been out of there. Judah is making the move to improve at a good age. He has not taken that much punishment and I see him coming out on top of 140 pound division... Judah is the man that will ignite the 140 pound division... I just don't see any of the top guys as battle tested or talented as Judah who finally has a solid trainer that takes no shit...

I want to hop along on the bandwagon with you I swear I do but the bolded part is the problem. When was the last time Judah was focused and stayed focused? Spinks?
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
This should belong in the minority thread.
Box in Hand
Zab Judah is a mental midget. Any elite athlete with a good head on their shoulders beats him despite all of his talents. He's a corvette stuck in the garage.
gravytrain
The minute Zab takes a serious fight at 140 and someone challenges him he's going to get frustrated and start to crumble. Who is going to watch Judah with no Yoel Judah anyway? I know I'll miss him and his ADD.
SENTRAL
Zab just dont got it mentally no more. His day has gone.
Fitz
QUOTE (SENTRAL @ Aug 11 2010, 04:37 PM) *
Zab just dont got it mentally no more.

No more? He never did. All we ever saw were glimpses. Tszyu ruined him, or at least triggered it.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 11 2010, 04:44 AM) *
No more? He never did. All we ever saw were glimpses. Tszyu ruined him, or at least triggered it.

Agreed. Judah only had one decent night in his whole career against Spinks, and that was only coz by the time he got to the ring Cory was all danced out laugh.gif
Fitz
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 11 2010, 06:49 PM) *
Agreed. Judah only had one decent night in his whole career against Spinks, and that was only coz by the time he got to the ring Cory was all danced out laugh.gif

Haha. I have often asked that question, and you can get the same answer for several different questions.

How many big fights has Judah won?
Who was Judah's biggest win against?
Who was Judah's first big win against?
Who was Judah's last big win against?

laugh.gif

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 11 2010, 05:07 AM) *
Haha. I have often asked that question, and you can get the same answer for several different questions.

laugh.gif

4 degrees of Spinks?

Well at least we now know what fight tape Zab will be playing to his grandkids in 50 years time.

"This was my big night in St Louis" and "this is the night I became undisputed" and "this was the biggest knockout of my career." laugh.gif
Keith
It's no surprise Judah's only big win came against Spinks...

Judah has always fell apart the second his opponent hit him... and it hurt.

Judah was always a mental case but he wasnt physically tough enough to excel.
Mean Mister Mustard
Eddie Mustafa Muhammad will help Judah but by how much is the question. Neo, I think you are putting a bit too much stock into Judah's last win. You talk about rythm and bounce but the fight only went 3 rounds and it was against a guy who had already been knocked out at lightweight.

For a long time I've felt that given Judah's talent he alwayd had another big win in him. Maybe the guys at 147 were too big for him but his speed and power were still significant at that weight so it's not like he lost because he was outgunned; he lost because he's just not that good. Despite not being all that smart and also being unfocised, he still has a shot at 140. Bradley is a short guy who is sucseptible to jabs, Alexander's accuracy left much to be desired in his last fight and Khan is chinny.
KookedKrack
Alexander? maybe.

Bradley? No way in hell.

D-MARV
Many people talk shit about Judah and call Tsyzu one of the greatest 140lbers of all time.

But would it be wrong to assume that Judah was Tzyzu's best win?
PR316
Zab???...

I would give him a chance against Ortiz. That would be a good fight to see where Victor stands.

vs Amir Khan. Interesting fight because with Khan's chin you never know. He could be boxing perfect and then get caught by one big shot from Zab and thats all she wrote. Khan would have to be favored though. And I can't stand Khan.

vs Alexander- No way. I still think Dev just had a bit of an off night against Kotelnik. In sports in general that happens. IMO, Alexander is still the best at 140 pounds and I see no way that a past primed Judah could take him now. I just think Dev outboxes him.

vs Bradley- Never. Bradley is too tough and too young and hungry for Zab. He may not KO him, but he'd overwhelm him with activity. And he would do it convincingly.

Zab should try and maybe get a fight with a Kotelnik to see where he is before even thinking he can compete with these guys.
salvador
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Aug 11 2010, 11:00 AM) *
Many people talk shit about Judah and call Tsyzu one of the greatest 140lbers of all time.

Judah was, without a doubt, Tszyu's best win - and it was a damn good win.

At the time Judah was considered to be the next big thing and Tszyu ruined him.

Everyone always knew that Judah had the speed, power, and coordination to be great and he looked great for the first round of that fight. The problem with Judah isn't just mental, it's that he was so gifted that he was able to get away with ignoring the basics of boxing. If Judah had had a real trainer who had forced the fundamentals on him he might have had a very different career. He probably wouldn't have gotten caught with his hands down going backwards for Tszyu's punch - and he might not have lost his confidence in that one single moment.

salvador
QUOTE (PR316 @ Aug 11 2010, 11:05 AM) *
Zab should try and maybe get a fight with a Kotelnik to see where he is before even thinking he can compete with these guys.

Zab should get a fight with anyone who can pay him $1MM+. He's one of the rare fighters who keeps getting chances and at some point that's going to run out. If I was advising him, I'd either try to get a fight with JMM (and cross his fingers that he lands an uppercut) or wait until Khan has another big win and then make that fight. (Yes, I think Khan would take it because it would be a bigger fight moneywise than anyone else at 140 and Khan would have a better chance against Judah than Bradley.)
PR316
I agree.

But I don't think Khan is in any real hurry to take on the top guys of that division anyway. He's calling really loud for a fight with Marquez and if that doesn't get made, he'll probably fight Katsidis or something.

Basically, he'll do all to avoid the likes of Bradley, Alexander, and Maidana. He may even avoid Zab too because Zab if nothing else at this point, can punch.

Zab's options are pretty low. Nobody is really checking for him anymore and its hard to see him commanding pay per view type paydays anymore.

He better hope and pray somebody sees him as being VULNERABLE. Maybe then the Twitter warrior Khan might grow a set and fight somebody.
salvador
QUOTE (PR316 @ Aug 11 2010, 11:43 AM) *
I agree.

But I don't think Khan is in any real hurry to take on the top guys of that division anyway. He's calling really loud for a fight with Marquez and if that doesn't get made, he'll probably fight Katsidis or something.

Basically, he'll do all to avoid the likes of Bradley, Alexander, and Maidana. He may even avoid Zab too because Zab if nothing else at this point, can punch.

Zab's options are pretty low. Nobody is really checking for him anymore and its hard to see him commanding pay per view type paydays anymore.

He better hope and pray somebody sees him as being VULNERABLE. Maybe then the Twitter warrior Khan might grow a set and fight somebody.

I like Khan. (It's funny, I heard someone here from Vancouver I believe talk about having met him and how he was a really nice guy and that has formed my opinion of him. I'm easily swayed.) At 23 he's got a pretty impressive resume: Barrera, Kotelnik, Malignaggi, and Salita. He's obviously got great matchmakers, but I think he's also got real skills and has a really good chance against Alexander, Maidana, and Bradley. His chin makes him even more interesting and maybe for that one reason Judah is his scariest opponent.

Big Slim Sweet
Khan's stock rose a little with Kotelnik's showing against Alexander.
EpTXCHAMP
One thing I liked about zab's last fight was that he was pumping his jab more something he credited to Eddie. Well see if he continues this in his next fight in October.

Second I'm glad someone brought it up so many kosta lovers hate on Zab yet zab was kostyas best win so I've always kind of laughed at that

Fitz
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Aug 12 2010, 02:00 AM) *

No it's not wrong, but I understand what you are getting at.

I was actually commenting on this the other day when I was talking about Marquez-Katsidis. When you are a champion for so long and cleaning out your division, they will put mandatories in front of you and a few of them, they are worthy mandatories as well. So when you beat the best they put in front of you at a regular basis and you are not ducking or anything and fighting everyone your division has to offer. That goes quite underrated now.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 11 2010, 05:07 PM) *
No it's not wrong, but I understand what you are getting at.

I was actually commenting on this the other day when I was talking about Marquez-Katsidis. When you are a champion for so long and cleaning out your division, they will put mandatories in front of you and a few of them, they are worthy mandatories as well. So when you beat the best they put in front of you at a regular basis and you are not ducking or anything and fighting everyone your division has to offer. That goes quite underrated now.

I absolutely agree.

I wasn't trying to knock Tsyzu either. I think he was a great fighter. I just think that people underrate Zab at times. Yes, he's a mental case but He was a really good fighter when he's at his best. The fact that he's given Mayweather his toughest fight since Castillo says something.
Fitz
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Aug 12 2010, 09:25 AM) *
I absolutely agree.

I wasn't trying to knock Tsyzu either. I think he was a great fighter. I just think that people underrate Zab at times. Yes, he's a mental case but He was a really good fighter when he's at his best. The fact that he's given Mayweather his toughest fight since Castillo says something.

Judah is a poor mans Mike Tyson. More in the sense that he never reached his full potential and we only saw glimpses. Though Tyson was much better and achieved so much more, which is why he is a poor mans Tyson. The other similar thing he has to Tyson is that he is pretty hard to rate and not much middle ground. You can have people still overrated him, and some people that underrated him as well.
Judah is as good as just about anyone when he is on and is a very dangerous fighter, the problem was that he was mentally weak and we often saw him fold in his big fights. All we can do is rate Judah on what he is done, what he achieved was decent, he was undisputed and I don't even know if he defended it successfully, if so, it wasn't many times. We can only rate him on what he has done, and not really on potential he never received.
He has one significant win, but the problem with that is, he didn't achieve what someone like Tszyu or Hopkins achieved when they stayed in their division and cleaned it out, fighting all mandatories. So he didn't even show he was a dominant king in his division like Tszyu or Hopkins did, despite not having many big names on their resume (Hopkins pretty much built a better list of names after Trinidad).
I talk shit about Judah at times, but I like him and I think he is very good in spurts, we just don't see it long enough. You are also absolutely right about him giving Mayweather one of his toughest fights, and that is probably the most frustrating thing about him. You can see first hand what he can do, the problem is, you see him bring out some trash against other fights who are about half as good as him when it comes to skills.
I think he can be overrated by some and underrated as well, but the truth is, he is his own worst enemy.
BigG
You know Fitz Spinks is the Zab's only good win..

He shutout Juniot Witter.

He dominated a prime DeMarcus Corley

He knocked out a couple of decent fighters at 140 before facing Tszyu.

I'll pick Zab to beat Amir Cunt anytime
neophyte7
@mean mister mustard... I maybe putting too much stock in Judah's win but considering what I had seen his last fight seemed like a masterpiece LMAO.. I mean he for once was doing all the right things in the ring and it seemed to just flow... Alexander was said to have an off night but in my view if Judah can bring the same toughness he came in against Cotto and fight the way Eddie Mustafa seems to be steering him... I see him ontop of 140
PR316
The more important question here... Is anybody even checking for Judah anymore?

He hasn't been in a real main event fight in a long time. Hasn't fought a top guy since the Clottey fight.

Has no deal with either HBO or Showtime or anything and he's been laying low doing nothing for a long time.

He doesn't really have much market value anymore. No real reward these days to fight Zab Judah.

I just don't see any of these guys at 140 even wanting to go there because there's little money, plus there's always a rist that the "real Zab Judah" turns up but the problem is he never does.

I don't see Zab ever getting a fight with any of these guys honestly.
alaganza
I was on the Judah bandwagon for quite some time. Then I realized the unfocused Zab Judah is "the real" Zab Judah. Him being focused is more the exception than it is the rule. (JMO)

He has all the physical tools a fighter needs to be great. Sadly he has thrown away the most productive years of his career due to his lack of mental fortitude.

At 140 he can make some noise until he sees the upper tier and then it's the same old thing: "If Judah was focused he would've......"

But in his defense, that little booger will fight almost anyone. His resume seems to be loaded with a "who's who" of 40 and 47lbers.
Keith
QUOTE (alaganza @ Aug 13 2010, 02:07 PM) *
But in his defense, that little booger will fight almost anyone. His resume seems to be loaded with a "who's who" of 40 and 47lbers.

This is true... but he did throw himself threw a window to avoid Mosley. laugh.gif
alaganza
QUOTE (Keith @ Aug 13 2010, 02:14 PM) *
This is true... but he did throw himself threw a window to avoid Mosley. laugh.gif

LOL!!! taunt.gif
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (PR316 @ Aug 13 2010, 10:21 AM) *
The more important question here... Is anybody even checking for Judah anymore?

He hasn't been in a real main event fight in a long time. Hasn't fought a top guy since the Clottey fight.

Has no deal with either HBO or Showtime or anything and he's been laying low doing nothing for a long time.

He doesn't really have much market value anymore. No real reward these days to fight Zab Judah.

I just don't see any of these guys at 140 even wanting to go there because there's little money, plus there's always a rist that the "real Zab Judah" turns up but the problem is he never does.

I don't see Zab ever getting a fight with any of these guys honestly.

He still has a name. I mean He drew over 4,000 fighting Santa Cruz on a ESPN card so he still has some pull or market value he has not been on HBO in a while but you got to remember he just signed with a new promoter and really barely announced that he was going back to 140 like last winter so I think he will work his way up lets not forget he doesnt have Top Rank or GBP behind him to hand over dates like HBO has done with ortiz or Maidana.

I think not having a network backing him is tough but I think Duva is trying really hard to sell his Oct date to HBO according to other sites the plan is to get that date on HBO and maybe he can just work his way up the rankings and force one of the top guys to fight him?
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 11 2010, 04:07 AM) *

laugh.gif

First big win??Micky Ward..Great fight..

Last big win??Spinks unless ya wanna say Santa Cruz..Santa Cruz is legit but not elite in my opinion..

Biggest win??Spinks

How many big fights has he won??VERY FEW
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Aug 13 2010, 09:07 PM) *
First big win??Micky Ward..Great fight..

Last big win??Spinks unless ya wanna say Santa Cruz..Santa Cruz is legit but not elite in my opinion..

Biggest win??Spinks

How many big fights has he won??VERY FEW

Jonny, Micky Ward is a club fighter. Don't let those wars with Gatti fool you. You should know better young man!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 13 2010, 08:13 PM) *
Jonny, Micky Ward is a club fighter. Don't let those wars with Gatti fool you. You should know better young man!

Dude,I own Ward's career..He was NO club fighter..Don't let those wars with Gatti fool YOU..The later version of Ward was the guy who'd want to go to war but he really was a boxer..Ward in my opinion had the most precise liver shot of anyone ever..If he was looking for that shot,he got it..He also had a good jab in his early days..

Something you might not know about Ward that affected his career a lot was that cops smashed both his hands with a club and he never was able to get his hands fixed so he had tendonitis in both hands for the rest of his career(which also cased other problems with his hands)..Obviously he had more problems with his right hand which is why his left hand was his money hand..Ward is very underrated..
Keith
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Aug 13 2010, 11:01 PM) *
Dude,I own Ward's career..He was NO club fighter..Don't let those wars with Gatti fool YOU..The later version of Ward was the guy who'd want to go to war but he really was a boxer..Ward in my opinion had the most precise liver shot of anyone ever..If he was looking for that shot,he got it..He also had a good jab in his early days..

Something you might not know about Ward that affected his career a lot was that cops smashed both his hands with a club and he never was able to get his hands fixed so he had tendonitis in both hands for the rest of his career(which also cased other problems with his hands)..Obviously he had more problems with his right hand which is why his left hand was his money hand..Ward is very underrated..

I always wanted to see a Mosley Ward fight.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Aug 13 2010, 10:01 PM) *

Seriously who else did ward beat in his career? Augustus who although exciting could be very up and down. He pretty much got beat by everyone else each time he stepped up and collected a few losses against guys he shouldn't have lost to (if he was that good.)

Ward is a warrior no doubt, but I'm sorry he was no world beater. The most precise liver shot of anyone ever? Really?
neophyte7
Back to reality... Judah is better than Alexander and Bradley... both lack the power Judah has. Bradley can't bust a grape and Alexander has pitiful jab. I predict Zab emerges as the 140 pound King. At 32 he still has fight in him he was always a small welter and should went back to 140 after beating Spinks
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Aug 15 2010, 10:26 AM) *
Back to reality... Judah is better than Alexander and Bradley... both lack the power Judah has. Bradley can't bust a grape and Alexander has pitiful jab. I predict Zab emerges as the 140 pound King. At 32 he still has fight in him he was always a small welter and should went back to 140 after beating Spinks

That didn't stop Cory Spinks and Carlos Baldmoir from beating Judah.

Judah's problem has been that ,in most fights, he lacks a gameplan. In the Cory Spinks rematch he seemed to have one, which was to pressure Spinks, knowing that he would tire late. That worked and maybe with Muhammad in his corner, he will come in with some gameplans. Whether he can execute them, is another question.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 15 2010, 09:46 AM) *
That didn't stop Cory Spinks and Carlos Baldmoir from beating Judah.

Judah's problem has been that ,in most fights, he lacks a gameplan. In the Cory Spinks rematch he seemed to have one, which was to pressure Spinks, knowing that he would tire late. That worked and maybe with Muhammad in his corner, he will come in with some gameplans. Whether he can execute them, is another question.

agree somewhat don't forget if judah had one more rd he probably finishes off spinks in their first fight. Second baldy's chin and non stop pressure made Judah fold at 147...zab's power is far more effective at 140. Devon, Tim and khan especially don't have baldy's iron head/chin as Tim was dropped by holt and khan was
ko,d by a journey man I truly think his problems were that he abandons his jab (cotto fight after rd 4) and that his power didn't carry well over to 147
PR316
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Aug 15 2010, 11:26 AM) *

Truth is, we've all been waiting for the "real Zab Judah" to emerge. We've seen him have flashes here and there.

But the truth is, Zab has always been a talented but stupid and heartless fighter. Lacks discipline and hunger.

And every top fighter he's been in against he's lost to them. And he's past his prime anyway while the big players at 140 are approaching their primes or are in their primes.

Only person I'd give Zab a chance is against Khan. But either Alexander or Bradley beat him. Both are younger and hungrier. And they're not mental midgets like Judah.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (PR316 @ Aug 17 2010, 12:18 AM) *
Truth is, we've all been waiting for the "real Zab Judah" to emerge. We've seen him have flashes here and there.

But the truth is, Zab has always been a talented but stupid and heartless fighter. Lacks discipline and hunger.

And every top fighter he's been in against he's lost to them. And he's past his prime anyway while the big players at 140 are approaching their primes or are in their primes.

Only person I'd give Zab a chance is against Khan. But either Alexander or Bradley beat him. Both are younger and hungrier. And they're not mental midgets like Judah.

Agree.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Aug 17 2010, 02:11 AM) *
Agree.

Agree with you agreeing? Ha ha.

I've got this theory that Zab likes playing at being a fighter more than he actually does fighting. He likes the smack talk, the entourages, the press conferences, the ring walk, the bling and all that shit, but the actual fighting part I believe he could take it or leave it. It's a shame coz the guy has got real talent (and I believe a legitimate knockdown of PBF) but when the going gets tough Zab checks out.

Though something tells me he will cause a major shock at 140 somewhere along the line.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Aug 17 2010, 04:46 AM) *
Agree with you agreeing? Ha ha.

I've got this theory that Zab likes playing at being a fighter more than he actually does fighting. He likes the smack talk, the entourages, the press conferences, the ring walk, the bling and all that shit, but the actual fighting part I believe he could take it or leave it. It's a shame coz the guy has got real talent (and I believe a legitimate knockdown of PBF) but when the going gets tough Zab checks out.

Though something tells me he will cause a major shock at 140 somewhere along the line.

There is no denying Zab got some really nice skills and could be a force at 140, if only he had a better mental makeup. He definitely needs to stay away from welterweight and make on last run below there. He has got a name and with all the talent at 140, you could be right, maybe all he needs is a chance??? I am all for him getting in the mix with these other top fighters.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ Aug 17 2010, 04:35 AM) *
I think you nailed it perfectly.

Cheers Fitz, I just wish he wanted to play less gangsta and more boxer.

I think he looked at Tyson (the early career) and then Floyd (the later career) and saw what those guys had, fame, money etc and that's what he wanted. What he failed to realise is that Tyson (at the start of his career) and Floyd pretty much throughout his career, also worked damn hard to get in great shape and absorbed a shit load in the gym. I'm not sure if Zab really wants to put in those same hard yards.
neophyte7
he is off to a good start... he lives and trains in vegas now... he needs to stay away from brooklyn ghetto scumbags as much as possible... if he listens to eddie mustafa and trains hard I see him ontop of 140. The shots that Kotelnik landed on bradley would spell KO if Judah were landing them. I repeat, Bradley cannot bust a grape and Judah will stretch him if they ever meet. zab has a wealth of experience to draw from. None of the 140 guys have been in the trenches he has been...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Aug 17 2010, 10:14 AM) *
he is off to a good start... he lives and trains in vegas now... he needs to stay away from brooklyn ghetto scumbags as much as possible... if he listens to eddie mustafa and trains hard I see him ontop of 140. The shots that Kotelnik landed on bradley would spell KO if Judah were landing them. I repeat, Bradley cannot bust a grape and Judah will stretch him if they ever meet. zab has a wealth of experience to draw from. None of the 140 guys have been in the trenches he has been...

Kotelnik fought Alexander, NOT Bradley. laugh.gif

Judah can not beat Bradley, they have entirely 2 different mental minds. Bradley has fought some good fighters and proven his toughness in there. No one is beating Bradley at 140. Did you ever notice Judah's results when he is in the trenches? Usually a loss. Tszyu, Clottey, Baldomir, Spinks, etc.

jlupi
I always want to root for zab. but he has never been anything more than a front runner. as soon as things go bad they go real bad. He has the skill and power but still lacks confidence when faced w adversity
neophyte7
To the above I meant Alexander. Alexander showed me little. He had propblems with Kotelnik, a basic hard working plodder... Zab may overwhelm him to the surprise of many... Bradley can't punch... I like Zab's chances against him as well

Well now is the time to see if he is going to rise. All along people said that Judah needed to get out of BK and get a new trainer. he has done those things... People crap on Judah but his fight against Cotto I feel shows he has some guts. He had a long layoff and gave Cotto trouble besides fighting hurt and somewhat busted up. If he can bring the type of effort he did against Cotto coupled with strategy and discipline with his new trainer we may see some great things from Zab after all...
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Maybe I'm having another optimistic Zab day but I guess if you put him in with one of those guys at 140 I bet he lands an upset somewhere along the line.

Why? I dunno why, just an instinct. I think a lot of it has to do with hurt. If you can hurt Zab he gets discouraged very fast, so maybe Maidana and bizarrely Khan might not be the best for Zab, although in Khan's case it migth just be a case of who lands first.

But against Bradley or Alexander the 2 more fancied fighters I give Zab a chance.

Either way it would be a good litmus test for any of the 4 young fighters above.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.