Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Joe Louis vs Joe Frazier
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Classic Boxing
PR316
Frazier would swarm Louis the likes the Brown Bomber maybe has not seen. He'd force a very fast pace on him and be on him from bell to bell.

I like Louis here though. I think he may have to get off the canvas to do it. But he's done it before against harder hitters so why not against Frazier??... I just think the Brown Bomber's offense is so varied. He can hit you with any punch and he would finish Frazier when he hurts him bad.

Louis TKO 10 in a war.
gravytrain
I kind of agree with you, I think Louis would do it in under 10 though. I think Louis would catch Frazier coming in and hurt him bad.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (PR316 @ Aug 12 2010, 12:10 PM) *
Frazier would swarm Louis the likes the Brown Bomber maybe has not seen. He'd force a very fast pace on him and be on him from bell to bell.

I like Louis here though. I think he may have to get off the canvas to do it. But he's done it before against harder hitters so why not against Frazier??... I just think the Brown Bomber's offense is so varied. He can hit you with any punch and he would finish Frazier when he hurts him bad.

Louis TKO 10 in a war.

Smarming the Brown Bomber would be a very bad move..His short punches are just as powerful as any of his other punches..The punches he hit Walcott with in the second fight would end Frazier..Foreman had raw power,Louis had mix of power from very precise and compact punches combined with natural power which=explosions..

Joe would also do damage with his jab from distance..He had one of the best jabs ever at heavyweight..

Louis by KO in 5-6..
PR316
^^^^^Good point for sure.

But I still see Frazier making a fight of it. At his best, Joe could move his head well and dig the body with great effect.

I think Joe would last longer than he did against Foreman, though. Simply because he would get a few shots in on Louis and make the Brown Bomber respect him a bit.

But I think the uppercut here would really pay dividends for Louis. He would disfigure the face of Frazier with it and eventually take him out with it. MAybe it doesn't take 10 rounds. But I think Frazier would make a fight of it at the very least, and could possibly floor Louis with one of his own left hooks.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (PR316 @ Aug 14 2010, 08:58 PM) *
^^^^^Good point for sure.

But I still see Frazier making a fight of it. At his best, Joe could move his head well and dig the body with great effect.

I think Joe would last longer than he did against Foreman, though. Simply because he would get a few shots in on Louis and make the Brown Bomber respect him a bit.

But I think the uppercut here would really pay dividends for Louis. He would disfigure the face of Frazier with it and eventually take him out with it. MAybe it doesn't take 10 rounds. But I think Frazier would make a fight of it at the very least, and could possibly floor Louis with one of his own left hooks.

I agree with ya..Frazier would last longer than he did with Foreman probably..If it were the Louis from the Schmeling 2 fight,I don't know though..That was the most aggressive and determined he had ever been..Frazier would make a hell of a fight outta this match up..

I do agree with you that Frazier may drop Louis with a left hook..Frazier could probably drop anyone with a couple of those..

Very good point about the uppercut..Louis had a killer uppercut..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.