Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shaq vs. Mosley
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JonnyBlaze
Who saw it and what'd ya think??It was one hell of a fight..hahaha..I don't know if I liked Mosley/Shaq or DLH/Shaq more..If any of you are wondering what I'm talkin about Shaq just fought Mosley last night on his show Shaq Vs..Check it out..Shaq said he was callin all fighters out to fight but Mosley stepped up to make it a sideshow attraction..I would of liked to have seen a Lennox Lewis/Shaq fight..hahaha..Shaq is willing to take punches as he showed in his sparring session but could he handle a Lennox shot??i don't think so..Shaq takes shots to the body a lot better than to the head..
thehype
I think Shane STILL has problems avoiding the jab...even from a lumbering oaf who's never had a professional fight. Manny Shaquiao was robbed. He CLEARLY deserved the decision.

laugh.gif

Romulus9
QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 12 2010, 10:51 PM) *
I think Shane STILL has problems avoiding the jab...even from a lumbering oaf who's never had a professional fight. Manny Shaquiao was robbed. He CLEARLY deserved the decision.

laugh.gif

You mean head movement that resembles an alcoholic going through detox isn't sufficient to defend against a jab?

Who knew?
gravytrain
I think Shaq would get embarrassed if he got in the ring with a person 168 or bigger.
Lil-lightsout
My wife watched it the other night and recorded it for me. I think I will watch it right now.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (thehype @ Aug 12 2010, 09:51 PM) *

laugh.gif

Dude I love that shit..Manny Shaquiao..hahahaha..Shaqy Balboa too!!

I thought Shaq won the first 2 than Shane won the next 2 and Shane did enough to win the last one..Shaq thought he'd pull a Ray Leonard(in the Hagler fight) in the last few rounds..Shaq got better from the DLH fight in my opinion but Shane got him..

Shaq vs. Lennox is the fight I'd want if Shaq does it again..It'd give Lennox one more time in the ring but it'd mean nothing since it'd be an exhibition..Yet,we all know,it would mean something..hahahaha..Kinda like if Toney beats Couture,it'd mean something..If Shaq beat Lennox,it'd mean something..Catch the drift??
Box in Hand
Shane reduced himself to this circus act? Wow and he still gets hit too much. Shaq can't fight worth shit and he was still hitting Mosely. Whatever happened to stick and move? I know it was only an exhibition but cmon dude move your freaking head.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Aug 13 2010, 03:35 AM) *
Shane reduced himself to this circus act? Wow and he still gets hit too much. Shaq can't fight worth shit and he was still hitting Mosely. Whatever happened to stick and move? I know it was only an exhibition but cmon dude move your freaking head.

In defense of Mosley,Shaq is fucking massive..He takes up a big part of the ring alone..haha..Then add in his 91'' wing span and the ring gets even smaller..Some of the punches Shane got hit with I think were from not judging Shaq's length..Yet,he shouldn't have been hit so much..

No one awnsered my question,who do you think Shaq did better against??Mosley or DLH??
Keith

The whole thing is retarted. Shaq is literally twice his size.

Find me the best 75 lb fighter in the world and I'll fuck his ass up.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Keith @ Aug 13 2010, 06:17 PM) *
The whole thing is retarted. Shaq is literally twice his size.

Find me the best 75 lb fighter in the world and I'll fuck his ass up.

Shaq said he would fight whoever but it was Mosley who stepped up..

Also,it's an exhibition..Exhibitions are meant to have a fun feel to em and aren't very serious..Shaq got on his kneels and was going knee to toe with Shane and in the DLH fight,Shaq punched B-Hop who was outside the ring..At the end of DLH fight B-Hop jumped on Shaq and even Freddie Roach tried to get in on the action in a fun way..If ya ask me,I like these exhibitions..It gives the fighters some fun,which is needed..
PR316
HAven't seen it yet but I heard it was a good scrap actually.

Not sure how Shaq could handle Lennox's punch, though
Lil-lightsout
Shaq is freaking huge and awkward and would have made anyone Shane's size look bad. LL would destroy Shaq, if it was for real. Heck, Larry Holmes would handle Shaq with ease.
ROLL DEEP
Why are people being so harsh on Shane?!?! laugh.gif

1. It was an exhibition fight so I doubt any fighter was taking it THAT serious.

2. Shaq is like a gazillion times bigger than Shane. All he had to do was touch him and his sheer weight would knock Mosely around.

3. Although obviously not a pro boxer (and far, far from it), Shaq has done bits of boxing and MMA training in the past and was a very good athlete anyway, so that coupled in with his sheer size would give any lighter boxer troubles.

4. I liked the event - I don't see it as a 'circus act'. It's a bit of fun and was enjoyable to watch. Boxers sometimes take them selves too seriously....this was just a light hearted bit of entertainment and I thought it was a good laugh.

5. I think Shaq could take on Tua laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.